AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-09, 09:30   Link #41
Frontier

A pretty somber lead-in to Meisei's fated match against Kenjo...no wonder, considering what's happened. Even Touma's off his game, so they have to have Natsuno on pitching. But without Touma, it's no wonder they lost. They're lucky Sou was able to get a homer. Still, no Koshien for Meisei this go around .

For once Haruka's dads drinking doesn't feel quite like a joke and more like a man in grief. She wants him to quit but she can kind of understand what he's going through .

You know it's serious when Touma is surly and Haruka's dad has to bench him because this isn't the kind of playing his dad would want to see. Sou seems to be handling it well, but this isn't his first dead dad, but he didn't need to phrase it that Eisuke wasn't his "real" father. But that was probably just to get a rise out of Touma .

Man, you know Touma's got it bad when he's getting so emotional and having constant nightmares about his dads' death. I didn't even think of it before, but now he's basically alone with his step-family, and it seems like he's avoiding being home. At least he's still arriving in time for Otomi dinners. Still forgot their moms' birthday though .

Well, sucks Imagawa won't be with the team when they make it to Koshien, but at least he never promised he'd take them there. Sou will probably be a much better and effective captain anyways .

Wow, Arisa actually looking out for Otomi! Never thought I'd see the day .

Was that Adachi and his editor complaining about killing somebody off again? At least it was a heart attack and not a traffic accident this time .

Dang, even Kenjo lost in the quaterfinals, thanks to the rain messing up their game. Now the coach has a grudge against rain .

"No problem!" Is Otomi going to take care of Touma ?

Oh man, their mom is just crying to herself by the altar. That poor woman. They shouldn't have such a wall of dead parents .

Well, I guess now they have the Autumn Tournament to look forward to...I guess
Old 2023-09-10, 07:23   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm annoyed at the whole thing. Couldn't the dad have died after Meisei lost while playing normally or something?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-10, 08:24   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It's Adachi.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-16, 09:29   Link #44
Frontier

It's a sign of how meaningful the friendship between Haruka's mom and the Tachibana Mama is now that she's there for her to help process her grief over losing her husband (well, her second husband) which is what she really needs now .

Otomi is savage! I get having a guy acting like he doesn't have a care in the world say you seem to be handling the death of your father well, when you really aren't, might sting but calling the dude out on his own grief over his divorce? Wow .

The Toga Brothers seem tough and a bane to the Boxing Club, but luckily Harada returns to his old stomping grounds to crack some skulls in his efforts to restore his memory and give them a good licking. Who knew they could have just found his picture in the yearbook this whole time? Poor Oohashi though .

Nice to see Haruka's dad is serious about going to Koshien in honor of Eisuke...even if he still can't help his drinking .

I see Nishimura wanted to avoid Harada until he realized he had amnesia and could give him a specific recollection of their time together that avoids all the stuff Nishimura doesn't want to deal with .

Otomi finally realizes why you just don't joke about your death (or death in general) now that she's lost her father (again) .

Haruka was joking about the date, but I wonder if part of her wanted to be the one for Touma to open up to about his grief. Well, Sou just reminding us that he's still pretty into Haruka too .

Just the blatant favoritism when Otomi admits she cooks the stuff Touma likes. I'm not surprised, but still .

Figures Touma and Otomi would end up alone and that would be the moment they both really open up about their loss. Otomi now is able to grieve both of her fathers in a way she couldn't before because she understands what it means to have a father now thanks to Eisuke. And Touma nearly breaks down in grief but can't bring himself to cry in front of Otomi because he wants to look strong in front of her, even though she just wants him to let it all out .
Old 2023-09-23, 09:28   Link #45
Frontier

It's nice to see Touma really opening up to Otomi, and how much having her in his life helped make him feel more motivated and happier. It's definitely a very emotionally intimate moment of them sharing coffee together and reminiscing .

(I am kind of curious how things are going with Haruka and Sou...)

Oh hey, Harada just drunkenly stumbled into their yard and puked! He's glad this family is cool with him now. It's a good thing the adult women in this show are the only ones who aren't functioning alcoholics .

That was a sweet scene of Harada realizing what's going on between Otomi and Touma and counting on her to take care of him. Though of course Sou had to return home right when the mood was getting good !

The seasons keep moving as do the youth of Japan, with Meisei back in the swing of things for the Fall tournament! And while Natsuno still has kinks to iron out as a pitcher, it feels like Touma is finally back, incorporating his fathers' loss into his pitching and making him stronger than ever! I almost feel bad for the other school trying so hard .

Otomi and Arisa's relationship is now in a weird phase, but at least it doesn't seem as difficult as before, maybe because Arisa is now crushing on Akai's older brother instead of Akai younger and helping keep him updated of how his little bro is doing? I guess that's good for younger Akai (even if he won't win Otomi in the end) .

I love how the Coffee Dragon owner won't accept modern payment methods .

It's nice to see the Tachibana Family are happy and more alive than they were before, and back to being more of a family, complete with the mom properly seeing her kids off, Touma responding, and Otomi arm in arm with her brothers !

Maybe they'll make it to koshien next season !
Old 2023-09-24, 01:09   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That scene with Shouhei "accidentally" showing up to express his grief and check on Eisuke's kids really got to me. Classic understated Adachi emotion.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, sports