5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-24, 02:26   Link #41
B214

Bilingual allows Ise to talk to breasts, it doesn't help him understand women heart.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 02:38   Link #42
schedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Bilingual allows Ise to talk to breasts, it doesn't help him understand women heart.
Well that's true. I should think it more as a form of inner communication. To remind myself, to communicate is to gain knowledge and create meaning/understanding of the knowledge to use as one's advantage.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 02:58   Link #43
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Damn, I'm satisfied that Issei give that bastard Diodora a beating, but I wish that he was completely destroyed like Freed!

On the other hand, so it seems that Princess Asia is in another castle, huh? While I put some Super Mario Bros. reference, I'm angry that she disappeared after praying! Why!?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 05:00   Link #44
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
There is something that has been bothering me since the first season....DRAW/ANIMATE GOOD NIPPLES, FOR THE LOVE OF OPHIS!!
That is what the BDs are for. Also the specials and extra scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Michael already gave her immunity to that last season though.
I'm assuming that he doesn't read the LNs since he was trying to take the episode seriously. It's DxD after all. One thing I have learned is to throw seriousness out the window. Usually there is an over the top moment that follows soon after, but that is what I like about this series.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 08:38   Link #45
Ernietheracefan

It's good to see Dickdora being beaten by Issei.(all he can do is defense & boasting instead of make some move to Issei).

Next episode: Umi Ophis
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 18:57   Link #46
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Like many you're just glad that Diodora got beat and Freed got killed thats all u needed.
I wonder if we watched the same show? Or is this just the result of reading the LNs? The way I saw it both were among the most devastating Curb-stomp battles I've ever seen. Fried gives his typical speeches, then once Kiba convinces Issei to step aside he gets sliced and diced in a literal split second. The only thing I can think his being a monster from the start would've changed about the situation is that it would've made it look like he'd been forcefully transformed into a tortured monstrosity, whereas him starting out as a human, telling what he did to the Knights, and then turning into a monster seems to suggest a great deal more personal choice, showing that he chose to cast what little humanity he had away and become that freak. As for Diodora, from the moment the fight started, not a single thing hit Issei. He just kept flicking his attacks away like he's swatting gnats and boost-spamming to break any shield strong enough to provide some protection. It's painfully obvious that Diodora's less than an ant compared to Issei as he is now, and it took so long more because Issei wanted to thoroughly hurt him.

On a side note, one of my favorite spots was Koneko giving that date suggestion. A variation on "Hell hath no fury" perhaps? The surprise when he felt the power over there start to increase at a rate rivaling his boost-spamming was something.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 19:05   Link #47
Chichiryuushintei

@BWTraveller: One thing you need to know about Imperial is that you have to ignore his complaints. [*SNIP*]

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-05-24 at 19:09. Reason: Let's not go overboard with the insults.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-24, 20:32   Link #48
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

I thought everything was done quite well this episode, i only took 1 point off for not having Ise use Bilingual (which i think we should officially start calling it Pailingual since that seems to make more sense since Bilingual actually means to speak 2 languages) before using dress break, and for having Asia disappear mid-prayer rather than as she runs back to Ise. Those two things would have shown A. Ise's complete invincibility against women without shame (or pride in their bodies) and B. given more impact to Asia's sudden disappearance.
Old 2015-05-25, 00:13   Link #49
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
@BWTraveller: One thing you need to know about Imperial is that you have to ignore his complaints. [*SNIP*]
Crow-san dont worry about the insults i can handle them dont snip out insulting me because i can take it and i'll send it back just as hard.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 00:19   Link #50
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Saying you'll insult back is not gonna make them more likely to let it happen.
Old 2015-05-25, 02:04   Link #51
schedmaster

Watched the episode again. It's pretty much teaching tape about what you should not need in a fight. Diodora didn't make Issei work for his victory. Actually he kind of did, but it still wasn't good enough. He pretty much handed him the victory and that is annoying. If there was a phrase to describe the fight it would be: "Don't turn the ball over."

Last edited by schedmaster; 2015-05-25 at 02:05. Reason: had to add something
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 03:42   Link #52
sky black swordman

Akeno gets her second date with Ise and Rias is not happy about that. A very nice plan by koneko. Not only does Akeno power-up but, as a bonus Rias does aswell.
Old 2015-05-25, 03:52   Link #53
RawHunter
Alexithymia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
As much as i hate to say it this wasnt a very good episode. Did it have its moments YES. But it didnt have the same impact. The best way to describe this episode was underwhelming.
Was it fun seeing Diodora get stomped yes but i didnt feel the hatred i felt for him when i read it. The fights between the servants were nice but it didnt have the Oomph i was hoping for. Was Freeds part good. Frankly No the transformation ruined the impact and honestly i didnt feel hatred for Diodora like i was hoping to. The ending scene with Asia was also really tame. At least it felt that way to me. And although the scene with Asia in the end certainly is a tearjerker but for some reason it didnt hit me as much as i hoped.
Indeed maybe its because the whole S3 was a disappointing until now. I hate to say but Issei is so much Annoying in this season (maybe for me) specially his voice and attitude its unbearable..
RawHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 06:00   Link #54
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
That was a satisfying beatdown to watch. Even anime only viewers shouldn't be confused about Asia's disappearance, it's clearly meant to be a wtf moment. The next ep preview makes it even clearer that something bad happened to her.

As for you Imperial why do you even watch anime anymore? I can't remember the last time I've seen a post from you that wasn't whining, moaning, or complaining about an episode or some combination of all of the above. Seriously, even on the rare occasion you're ok with something it comes across as "Well I guess today was mostly adequate....BUT THE REST IS STILL IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Then you're back next week to do it again. I just don't understand you anymore.
Because he is an attention whore hipster, that thinks he is cool hating everything
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 08:30   Link #55
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawHunter View Post
Indeed maybe its because the whole S3 was a disappointing until now. I hate to say but Issei is so much Annoying in this season (maybe for me) specially his voice and attitude its unbearable..
Srsly? His voice? You're gonna complain about Yuki Kaji after 3 seasons now?

Also his attitude? how? Not taking advantage of Akeno when she was like that? Curbstomping the one who was about to frigging RAPE Asia? Admitting he wants to be worthy of his loved one?

I... have no words, really.

Anywho, watching Dioshit getting beaten like that was BEAUTIFUL.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 08:58   Link #56
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidN7 View Post
Because he is an attention whore hipster, that thinks he is cool hating everything
Thats funny. I'm not like that at all. There's a beautiful difference between critique and hate. I like DxD many people know that. Do i have high expectations perhaps. I was looking forward to this episode and frankly i wasnt as impressed. Most of you are satisfied just with Diodora getting his butt kicked which is fine but there's more then just that. All i've heard most people say is its great to see Diodora get his ass kicked. Which i can agree with. But did i say the episode was bad BZZT wrong. I said it was UNDERWHELMING. Which means that it was good but i feel like it could've been better. Thats all im saying.

I mean really my biggest knock on the episode was the Issei fight with the pawns. I mean really the fact is he's in a big fight with a guy whose trying to as you guys say rape Asia and the first thing he does.. is strip his soldiers naked (i mean really). He only used bilingual because he's like shit im gonna lose.

In the original he uses Bilingual first to protect his teammates and THEN strips them which is like okay we won now let me have my prize.

My second knock on the episode is the actual beatdown itself. Was it good yes but it could've been better. (Probably because i've become so adept to DBZ style beatdowns but anyway). The first punch is fine thats a straight up beatdown but from there is where it becomes ridiculous. I went back and counted the number of boosts and im just like okay 1st two punches are fine but then 7 boosts and then 16 and 17 boosts. Its not a "beatdown" its 1-sided" to be sure but when i think beatdown i expected more of the first 2. Thats me personally.

The third knock was the Asia scene. She does a prayer which we LN readers know but the vanishing doesnt have the same effect. Because LN readers know what happens next week and have been waiting for it we get whats happened but ask people who dont know the story they're confused. its like wait Asia vanished for praying or otherwise. Of course what happens next is another matter but its clearly better suited for LN readers who KNOW whats coming next as opposed to those who dont know.

These reasons are why i gave it the score I did.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 09:20   Link #57
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I just hope nothing bad happened to Asia. That has me worried. I heard that Issei going to take down Diodora.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 23:07   Link #58
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Srsly? His voice? You're gonna complain about Yuki Kaji after 3 seasons now?

Also his attitude? how? Not taking advantage of Akeno when she was like that? Curbstomping the one who was about to frigging RAPE Asia? Admitting he wants to be worthy of his loved one?
No, I get what he is saying sort of. Like last episode, as soon as Asia was taken the first time, what did he do? Collapsed on the ground and started cursing at himself. Glad Kiba called him out on that. His tendency to breakdown is sorta annoying to see rather than keeping his focus on whats happening around him. I know that his protection over her has increased since Asia has been on deaths doorstep multiple times, but you gotta keep being focused and not let your emotions take over like that.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 23:12   Link #59
moodie

i guess some people enjoy reading ecchi more than watching it
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-25, 23:29   Link #60
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
No, I get what he is saying sort of. Like last episode, as soon as Asia was taken the first time, what did he do? Collapsed on the ground and started cursing at himself. Glad Kiba called him out on that. His tendency to breakdown is sorta annoying to see rather than keeping his focus on whats happening around him. I know that his protection over her has increased since Asia has been on deaths doorstep multiple times, but you gotta keep being focused and not let your emotions take over like that.
Ise was an emotional kind of guy since day one. Saying it's annoying in this season specifically is just nonsense since he's always been like that.

If you don't like this kind of character, well, nothing can be done about that, completely changing his personality wouldn't make any sense.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote