AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 09:32   Link #821
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChorpSaway View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/?cd7kc7192es84vu
The file is there, bloppyblue. It's not pretty, but it's the best one can do with solo guitar. I think all the fingerings are optimal, but it's still gonna take some time to learn. But by some I mean a lot.
Difficulty aside, it really is a pretty song. And I will take the time to learn it too.
Good thing my college doesn't start for two more weeks!

Edit: Found small error on fingering near the end. Fixed now though.
Dude that's like impossible xD AWESOME!
Thanks!
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 09:45   Link #822
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Since a lot of people are doing youtube covers here and talking about amps, I thought I might mention that what I use for my own videos is a Line 6 POD Studio rather than my actual amp, though I could use the XLR jack on my amp to record directly with it, and monitor with the amp, I'm often recording at odd hours and there's no need to wake the neighbors.
Kragma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:33   Link #823
ChorpSaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloppyblue View Post
Dude that's like impossible xD AWESOME!
Thanks!
No problem. And good luck.

And if there any other OST songs that you wants tabbed out, solo guitar or otherwise, I'm currently drowning in free time. So send them my way.
This request goes out to anyone else on this thread as well.
ChorpSaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 22:05   Link #824
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Can someone give me pointers on how to tab out drum scores? I'm trying to tab out Dear My Keys and I have no idea on how to tab it out.
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 23:02   Link #825
ChorpSaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
Can someone give me pointers on how to tab out drum scores? I'm trying to tab out Dear My Keys and I have no idea on how to tab it out.
Are you using any sort of software, or are you tabbing by hand?
Old 2010-09-04, 23:17   Link #826
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChorpSaway View Post
Are you using any sort of software, or are you tabbing by hand?
Oh, i completely forgot to say the program. Anyways im using Tuxguitar
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 23:33   Link #827
ChorpSaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
Oh, i completely forgot to say the program. Anyways im using Tuxguitar
It's not really supported in TuxGuitar, but if you go to your percussion track in the Instruments section, then go to View>Show Matrix, it should show you all of the various drum sounds available, and you can click on one to add it to the part. Janky, hidden, and sort of time-consuming, but it's there.

I hope this answers your question. Or works. Either of the two.
Old 2010-09-05, 02:53   Link #828
chubi23

anyone has the scans of dear my keys' score? thanks!
chubi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 05:16   Link #829
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubi23 View Post

would anyone care to tab em out in guitar pro??? i could wait....

and thanks to everyone!!!!! i literally did a shopping spree of downloadable guitar pro tabs in this thread. those really helped. thanks all!!!

say, is there a difference between drop D tuning and half step down? my friend insists that drop d tuning is one fret down and half step down is half fret dow. i think they are just the same? so who do you think is right. sorry, now very good at technical stuff. i just pick up the guitar and strum it really hard....
Old 2010-09-06, 05:37   Link #830
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post

and thanks to everyone!!!!! i literally did a shopping spree of downloadable guitar pro tabs in this thread. those really helped. thanks all!!!

say, is there a difference between drop D tuning and half step down? my friend insists that drop d tuning is one fret down and half step down is half fret dow. i think they are just the same? so who do you think is right. sorry, now very good at technical stuff. i just pick up the guitar and strum it really hard....
well as far as i know drop d is one fret down making the notes DADGBE. Half step down is a tuning where it goes one semitone down e.g. if it was standard tuning EADGBE a half step would make it Eb/D# Ab/G# Db/C# Gb/F# Bb/A# and eb/D#.... i think... lol hope this helps =)
Old 2010-09-06, 06:56   Link #831
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
The full version of U&I has been leaked early. Anyways, looks like it's back to work. BTW, The solo is fun to play!
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 07:47   Link #832
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnightKanos View Post
The full version of U&I has been leaked early. Anyways, looks like it's back to work. BTW, The solo is fun to play!
Apparently its 3 days early lol.... I'm planning to do a piano and guitar cover when i get mid solo bit correct (piano around 3:10) =)
Old 2010-09-06, 08:10   Link #833
deng17
Sylpheed

Send a message via Yahoo to deng17
Damn I just heard the full version...what can I say...its awesome XD

I listened to the song 3 times to get the guitar tracks right and learn the notes for the vocals. I'll start by getting the key of the song tomorrow. If anyone knows it already, please share XD

I like how the solo was made. How do you call that, harmony? Sounds like a duet.

@BlackKnight
You can play it already lol? I hope my guess is right but does it have the same key as My Love is a Stapler? I'm not basing my assumption through the notes..it's just K-ON! uses some kind of key note pattern XD (Mio's ED songs are of the same key)

I still have to get the lead notes (dominantly right speaker) ><

Upload your cover ^^
deng17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 08:27   Link #834
MagnaDrake
iAmAwesome

Like usual, the song has some kind of instrumental without [insertinstrumenthere] which really helps us tab (but still, I dont know how to OTL). And if you listen closely the lead guitar has some catchy fill in.
MagnaDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:16   Link #835
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubi23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
The only problem is how I actually don't want whatever I scan to be released publicly. I'd rather just send people the scanned songs directly to tab to guitarpro or something.
I'm not going to release the scans publicly until after the song is completed in guitar pro. I don't want a few people to be working on it and then someone with more time/know-how finishes before them. It takes quite a bit to tab all of this out.

That being said, I can give you scans to the completed songs if you want to check something out.

Coolly Hotty Tension Hi!!
Jajauma Way To Go

.... And it'd be nice if people who are still willing to tab these out would like to request songs so I can know in advance. I'm getting really busy with full-time work and school now. ._.;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 10:33   Link #836
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by deng17 View Post
Damn I just heard the full version...what can I say...its awesome XD

I listened to the song 3 times to get the guitar tracks right and learn the notes for the vocals. I'll start by getting the key of the song tomorrow. If anyone knows it already, please share XD

I like how the solo was made. How do you call that, harmony? Sounds like a duet.

@BlackKnight
You can play it already lol? I hope my guess is right but does it have the same key as My Love is a Stapler? I'm not basing my assumption through the notes..it's just K-ON! uses some kind of key note pattern XD (Mio's ED songs are of the same key)

I still have to get the lead notes (dominantly right speaker) ><

Upload your cover ^^
Ah, close to My Love is a Stapler. Yea, K-On! songs do have a pattern. Cover? My camera sucks. The quality doesn't turn out as awesome like other right there. Click my youtube account and scroll through my uploads. I have a Fude Pen Boru Pen cover. It kinda sucked 'cause I haven't changed my strings for a while during that play.
BlackKnightKanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 11:18   Link #837
Kragma

Send a message via ICQ to Kragma Send a message via AIM to Kragma
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirasawakevin9272 View Post
well as far as i know drop d is one fret down making the notes DADGBE. Half step down is a tuning where it goes one semitone down e.g. if it was standard tuning EADGBE a half step would make it Eb/D# Ab/G# Db/C# Gb/F# Bb/A# and eb/D#.... i think... lol hope this helps =)
It's actually two frets, or one full step. Half-step down is one fret. Also don't confuse drop D and D-tuning. Drop D is standard tuning except for the E string which is dropped to D, D-tuning is one step (two frets) on all strings, so the tuning is D-G-C-F-A-D. To expand on this further, there's also drop-C tuning which is D-tuning with the E string dropped from D to C for C-G-C-F-A-D, and C tuning goes a further step and applies to all strings with a tuning of C-F-A#-D#-G#-C-F (two steps, four frets). There's no "half fret" tunings I'm aware of, except with bands that might use fretless instruments and bizarre musical systems that include 16, 24, 32 or even 144 semitones per octave. In which case, the usual notations don't even apply.

There's tons of others, but those are the ones I've seen most often. With weirder tunings, intonation can become a problem.

Drop-D is pretty common, part of the bass line in fuwa fuwa time is (annoyingly) in drop-D. The others are often found in heavy metal of various types. Some bands use multiple tunings while others might use the same tuning for all songs.

I'm kind of curious if anyone has the songbook and could tell me what the tuning is on the death devil songs. I'd actually like to see tabs for those at some point but I'll probably end up buying the books eventually.
Old 2010-09-06, 11:42   Link #838
bloppyblue
SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloonnee2 View Post
Does anyone know the drums for the bridge of No Thank You?
From what I'm able to make out of drum covers, it looks like there's a bass, quaver pause, bass, 3 hits on high tom, 2 hits on a mid tom, followed by 1 hit on the low tom, and ending off bass as a semi-quaver just before the cymbal crash.

Is this correct, or are there mistakes in my "transcription"?
Check out this cover to double check. It seems pretty correct, and you can see what she's doing.
bloppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 12:33   Link #839
Bolt237

I'll be more than happy to help tab out parts, although school has started in earnest and I might not have spare time as much...

That said, I think if we're gonna tab something out, we should split the parts among ourselves (for example I can tab guitar parts best, and I could tab out others, but it would take a disproportionate amount of time and effort)
Bolt237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 21:34   Link #840
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragma View Post
It's actually two frets, or one full step. Half-step down is one fret. Also don't confuse drop D and D-tuning. Drop D is standard tuning except for the E string which is dropped to D, D-tuning is one step (two frets) on all strings, so the tuning is D-G-C-F-A-D. To expand on this further, there's also drop-C tuning which is D-tuning with the E string dropped from D to C for C-G-C-F-A-D, and C tuning goes a further step and applies to all strings with a tuning of C-F-A#-D#-G#-C-F (two steps, four frets). There's no "half fret" tunings I'm aware of, except with bands that might use fretless instruments and bizarre musical systems that include 16, 24, 32 or even 144 semitones per octave. In which case, the usual notations don't even apply.

There's tons of others, but those are the ones I've seen most often. With weirder tunings, intonation can become a problem.

Drop-D is pretty common, part of the bass line in fuwa fuwa time is (annoyingly) in drop-D. The others are often found in heavy metal of various types. Some bands use multiple tunings while others might use the same tuning for all songs.

I'm kind of curious if anyone has the songbook and could tell me what the tuning is on the death devil songs. I'd actually like to see tabs for those at some point but I'll probably end up buying the books eventually.
uhm............................. yeah...........................
takes a little time to sink in (steam comes out from top of the head with the sound of a whistling teakettle)

i think i get it. just need to understand the concept more. I'm not really good with the technical stuff. i'm the kind of guy that picks up the guitar and strum it really hard.

hey, i just heard the full version of U&I. I can't believe its out now. I'm afraid i can't practice the song, i just broke my 1st string when i was doing Sakuragaoka School song (damn that's hard).

I'm just gonna browse this tab for more downloadable guitar pro tabs, ok.

i'm willing to wait for someone who is willing to tab em. U&I and Dear my Keys

thanks.