AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-02, 07:37   Link #21
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
Like when he become target oe Planetary laserbeam which killed him by accident despite being the innocent bystander? Or when he turned into liquid state after using 'steal' to take the pantx of a fairy? Or the Ancient version of three wave?
Spoiler for ultimate defense pose:
he take pantx of no one, seem like you misread, what he took was
Spoiler for spoil:
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 08:02   Link #22
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
he take pantx of no one, seem like you misread, what he took was
Spoiler for spoil:
Oops, I mistaken it as panty since she goes to yandere mode and stab him at his kidney.

Spoiler for most favorite line:
Old 2017-08-16, 15:19   Link #23
GodTurtleOm

Don't forget the 2nd greatest defensive pose: "抱头蹲防" http://imgur.com/a/LzdVb

CNine, you forget several things, but there's too many even for me to list.

There's also a reverse kabedon using this style, with a loli-looking older sister type (Sixteen, aka Ah Shiliu) kicking the wall and Shuhang sitting on the ground, after he commented that she seems to end up in kabedon situations a lot. http://imgur.com/a/B8dCN

The thing that Shuhang stole from Separated Snow that made her angry was her most valued possession, which in this case were the bedsheets from the guestroom that White had just used.

The supporting cast as a whole is great, whether in their moments of rare seriousness or just constant trolling and shit-talking of each other, or bemoaning how absurdly fast Shuhang's cultivation rate is compared to their years and centuries of struggles.

-Fujoshi chat admin that keeps mentally pairing other male chat members together.

-Cultivator dog that just wants to play video games and romance human girls online and generally goof off and run away from home

-MC has a pocket world inside of him, which is expanding and tends to acquire new structures and residents

-Liquid state body that suicided by tossing itself into the forging of a magic item, MC had a revival item but when he got back all his friends were standing around the forge and talking to his corpse not realizing that he just died.

-MC is thought to be a romantic rival by an ocean beast cultivator, who sends 3 female subordinates orders to beat him up and record the video, and they explain this to Shuhang in the nicest possible manner. The problem was, they've got the information from a couple months ago when he was a newly risen 1st stage cultivator, and they themselves are late 2nd? stage. But he's was late 3rd stage at the point, after various body-strengthening and defense skills were acquired. Cue him standing still for 15 minutes encouraging them to keep attacking him and "to look carefully for a weak point" and telling them to make sure they're using any special attacks and weapons they have as well, while they exhaust themselves on the verge of tears.

-MC watches a senior cultivator powering up for battle with a gold aura slowly expanding from his feet upwards. The whole time Shuhang is excitedly thinking "Is he gonna go Super Saiyan?" Once the glow reaches the cultivator's head all his hair falls out.

There's also the fact that despite the ever-expanding scope and backstory in the series, it feels pretty damn cohesive and not cobbled together, which tends to be a problem in web novels.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-16, 17:25   Link #24
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
Don't forget the 2nd greatest defensive pose: "抱头蹲防" http://imgur.com/a/LzdVb

CNine, you forget several things, but there's too many even for me to list.

There's also a reverse kabedon using this style, with a loli-looking older sister type (Sixteen, aka Ah Shiliu) kicking the wall and Shuhang sitting on the ground, after he commented that she seems to end up in kabedon situations a lot. http://imgur.com/a/B8dCN

The thing that Shuhang stole from Separated Snow that made her angry was her most valued possession, which in this case were the bedsheets from the guestroom that White had just used.

The supporting cast as a whole is great, whether in their moments of rare seriousness or just constant trolling and shit-talking of each other, or bemoaning how absurdly fast Shuhang's cultivation rate is compared to their years and centuries of struggles.

-Fujoshi chat admin that keeps mentally pairing other male chat members together.

-Cultivator dog that just wants to play video games and romance human girls online and generally goof off and run away from home

-MC has a pocket world inside of him, which is expanding and tends to acquire new structures and residents

-Liquid state body that suicided by tossing itself into the forging of a magic item, MC had a revival item but when he got back all his friends were standing around the forge and talking to his corpse not realizing that he just died.

-MC is thought to be a romantic rival by an ocean beast cultivator, who sends 3 female subordinates orders to beat him up and record the video, and they explain this to Shuhang in the nicest possible manner. The problem was, they've got the information from a couple months ago when he was a newly risen 1st stage cultivator, and they themselves are late 2nd? stage. But he's was late 3rd stage at the point, after various body-strengthening and defense skills were acquired. Cue him standing still for 15 minutes encouraging them to keep attacking him and "to look carefully for a weak point" and telling them to make sure they're using any special attacks and weapons they have as well, while they exhaust themselves on the verge of tears.

-MC watches a senior cultivator powering up for battle with a gold aura slowly expanding from his feet upwards. The whole time Shuhang is excitedly thinking "Is he gonna go Super Saiyan?" Once the glow reaches the cultivator's head all his hair falls out.

There's also the fact that despite the ever-expanding scope and backstory in the series, it feels pretty damn cohesive and not cobbled together, which tends to be a problem in web novels.
Isn't the first defense pose is this :

Wait, who's the fujoshi? skylark?

He's not tossing himself, he's "tripped" by the remnant of that planetary level beam.

His saber intent is sounique to the point that he combined it with 4th ranked armor from North River Loose Practitioner and turned into Iron Man. Yup, the scene of him bullying those trio is just too baffling.

Isn't that "Super Saiyan" actually a monk himself? he got hair re-growth spell later anyway.

Yup, those sea-urching warrior is really hilarious.

Have you know that in recent chapter Song Shuhang just stopped a gundam[+beam saber] with his house[which created as a means of protection but throwing him outside to face the beam saber head on instead]?
Old 2017-08-16, 17:43   Link #25
GodTurtleOm

Nah, if you GIS the text from the chapter (which I included) you get that image along with others, predominantly Remilia, for some reason.

The fujoshi (or whatever the equivalent Chinese term is) is Rainmoon, here's an MTL excerpt from the most recent chapter:
Quote:
Great Luoism's True Monarch Rainmoon: Experience that „so painful, is pregnant good. 【Saliva expression】 The scene that especially my Great Luoism senior apprentice brother and junior apprentice brother are pregnant collectively, the simply stick passed. I quite think that next time invited Profound Demon Tyrant Refined to our Great Luoism sermon.”
She greatly enjoyed Shuhang making everyone pregnant, especially the men. (For a non-reader's context, there is no birth from these pregnancy, it's a bascially an Evil Eye attack that makes people "pregnant" in a few seconds, then experience the debilitating pain of childbirth for the next hour. Except it's aligned more with Confucianism and filial piety than evil.) Most of the times she makes a comment in the chat it's pretty typically fujoshi stuff.

Yeah, the "Super Saiyan" monk is Good Fortune, the guy that taught him the hair regrowth spell, except that it doesn't work for eyebrows.

The way I read it, a number of combined attacks from different sources, one of which was the planetary eyebeam, (3?) had left enough an impact on his mind to cause him to spontaneously commit suicide into the forge.

Oh yeah, the Infallible Holy City? The combined magic item that gets dragged along behind him and did a great job trampling that "gundam".

It's too bad that I don't the Iron Man suit is worth it for him anymore, he'll probably pass it on to one of his disciples.

Also, there was the time he turned into the Hulk (Not really, but super muscular and green.) and the time Sixteen photoshopped him into Thor wielding Mjolnir. The best girl, trying to make him look cool in front of his peers.
Old 2017-08-16, 18:02   Link #26
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Nah, if you GIS the text from the chapter (which I included) you get that image along with others, predominantly Remilia, for some reason.

The fujoshi (or whatever the equivalent Chinese term is) is Rainmoon, here's an MTL excerpt from the most recent chapter: She greatly enjoyed Shuhang making everyone pregnant, especially the men. (For a non-reader's context, there is no birth from these pregnancy, it's a bascially an Evil Eye attack that makes people "pregnant" in a few seconds, then experience the debilitating pain of childbirth for the next hour. Except it's aligned more with Confucianism and filial piety than evil.) Most of the times she makes a comment in the chat it's pretty typically fujoshi stuff.

Yeah, the "Super Saiyan" monk is Good Fortune, the guy that taught him the hair regrowth spell, except that it doesn't work for eyebrows.

The way I read it, a number of combined attacks from different sources, one of which was the planetary eyebeam, (3?) had left enough an impact on his mind to cause him to spontaneously commit suicide into the forge.

Oh yeah, the Infallible Holy City? The combined magic item that gets dragged along behind him and did a great job trampling that "gundam".

It's too bad that I don't the Iron Man suit is worth it for him anymore, he'll probably pass it on to one of his disciples.

Also, there was the time he turned into the Hulk (Not really, but super muscular and green.) and the time Sixteen photoshopped him into Thor wielding Mjolnir. The best girl, trying to make him look cool in front of his peers.
The Iron Man part is cool though.

Separated Snow almost like his personal chef, to the dismay of the Senior which SSH often trade to borrow his "CPU". I must said that Mad Saber Three Wave who transformed to Mad Saber Four Wave become even death seeking later[Not like his ancient version which basically hunted by entire heaven[male for their jealousy and female due to their rage]

Aren't she actually playing with his just re-growth hair[~5 metres]?

White senior expression package caused quite a disaster for SSH[one of the two culprit] and the rest of North Province(1) group.

Did you know that White senior caused a monk to become an apostate?

Eh, Rainmoon is female? isn't she the one with thinnest presence[even as the main villain of their movie]
Old 2017-08-16, 18:44   Link #27
GodTurtleOm

Rainmoon has never physically appeared in the story, just in the Chat.

Drunk Moon Scholar (Former 6th Stage, recently promoted, I'm not entirely sure on the name) is the one who played the villain in the movie. I still don't understand exactly what it is about his cultivation that makes it near impossible for people to remember him, but it's a frequent source of humor. Supposedly it will be resolved if he reaches 8th stage, it was mentioned a few chapters ago that he just reached 7th stage, but absolutely no one noticed. Normally it would take a few thousand years to progress, but Shuhang's existence is a wild card. For some reasons he is just "星号JS" in the chat now.

The only way any of the chat members actually remember his name is by memorizing a homophone, so he's constantly being called by the wrong name in the chat and when met in person. The reason he took the villain role in the movie is because he hoped it would make him memorable, but Shuhang's character overshadowed him and was hated by viewers since he bullied White's character. The one person who wrote a review that mentioned the actual villain was tracked down (by Drunken Moon) and paid a large sum of money to do another in-depth review of Drunken Moon's character, much to his bewilderment.

White's Charm is literally debilitating, same with White 2nd. It causes tree demons to fall in love with him, not just humanoid males and females. When White 2nd met Shuhang and turned on the Charm but failed to provoke any significant reaction from Shuhang, that was a big deal.

I don't remember who was playing with Shuhang's hair? Most of the females around him probably would have. The seniors from the Chat would from the perspective of an adult playing with a cute child, and Sixteen would because she loves him, and Soft Feather would because it she'd think it was fun.

Last edited by GodTurtleOm; 2017-08-16 at 19:00.
Old 2017-08-17, 01:47   Link #28
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Rainmoon has never physically appeared in the story, just in the Chat.

Drunk Moon Scholar (Former 6th Stage, recently promoted, I'm not entirely sure on the name) is the one who played the villain in the movie. I still don't understand exactly what it is about his cultivation that makes it near impossible for people to remember him, but it's a frequent source of humor. Supposedly it will be resolved if he reaches 8th stage, it was mentioned a few chapters ago that he just reached 7th stage, but absolutely no one noticed. Normally it would take a few thousand years to progress, but Shuhang's existence is a wild card. For some reasons he is just "星号JS" in the chat now.

The only way any of the chat members actually remember his name is by memorizing a homophone, so he's constantly being called by the wrong name in the chat and when met in person. The reason he took the villain role in the movie is because he hoped it would make him memorable, but Shuhang's character overshadowed him and was hated by viewers since he bullied White's character. The one person who wrote a review that mentioned the actual villain was tracked down (by Drunken Moon) and paid a large sum of money to do another in-depth review of Drunken Moon's character, much to his bewilderment.

White's Charm is literally debilitating, same with White 2nd. It causes tree demons to fall in love with him, not just humanoid males and females. When White 2nd met Shuhang and turned on the Charm but failed to provoke any significant reaction from Shuhang, that was a big deal.

I don't remember who was playing with Shuhang's hair? Most of the females around him probably would have. The seniors from the Chat would from the perspective of an adult playing with a cute child, and Sixteen would because she loves him, and Soft Feather would because it she'd think it was fun.
SSH already immune with White senior charm

It's made me laughing non stop when they goes to get their air plane driving license and bringing back the astronauts instead of their teacher.

Ah Shiliu, yup she's already falling for SSH. Though she might be helped by herself before reincarnation
Old 2017-08-17, 02:23   Link #29
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

High level cultivator can withstand nuclear blast. Also where ever you were. Mod has almost unlimited authority
Old 2017-08-17, 03:14   Link #30
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongs View Post
High level cultivator can withstand nuclear blast. Also where ever you were. Mod has almost unlimited authority
Limited to seven rank above.
Yup, bot in chat group, RL

SSh demon pet is really pitiful[?]
Old 2017-08-17, 20:25   Link #31
GodTurtleOm

Neat, over on the novelupdates forums, Scrya translated several key bits from an interview with the author: http://forum.novelupdates.com/thread...8#post-2649934

It turns out that he, much like nobody103 (Mother of Learning) is/was an accountant. Also, he's not a fan of piracy, so I'm curious how he'd feel about his English-language audience, who are pretty much entirely dependent on it. He has been doing a fairly blistering 2 chapters a day for the past couple years, so I imagine writing is his fulltime job now.

Quote:
Ah Shiliu, yup she's already falling for SSH. Though she might be helped by herself before reincarnation
So do you think she's the reincarnation of one of Blockhead Song's contemporaries? I didn't really get that impression, just that she's being assisted by/absorbing the White Dragon, in a similar manner to how Shuhang has absorbed Fairy [@#%x] as his Karmic Virtue Snake Beauty.

And I wouldn't say "she's already falling for SSH", because that happened way back around chapter 140. She's been discussing marriage (as a concept, without saying her goal outright) with Shuhang since 1066 and 1077. The most recent chapter (1385) had them discussing how cultivator marriages work when one party is from a major Clan/family. Soft Feather is looking on and thinking "Oh, so Sixteen wants to marry Shuhang? Why didn't I know that they had that sort of relationship?"

Onion Girl/Scallion Lady is pitiful, but meeting Shuhang has also been the luckiest experience of her long life (500 years, if you include the 200 years spent purely as an onion on a mountain). Sure, she's been chopped, dissolved (multiple times), had her sprouts pulled (multiple times) and is generally kept on a short leash by Shuhang to prevent her running away. But she's also progressed from a 1st Stage to 3rd stage in the past 4 months, has acquired a few different impressive skills (although the Berserker Art mostly just led to her getting her sprouts plucked, chapters 746-747, 1181), gained the Divine Nine Paths Saber inheritance. She hangs out in his size reducing pouch watching dramas on his cellphone and eating snacks. Now even she considers herself his pet.
Old 2017-08-17, 21:44   Link #32
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Neat, over on the novelupdates forums, Scrya translated several key bits from an interview with the author: http://forum.novelupdates.com/thread...8#post-2649934

It turns out that he, much like nobody103 (Mother of Learning) is/was an accountant. Also, he's not a fan of piracy, so I'm curious how he'd feel about his English-language audience, who are pretty much entirely dependent on it. He has been doing a fairly blistering 2 chapters a day for the past couple years, so I imagine writing is his fulltime job now.

So do you think she's the reincarnation of one of Blockhead Song's contemporaries? I didn't really get that impression, just that she's being assisted by/absorbing the White Dragon, in a similar manner to how Shuhang has absorbed Fairy [@#%x] as his Karmic Virtue Snake Beauty.

And I wouldn't say "she's already falling for SSH", because that happened way back around chapter 140. She's been discussing marriage (as a concept, without saying her goal outright) with Shuhang since 1066 and 1077. The most recent chapter (1385) had them discussing how cultivator marriages work when one party is from a major Clan/family. Soft Feather is looking on and thinking "Oh, so Sixteen wants to marry Shuhang? Why didn't I know that they had that sort of relationship?"

Onion Girl/Scallion Lady is pitiful, but meeting Shuhang has also been the luckiest experience of her long life (500 years, if you include the 200 years spent purely as an onion on a mountain). Sure, she's been chopped, dissolved (multiple times), had her sprouts pulled (multiple times) and is generally kept on a short leash by Shuhang to prevent her running away. But she's also progressed from a 1st Stage to 3rd stage in the past 4 months, has acquired a few different impressive skills (although the Berserker Art mostly just led to her getting her sprouts plucked, chapters 746-747, 1181), gained the Divine Nine Paths Saber inheritance. She hangs out in his size reducing pouch watching dramas on his cellphone and eating snacks. Now even she considers herself his pet.
A16 and SSH should be pretty close right[like competing with Ruozi for the one who'll be receiving pregnancy gaze]. Or when she's acting like his gf during picnic to Onion cultivated place, or when she feed SSH in front of the Immortal kitchen. Now SSH basically have his other self harem.

White senior willow demon even think that she'll become a good friend with Onion[since they received almost same treatment]
She's helping SSH when he's surrounded by thousands mad flying saber[+mapping his situation]

When did she say that she's SSH demon pet?
SSH first disciple have steel wings lol
Old 2017-08-18, 21:50   Link #33
dragon1412

Quote:

it's confirmed in the latest chapter, 16 is not White dragon, she just has dragon blood in her and her act of ingesting the dragon vine and get the white dragon to trigger the dragon blood in her.
Old 2017-08-18, 22:56   Link #34
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
it's confirmed in the latest chapter, 16 is not White dragon, she just has dragon blood in her and her act of ingesting the dragon vine and get the white dragon to trigger the dragon blood in her.
It's mystery how Song Blockhead "painted" gold color to the White Dragon
Old 2017-08-19, 06:26   Link #35
GodTurtleOm

Quote:
She has a lot of the cool stuff that Shuhang wishes he had himself, Dragon bloodline, her Gentlemen Golden Lotus Seed ability lets her shoot invisible blades from her mouth, a more normal saber intent. Not tha Shuhang's abilities aren't better, they just lack some of the coolness he's always wishing for.

Quote:
It's mystery how Song Blockhead "painted" gold color to the White Dragon
Shuhang ponders this mystery for less than a minute before deciding that it's probably something Blockhead Song bought off Anything Can Sell. I don't think there's any actual communication between the two, but Anything Can Sell didn't want Shuhang to mention that because he doesn't want to be chased by the Gold/White Dragon.
Old 2017-08-19, 07:29   Link #36
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:

Shuhang ponders this mystery for less than a minute before deciding that it's probably something Blockhead Song bought off Anything Can Sell. I don't think there's any actual communication between the two, but Anything Can Sell didn't want Shuhang to mention that because he doesn't want to be chased by the Gold/White Dragon.
He's already running out of luck when White 2nd want to play hide and seek.

Is anything can sell retorting when SS reciting "Monk Ascethic Diary"?

Btw, today title is really domineering "I AM THE EMPEROR[or Empress to be exact]"
Old 2017-08-19, 07:59   Link #37
dragon1412

Quote:
He's already running out of luck when White 2nd want to play hide and seek.

Is anything can sell retorting when SS reciting "Monk Ascethic Diary"?

Btw, today title is really domineering "I AM THE EMPEROR[or Empress to be exact]"
Spoiler for spoil:
Old 2017-08-19, 09:10   Link #38
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Spoiler for spoil:
The invicible pregnancy gaze running wild again I guess.

Btw, all the senior in chat group is pregnant huh.
The chance of what can sell to win is basically 0
Old 2017-08-19, 12:00   Link #39
GodTurtleOm

Anything Can Sell should have been the one tsukkomi-ing in the background, he was following because he considered Soft Feather and Sixteen to be good potential customers and he was just waiting for them to split up as part of that Trial.

I especially enjoyed his reply to Shuhang's "I'm an only child.".
ACS: "Heh, not for long."
SSH: "Wait, what?"
16: "He's got a point, your parents are more youthful and healthy now because of the Tea/Life Water you've given them than ever before. Plus, all of the outside world has forgotten our existence for a little while."
Shuhang is briefly sad before he realizes that he'd be an awesome big brother, and could bring his little sibling on impromptu trips to outer space or the depths of the ocean.

Pregnancy Gaze didn't work on Emperor/Empress though, but now that 16 and Shuhang have been transported elsewhere, it looks like Blockhead Song is going to act.

None of the seniors are pregnant anymore, it only lasts an hour and it's been 2 or 3 days now.
Old 2017-08-19, 16:59   Link #40
CNine
The Crossroad

Quote:
Anything Can Sell should have been the one tsukkomi-ing in the background, he was following because he considered Soft Feather and Sixteen to be good potential customers and he was just waiting for them to split up as part of that Trial.

I especially enjoyed his reply to Shuhang's "I'm an only child.".
ACS: "Heh, not for long."
SSH: "Wait, what?"
16: "He's got a point, your parents are more youthful and healthy now because of the Tea/Life Water you've given them than ever before. Plus, all of the outside world has forgotten our existence for a little while."
Shuhang is briefly sad before he realizes that he'd be an awesome big brother, and could bring his little sibling on impromptu trips to outer space or the depths of the ocean.

Pregnancy Gaze didn't work on Emperor/Empress though, but now that 16 and Shuhang have been transported elsewhere, it looks like Blockhead Song is going to act.

None of the seniors are pregnant anymore, it only lasts an hour and it's been 2 or 3 days now.
But all the senior KOed by SS[and he does that while sleeping].
Please tell me about defense formation?

Tags
cultivation