AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-19, 18:17   Link #41
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

^_^
now thats funny ^_^
Old 2008-12-16, 23:04   Link #42
AmayaReika

Send a message via MSN to AmayaReika
Answer to all of your questions! Or rather, a few.. >__>

Okay... Just because I think you guys are in need of answers..

1) Beyond(Bb) has shinigami eyes, because his parents had shinigami body parts. That's all I know of, as of late. .~.;; Sorry.

2) Misa...IS DEAD. K? Dead. She died on Valentine's day, one year after Light dies. Yeah. I know. Tragic.

3) No one likes Near. I mean, I like him, but really, I've asked everyone I know, and out of, like...20 people, including myself, only 3 like him. .-.;; So tragic.

4) However you may think, there IS the possibility of another Death Note series; because Death Note is NOT about Yagami Light, as much as you may think it be so. It's about a HUMAN, obtaining a DEATH NOTE. Hence, the name, DEATH NOTE. So yes, there is a possibility.

5) Obata is working on something called RasGald, or something.. I can't remember. I'll post it up when I find it.

6) Blue Dragon is by someone else entirely. .-.;;

7) The successors of L were raised to be the greatest detective in the world. Bb mistook this, believing that he should BECOME Lawliet(L). That's why he's like that. He wanted to BE Lawliet, NOT a copy.

8) In Death Note 13: How to Read, Ohba states that they all have something that they absolutely love. It's a genius thing. Oh, it's also rumored that there are things that they are deadly afraid of, like Lawliet being deathly afraid of salt, and Mello being deathly afraid of broccoli.

9) Beyond isn't JUST "Backup", he's successor #2. Actually, the successors of L are alphabetically ordered, starting from A and ending at Z. The first successor, Autumn Ayers(Aa), committed suicide after Lawliet revealed to him of the successor stuff.

.~.;; I'm not exactly sure that I've answered your questions... Tell me if there are more, K? I'll TRY to answer them.. >___>

It's a good thing that I belong to LifeNoteClub on dA; the owner is DN CRAZY. XD

Yeeaaaah... >_____________>;;;;;;
Old 2008-12-16, 23:06   Link #43
AmayaReika

Send a message via MSN to AmayaReika
..Crap. I didn't answer many questions, just gave my opinion.... xDDD Pardon for my ignorance. .~.;
Old 2008-12-27, 12:44   Link #44
~ Lawliet ~

The novel really amazed me actually.
Was very masterful me thought.
Old 2008-12-28, 22:14   Link #45
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

i have had it for a while and still cant put the DAMN book down
Old 2009-02-03, 11:43   Link #46
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
^ LOL, thats what my friend does since she owns the book. She reads it like all the freaking time now. Today I am letting my other friend read it, but she hardly read any of them (which makes me worried) because i might want to read it again soon .

And recently, I made a brief book review on it. It is for class though (and I'm curious if I did good ><)

Spoiler for Death Note: Another novel book review:

So yeah. Tats the review I posted up on librarything.com.

EDIT:
OMG, I have a grammar error in the review xD.
Old 2009-02-03, 12:38   Link #47
Amray

I am currently reading the Death Note: Another Note novel at the moment. I had to wait for it to be back in stock on Play.com before I could recieve it though.

'tis amazing. I now know a lot more things regarding Death Note, L, and L's whole background after reading some of this book, things that I did not know before..although his could be due to the fact that I have not finished watching nor reading the Death Note series all the way through. It was also interesting to learn more about Naomi Misora too. I also adore the twisted plot in which it posesses.

I will read the final chapter tonight.
Old 2009-02-04, 16:18   Link #48
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

when i first read the book n got to da amazing end i was like OMFG!!!!!! i still love it!!! still cant put it down have read it 20 time so far
Old 2009-02-06, 06:26   Link #49
Amray

I finished reading it last night, and I must say that I did not expect that. What an amazing finish to an amazing novel. I want to read it again now that I know the amazing twist to it. It was quite expected but I did not actually see it. 'twas a very clever novel.

I also loved that one line near the end of the story, although I will not state it just in case.
Old 2009-02-09, 11:39   Link #50
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post

'tis amazing. I now know a lot more things regarding Death Note, L, and L's whole background after reading some of this book, things that I did not know before..although his could be due to the fact that I have not finished watching nor reading the Death Note series all the way through. It was also interesting to learn more about Naomi Misora too. I also adore the twisted plot in which it possesses.
Glad you like the book =D. I also agree that it was pretty interesting to learn more about Naomi. She was one of my favorite characters in the book (not the whole series altogether of course). I just wish that this whole book could've been in the beginning of the series. It would've made the anime and manga in total better. It titillated my mind a lot lol.
Old 2009-02-09, 14:24   Link #51
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Glad you like the book =D. I also agree that it was pretty interesting to learn more about Naomi. She was one of my favorite characters in the book (not the whole series altogether of course). I just wish that this whole book could've been in the beginning of the series. It would've made the anime and manga in total better. It titillated my mind a lot lol.
Indeed. I think that all Death Note fans should read this book atleast once to get more of an in-depth description of what it revolves around.. Alas, just as Mello wrote in the notes, it gives the reader a great view of L's amazing deductive skills and unique way of thinking and how it is that he recieved the title of the world's greatest detective. If one reads this then they can clearly see how great he, and also Misora, were back a few years prior the manga/anime...of course that is not to say that L was not amazing during the manga and anime too.

I suppose it was good to make it a seperate project to the manga though. It just gives it that nice feeling of extra story. I was quite hoping that they would make more novels based on the other cases written in the back of the book, on the conclusion page. That would be good, I would definitely buy them.
Old 2009-02-11, 17:14   Link #52
Dark Lord
Evil Overlord

Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Lord
I just finished the book and I enjoyed it very much. I didn't know what to expect since it didn't involve a Death Note and I don't usually read mystery novels, but I thought it was well thought out and written well, too. As I read it I kept wanting to know what would happen next.
Old 2009-02-19, 20:53   Link #53
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

the ending was very clever n Naomi's past was really unexpected
Spoiler for the ending:
Old 2009-04-30, 18:02   Link #54
bakurasgirl
TOAST!

Send a message via AIM to bakurasgirl Send a message via Yahoo to bakurasgirl
I own bb murder case, it wasn't really good.
Old 2009-04-30, 22:15   Link #55
Alois
The Thinker

My friend has the novel and is currently reading it.

I might borrow it from him when he's finished with it.
Old 2009-05-10, 09:43   Link #56
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

This novel was excellent.

It did such an amazing job of transferring Anime style imagery into written prose.

There are a few laugh out loud parts around certain descriptions of characters mannerisms and personalities which are as close as I've seen anyone get to recreating the visual equivalent of the animes.

The plot twist is EPIC and will evade even the most accomplished until very near the end. It's got an excellent pace. Very un put downable.

I bought it from manchester airport and finished it before I landed in amsterdam.

If you like Death Note and can read this is balls out essential.

============================

Anyway , I only intended to post here to enquire if another one is coming out.

The interweb rumour mill seems to be dry. =(
Old 2009-05-14, 20:03   Link #57
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

well i loved it and all but i dont think that there will be another one
the story line was to well plot out and takes a long time to organized thoughts like that but it is likely as well as the death note thought. there are many ideas like that but none are confurmed (sp?) just yet or at all ^_^
just wanted to say my thoughts ^_^
Old 2009-11-04, 21:48   Link #58
Fisher

Sorry to necro-post, but...I've got a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animefanrk2k View Post
Sorry to quote an older post, but to clarify, I believe that original storyline writer of Death Note, Tsugumi Ohba, stated that while he help in the writing of the novel much, that Nisio Isin did such a good job in writing it, he'd consider it canon and that it definitely fits into the Death Note story.
Is that true? Do you have the source for that?
Old 2009-12-27, 07:09   Link #59
nsnear

Send a message via Yahoo to nsnear
hmmm....

what your name?
Old 2011-07-30, 13:17   Link #60
rebelguy
Follower of Kira

Send a message via MSN to rebelguy
Hey people. Now I know I'm a bit late to the party but, does anyone here know who owns the rights to Another Note now?
Closed Thread