AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-10, 16:26   Link #3001
Who

Apparently from what I read on the Asian servers, Zerg are the dominant race? Not sure what they're doing that's different from the rest of the world, aside from having it implemented in their genes...

And BattleNet is going weird on me right now. Disconnected me three times.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:29   Link #3002
Xacual

Yeah I've seen multiple variations of that line used to talk about different games.

I'm just really hoping blizz fixes the popularity thing for custom games, it's pretty annoying. the NotD map is getting updated fast though, I've seen 3 versions in the last 2 days and its definitely getting better.

Does anyone remember the map from Wc3, it was something like Dark Forces? You had a farmer and you had to build up your farm with defenses and stuff while harvesting lumber and a family to train up into fighters and stuff because one of the other farmers was some kind of random monster (vampire, werewolf, demon, cultist, etc) I'm really hoping for a good version of that to be made for sc2 because I probably played it the most.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:35   Link #3003
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Apparently from what I read on the Asian servers, Zerg are the dominant race? Not sure what they're doing that's different from the rest of the world, aside from having it implemented in their genes...

And BattleNet is going weird on me right now. Disconnected me three times.
lol did you see the % of zerg users compared to other races?XD

It was like 14% of players in Korea were Zerg, and barely 20% in NA.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:35   Link #3004
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ugh, custom games are a huge clusterfuck. What was wrong with the old system where you just downloaded a map, and could host games?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 16:36   Link #3005
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
lol did you see the % of zerg users compared to other races?XD

It was like 14% of players in Korea were Zerg, and barely 20% in NA.
Apparently, I didn't.
I'm just going by what I read, lol. And yeah, I'll get back to you with that match. BattleNet hates me today.
Old 2010-08-10, 16:48   Link #3006
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

We also have to take in account map balance too, which is a huge factor. Know why Korean pros never play on Blizzard maps for sc1? Because they were terrible for balance. In these days, where macro is so strong, having difficult to defend nat expos tend to bias the game agianst Zerg and Protoss, though Zerg definitely suffers more.

A good post from someone who probably knows more than me.

The current map pool imo is a bit too gimicky with all those backdoors; LT seems good, but those cliffs are definitely terran favoring. I also noted a number of the maps having extremely narrow paths, making it very hard if not impossible to flank. It's quite obvious who that hurts more.

Also, the maps seem kinda small.

Edit: I mean it's not like I don't say to myself "This game is fucking retarded" when I play ZvT against mech, but let's just put things in perspective for a bit. BW balance took many years, just gotta be patient. Which is why I'm playing mostly random so I can get a slightly better view of things.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-08-10 at 16:59.
Old 2010-08-10, 17:15   Link #3007
triskelion
*Fansubber

I finally completed campaign on hard mode, thinking I was bad-ass; so I headed over to play some 1v1.

Thinking I'd dominate, I got destroyed, and I'm 6-8 in Silver. Funny story though, I went 0-5 in the placement matches and I thought I was definitely going bronze. No idea how I got thrown into silver though. I guess I'll take it and hopefully bring my ratio into the positives. :>
triskelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 18:07   Link #3008
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Beat the guy who at the time was number 1 in my gold league. He rushed me with tons of marines and overwhelmed my base before I set up any tanks (doh).

I was already in the process of building a secluded expansion on bot though... So I flew up my main to the corner where his marines couldn't attack so he'd have to buy air and flew down a factory to my expansion. I preceded to block off my expansion with a barracks and some supply depots and got some tanks up. Then I did an epic turtling that made the game last 50 minutes... The funny thing is he thought my expansion was my main the whole time so I then decided to toss down my main and rebuild my base and thne built 2 more expansions rofl. Before he knew it I had an army of like 15-20 thors and I had an epic battle against his literally capped out army of marines maruaders medicvics that I think were fully upgraded, but had stimpack on.

The guy was so mad at the end, but he did afk like 10 minutes i think.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/5...elnaga-caverns

If anyone is interested in the replay.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 18:33   Link #3009
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Beat the guy who at the time was number 1 in my gold league. He rushed me with tons of marines and overwhelmed my base before I set up any tanks (doh).

I was already in the process of building a secluded expansion on bot though... So I flew up my main to the corner where his marines couldn't attack so he'd have to buy air and flew down a factory to my expansion. I preceded to block off my expansion with a barracks and some supply depots and got some tanks up. Then I did an epic turtling that made the game last 50 minutes... The funny thing is he thought my expansion was my main the whole time so I then decided to toss down my main and rebuild my base and thne built 2 more expansions rofl. Before he knew it I had an army of like 15-20 thors and I had an epic battle against his literally capped out army of marines maruaders medicvics that I think were fully upgraded, but had stimpack on.

The guy was so mad at the end, but he did afk like 10 minutes i think.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/5...elnaga-caverns

If anyone is interested in the replay.
lol gold players r so cute. j/k

Anyhow, umm awesome build by mr #1, insisting on proxying after it's been foiled, building 4 rax yet no rines, not knowing what a siege tank is, and much BM and excuses to top it. (Obviously TvT is the most imbalanced matchup) I'm guessing all the wins come from disconnects?

Not that I'm the type to bag on one's skills too harshly, but one acts so BM, they deserve it. Besides, "noob" tends to be a hypocritical insult; after all 99%+ players are noobs compared to someone else, especially when we consider the possibly inhuman progamers that will play tihs game. So, it's only natural that noob gets flinged around as an insult by insecure players that most likely suck at Starcraft.

Oh yea, remember to get your orbital command center once the first rax finishes. It would have helped you get units faster to defend against his rush.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-08-10 at 18:52.
Old 2010-08-10, 18:51   Link #3010
Qikz

Wow at the Nydus usage there.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 21:41   Link #3011
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post

Wow at the Nydus usage there.
Nydus Network at its full capacity
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 22:53   Link #3012
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Remember, if you win, it's imbalance or luck, if they win it's because they were skilled. That is always true* God forbid anyone take responsibility for their losses.

*See Idra

Though I really wonder if one really thinks something is imbalanced, that why wouldn't they abuse it themselves?
Welcome to the world of sore losers. There used to be one Korean team in L4D2 who lost a match to my team of mixed SG-ians and Pinoy, and one of them started cursing at how Singapore is a third world country such and such (due to the tags beside our nicks, like <name>[SG]).

One of the players on my side told him to go back to North Korea and suck Kim Jong Il's *ahem*. That was probably the most humourous sore loser flaming I have ever seen.

Don't worry though. The simplest follow up would be "Lol. Sore loser". and proceed to beat the shit out of him in whatever gametime is left. After doing it many times you'll get used to it.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 23:11   Link #3013
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I don't mind shit talking in SC2... It's nothing compared to what goes down in dota on a daily basis. Good old days playing in DXD league of DOTA where everyone thought they were pro and would flame everyone else for sucking.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 23:20   Link #3014
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Yea, shit's funny. I just come to prey on the easy targets. Video game rage is the best.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-08-10, 23:27   Link #3015
Skane
Anime Snark

It helps that people are name-locked in SC-II. It's not like DotA where you can change your name every other game. It leads to greater accountability, and unless the person is particularly dim-witted, said person will realise that acting like a douchebag on a trackable account is... not the smartest thing to do.

Cheers.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:00   Link #3016
Who

After getting campaign achievement after achievement... I can safely say I have no idea how to play multiplayer anymore. It's going to take a long time to get back to macro basics.
Old 2010-08-11, 00:05   Link #3017
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It's those childlish tantrum that makes me want to make a joke account with an alias like "PaedoBastard" just to provoke a reaction when the other side is on a losing streak, as spoken earlier on this thread

Speaking of which, does anyone even want to play with an account with a nick like that ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 00:11   Link #3018
Xacual

Yeah I've seen a lot of people complain on SC2 so far about not being able to have multiple names. It makes me laugh because its usually because they chose something dumb or used their RL names :x

No idea, I just used one of my normal video game character names.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 00:13   Link #3019
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yeah I've seen a lot of people complain on SC2 so far about not being able to have multiple names. It makes me laugh because its usually because they chose something dumb or used their RL names :x

No idea, I just used one of my normal video game character names.
I dont see exactly why people would first put stupid names, or even put their Real Life names in the game which is just a really silly thing to do.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 00:14   Link #3020
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
After getting campaign achievement after achievement... I can safely say I have no idea how to play multiplayer anymore. It's going to take a long time to get back to macro basics.
Practice, practice, and more practice. Watch replays and see what better opponents do, and learn/adapt from their build order. Etc...

The main difference between AI and multiplayer is human creativity.

Cheers.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows