AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 07:30   Link #21
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It's kind of a puzzling as to why this highly aniticipated game for the PSP failed to generate discussions even almost a month of it's release. Either nobody had been playing it or is there....some technical issues that prevent people from playing it. Anyway I've obtained my copy as you can plainly see :-

And just for the hell of it :-

The Kingdom Hearts title I have so far. I should go about obtaining the first title/Final Mix and 358/2 Days sometime in the future.

PS :- Recommend that people do the largest install for this game to make everything more tolerable.

PSS:- Aqua may be the hottest chick for this series yet, but chances of her appearing in a doujin is next to none as the rights of KH is owned by the accursed Disney and not by SEX. Those Japanese Amateur Fan Artist know better than to mess with the Mouse Company. I know, because I'm still waiting for my Kairi X Namine Yuri doujin after all these years.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-23, 14:02   Link #22
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It's kind of a puzzling as to why this highly aniticipated game for the PSP failed to generate discussions even almost a month of it's release. Either nobody had been playing it or is there....some technical issues that prevent people from playing it.
A technical thing, like not trying to obtain the JP version by importing or other methods. I've seen what I needed to see through the early live streams though.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 01:32   Link #23
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
A technical thing, like not trying to obtain the JP version by importing or other methods.
I believe you know what I'm really implying here. But let's just pretend that it's really the language and the cost that are the true barriers.

A few observation from a few hours of play now :-

1) Nice remix of the 8-year-old song Hikari/Simple and Clean at use here. And that gives it a updated feel.

2) They cut the tutorial to the game short, unlike the 2 console KHs. Good, keep it that way.

3) Title show close up of whatever character you are playing as. Nice touch tere.

4) SEX put Disney's first 3 Princesses (Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora) up as the first stages. I don't believe that it is a coincidence that those 3 set Disney up as an animation power house in the early days.

5) Loading is still slow for some parts even though I did the maximum installation....
Old 2010-01-24, 01:50   Link #24
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
I believe you know what I'm really implying here. But let's just pretend that it's really the language and the cost that are the true barriers.
There's nothing to discuss. If you're saying the game's not selling, it sold nearly 450k in the first week, and over 600k after the second.

Quote:
1) Nice remix of the 8-year-old song Hikari/Simple and Clean at use here. And that gives it a updated feel.
The first game opened with the same remix. It's recycled.

Quote:
4) SEX put Disney's first 3 Princesses (Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora) up as the first stages. I don't believe that it is a coincidence that those 3 set Disney up as an animation power house in the early days.
It's merely a throwback to the first title. They wanted to use the three princess stories that had yet to be covered as worlds. Simple as that.

Old 2010-01-24, 02:03   Link #25
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
There's nothing to discuss. If you're saying the game's not selling, it sold nearly 450k in the first week, and over 600k after the second.
No. I just want to know why arn't more people playing the game here. But like I said, I take it as language and cost of importing are the main factors. (In a way that's the truth, come to think of it.) And they would rather wait for the local english release.

Quote:
The first game opened with the same remix. It's recycled.
IIRC, the theme used in KH 1 was the original soul/pop mix. This time it was more of a techno remix.

Quote:
It's merely a throwback to the first title. They wanted to use the three princess stories that had yet to be covered as worlds. Simple as that.
But to use them as part of an origin/prequel scemnarior ? When the source materials was also part of Disney's rise to power ? I think they have it planned from the start.
Old 2010-01-24, 02:08   Link #26
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
No. I just want to know why arn't more people playing the game here. But like I said, I take it as language and cost of importing are the main factors. (In a way that's the truth, come to think of it.) And they would rather wait for the local english release.
It's not worth it. Not to me, not to most.

Quote:
IIRC, the theme used in KH 1 was the original soul/pop mix. This time it was more of a techno remix.
Refresh your memory.

Quote:
But to use them as part of an origin/prequel scemnarior ? When the source materials was also part of Disney's rise to power ? I think they have it planned from the start.
You should play the first game. It makes sense to have them included in the prequel.

And you're looking in far too deep for Disney's influence. If Disney had its way, the Princess lineup from the first game would not have included Alice.

Old 2010-01-24, 02:39   Link #27
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I think you're trying to imply that Kingdom Hearts isn't as popular as it once was?

Quote:
IIRC, the theme used in KH 1 was the original soul/pop mix.
That was the (epic) ending theme, not the opening.

Quote:
KH did have a sequel hook type ending, but it was more in the typical "the adventure never ends!" style. They have not been planning BBS or the revelations in it for nine years.

This should be obvious, considering all the retcons KH: FM and KH2 made to the original.

In any case, although it's rather fitting that the three unused princesses were also Disney's first three, I'd think they weren't in the original because their worlds would have been very boring, given the game's platformer nature...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 03:33   Link #28
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I think you're trying to imply that Kingdom Hearts isn't as popular as it once was?
No I think what he's trying to implied certain other way to play the game without buying it

I think it's possible that nomura had already planned all of this honestly the game just expand the universe I just love it!

PS: MakubeX2 how do you obtain the copy? through Play-asia? got any trouble with it since I managed to get it fast enough but my friend that preorder it long before almost choke me when I get it before him
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 05:29   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
There's nothing to discuss.
Pretty much, with no English version out yet I could care less.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 09:21   Link #30
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Oh ? For me, because they still can't patch it >_>; We can't play it at CFW at the moment. When it come out, I'll play it eventhough I can't understand Japanese that much. Heck, I even beat KH 2 when it's still Japanese

I don't know about whether Nomura had planned BBS beforehand, but remember, just by the fact that Xehanort lost his memories when he met Ansem, we can safely say that there's something going on before Ansem met Xehanort. Following this logic, it's possible that Nomura had actually planned the story beforehand. Though, whether or not it will be released as a game might still not be planned by him before he realized that the frachise was still producing money....

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 09:23   Link #31
Kazu
Flowing

Well I just spoiled myself and saw the ending and vanitas face ,i'm still getting the game any way .
but for any of you who finished it tell me this
Spoiler for vanitas/ventus:
Old 2010-01-24, 10:44   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Well I just spoiled myself and saw the ending and vanitas face ,i'm still getting the game any way .
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-24, 17:32   Link #33
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I don't know about whether Nomura had planned BBS beforehand, but remember, just by the fact that Xehanort lost his memories when he met Ansem, we can safely say that there's something going on before Ansem met Xehanort. Following this logic, it's possible that Nomura had actually planned the story beforehand. Though, whether or not it will be released as a game might still not be planned by him before he realized that the frachise was still producing money....
There was no Xehanort in the original KH. That character was called "Ansem" at the time. It was Final Mix and KH2 that retconned the identity of that character.

So although they've been planning the revelations in BBS since KH2, the original was probably never intended to have a sequel.
Old 2010-01-24, 17:55   Link #34
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Refresh your memory.
Forgive me then. It's been years since I last touch that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus_Z3 View Post
PS: MakubeX2 how do you obtain the copy? through Play-asia? got any trouble with it since I managed to get it fast enough but my friend that preorder it long before almost choke me when I get it before him
Got it from a Brick-And-Mortar retailer. It's pretty easy to do so if you live in the part of Asia where I'm at. And Play-Asia is very much reliable, but I'm not so sure about your pal's choice of postal services.

Quote:
Oh ? For me, because they still can't patch it >_>; We can't play it at CFW at the moment. When it come out, I'll play it eventhough I can't understand Japanese that much. Heck, I even beat KH 2 when it's still Japanese
......Not going to import it ? Your loss then.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:39   Link #35
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Nomura probably had a number of the ideas already in his head, but needed to see if the first game would be successful or not. So the first game was scripted as a stand-alone, which would then be retconned by the Final Mix release and the subsequent games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Spoiler for End of the game:
Quote:
Again, not worth it.

Old 2010-01-24, 19:53   Link #36
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
There's some...problem if I tried to change it to OFW 6.20 just to play it.

Quote:
So although they've been planning the revelations in BBS since KH2, the original was probably never intended to have a sequel.
What about the secret ending ?
I don't remember it quite clearly, but I think the secret ending was also exist in the original KH games (?)

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 21:47   Link #37
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
What about the secret ending ?
I don't remember it quite clearly, but I think the secret ending was also exist in the original KH games (?)
The first secret ending, Another Side Another Story, was more of a concept trailer than anything. The one in the Final Mix release, Deep Dive, retconned a lot of what was shown in the original one.

Old 2010-01-24, 22:31   Link #38
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I have a pretty good feeling the Kingdom Hearts plot has been thought out from the very beginning from the first game. I would understand if it didn't get sequals if it didn't catch on as a popular series. (Mostly because the Final Fantasy x Disney crossover was a very hit or miss move.) Sure some things have probably undergone changes as the series has progressed though. It usually happens that way.

I think it's too convenient that the secret movie in KH1 largely connects to the KH2 plot for it to be just a conceptual project. Even though the the actual scene in it wasn't shown until KH2 Final Mix and 358/2 Days.

Not to mention that the Xemnas optional boss was originally going to be in the English KH1 release before being removed. (Which can be proved because the cutscene before it was dubbed in English.)

Anywho, I'm waiting until the NA release of Birth By Sleep before I speculate at all about it. I'm assuming a mid-May to early-June release.
Old 2010-01-24, 22:52   Link #39
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I think it's too convenient that the secret movie in KH1 largely connects to the KH2 plot for it to be just a conceptual project. Even though the the actual scene in it wasn't shown until KH2 Final Mix and 358/2 Days.
Pretty sure that ASAS didn't exist in the original Japanese release. I always figured KH was sort of a project Square gave to Nomura to keep him out of trouble...
Old 2010-01-24, 23:14   Link #40
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Pretty sure that ASAS didn't exist in the original Japanese release. I always figured KH was sort of a project Square gave to Nomura to keep him out of trouble...
I don't know whether to say if you're right or not.

But what I do know is that Deep Dive is a secret movie for KH1 Final Mix, and if Another Side, Another Story wasn't featured in Final Mix as well alongside it, then ASAS was indeed in the original Japanese release.

I read that KH was a project derrived from a Square Enix and Disney representative meeting in an elevator and discussing how the public viewed their works and such. Basiclly the concept was born to make the Final Fantasy series a little more kid friendly and bring teens and young adults back to Disney.

Course I have no idea whether that's true or not.

Tags
crossover, mark hamill = over 9000, mx = vulcan