021 - 030: Very Bad... 2 2.47%
011 - 020: Awful... 3 3.70%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Beyblade... 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-06, 18:38   Link #161
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiokenAttack View Post
That linked vision confuses me. It should be too much for a single brain to handle. Then again, controlling puppets must be hard, too. It's like flying a kite.
Sasori controlled a lot more puppets, though I don't think he tried to use their eyes
to see. Sasori also used strings, as opposed to Pain's wireless tech.

Now all Konoha needs is a chakra signal jammer.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 20:42   Link #162
naruske

I'm just curious, which ship episode has the best animation?
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:14   Link #163
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Now all Konoha needs is a chakra signal jammer.
Konoha nins say that they can't read the signal because it's frequency is constantly changing, so Pain is defending against jamming or intercepting.

Also he could use something like this if Kishimoto wanted to
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 10:16   Link #164
neshru

Finally some (really) good news on the animation front:
- the animation director for episode 166 will be Hirofumi Suzuki. He did episodes 82 (Asuma's funeral), 85 (team 10 vs H&K) and 123 (Sasuke vs Deidara) of Shippuuden, basically most of the Shippuuden "special" episodes.
- the animation director for episode 167 will be Atsushi Wakabayashi. He has only worked on the original series before and did episode 30 (Sasuke vs Orochimaru), 71 (third hokage vs Orochimaru) and 133 (Naruto vs Sasuke at the VotE), basically most of the part 1 "special" episodes.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 10:43   Link #165
james0246

^I was just going to add this info to the Upcoming Episode thread, but I guess it will do okay here (I will respond to the info in the Upcoming Episode thread, though)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:42   Link #166
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

I was going to gripe about the episode a bit, but looks like most the griping has been more than covered. I couldn't agree more with you guys though. I felt like it should have been done much better. One thing I didn't notice brought up was that one scene transition where the first scene flew away and the next flew in to replace it. I felt like I was watching a high schooler's power point presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Throwing the new rasengan doesn't sound particularly useful, ninjas like dodge stuff in their sleep. The splash damage better be amazing or something.
just wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
you have incredibly high standards if you believed it was "terrible"
Our standard is the manga, and it didn't measure up to the impact the chapters represented here had. I think the problem is though that there are nearly two dozen incredible chapters in a thirty chapter span and not enough excellent animation teams to go around. They have to choose the very best chapters for the best teams, and it seems in the anime staff's minds those chapters are still yet to come.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 15:09   Link #167
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I was disappointed with the sound effect from the rasen shuriken. It was so much cooler when he first did it against what's his name way back when.
Old 2010-06-08, 05:38   Link #168
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Finally some (really) good news on the animation front:
- the animation director for episode 166 will be Hirofumi Suzuki. He did episodes 82 (Asuma's funeral), 85 (team 10 vs H&K) and 123 (Sasuke vs Deidara) of Shippuuden, basically most of the Shippuuden "special" episodes.
- the animation director for episode 167 will be Atsushi Wakabayashi. He has only worked on the original series before and did episode 30 (Sasuke vs Orochimaru), 71 (third hokage vs Orochimaru) and 133 (Naruto vs Sasuke at the VotE), basically most of the part 1 "special" episodes.
Wow, nice. Didn't know Atsushi would animate another Naruto episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
If you wanna nag about something worthy, lets nag about the music-director for the entirety of this show...He//She needs to know Pain...This is where you have a brand new action track...Lets put our negative energy in that, the animation was legit...
Shippudden has a great score but you can't beat part 1's "rising the fighting spirit" and "strong and strike", it does lack a bit in pure adrenaline pumping action tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Well, I'm a manga reader, and I still don't really have any preconceptions myself, I only just have anticipations...I don't look forward to the next anime episode and go "Well, I expect it to look like this and that", instead the only thing I have on my mind is "Oh, sweet, they're covering this chapter"...And even then, I don't remember everything that happened in the manga, since the corresponding chapters were released over a year before the episode makes it's debut, so not only am I sometimes caught off guard over something I forgot, I'm also indifferent to the little filler parts the anime team puts inbetween the lines to make the manga panels a whole because I don't know what they are...
I feel similarly; after having taken a break from Shippudden, monir recommended I start from episode 120 again, since there was some beautiful animation to be seen and the story had started to pick up again.

Naruto is actually my favouite anime, it suffers from time to time like any good shounen, but when you watch it in bulk you realise how well it's put together. I find Bleach (HM arc, onwards) horrendous in comparison.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-08, 13:29   Link #169
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yay. It's been a while since I've actually been excited about upcoming Naruto episodes. It's been the better part of 2 months since I was actually looking forward to it.

Nice fight animation. Frog Fu FTW.