Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-11-06, 14:37   Link #121
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
they didn't go toe-to-toe, they crossed blades once

also, I'm guessing WB automatically became the Strongest after Roger's death (and why was Roger the strongest if WB could match him in battle?), but that was 20+ years ago, he didn't have his illness then

Shanks is ONE of the strongest atm
He still should at least be claimed as one serouly I mean Boa is claimed and WB was claimed so
Shanks should be claimed because White beard is dead and he was able to cross swords wit him despite the battle was never finished plus by my research I have found Shanks was closest to WB in strength anyway
Old 2010-11-06, 18:00   Link #122
Kallen4life

hehe, research

pretty sure Kaidou and Big Mom could cross swords (bisento & sword) with WB too, doesn't mean they'd win a battle .. or even that he'd be able to defeat/kill them .. probably they'd suffer more damage, but would be able to retreat or something
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 15:11   Link #123
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
He still should at least be claimed as one serouly I mean Boa is claimed and WB was claimed so
Shanks should be claimed because White beard is dead and he was able to cross swords wit him despite the battle was never finished plus by my research I have found Shanks was closest to WB in strength anyway

That was never really a battle. Lets not kid ourselves here. Whitebeard woulda won and it wouldn't have even been a close contest.

Talks broke down...they crossed swords....it was never really a battle to begin with.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 15:38   Link #124
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
it wouldn't have even been a close contest.
Dunno about that, although I do agree that WB probably would have won.
Old 2010-11-07, 18:13   Link #125
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
it wouldn't have even been a close contest.
Can't exactly agree, but sure yea WB would have won
Quote:
pretty sure Kaidou and Big Mom could cross swords (bisento & sword) with WB too, doesn't mean they'd win a battle ..
Yea but if anybody could cross sword with WB and it be that much of a clash like when Shanks and White beard clashed that would just make White beard look weak
Old 2010-11-08, 03:56   Link #126
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Shanks made Kaidou turn back. So Shanks at least have some upperhand on him.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 08:53   Link #127
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Yea but if anybody could cross sword with WB and it be that much of a clash like when Shanks and White beard clashed that would just make White beard look weak
It's not just anybody we're talking about. Kaido and Big Mom are 2 of 4 emperors that stand at the very top in this pirate age. Them clashing weapons with Whitebeard doesn't make him look weak in the slightest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Shanks made Kaidou turn back. So Shanks at least have some upperhand on him.
We have absolutely no information on what went down in their altercation. That being said, there's no evidence Shanks is superior to Kaido.

Guys, let's just wait and see what all the emperors can do before making any evaluations.
Old 2010-11-08, 10:48   Link #128
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's not just anybody we're talking about. Kaido and Big Mom are 2 of 4 emperors that stand at the very top in this pirate age. Them clashing weapons with Whitebeard doesn't make him look weak in the slightest.
But he is the strongest guy in the world and don't mean just clashing sword with Kaido amd Big Mom I mean when the clash sword that seem that on par like when Shanks and WB clashed. Were the sky was even divided the only thing stopping that if Big mom and Kaido could do the same thing, but sadly will never know. But conclusions can be made since when Kaido saw Shanks he retreated
Old 2010-11-08, 12:14   Link #129
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
But conclusions can be made since when Kaido saw Shanks he retreated
We don't know this. Maybe Shanks managed to come to a negotiation with Kaido (he doesn't like to instigate fights, after all), which prompted the latter to make his leave. It's all speculation at this point since we have no details as to what happened in their encounter.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:27   Link #130
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
We don't know this. Maybe Shanks managed to come to a negotiation with Kaido (he doesn't like to instigate fights, after all), which prompted the latter to make his leave. It's all speculation at this point since we have no details as to what happened in their encounter.
As I said conclusions and predictions can be made based on it I never said they'd be correct
Old 2010-11-08, 13:26   Link #131
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
As I said conclusions and predictions can be made based on it I never said they'd be correct
Your 'conclusion' is therefore...inconclusive.
Old 2010-11-08, 13:38   Link #132
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Your 'conclusion' is therefore...inconclusive.
Well we don't know that yet sir we have to see what will happen

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-11-08 at 14:33.
secretzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 14:16   Link #133
Kallen4life

just stop please
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-11-09, 14:59   Link #134
marvelB

So.... no talk about the various NW pirate captains that we've seen in the Marineford arc? If you check out the SBS thread, you can see that sketches of all of them were posted there and we've even got their names (though not quite accurately translated, I admit). Anyway, the NW captains that always interested me most were "Bohemian Knight" Doma (dude that carries a monkey with him), and "Thunder Lord" Makugai (also translated as "McGuy", a dude with a banana-shaped chin that looks kinda like Waluigi). I'm also rather interested in a captain who looks like a walrus Zoan, whose name is apparently Ailwan/Aylwan. I wonder what these guys will be up to after the timeskip......?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:37   Link #135
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

My bet is that they will all have gone their separate ways. Those who were the NW capitanos but weren't technically apart of Whitebeard's crew will be doing their own thing. As for the commanders of the Whitebeards themselves and the crew mates... their leader has fallen and they are no longer the Whitebeard pirates. Odds are is that they are roaming around on their own (like Rayleigh perhaps), joined another cause (possibly helping the revolutionaries) or become hermits and gone into hiding in order to prevent capture (which kinda goes along with my number one possibility).

There is a very low possibility that they are all still in one crew acting as the whitebeard pirates. At most, they are in separate crews that act like divisions; They stay in touch and everything, but they won't be one solid group.

At the very most, there is the possibility that one of the commanders is a current Yonkou, but I think that is unlikely.
Old 2010-11-09, 19:35   Link #136
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... no talk about the various NW pirate captains that we've seen in the Marineford arc? If you check out the SBS thread, you can see that sketches of all of them were posted there and we've even got their names (though not quite accurately translated, I admit). Anyway, the NW captains that always interested me most were "Bohemian Knight" Doma (dude that carries a monkey with him), and "Thunder Lord" Makugai (also translated as "McGuy", a dude with a banana-shaped chin that looks kinda like Waluigi). I'm also rather interested in a captain who looks like a walrus Zoan, whose name is apparently Ailwan/Aylwan. I wonder what these guys will be up to after the timeskip......?
Seeing as how there are 43 of them, I'd imagine that Oda will only be able to shed some insight on a select few. Besides the ones you mentioned, the Decalvan Brothers and Squardo I'm eager to see more of.

Regarding WB's division commanders, it turns out that Jozu really did lose his arm. In the weekly shonen jump release, during the funeral for WB and Ace we see Jozu's arm bandaged up and still intact. But in the volume 60 release of this scene, Oda had his arm intentionally removed. Here are the comparison pics:

Spoiler for Jozu's lost arm:

That really sucks for Jozu. The loss of an arm is sure to handicap his brute strength.
Old 2010-11-12, 03:01   Link #137
Nightmareluffy123
Why so serious

I never understood that shanks didn't loose any power by loosing his arm ? I knew he must have train and must have great power in his other arm ..but is Oda saying that if he had both arms his strength would be equal as in one arm ?

2 arms = 1 arm same strength ?
Nightmareluffy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 05:20   Link #138
Kallen4life

iirc Shanks always wielded his sword one-handed .. and the other arm - well, it wasn't doing anything .. soo .. also that handle/hilt is rapier/saber-like - I'm not sure you even can hold that with 2 hands

or he's just that badass
We are Blackwatch
Old 2010-11-12, 15:24   Link #139
marvelB

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to see that Oda decided for Jozu to lose his arm, after all. I doubt that it will be too big of a handicap for him (his DF power alone makes him a force to be reckoned with, after all), but I agree that it still sucks that he ended up losing a limb at all. Oh well, maybe he'll get a prosthetic arm or replace it with a weapon or something (lol, I just reminded of that huge dude with the cannon-arm from Rurouni Kenshin when I was typing this ).....

As for the rest of the WB commanders, the one I'm most interested in seeing again is Vista. I kinda feel that as he's one of the veteran commanders (remember, we saw him in chapter 0 with Marco and Jozu), there might be some more history behind the character that Oda will reveal in due time. Of course, there's also the fact that we've seen so little action from him at Marineford, but that sort of goes without saying, methinks. And not to mention that Oda had hinted that there may be more to Marco's phoenix powers, as well......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 15:54   Link #140
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty interesting to see that Oda decided for Jozu to lose his arm, after all. I doubt that it will be too big of a handicap for him (
Its good that he did.

Personally, I find it strange how none of the WB division commanders and none of the Admirals and seemingly none of the NW captains and Vice Admirals were killed or permenantly injured in the war.