AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-19, 18:58   Link #81
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm curious, how powerful do people here think Doflamingo is?
Highly doubt he is anywhere near a Yonkou but he's obviously no slouch and will be a very dangerous adversary. If I were to compare him, maybe at about Marco's level?

I think the most dangerous part of Donfla is that his ability is still unknown. We've seen it in use more than a few times already but the usage has been varied. However the most popular theory is simply a string ability (which would explain why he can control people like marionettes but also easily cut something huge like Orz Jr's leg). Once his ability is better explained he should be slightly easier to deal with.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:00   Link #82
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I'm curious, how powerful do people here think Doflamingo is?
Well his bounty is quite high before he was a Warlord. I remember those who earned the bounty of 300 million or above are considered High Tier Powerful characters. Also, he is a leader of the Underworld. He also has multiple strong subordinates like Vergo who is a Vice Admiral. I am taking a guess near or at Admiral Level.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:03   Link #83
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Around Akainu's strength? Or just Kizaru's?

Wait, is Kizaru even weaker than Akainu? I mean, he beat Aokiji, but... Blegh I can't measure those admirals against eachother at all.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:09   Link #84
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

Wait, is Kizaru even weaker than Akainu? I mean, he beat Aokiji, but... Blegh I can't measure those admirals against eachother at all.
Well to Aokiji defense, his Logia was Ice while Akainu was Magma. A clear disadvantage, but Aokiji manage to fight against Akainu for 10 days despite that. I say the Admirals are roughly equal, to give the advantage to the other would be small.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:12   Link #85
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well his bounty is quite high before he was a Warlord. I remember those who earned the bounty of 300 million or above are considered High Tier Powerful characters. Also, he is a leader of the Underworld. He also has multiple strong subordinates like Vergo who is a Vice Admiral. I am taking a guess near or at Admiral Level.
His bounty, connections and the likes don't really have anything to do with how strong he really is in a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post

I dunno...Akainu is right up there with Yonkou in term of power and currently should be one of the top 5 strongest characters in the series. So having Dofla that high already is a bit...meh...

But that's a good question...we know that Kizaru didn't run for the Fleet Admiral position because he was too lazy and the other two had quite the backing already but with his devil fruit he should be quite on par with Akainu.

Honestly I want to see Enel back...wrecking havoc in the NW with new knowledge on Haki (other than Mantra...though his Mantra is already one of the best in the series) I miss the bastard and he had one of THE STRONGEST fruit abilities.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:14   Link #86
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I can see Clown being taken to Doflo's island which means Luffy and law will have to chase him there. As for his ability i wonder if there's a limit to how many people he can control which would mean there would be a lot of team work involved. Come to think of it if his ability is really puppet based then he and Law may be well matched in a fight.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:18   Link #87
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
His bounty, connections and the likes don't really have anything to do with how strong he really is in a fight.

I dunno...Akainu is right up there with Yonkou in term of power and currently should be one of the top 5 strongest characters in the series. So having Dofla that high already is a bit...meh...

But that's a good question...we know that Kizaru didn't run for the Fleet Admiral position because he was too lazy and the other two had quite the backing already but with his devil fruit he should be quite on par with Akainu.

Honestly I want to see Enel back...wrecking havoc in the NW with new knowledge on Haki (other than Mantra...though his Mantra is already one of the best in the series) I miss the bastard and he had one of THE STRONGEST fruit abilities.
True, but it does show some amount of strength if a being is able to have strong subordinates like that.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:27   Link #88
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well to Aokiji defense, his Logia was Ice while Akainu was Magma. A clear disadvantage, but Aokiji manage to fight against Akainu for 10 days despite that. I say the Admirals are roughly equal, to give the advantage to the other would be small.
That's incorrect. Jimbei stated that their DF abilities were evenly matched. Not only that, but film Z also shows Aokiji freezing magma. There was no DF disadvantage. Akainu won fair and square.

Quote:
Or maybe Kizaru didn't run for Fleet Admiral because he wasn't the best suited for the position. Kizaru doesn't strike me as being the best leader. However, he's extremely proficient at covert operations and apprehending criminals, which is why he makes such a good admiral. Perhaps this is why he didn't get much support for being promoted. Just my two cents.

-----

In all honesty, Doflamingo has mostly been riding the hype train. None of his feats suggest he's a top tier fighter. And with the way the story is progressing and the more we learn about him, I feel he isn't going to be as strong as some may think.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:31   Link #89
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Magma might melt ice.

Ice also cools magma.

There... really is no advantage here. It's all up to which is proportionately more bountiful.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:51   Link #90
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still hoping for that logia-user Strawhat crew member and Monet would dominate that spot.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:54   Link #91
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Or maybe Kizaru didn't run for Fleet Admiral because he wasn't the best suited for the position. Kizaru doesn't strike me as being the best leader. However, he's extremely proficient at covert operations and apprehending criminals, which is why he makes such a good admiral. Perhaps this is why he didn't get much support for being promoted. Just my two cents.

-----

In all honesty, Doflamingo has mostly been riding the hype train. None of his feats suggest he's a top tier fighter. And with the way the story is progressing and the more we learn about him, I feel he isn't going to be as strong as some may think.
Totally agree, Kizaru would never make a good Fleet Admiral with his attitude...but I doubt he even bothered trying to go for it.

And a weak Donfla? Well it would be a funny twist xD

Monet is so out of the "running" for new nakama it's not even funny.
Old 2012-12-19, 19:55   Link #92
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Still hoping for that logia-user Strawhat crew member and Monet would dominate that spot.
I think majority of us would love a Logia user in the Straw Hats. I really hope that the Straw Hats would have at least one of each type of Devil Fruit, including the 3 types of Zoan.
Old 2012-12-19, 20:35   Link #93
james0246

I only want a Logia on the crew if it is a silly power. Something like snot or jello or legos or something equally silly.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:06   Link #94
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I only want a Logia on the crew if it is a silly power. Something like snot or jello or legos or something equally silly.
Speaking of logia users, logically the next one should be wind right? Kaze Kaze or Soyo soyo no mi...lots of potential there.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:13   Link #95
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Speaking of logia users, logically the next one should be wind right? Kaze Kaze or Soyo soyo no mi...lots of potential there.
Wait...why would the next one logically be the Wind logia? I don't doubt it'll show up eventually (biggest theory is that it belongs to Dragon or something) but why will it be the next?

There's so many fun possibilities for Logia (though Paramecia have the most interesting abilities at times), so far the oddest one we've had (canon) was the Swamp Swamp...cause till then it's been pretty generic.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:20   Link #96
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Didn't we already have a wind user in that filler arc after logue town? Though he was paramecia i think.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:23   Link #97
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Didn't we already have a wind user in that filler arc after logue town? Though he was paramecia i think.
The Kama Kama no Mi was a paramecia and it only allowed the user to create blades of wind from his claws (Kinda like Rankyaku actually). Plus...filler...
Old 2012-12-19, 21:43   Link #98
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There are a lot elements out there for a Logia. In theory since Jimbei is more or less part of the crew and said he will join the Straw Hats when he is finished with business, shouldn't there be a Logia user to team up with him. Jimbei is not as strong when he is on land, him teaming up with a Logia user who is water would be nice.

Well I am just looking at the balance of the Straw Hat strength. Of course I would welcome any Logia user other than something very silly like an element of honey or syrup.
Old 2012-12-19, 21:54   Link #99
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Water Logia...in theory wouldn't that be impossible? I mean water is a devil fruit user's weakness...but he would also be water...IT'S LIKE DIVIDING BY ZERO!
Old 2012-12-19, 21:58   Link #100
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Water Logia...in theory wouldn't that be impossible? I mean water is a devil fruit user's weakness...but he would also be water...IT'S LIKE DIVIDING BY ZERO!
Well I did say in theory, but a Devil Fruit power of water would be different from regular water so maybe there isn't a weakness. Still the idea of a water logia to balance out Jimbei's weakness would work perfectly. There has to be an exception to rules right? If not water, then which Logia ability do every else think would be perfect for the Straw Hats? Water came to my mind when I thinking about Jimbei's weakness.
Closed Thread