AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-16, 14:18   Link #21
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I somehow recall hearing a voice sample of Rie Kugimiya that had her doing a whole lot of different voices. Once was a refined voice that really sounded nothing like her, so I image she can pull it off.

Yui Horie has a delicious creepy voice when she wants to do one.
Old 2009-06-16, 14:54   Link #22
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Some of Kugimiya's roles. I thought Sabato and Nemu were good Shannon-like voices.
Old 2009-06-16, 21:39   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
About Rie Kugimiya voicing Shannon... don't forget she's played roles such as Alphonse Elric from FMA or the lead from Nabari no Ou.
Well Rie's problem is she got typecast as a tsundere loli, though it's her fault that happened lol.. I wonder how Ami Koshimizu will handle Rosa... making my way through ep 4.. that scene was intense...
Old 2009-06-16, 21:50   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Slightly older version of Horo?
Old 2009-06-17, 14:44   Link #25
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I wonder how Ami Koshimizu will handle Rosa... making my way through ep 4.. that scene was intense...
Yes...Yes it was. That scene was painful to playthrough. And Rosa is one of my favorite characters, so even more so for myself.

One crazy B****
Old 2009-06-18, 18:36   Link #26
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I have no idea if some of you already found that video, but here is a little teaser of the DramaCD VOL1:
http://www.animate.tv/pv/detail.php?id=pcd090618b

I uploaded it on Youtube:

While I start being accustomed with Battler and Maria's voices (and obviously Jessica)...
I couldn't "recognize" George and Rudolf . Hideyoshi sounds a bit special but fitting, Krauss is the same (though I was expecting something deeper). Rosa, meanwhile is a bit too young but very close to what I've expected.
Eva is... well, Miki Itou really used her Takano mode it will take time to get accustomed.

That said, I really need to have the animation in front of me, because so far, it is difficult to gauge as it is.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:47   Link #27
Marion
The Great Dine

Speaking order goes like this, from what I can tell (not including those that talked longer, like Krauss):

Battler
Maria
Jessica
George
Krauss
Rudolf
Hideyoshi
Rosa
Eva

These are the ones I recognized. I don't think Kyrie or Natsuhi talked though.

That being said Maria's voice definitely is a bit different from what I expected but hopefully I'll get use to it. George sounds odd, but maybe when I see it with the animation it'll be a little better. Krauss and Rudolf aren't very distinguishable by voice though. Only reason I realized it was Rudolf was because Krauss speaks for the majority of the part after the cousins.

Rosa does sound a bit young to me, but it's close enough. I think Eva's voice should be a little more lighter, but at least it doesn't sound like Takano that much as I feared. Hideyoshi...damn I knew it would be rough but wow XD;

I still like Marina Inoue as Jessica the most so far.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:50   Link #28
Kitsu
The unlucky one

o.o
LOL
Eva xDD...I start to imagine this scenario in my head
Eva: "I will become god! I will become BEATRICE-SAMA!!"

The men sounded really good to me. but Rosa....she sounded too young! Seriously a little bit older would have been much better.

....and was that George!? well... I will need time....for that one. Maria, is okay but I expect her to say "nano desu!" any moment. and she sounds just too much like her other roles.

Jessica is still epic win -me likes-

And I wish I could have heard Shannon and Kanon. Hope someone will upload a short clip with their voices
Old 2009-06-18, 18:56   Link #29
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Battler's voice is very very mature... and aggressive. Aggressive makes sense (even though that tone often bothers me personally), but mature is a little weird. Even if his voice IS supposed to be deep, it still sounds a little too old to me. His voice isn't as off as it could be, but it'll still take me a bit to get used to.

Maria's voice... well after listening to it a few times, I've gotten used to her loud and oddly happy tone. I may still find it annoying once the actual anime starts though, and the voice itself is too similar to a few of Horie's other roles. When I initially heard this voice a while back in a HigurashiXUmineko crossover I had a little trouble telling who was Hanyuu and who was Maria, I still see this as a problem.

Jessica has one of the best voices in my honest opinion, before EVER hearing the voices way back... I actually thought that a voice like Mion's would be more fitting, but I was waaaay off, this voice suits her so much more.

George's voice is also one of my favorites, I love not only how he sounds, but how he speaks. Listening to his voice will be rather pleasant. I've got little to say since I've never really heard many of Suzumura's other roles. But I am pretty impressed with this outcome.

Krauss has a somewhat odd voice to me. I'm not sure what it is about his voice that strikes me as odd, but I just find it a little bit off in some way. The voice acting itself is well done, and his attitude seems to be captured pretty well in my opinion. So this isn't very bad at all.

Rudolf's voice on the other hand isn't what I've expected at all, it sounds to me like something is caught in his throat or something (at a couple of moments at least). I don't know how to really explain it. I imagined a much different voice for him and I don't really like this one that much. But I can probably get used to it.

The voice that bothers me the most is Hideyoshi's. He sounds really weird to me, this voice may annoy me a little after listening to it for a while. Maybe I'll get used to it, maybe I won't... it suits him pretty well, but the voice itself bothers me a bit.

Rosa's voice is too immature, she sounds like she's Jessica's age to me. I've listened to it a few times and I still can't really get why Koshimizu was chosen for Rosa. Don't get me wrong, I love her as Tenma, she's a good seiyuu. But this doesn't match up to me at all, other than being a little softspoken and timid.

Eva sounds just like Takano, only a LITTLE different. Her attitude seems a little more haughty to me and I think it works. It's odd hearing Hanyuu and Takano in Umineko, but in this case I think Eva's attitude and sly character were pretty much pinpointed. I'll just have to get used to it sounding so similar. This is one of my favorite voices as well.

I sure hope that Shannon and Kanon don't sound too weird, it would've been nice to hear them as well.

Last edited by momobunny; 2009-06-18 at 22:57.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:26   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well since it's basically the script from the game anyway, you aren't missing out much

But boy do the voices burn my ears...
George doesn't sound like George and pretty much all the adults sound like some villains from your typical shounen.

Eva's voice is "hahaha"...but that is because I love Takano

It will probably grow on me later but for now...*cringes*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2009-06-18 at 19:52.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:30   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
[Bleh! All edited out until Klashikari is done translating]
I'm unfortunately not translating that much: a good portion is from the game script already, however there were slightly edited portions I really cannot catch due to some accents and the flow of the speeches (especially hideyoshi...).
That said, I'm trying to figure as much as I can.

Considering it is 2:30AM right now, I don't think I will last that long, but I will certainly put the whole translation with Chrono's help (timezone doesn't help heh...)
Old 2009-06-18, 19:53   Link #32
Ttak

Strangely, I think that George sounded as I expected it would be xD
Rudolf's voice was easy to recognize (even without the translation) because his way of speaking seemed like Shinigami-sama's from Soul Eater. About Hideyoshi, it hurts >< (sounded like he was with food on his mouth)...
Eva's one is great, her voice is about 90% the same as Takano, but suits her normal mood really well
Old 2009-06-18, 19:56   Link #33
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttak View Post
Strangely, I think that George sounded as I expected it would be xD
Rudolf's voice was easy to recognize (even without the translation) because his way of speaking seemed like Shinigami-sama's from Soul Eater. About Hideyoshi, it hurts >< (sounded like he was with food on his mouth)...
Eva's one is great, her voice is about 90% the same as Takano, but suits her normal mood really well
I had to listen twice to distinguish between Krauss and Rudolf myself more accurately. I noticed on the second time that Rudolf's voice is a little less deeper than Krauss's, so that helped.

Still it's odd that Hideyoshi's voice was shown in the little preview, but neither Natsuhi nor Kyrie spoke up. From what I remember Kyrie didn't talk much in the money discussion during EP 1, but Natsuhi just kept on going so I'm a bit surprised XD
Old 2009-06-18, 19:58   Link #34
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wow, maybe it's me but Krauss's voice make me think of an older version of Lelouch, same way of talking XD Seriously listen to those "mochiron" and "naruhodou", ha ha ha, for some reason it make me laugh

In general I like these voices. George sounds pretty young, but the gentle tone of voice is all right. Maria Battler and Jessica: I was already accostumed to them. Maria's voice is very cute but I wonder how will the evil witch mode will sound. The "uu-uu" sound looks more like the japanese "n" but I guess that's the way it is. Jessica is perfect.

Hideyoshi sounds more rude than I expected, but maybe it's because of the situation. Rudolf sounds more juvenile than I imagined. Eva: just as I imagined her. Rosa too young and cute! I can't imagine this voice in musou mode

Old 2009-06-18, 20:00   Link #35
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I agree that Rudolf sounds a bit different from what I was expecting. He did sound like Battler's father for me. Krauss sounded ok in my book. IMO George sounded my first expectation of Battler prior to his seiyuu being announced, but I'll get used to it. Rosa sounds like a wimp (which fits her..*smirk*), and Hideyoshi sounds like your normal Osakan. Eva sounded natural.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:05   Link #36
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I like all voices so far but Maria. Ugh Horie Yui.

My favourites would have to be Jessica, Eva and George though. Jessica sounds great, Eva sounds as I hoped she would (Takano-but-not-as-droopy), and George sounds exactly like I've always imaged.

I can't wait to hear Kyrie's voice. And Genji's too.

Oh, and... can't unhear Karen when Rosa speaks.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:10   Link #37
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I can't imagine this voice in musou mode
Did you watch Code Geass. You'll have a pretty good idea if you think of Kallen.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:18   Link #38
Marion
The Great Dine

Yeah Rosa does sound a little too much like an older Karen/Kallen @_@; But it's not too bad.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:21   Link #39
Mikachiru
test

I like all the voices. They sound okay to me. The only problem I have is that I wish Rudolf and Krauss didn't sound so similar...
Old 2009-06-18, 20:33   Link #40
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Eva's voice sounds perfect in my opinion. It inspires such HATRED in me. Which is what I expect of the character. (stupid as this may sound, I hate Eva on a personal level. The character in the story itself is good, I just hate her XD . If that makes sense...)

George sounds adorable. Just... cute and kindy nerdy at the same time. I like it.

Battler, Jessica and Maria I've heard before, So I'm already "used" to them. They sound good though.

Hideyoshi... aahahahahahaha! His voice/accent fits his character description, that's for sure.

Rudolph and Kraus, I have a touch of trouble telling them apart ^^:. But I'll get used to it.

Rosa, she sounds as I imagined her honestly. She's described as youngest and timid, so I think the voice fits. And though it's a bit rough to imagine her in her tougher modes, remember, a lot of the higurashi girls sounded sweet and nice in normal mode too. *insert epic horn kick*
Closed Thread