AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-21, 22:46   Link #29661
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well my idea of a sync that exceeds 100% means that not only have the IS and pilot merged, they have also become one new entity and yet still remain as distinct separate entities. So to speak it's like a trinity in there.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 22:58   Link #29662
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ ooh, you mean like Evangelion?

I need to close this case for now, next topic: Charles

You see, due to, err, unconventional body, his sync ratio continuously decreasing in the last two years. At some point during the story's run, Dunois decided to take Revive from him.

Coincidentally the point where he find that his true purpose of being a mole is not only ByakuShiki's data but also anything regarding Ichika.

He was supposed to get a Dual-core Armored Stratos later, with justification that

A. Sub-core system has lower tolerance on Sync Ratio (with D-ranker male and female can use them excellently)
B. Char's canon ability to harmonize the wave pattern of two I.S. core, allowing him to use Dual Sub-core flawlessly or refilling/draining other I.S. energy pool. (Technically ST!Madoka and ST!Houki also has that ability, but use it for their OOA instead)

Does this scenario makes sense, somewhat? Bear in mind that this Char is devoted to his father because, well, specific reason.
Old 2012-04-21, 23:34   Link #29663
DarkJak2050

Is it possible to rip an IS's arm off of it's pilot?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 23:53   Link #29664
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: the scenario makes sense. And the IS itself seems okay. Though I am slightly put off by the subcore system and the forced energy transfer system. Mostly because I don't know the details.

An interesting point about harmonizing is that you're basically syncing. So it's another possibility she can harmonize a pilot and an IS beyond her own... so in canon case she could've been the one who can activate Houki's OOA for her when Houki herself couldn't.

Also, it wasn't evangelion... it was a mix of D. Gray Man and Kamen Rider W

@jak: I don't see why not
Old 2012-04-22, 00:36   Link #29665
HasuMasu
*Artist

I always thought that after the 4th Generation they'd have to fix energy consumption problems before doing anything radical. After that I guess you could remove the core from the equation, in other words the IS is turned into data which is stored in your own brain--you can't get better synchronization with anyone other than yourself.
Old 2012-04-22, 00:37   Link #29666
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
The energy transfer already happened in canon, when Ichika is out of energy, Char give what's left on her revive, adjusting their frequency/wavelength and transmit the power via cable. This happens during VT system rampage.

And yes, she can do just that, but she's dependent on the cable, and lacking required system & software to do just that means Charles has to do it without computer assistance, which is bothersome and difficult task (whereas Houki and Madoka have the tech)

I am conflicted whether to give Radiant Azazel the gadget required for energy drain or not, probably similar to Astray Gold Frame AMATU's claw in concept.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-04-22 at 00:54.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 01:03   Link #29667
DarkJak2050

But will it harm the pilot in the process if done so?

Ripping an IS's arm off of it's pilot.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 01:04   Link #29668
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The energy consumption problem can be answered as time goes on. Natural innovation of better forms of energy storage and more efficient energy use will come about. Unless someone invents a GN drive or arc reactor(I prefer GN drive) and sticks it on an IS.

For me, it just doesn't fit the image of sweet ol' charlotte stealing energy... sounds more like what Houki, Cecilia and Rin would do :|
Old 2012-04-22, 01:12   Link #29669
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Hence I'm so conflicted. Then again, this Charles is a devoted spy, make that what you will.

In raw spec alone, Radiant Azazel is Jack of all stat: versatile armory, versatile defense and versatile speed. All in all, Charles become THE generic guy in the roster. Being an Armored Stratos, it doesn't have OOA either because there's no personality whatsoever within the cores.

@ Jak
Yes, yes it is.
Old 2012-04-22, 01:15   Link #29670
demino_hellsin
That one guy

why don't you focus on the aspect of him harmonizing?

My versin of 2nd shift rafael focused on me imagining Charlotte as a wrench wench.
Old 2012-04-22, 01:23   Link #29671
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, Madoka already fill that quota... can you think any other use of this skill aside from Buff/Debuff?

I actually think about coordinator/tactician type where Charl will lead a teamwork/formation attack, easier to achieve by using the core harmony effect.
Old 2012-04-22, 01:28   Link #29672
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how do subcores work again?
Old 2012-04-22, 01:39   Link #29673
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The same as I.S. core, except it lacked the sentient AI, therefore not affected by the pilot's willpower (no OOA, shift up, and abnormal power boost natch). The also has inferior power output and processing power.

As advantage however, it's possible to stack them unlike I.S. core (because sub-core lacked the individuality true core and pseudo-core has), so long as you have decent core-harmonization ability (and Charl's ability in that regard is top notch). In a way of another, they act like golem did: objective took 100% priority, but they're not independent and still need human input, unliek automated golems.

Since they also has much lower tolerance, plenty (as in, thousands amongst billions) of males is capable of using them, though amongst them only select dozen able to use them at full capacity (for example: Joshua O'Brien and Dan Gotanda)
Old 2012-04-22, 01:43   Link #29674
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so it works as a standard generator and CPU in one?
Old 2012-04-22, 01:50   Link #29675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ayup.

PT member even jokingly call them Zombie Core because they are born from combining 'failed' I.S. core and 'stem cell' of Ygdrassil, the quantum computer that become the origin of current I.S. (whereas first I.S. are conventional space suit with fairly advanced but realistic technology instead of physic-stretching pseudoscience that is White Knight)
Old 2012-04-22, 02:26   Link #29676
demino_hellsin
That one guy

a short development history for azazel suddenly pops into mind...

Interestingly, the possibility for resonance and therefore sync ratios mattering may still apply.
Old 2012-04-22, 02:29   Link #29677
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ do tell, please. Just remember the power level limit.
Old 2012-04-22, 02:35   Link #29678
Eratas123

Anybody here know what Gun Kata is?
Old 2012-04-22, 02:38   Link #29679
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I watched Hidan no Aria so yes.
Old 2012-04-22, 02:39   Link #29680
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

A fictional martial arts that involve pistols, bullet dodge and seeing into future? (no kidding)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest