Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 22:53   Link #10721
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Be careful with this RAW discussion guys. Anyone asking for a place to download RAWs can get their accounts banned (yes, asking is enough for a ban), as well as those that offer help to get them.

This is also not the place to discuss your personal plans, nor is it a place to discuss the future of your site. Any more of this will result in your posts getting deleted.
I was not telling them where to download them, I was preferring that they would buy them. I would like the mangaka to get the money rather than just illegally download.

wow, I can see promoting mangaka is not allowed here. I do what I do for the sake of the artists, producers and creative minds out there who work hard and are passionate about what they do, I am not advertising myself.
Old 2014-05-05, 10:06   Link #10722
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Earth Quake near Tokyo

I just heard from Imai Kami, and he was warning the people on his site, I hope his is okay, the after shocks can sometimes be worse than the actual quake. I will be praying for everyone, I feel for the people who died and were injured. I hope to God they are okay.

So please I ask of you to pray for them

-Thy Sanely Insane Pries†,
ReikuSSR
Old 2014-05-05, 12:49   Link #10723
Homura7

Earthquakes are a habit in Japan, and unless the magnitude is over 7 it hardly results in collateral damage.

And also, goddamnit, I thought there was an important announcement. Will keep waiting till "Needless 2" gets announced.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 13:17   Link #10724
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikuSSR View Post
Earth Quake near Tokyo

I just heard from Imai Kami, and he was warning the people on his site, I hope his is okay, the after shocks can sometimes be worse than the actual quake. I will be praying for everyone, I feel for the people who died and were injured. I hope to God they are okay.

So please I ask of you to pray for them

ReikuSSR
I hope it's nothing serious.
Old 2014-05-05, 16:05   Link #10725
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Earthquakes are a habit in Japan, and unless the magnitude is over 7 it hardly results in collateral damage.

And also, goddamnit, I thought there was an important announcement. Will keep waiting till "Needless 2" gets announced.
Hey, the least you could do is show a little concern! Imai Kami-san is trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I hope it's nothing serious.
Thank you for your concern, I will try to keep everyone in hand with news, abiding this is not against the forum policy, even if it is I will keep trying, I care about the fans, and let us hope for the best for Japan.

ReikuSSR
Old 2014-06-03, 17:51   Link #10726
yesplease

Guys, you should check out Imai Kami's website. Interesting stuff going on. For anyone who ever wanted to get their hands on BLACKSPOT, this is your chance.

http://imaikami.sakura.ne.jp/reccent.html
http://imaikami.sakura.ne.jp/

Last edited by yesplease; 2014-06-03 at 18:06.
yesplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 22:50   Link #10727
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
Guys, you should check out Imai Kami's website. Interesting stuff going on. For anyone who ever wanted to get their hands on BLACKSPOT, this is your chance.

Who's the Cruz/Mio look-a-like?
Old 2014-06-04, 21:10   Link #10728
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post

That is fine if you want the information.

To Purchase Art Book/BLACK SPOT
Old 2014-06-04, 21:13   Link #10729
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Who's the Cruz/Mio look-a-like?
If you are talking about the pink haired girl on the front of the Art Book, that is the main character for Summon! Swordsman School. she is was first in a 4-koma about the series now it is a manga series published by EnterBrain, in the ARCADIA gaming magazine.
Old 2014-06-05, 10:39   Link #10730
Kurohane

Quote:
If you are talking about the pink haired girl on the front of the Art Book, that is the main character for Summon! Swordsman School. she is was first in a 4-koma about the series now it is a manga series published by EnterBrain, in the ARCADIA gaming magazine.
Thanks, Reiku.
Old 2014-06-06, 00:45   Link #10731
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

haven't checked on needless for a long time now.
So where are we now? what chapter and what has happened?
My last read was Blade thinking Cruz was a loli.
Old 2014-06-06, 02:12   Link #10732
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
haven't checked on needless for a long time now.
So where are we now? what chapter and what has happened?
My last read was Blade thinking Cruz was a loli.
NEEDLESS ended back around July of 2013. I will not spoil anything, but NEEDLESS is up and readable still on MangaHere, also I suggest reading Shirasunamura if you want as whell.
Old 2014-06-18, 21:23   Link #10733
Avvesione

I received the Imai Kami artbook (今井神ビジュアルコレクション ニライカナイ) and Black Spot doujinshis yesterday.

The Imai Kami artbook is like most artbooks and features a number of his better works throughout the years. The bulk of the artbook are his works from the Arcadia magazine where he's done quick, little comics and other color works. As you might imagine from the context of the magazine that most of the works are video game/arcade game/etc related and that the comics are similar in humor (and ecchiness) to Needless. For someone who's very unfamiliar with his work from Arcadia, it was nice to get a couple hundred new comics as new content.

As for the Needless and Shirasunamura content, there's nothing new that isn't available in the volumes or from specials in the mangazines or on his website. For someone like me, there was no new content. But for someone who's only read the manga online, there's probably quite a bit of new images since most of the special stuff from the volumes and specials don't make it online. I only noticed one redraw among the Needless images and it was only because I noticed Setsuna's hair was shorter (compare her early manga hair style to later manga hair style). I'll probably go back and look at the other pictures in detail later, but nothing apparent to me.

The Black Spot doujinshis were fascinating to look at and right away, you can tell that Needless is heavily derived from Black Spot. I have trouble appreciating that the two are canon because of how many similarities and parallels there are between the two with many scenes being essentially the same. The story seems to be more developed than Needless, especially toward the end, leading to reinforce my impressions that Ultra Jump forced Kami to end Needless early which caused the manga to be rushed and sloppy in the final year. I'm not going to say much more on Black Spot (since I can't read it), but I will say it's a lot like Needless except much less comedy, much less ecchi and a lot more horror material.

If you're interested, the best piece of advice would be to order the visual collection from Japan, especially if you're a die-hard Kami fan.
Old 2014-06-22, 16:46   Link #10734
Cruz Excahm
Creator Class - Kawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I will say it's a lot like Needless except much less comedy, much less ecchi and a lot more horror material.
Dont quiet remmember where i saw/read this but...
Spoiler:
Old 2014-06-22, 17:37   Link #10735
ReikuSSR
Thy Sanely Insane Pries†

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Excahm View Post
Dont quiet remmember where i saw/read this but...
Spoiler:
The thing is huge, and very philosophical ideals what I have noticed a lot in Imai Kami's works. I may show a little as a promo. As far as the overall story, touching to me as always, almost scary to how it relates to something to my life.
Quote:
I received the Imai Kami artbook (今井神ビジュアルコレクション ニライカナイ) and Black Spot doujinshis yesterday.

The Imai Kami artbook is like most artbooks and features a number of his better works throughout the years. The bulk of the artbook are his works from the Arcadia magazine where he's done quick, little comics and other color works. As you might imagine from the context of the magazine that most of the works are video game/arcade game/etc related and that the comics are similar in humor (and ecchiness) to Needless. For someone who's very unfamiliar with his work from Arcadia, it was nice to get a couple hundred new comics as new content.

As for the Needless and Shirasunamura content, there's nothing new that isn't available in the volumes or from specials in the mangazines or on his website. For someone like me, there was no new content. But for someone who's only read the manga online, there's probably quite a bit of new images since most of the special stuff from the volumes and specials don't make it online. I only noticed one redraw among the Needless images and it was only because I noticed Setsuna's hair was shorter (compare her early manga hair style to later manga hair style). I'll probably go back and look at the other pictures in detail later, but nothing apparent to me.

The Black Spot doujinshis were fascinating to look at and right away, you can tell that Needless is heavily derived from Black Spot. I have trouble appreciating that the two are canon because of how many similarities and parallels there are between the two with many scenes being essentially the same. The story seems to be more developed than Needless, especially toward the end, leading to reinforce my impressions that Ultra Jump forced Kami to end Needless early which caused the manga to be rushed and sloppy in the final year. I'm not going to say much more on Black Spot (since I can't read it), but I will say it's a lot like Needless except much less comedy, much less ecchi and a lot more horror material.

If you're interested, the best piece of advice would be to order the visual collection from Japan, especially if you're a die-hard Kami fan.
Beautiful isn't it? I Enjoyed finally "reading" the rest of BLACK SPOT. Also I do wish ARCADIA was not so expensive to subscribe to, I'd be able to keep up on his new series.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Regardless, looking forward to much more from Imai Kami-san, and hope he posts more on his daily life, as far as video games or his little trips.
Thank you Everyone.

"Long Live Kami, Imai Kami!" -SSR-

ReikuSSR
Old 2014-06-27, 18:02   Link #10736
Cruz Excahm
Creator Class - Kawaii

Quote:
The thing is huge, and very philosophical ideals what I have noticed a lot in Imai Kami's works. I may show a little as a promo. As far as the overall story, touching to me as always, almost scary to how it relates to something to my life.
Ye i mean this Angel just i case:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-01-30, 18:48   Link #10737
Ynot

It's really quiet in here(not really a surprise!), but just in case there's still a few people around I'd like to mention Imai Kami's latest manga will be on sale in about two weeks according to amazon.co.jp

It might be nice to see what he's been up to ever since Needless 1 got finished. You can find the first chapter of this volume online, LEGALLY. I guess it's a marketing thing. I'm not sure if the admins like me linking to it so you'll have to find it yourself. It's called "召喚!! 剣豪学園 ".
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 20:05   Link #10738
Avvesione

Yup, at Ynot mentioned, Imai Kami's work is his 4koma from ARCADIA magazine, and is being bundled and sold as a manga now. I'm not sure if it's finished or ongoing, but it's nice to see Kami is still alive after not really doing much for so long.

Attached are two images I could find for the manga.

Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-10, 21:15   Link #10739
Kurohane

Quote:
Yup, at Ynot mentioned, Imai Kami's work is his 4koma from ARCADIA magazine, and is being bundled and sold as a manga now. I'm not sure if it's finished or ongoing, but it's nice to see Kami is still alive after not really doing much for so long.

Attached are two images I could find for the manga.

Spoiler:
Well, there's a Cruz and Mio expy. Also, the main male is Gido's expy?
Old 2015-02-12, 09:27   Link #10740
Ynot

Nice to see there's still some people around here I looked around and found some links to prove my link to Kami's new manga is a legal website with the proper copyrights. So if you're an admin, hope this will be enough to convince you to not delete my links.

Article 1
Article 2

Now here's the link with the first two chapters of "召喚!! 剣豪学園".

And here's a small summary.
Spoiler for for fun!:

I wonder where this manga will be going, but for an introduction it's nice enough. Not nice enough for me to want to buy it yet but who knows maybe in the future. My prediction, the principal will turn out to be evil. Don't have any sort of proof, just a hunch
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen