Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-21, 13:27   Link #10381
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
It's not pointless at all. It creates the dilemma of whether or not to geass Nunnally, and as such feeds perfectly into Lelouch coming full circle.
If Lelouch changes his plans just because she opened her eyes, then it is pointless. If he follows through, then it isn't because it will further emphasize the fact that he has grown and changed.... But if he chickens out because of it.... pointless.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:28   Link #10382
Nakorius

i think that Suzaku is using Lulu to escalate this war and to destroy Britania.. and after that its Zero Requiem.. the world mourns for Zero.. Lulu dies.. so does geass.. C.C gives her code to arthur and lives till a brick kills her.. : P and the geewhis answer is so negative.. go to a shrink man..its a cartoon: P
Old 2008-09-21, 13:33   Link #10383
killbethy

Did anyone bring up what the deal is with Sayoko, Lloyd, and Cecil and Tian-zi bursting out saying that they had saved them and Kaguya backing up the claim? It kind of makes me wonder what Lelouch's plan is there. (since I honestly don't think they were "threatened")... And they completely left what happened to Nina in the dark since she wasn't there during that scene.

Also strange... why did Lelouch command Schneizel to serve ZERO and not Lelouch vi Britannia/Emperor Lelouch/etc.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:35   Link #10384
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
And it further implies that people might be able to overcome Geass through their own will
I'm going to bite on this, since I think this is going to be the whole point to the final episode.

Everything in the spoilers, Kallen's line and song lyrics point to her defeating Suzaku in order to speak to Lelouch and then saying goodbye to Lelouch in some sense forever (most likely through his disappearance; I'm highly doubtful that he dies).

The reason this makes sense from what we've just seen of Nunally overcoming it, so possibly Kallen may be able to beat Suzaku's live command which is hinted at by the whole "goodbye Suzaku/Lelouch" spoilers...

Also, everything pointed to Lelouch needing to remove Nunally which was the Nunally that he and Suzaku presumed was almost totally manipulated by Schneizel. However, the current Nunally is acting of her own will since she did overcome the geass. She's not merely a piece in the Schneizel vs. Lelouch game anymore.

The biggest question mark then is what will happen this time versus the last time on the battleship when he was Zero. The first time Lelouch came to speak to Nunally under the fake pretense, he didn't want to twist her will. Is he still going to feel the same way now that there are no more pretenses, and she clearly sees him and speaks of her own will?

Also, her whole ploy here is exactly the same as when Schneizel was willing to surrender victory to Zero, and he was unwilling to take it. She's offering him the checkmate by allowing him to geass her and bend her will, just as Schneizel offered Zero the king.

If this Lelouch is clearly different from the Zero that faced Schneizel and Nunally in those previous situations, then he should be willing to bend Nunally's will just as he bent Schneizel's will. But of course, it's Nunally, so how does he save her and not bend her will to his own at the same time. Quite the conundrum if he's trying to cast himself as the Lelouch of the future and not the Lelouch of the present or the Zero of the past. Maybe he realizes that Nunally is the future for humanity in that she can overcome her past without needing Geass.

One final thing, somehow Lelouch and Nunally have to escape Damocles in order to survive (if he really does get to see C.C. again). This means that if Kallen defeats Suzaku, then she would have to save both Nunally and Lelouch, yet it seems like her line suggests that she leaves Lelouch after saying it.

However, if it is a draw somehow, then Suzaku can save Lelouch and Kallen can save Nunally. Perhaps, during the battle Damocles starts falling apart or something, who knows. Either way, I think everything points to Kallen confronting Lelouch after the battle with Suzaku which is troublesome for Suzaku especially with his whole sayonara bit.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:37   Link #10385
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
If Lulu changes his plans for Nunally again i'll orz so bad, srsly. I'm tired of it. Like he said if Nunally stands in the way of ZR then she has to get out of the window or something.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:40   Link #10386
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Next episode, Clovis is back.

If everyone is being revived, why not him?
Old 2008-09-21, 13:41   Link #10387
Shippo
Foxfire Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
Next episode, Clovis is back.

If everyone is being revived, why not him?
Who gets shot in the head and lives?
Old 2008-09-21, 13:41   Link #10388
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
Why in the preview they give no spoilers... let me guess.. they want to surprise us...

What happens to nunnaly?

What happens to schneizel?

Loyd? Cecil, sayoko?

Suzaku?

Kallen?

Anya?

Kannon?

Diethard died... that fool!

BTW nunnaly is so going get geassed...
Old 2008-09-21, 13:43   Link #10389
killbethy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I'm going to bite on this, since I think this is going to be the whole point to the final episode.

Everything in the spoilers, Kallen's line and song lyrics point to her defeating Suzaku in order to speak to Lelouch and then saying goodbye to Lelouch in some sense forever (most likely through his disappearance; I'm highly doubtful that he dies).

The reason this makes sense from what we've just seen of Nunally overcoming it, so possibly Kallen may be able to beat Suzaku's live command which is hinted at by the whole "goodbye Suzaku/Lelouch" spoilers...

Also, everything pointed to Lelouch needing to remove Nunally which was the Nunally that he and Suzaku presumed was almost totally manipulated by Schneizel. However, the current Nunally is acting of her own will since she did overcome the geass. She's not merely a piece in the Schneizel vs. Lelouch game anymore.

The biggest question mark then is what will happen this time versus the last time on the battleship when he was Zero. The first time Lelouch came to speak to Nunally under the fake pretense, he didn't want to twist her will. Is he still going to feel the same way now that there are no more pretenses, and she clearly sees him and speaks of her own will?

Also, her whole ploy here is exactly the same as when Schneizel was willing to surrender victory to Zero, and he was unwilling to take it. She's offering him the checkmate by allowing him to geass her and bend her will, just as Schneizel offered Zero the king.

If this Lelouch is clearly different from the Zero that faced Schneizel and Nunally in those previous situations, then he should be willing to bend Nunally's will just as he bent Schneizel's will. But of course, it's Nunally, so how does he save her and not bend her will to his own at the same time. Quite the conundrum if he's trying to cast himself as the Lelouch of the future and not the Lelouch of the present or the Zero of the past. Maybe he realizes that Nunally is the future for humanity in that she can overcome her past without needing Geass.

One final thing, somehow Lelouch and Nunally have to escape Damocles in order to survive (if he really does get to see C.C. again). This means that if Kallen defeats Suzaku, then she would have to save both Nunally and Lelouch, yet it seems like her line suggests that she leaves Lelouch after saying it.

However, if it is a draw somehow, then Suzaku can save Lelouch and Kallen can save Nunally. Perhaps, during the battle Damocles starts falling apart or something, who knows. Either way, I think everything points to Kallen confronting Lelouch after the battle with Suzaku which is troublesome for Suzaku especially with his whole sayonara bit.

Nice anaylsis. This goes against everything I thought before, but after seeing this episode... I'm not entirely sure that Zero is only in the past. Notice that Lelouch commands Schneizel to "serve Zero" and not Lelouch, etc. I'm starting to wonder if the Zero Requiem called for Lelouch to become Zero again OR find someone who is more fit to be Zero... because he also makes note of the fact that only a few people know that he is Zero and/or has Geass during his meeting with the UFN.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:44   Link #10390
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shippo View Post
Well, C.C, and V.V for that matter, but they have plot hax immortality, and Clovis doesn't
Old 2008-09-21, 13:44   Link #10391
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
Did anyone bring up what the deal is with Sayoko, Lloyd, and Cecil and Tian-zi bursting out saying that they had saved them and Kaguya backing up the claim? It kind of makes me wonder what Lelouch's plan is there. (since I honestly don't think they were "threatened")... And they completely left what happened to Nina in the dark since she wasn't there during that scene.

Also strange... why did Lelouch command Schneizel to serve ZERO and not Lelouch vi Britannia/Emperor Lelouch/etc.
Symbolism I'd guess. Schneizel was battling him as Zero, not really as Lelouch. Diethard referred to him as Zero during that entire scene. As you point out, only a few people know of him as Zero, yet all of those people treat him as a traitorous Zero to the Order, not Lelouch (only Kallen, CC, Suzaku really treat him as Lelouch). The Zero Requiem is directed at all of humanity but the part about him being Zero has an added meaning to the few. This is the same thing as Suzaku being named the Knight of Zero.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:47   Link #10392
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Guilford was vaporized with Nunnally.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:49   Link #10393
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

Quote:
Being in the blast radius of a nuke is not something tha a whole lot of people can survive either.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:49   Link #10394
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
Guilford was vaporized with Nunnally.
Decoy ship for Nunnally, you'd pick up on these facts if you paid attention. As for Guilford, well, with the amount of people surviving from ejection seats this episode I think anythings possible now, especially when he was right on the edge of the blast radius. At least he didn't get away unscathed
Old 2008-09-21, 13:51   Link #10395
Shippo
Foxfire Magic

Quote:
Being in the blast radius of a nuke is not something tha a whole lot of people can survive either.
You asked clovis.................well he wasn't nuked
Old 2008-09-21, 13:51   Link #10396
El_Negro
Smurfee

Quote:

It's all a part of the plan
Old 2008-09-21, 13:52   Link #10397
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Guilford disagrees.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:52   Link #10398
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Decoy ship for Nunnally, you'd pick up on these facts if you paid attention. As for Guilford, well, with the amount of people surviving from ejection seats this episode I think anythings possible now, at least he didn't get away unscathed
I did pay attention. Her being alive is 100% bad writing. This is why this anime has turned into total shit because having an "ejection seat" automatically means you have plot armor. Utterly ridiculous the KMFs for the secondary/main characters don't blow up like the grunts do when taking a couple of hits.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:52   Link #10399
Lelouch71
Black Angel

Quote:
That would change nothing about the series. It would mean even though Lelouch went through so many things as the Zero (fighting for Nunnally), the Zero (fighting for the dreams of the people), the man behind the mask, and Emperor... he winds up STILL being someone that simply fakes his death to escape (like he did with Nunnally in the beginning?). That would be a terrible ending with ZERO character change.
This is just one of few possibilities for Lelouch if he does manage to live. He could very well lose his best friend, sister, and partner next episode and have nothing. At this point it's either fake his death or be killed. The whole world hates him unless he either clear his name somehow or come back as Zero hence the term "Zero requiem."

Lelouch will get a satisfactory one way or another. If he does live then I don't see many possibilities of him getting a decent ending unless he fakes his death or clear his name in some way. This pretty much leaves death for Lelouch if neither are going to happen. Personally I hope he lives, but at this point it's 50/50 for Lelouch next episode.
Old 2008-09-21, 13:55   Link #10400
leechbox
Kallen & Zero are my hero

Send a message via MSN to leechbox
I agree to all the people who say this: (THE NUNNALY SCENE)

IF LULU CHANGES HIS PLAN FOR ZR, ILL GO INSANE.. (THAT LAST PART IS JUST ME)
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers