AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-27, 18:40   Link #761
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Okay, I just finished reading the ending of Neko and I have something to say to all anime watchers....
Spoiler:

Last edited by omimon; 2010-08-27 at 20:28.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:27   Link #762
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

My goodness.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 01:50   Link #763
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
My goodness.
It's so beautiful........I tearing up.......

Ok, judging from just the picture, I am guessing that Tsubasa transforms again for whatever reason and sets the town on fire. But it seems like this time we won't get getting any panties or PJ action.

Last edited by omimon; 2010-10-03 at 02:09.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:25   Link #764
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Here's a little extra information concerning the Neko 2.

完全无欠の委员长、羽川翼は二学期の初日、一头の虎に睨まれた――。
それは空しい独白で、届く宛のない告白……
<物语>シリーズは、予测不能の新章に突入する!

As you can probably guess, this happens in the second term so it's after Nise.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:48   Link #765
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Just taken from the wiki.

Kodansha will release five more "Monogatari" novel series. Planned novel and releases will be Dec 2010 for Kabukimonogatari: Mayoi Kyon Shi , Mar 2011 for Hanamonogatari: Suruga Devil, Jun 2011 for Otorimonogatari: Nadeko Medusa, Sep 2011 for Onimonogatari: Shinobu Time, and Dec 2011 for Koimonogatari: Hitagi End.

Oh yea.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:59   Link #766
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Just taken from the wiki.

Kodansha will release five more "Monogatari" novel series. Planned novel and releases will be Dec 2010 for Kabukimonogatari: Mayoi Kyon Shi , Mar 2011 for Hanamonogatari: Suruga Devil, Jun 2011 for Otorimonogatari: Nadeko Medusa, Sep 2011 for Onimonogatari: Shinobu Time, and Dec 2011 for Koimonogatari: Hitagi End.

Oh yea.
To be fair, authors are not always good with due date so I won't be raising any roofs just yet. But then again we are talking about the guy who wrote 12 novels in a year.
Old 2010-10-03, 13:08   Link #767
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
But then again we are talking about the guy who wrote 12 novels in a year.
Those were significantly shorter and extremly padded out at every possible occasion. It's one of those rare cases when anime is not only better, but practically renders the source material obsolete.

I wonder if the new 'Monogatari' line will ever make it into anime form.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 14:03   Link #768
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Those were significantly shorter and extremly padded out at every possible occasion. It's one of those rare cases when anime is not only better, but practically renders the source material obsolete.

I wonder if the new 'Monogatari' line will ever make it into anime form.
Man you don't need to tell me, the anime is sooo much better.

I'm pretty the these new books will make it to the anime stage. I mean Shaft will never let this Golden egg go. I am confident that this series is the Harry Potter of Japan. The only thing standing in its way is the kinkiness of the content.......I want to see some AraragixSister action.....
Old 2010-10-03, 17:45   Link #769
Kunagisa

Nekomonogatari (Kuro) was pretty boring for me (so boring that I still haven't finish it).

Hopefully Shiroi will be better. Tiger should be a lot more interesting I suppose. I wonder what's in that guide book.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 18:52   Link #770
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Nekomonogatari (Kuro) was pretty boring for me (so boring that I still haven't finish it).

Hopefully Shiroi will be better. Tiger should be a lot more interesting I suppose. I wonder what's in that guide book.
What chapter are you on? It gets pretty serious near the end.
Old 2010-10-03, 20:26   Link #771
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
To be fair, authors are not always good with due date so I won't be raising any roofs just yet. But then again we are talking about the guy who wrote 12 novels in a year.
I don't really care about the dates, the books themselves are news to me. lol
Old 2010-10-05, 14:05   Link #772
Kunagisa

Quote:
What chapter are you on? It gets pretty serious near the end.
Don't remember. I do remember it was the part he was licking her desk, and the lolcat saw him.
Old 2010-10-05, 14:12   Link #773
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Don't remember. I do remember it was the part he was licking her desk, and the lolcat saw him.
Oh man, u need to finish before you start White because there is a HUGE foreshadowing.
Old 2010-10-05, 14:27   Link #774
Kunagisa

Quote:
Oh man, u need to finish before you start White because there is a HUGE foreshadowing.
I will!!! I still have ... half a month ... kinda. I blame 「Tokyo Ravens」 and 「Sword Queen and the Branded Child」 for taking up my time..

Personally, I just don't like this book cause it's all about Hanekawa (Kizu was the same but that one had Meme and Hanekawa in there too). One thing I super enjoy from Nisio is the amount of characters. I find it dull that it's just on Hanekawa, whom I repeatedly said I care the least about. Even the crappy Nise 2 is a lot better than this in that aspect.

There are only so much you can screw around with Araragi's ... messed up sense of perversion before it gets dull.

As for White, does the second semester meaning the second half of the second year? As in this will still be a prequel to Bake? The description also isn't as interesting as Black.
Old 2010-10-05, 14:33   Link #775
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
There are only so much you can screw around with Araragi's ... messed up sense of perversion before it gets dull.

As for White, does the second semester meaning the second half of the second year? As in this will still be a prequel to Bake? The description also isn't as interesting as Black.
I bet to differ, I always lol at how his perversion knows no bounds.

As for White I'm pretty sure it's going to be a sequel. I mean it just doesn't make sense to have any stories before third year.

Japanese sem goes like April-July, Sep-Dec, Jan-Mar, so White is probably going to take place in the fall.
Old 2010-10-12, 13:58   Link #776
Kunagisa

One whole week later and I still didn't read a single page.

Can someone refresh me the timeline again in high school semester terms?
Old 2010-10-12, 14:25   Link #777
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
One whole week later and I still didn't read a single page.

Can someone refresh me the timeline again in high school semester terms?
You mean the post right above yours?
Old 2010-10-12, 14:36   Link #778
apr
Pedestrian

Reposting this, since it's just as relevant, and I don't have the imagination to rewrite everything from scratch:

Done with Nekomonogatari: Kuro. Yep, read it all. 305 pages, baby! In only two months! Even shorter, to be fair, more like, let's count, uh, 55 days! I am the master of novel reading.

I've never come across such a split story. Truly a book of two halves. And I really hated the first, which made it take so long. Chapters 1-5 (that's pages 1-160) work as a straight sequel to Nisemonogatari vol 2, where it seems like Nishio felt bad for short-changing Tsukihi, so decided he'd flesh out her character here instead. Which means it's chronologically fubar. And he knows it, so he's stuffed it full of irritating 4th wall breakage as well, with tons of references to the anime and other metajokes I personally loathe. I could go on a huge rant about how wrong this is, and how it doesn't fit in with the feel of the original Bakemonogatari series, but at the same time I feel like I have to concede that it's his series, and that he can do whatever he wants with it. But I still don't like the impression that he's mocking us. Well, me, personally, because I'm stupid enough to take offense.

He finishes the first half off with a "thanks for your patience" and turns it over 100%. Suddenly we're in chapter 6-13 (pages 160-305), which is almost a straight sequel to Kizumonogatari, i.e. the book I wanted in the first place! The one I dreamt of! Why the hell did he have to fuck me over with 160 pages of bullshit? Ugh. Anyway, that half was nice. Tied up with the beginning of Bakemonogatari perfectly as well, damn it.

I can't believe he keeps toying with my heart. Now I'll have to buy Shiro and be raped by his maliciousness again. And again. Evil genius indeed.
Old 2010-10-12, 14:44   Link #779
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
Reposting this, since it's just as relevant, and I don't have the imagination to rewrite everything from scratch:

Done with Nekomonogatari: Kuro. Yep, read it all. 305 pages, baby! In only two months! Even shorter, to be fair, more like, let's count, uh, 55 days! I am the master of novel reading.

I've never come across such a split story. Truly a book of two halves. And I really hated the first, which made it take so long. Chapters 1-5 (that's pages 1-160) work as a straight sequel to Nisemonogatari vol 2, where it seems like Nishio felt bad for short-changing Tsukihi, so decided he'd flesh out her character here instead. Which means it's chronologically fubar. And he knows it, so he's stuffed it full of irritating 4th wall breakage as well, with tons of references to the anime and other metajokes I personally loathe. I could go on a huge rant about how wrong this is, and how it doesn't fit in with the feel of the original Bakemonogatari series, but at the same time I feel like I have to concede that it's his series, and that he can do whatever he wants with it. But I still don't like the impression that he's mocking us. Well, me, personally, because I'm stupid enough to take offense.

He finishes the first half off with a "thanks for your patience" and turns it over 100%. Suddenly we're in chapter 6-13 (pages 160-305), which is almost a straight sequel to Kizumonogatari, i.e. the book I wanted in the first place! The one I dreamt of! Why the hell did he have to fuck me over with 160 pages of bullshit? Ugh. Anyway, that half was nice. Tied up with the beginning of Bakemonogatari perfectly as well, damn it.

I can't believe he keeps toying with my heart. Now I'll have to buy Shiro and be raped by his maliciousness again. And again. Evil genius indeed.
Lol. I know how you feel but personally I kinda liked the first half since I like reading bullshit.
Old 2010-10-12, 18:10   Link #780
Kunagisa

Quote:
You mean the post right above yours?
No you silly.

I mean like Bake is 2nd year of high school first semester, Kizu is first semester of first year (?) etc.

PS: Also lol @ your comment on the ore imo v7 spoiler website <__<.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-10-12 at 18:21.

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance