AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 17 28.81%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 35.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 23.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.69%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-18, 11:42   Link #81
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Err, I wouldn't say NouKome does social commentary though . Anime/galge parody, yes, a lot, of course .
The difference is that NouKome concerns itself with a small subset of society (its viewers), instead of the majority of the so called developed countries... not that the commentary is not critical about either group's social behavior.
Old 2013-11-18, 12:07   Link #82
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This episode deserves to be granted the best grade from me, because coming from a Third World country I do understood and empathized with Mako's family social rising.

Basically, a friend of mine termed what he addressed as the "traditional" rich and "new" rich. The "traditional" rich is the sort of person of high social status like the royalty and the aristocracy, for examples. They hold or once held the influence and authority through their lineage and carry on the civil responsibilities that such lineage conveys. On the other hand, the "new" rich is the sort of character or family whom suddenly rose in the social ladder possessing no such things as a priviledged background or lineage before.

Mako and her family through Ryuukos' victories in the fight club climbed the social ladder and became the "new" rich folk. But, finding themselves everyday with newfound wealth and a upper living standard in contrast to the misery of living in a slum got them to be overwhelmed by greed. Thus, by giving in to their basic desires through wealthy and material things they became greedy, indifferent towards each other, and irresponsible at keeping their family together and united.

In my country we have a saying that goes Aunque la mona se vista de seda mona se queda. This saying correlates and fits with Satsuki's theme that even a pig in clothing will remain a pig, nonetheless. Basically, sums up that people have desires and end up getting governed by them once consuming or acquiring too much possession in gluttonous fashion, like what happened to Mako's family.

Moreover, it wasn't prophetic what Satsuki told Ryuuko at not getting full of herself right after authorizing the Fight Club. What she meant with that line is what she has seen over and over through experience that human beings when offered too much in general tend to discard their sense of morality and scruples to indulge inside a comfort bubble and seeking safety in privileges instead of relying in themselves.

At the climax's end of the episode, Mako's friendship for Ryuuko wins over her desire to keep on maintaining her rich lifestyle, ultimately proving right on Satsuki's face that humans after all are human beings as well. That is that all people have as well the will power and fighting spirits to supress those instincts, and struggle their way out of any hardships through their own means.
By earning things through labor or hard effort and losing them as well, only then people can truly understand and appreciate the value of their work paying off with their own means, thus solidifying their own worth and self-confidence.
Old 2013-11-19, 00:42   Link #83
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Am I the only one who had trouble taking any bit of this episode seriously? I mean it was so forced and they shoved in that 'social commentary' into like a two minute time period. It didn't bother anyone else that there was no real closure to last week's episode? I must be the odd man out then.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2013-11-19, 08:03   Link #84
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Am I the only one who had trouble taking any bit of this episode seriously? I mean it was so forced and they shoved in that 'social commentary' into like a two minute time period. It didn't bother anyone else that there was no real closure to last week's episode? I must be the odd man out then.
Well there's your problem xD

In all seriousness though, as much as i enjoy this show i feel that there is a pacing problem. It's like they're being very stubborn in the episode of the week format. This week wasn't as bad as last weeks episode though, which i feel could have been done much better if split into 2.
Old 2013-11-19, 13:06   Link #85
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetic Shampoo View Post
Well there's your problem xD

In all seriousness though, as much as i enjoy this show i feel that there is a pacing problem. It's like they're being very stubborn in the episode of the week format. This week wasn't as bad as last weeks episode though, which i feel could have been done much better if split into 2.
Well that's why I tolerated last week's episode, I had assumed it would continue to this week. I honestly don't care about the family at all. Most of the characters in this show are throwaway / fodder. Unfortunately that includes the main character lol

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2013-11-19, 14:18   Link #86
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I just realized we haven't heard "Don't loose your way" in 4 episodes!!!!
Old 2013-11-19, 18:43   Link #87
Frontier

They're probably saving it up for a moment when Ryuko is legitimately able to beat one of the Four Elites.
Old 2013-11-20, 01:54   Link #88
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Somehow, this episode had this line running through my head:

"Remember who the enemy is."

Old 2013-11-20, 16:21   Link #89
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So she only lacks one as she's too busy to get a boy/girlfriend.
What about Motorcycle Guy from the last episode? I'm pretty certain he'll be back. Maybe he'll decide he'd rather have Ryuuko herself than her uniform though I doubt he'd have any choice in the matter given Senketsu's attachment to her. I could see a party of Ryuuko, Motorcycle Guy, Satsuki, and maybe Sensei lined up against the final boss.
Old 2013-11-20, 17:47   Link #90
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
So I started with Kill La Kill, watched the first seven episodes that aired, and I have to say I like it a lot. I was hooked halfway in the first episode. It's incredibly fast-paced, which I love, the character designs are amazing, the plot is, well interesting, and there is a lot of random hilarity. As for the ecchi stuff, well I kind of prefered how they handled it in the first episode, where there wasn't much of it. After that, the semi-nudity and inuendos skyrockted, though. I'm fine with it, as long as the ecchi stuff is solely complementary to the story and won't become the purpose of the show itself, like it's the case with some other series out there.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:35   Link #91
Raymondjram

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirgilTheart View Post
The way I see it, Satsuki was testing both Ryuko and Mako and they both passed. I just keep getting the impression that Satsuki is acting as a sort of mentor in disguise to Ryuko. She doesn't come off at all as a villain to me and I think she has a plan in mind for Ryuko (and potentially Mako too).

You have a good point there. Maybe Satsuki isn't the real villain (villainess?) in this anime. Some animes had 180-degree character turnarounds where the good guy is the real villain and one of the bad guys is the savior.
Old 2013-11-22, 00:15   Link #92
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondjram View Post
You have a good point there. Maybe Satsuki isn't the real villain (villainess?) in this anime. Some animes had 180-degree character turnarounds where the good guy is the real villain and one of the bad guys is the savior.
I'm anticipating a similar twist to what we had with the Spiral King. There are already similarities; an oppressed society being suppressed by a privileged society, the four Supreme Generals and the Four Devas, beastlike troops, the protagonist's outfit/mecha is powered by life; blood or DNA, and the main antagonist has a similar outfit/mecha to the protagonist.
Old 2013-11-26, 10:34   Link #93
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What about Motorcycle Guy from the last episode? I'm pretty certain he'll be back. Maybe he'll decide he'd rather have Ryuuko herself than her uniform though I doubt he'd have any choice in the matter given Senketsu's attachment to her. I could see a party of Ryuuko, Motorcycle Guy, Satsuki, and maybe Sensei lined up against the final boss.
Ten bucks say Motorcycle Guy is actually related to Ryuko (probably her uncle). And this does not look like one of those incest series .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Closed Thread