Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-10, 19:16   Link #61
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
you have heard of Journey to the West?
Yup, as i mentioned in another thread... without that book (and the other 3) we wouldn't have any manga or anime (just bleach, because it doesn't have any plot )
Old 2011-02-10, 19:22   Link #62
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I am still surprised people are saying there are 9 treasures or what is the 5th treasure. This stuff is taken directly from The Journey to the West which Toriyama also used for DB. Just read it. The 5th treasure is a jade vase/flask that was used for sealing and storing. It will come into play this fight.

Magic rope
Magic sword,
Yellow gourd
Magic fan
Jade vase

You can kind of see how this will play out. Just like in the story, you probably have to beat the demons at their own game and trick them into sealing themselves. That's what the Monkey King did after stealing their treasures. Now what character is smart enough to do that? Also what character can use a fan that might be able to counter the banana fan?

So of course Kiba will defeat them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I'm bored to this battle between fodder and nobodys.. I want Naruto action!
I am actually enjoying Naruto and Sasuke being out of the manga. Makes things less whiny. But I was expecting lots of Gaara and the Konoha 11 in their place. I didn't think Kishi would devote a whole chapter to the Kumo reserve squad. It wouldn't be as bad if Kishi bothered to develop them before. We didn't know anything about Samui until this chapter. Nor was Darui developed much at all. Now he expects us to care about them as they face a life and death struggle.. I don't. I am just waiting for the more important characters to show up.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:24   Link #63
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
So Samui's word is 'Cool', it didn't show her saying her word so what happened? Did she say it under her breath or is there another secret to be revealed? Maybe you get sucked in if you see/read your word on the sword. Still, I expected more from her. She didn't put up much of a fight or show any skill. If that is the last we see of her, it's kind of disappointing, even if she is a tertiary character.

I reread that over and over again and the only conclusion I could come to is that there is some type of technicality that we aren't aware of yet like you can't say your most common word but you can only stay silent for so long. But yeah I hope this isn't the last we see of Samui because I hope she would at least get to be awesome.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:27   Link #64
ntherblast

Hmm I know those two that got sucked iinto the gourd will come back I say this because like no named good ninja die in naruto What was the 5th weapon i only seen 4?
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:32   Link #65
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
So of course Kiba will defeat them both.
Kiba?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
I hope this isn't the last we see of Samui because I hope she would at least get to be awesome.
Not every single character must to be awesome... Someone has to be canon fodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntherblast View Post
I say this because like no named good ninja die in naruto
Jiraiya doesn't think the same

Naruto isn't Bleach.
Old 2011-02-10, 19:35   Link #66
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Kiba?...

Not every single character must to be awesome... Someone has to be canon fodder.

Jiraiya doesn't think the same

Naruto isn't Bleach.
Jirayai actually fought to the death and didn't die in like 2 pages or by 1 attack. I am 100% sure that those two will get freed somehow.
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:39   Link #67
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

They'll probably get released eventually. They don't have the complete set to begin with.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 19:42   Link #68
Slayerx

Quote:
I am actually enjoying Naruto and Sasuke being out of the manga. Makes things less whiny. But I was expecting lots of Gaara and the Konoha 11 in their place. I didn't think Kishi would devote a whole chapter to the Kumo reserve squad. It wouldn't be as bad if Kishi bothered to develop them before. We didn't know anything about Samui until this chapter. Nor was Darui developed much at all. Now he expects us to care about them as they face a life and death struggle.. I don't. I am just waiting for the more important characters to show up.
I think that's probably my issue with these battles...
For a long time i've been wanting to see many of the minor characters in action and yet the one's that have thus far gotten the most attention are the ones i don't care about. Sai, Kankuro, and some guys who i don't care enough about to even remember their names because they have zero build up to them... only exception is kakashi, but he's someone we've seen in action plenty of times, and unless he plans on using that 1000 jutsu library to spice things up, i'm not very invested in his fights... same kind of goes for garra, unless he plans on pulling out some new moves i'm not so sure how invested i'll be... I'd rather see the rest of the kohona 11 since i don't feel like we ever saw the full extent of how much they have grown over these years. Really if Kishi wants to showcase these new characters, the least he could do is showcase them beside old favorites

Thinking about it the reveal of those taboo words would actually have a bit more impact if we have seen these characters enough that we ourselves could have guessed their most common words... like Shikamaru's word being "troublesome"
Old 2011-02-10, 19:48   Link #69
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I reread that over and over again and the only conclusion I could come to is that there is some type of technicality that we aren't aware of yet like you can't say your most common word but you can only stay silent for so long. But yeah I hope this isn't the last we see of Samui because I hope she would at least get to be awesome.
Or it could be that even if an ally says your word you can be sealed. Samui's word is "cool", and her name in Japanese means "cool/cold". Darui says "Sorry, Samui-san" before he uses Laser Circus. Afterwards, Samui is sealed.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:15   Link #70
Cael
Lurker Mode

Nice catch!
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:28   Link #71
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
good catch have you people heard about the quotation "Speech is Silver, Silence is Golden" http://www.englishclub.com/ref/esl/S...golden_940.htm
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 20:41   Link #72
janipani

Quote:
I don't mind Naruto and Sasuke taking a break, but I would demand more intresting plot and better plot elements than sentimental zombies or random new "cool" revived zombie legends...everything feels so superficial, like this whole battle is just a way to postpone real action and lengthen the story that there is actually so little left.

I also think Kishi should have dropped the whole idea of cloning and reviving dead people. Yeah.. they are really nasty and controversial subjects that are good material for any manga and they kinda play part that Orochimaru played, but if you wanna revive a legendary warriors in the story you should at least set them up earlier in the story. This is probably going to work quite well in anime, but manga lacks some devices that can be used make sentimental parts deeper or to make the popped-up-suddenly-out-of-nowhere-greatnesses feel more interesting.

Kishi created great character set of allies but something went wrong with the enemies. Probably because the original plot has become distorted and changed either on paper or in Kishi's mind more than once.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 21:58   Link #73
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I think that's probably my issue with these battles...
For a long time i've been wanting to see many of the minor characters in action and yet the one's that have thus far gotten the most attention are the ones i don't care about. Sai, Kankuro, and some guys who i don't care enough about to even remember their names because they have zero build up to them... only exception is kakashi, but he's someone we've seen in action plenty of times, and unless he plans on using that 1000 jutsu library to spice things up, i'm not very invested in his fights... same kind of goes for garra, unless he plans on pulling out some new moves i'm not so sure how invested i'll be... I'd rather see the rest of the kohona 11 since i don't feel like we ever saw the full extent of how much they have grown over these years. Really if Kishi wants to showcase these new characters, the least he could do is showcase them beside old favorites
As sad as it sounds, I feel far more of a connection to even Tenten(yes Tenten) than Darui or many of these side characters Kishi is now pimping all of a sudden with no buildup. If she were in peril, or god forbid actually was being awesome, it would sort of mean more. Same thing with Hinata, Sakura, Lee, Kiba, Shino, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I don't mind Naruto and Sasuke taking a break, but I would demand more intresting plot and better plot elements than sentimental zombies or random new "cool" revived zombie legends...everything feels so superficial, like this whole battle is just a way to postpone real action and lengthen the story that there is actually so little left.

I also think Kishi should have dropped the whole idea of cloning and reviving dead people. Yeah.. they are really nasty and controversial subjects that are good material for any manga and they kinda play part that Orochimaru played, but if you wanna revive a legendary warriors in the story you should at least set them up earlier in the story. This is probably going to work quite well in anime, but manga lacks some devices that can be used make sentimental parts deeper or to make the popped-up-suddenly-out-of-nowhere-greatnesses feel more interesting.

Kishi created great character set of allies but something went wrong with the enemies. Probably because the original plot has become distorted and changed either on paper or in Kishi's mind more than once.
The war should have been Madara in league with two of the countries against the others. Then it would have been a true war like the others before it. Like say Madara, Lightening, Earth vs Fire, Water, Wind. This war would have been so much different.

But then we can't have the kids killing anyone. So here are zombies and Zetu clones. They don't feel pain or bleed.

Quote:
Kiba?...
I was joking about Kiba. I was alluding to Shikamaru and Temari. Along with Choji and Neji's group, they were suppose to backup the First division. This fight is a lot like Bleach's Shunsui vs. Stark with it being a game of logic. And who better to mess up these guys than the world's smartest boy?. Like in the story, you are going to have to trick the demons into the gourd by getting them to say their own words. Temari has no one to fight so let her counter that magic fan and yell at Shikamaru for being a lazy bum. Choji can eat the rope.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:11   Link #74
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
I was joking about Kiba. I was alluding to Shikamaru and Temari. Along with Choji and Neji's group, they were suppose to backup the First division.
Hmmm... their division is about to face 3 kages... and it will be the last to be mobilize to find the rest of the divisions... i don't see how that will happen.
Old 2011-02-11, 00:42   Link #75
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Hmmm... their division is about to face 3 kages... and it will be the last to be mobilize to find the rest of the divisions... i don't see how that will happen.
According to Shikamaru's father's plan, they were suppose to split half their army and head to where Darui was. They got their orders in chapter 525 just like the second division. They are not that far from Darui.

Gaara and the rest of his army are just suppose to stall the Kages until Shikamaru and co. get back and attack from behind. Onoki is there because of Muu. The dust element could probably wipe out most of the troops. So he is there to counter it and probably die doing so.

Anyway who knows. Maybe against all logic, Darui solos these guys and Kakashi fans go insane since his rampage was just badly upstaged by a minor character who only has appeared in a handful of chapters.

Wait, I almost forgot. The old Ino-Shika-Cho could also bail Darui out. Shika's dad already left since he wasn't around Tsunade. Inoichi and him could be there next chapter. Choza could bail on Dan. Since the Horn brothers use teamwork they should face a legendary teamwork team.
Old 2011-02-11, 06:51   Link #76
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cael View Post
So Samui's word is 'Cool', it didn't show her saying her word so what happened? Did she say it under her breath or is there another secret to be revealed? Maybe you get sucked in if you see/read your word on the sword.
I think it's about your behavior, too. When you behave cool you get trapped. Who said that it's only about words? That could only be a rumor and it was nothing but Samui's assumption. Who knows if it really works like that? Those two brothers didn't need to tell their village how the weapons worked. Especially since they were criminals.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:46   Link #77
Blaine

Is it just me or does that banana fan or whatever its called that those zombie brothers use look alot a fan naruto is holding on one of the early volume covers (not sure which one ill have to check)
Old 2011-02-11, 07:57   Link #78
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
nobody reads the classics anymore? We already discuss this at the top of the first page. The brothers and their weapon were copy directly form the Journey to the West, the gourd, the rope everything.

Kishi might not be very original but at least he is well read and knows where go borrow good stuff for his story.
there's nothing wrong with borrowing from other works and even from history and legends. but there's a difference between taking a familiar story and putting a spin on it to make it your own from simply borrowing that story and just inserting it into your own story. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. in this case, it doesn't. it just doesn't fit into the story that it seems ridiculous. that's not creativity anymore. he should take lessons from neil gaiman on re-weaving old tales.

Quote:
What a stupid story... being swallowed and leaving the stomach with just the same amount of chakra the whole fox has? This effect remains after their death? Geez, this is even worse than that stupid guy from the filler episodes... Sora.
i was about to say that. i found that filler ridiculous! how could they harvest kyuubi chakra and put it inside sora without killing the poor fellow? and how come he too turned into a four-tailed kyuubi?

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-02-11 at 09:47.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 08:25   Link #79
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
According to Shikamaru's father's plan, they were suppose to split half their army and head to where Darui was. They got their orders in chapter 525 just like the second division. They are not that far from Darui.
Ch525:
Quote:
First, we will handle group A by concentrating our forces on Darui's division.
We'll start with the closer end of Mifune's division, connecting the end of the "belt" with Darui's backup.
At the same time we'll move most of Kitsuchi's division up along the ocean and sandwich the enemy force in a pincer.

Meanwhile, Gaara's division, will make a slow retreat while moving into a sideways chevron formation, luring the enemy into following them.
Gaara's division will be the last of the divisions to make any move towards Darui's division. Mifune's and Kitsuchi's divisions will be there way before Gaara's division.
Old 2011-02-11, 08:27   Link #80
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
there's nothing wrong with borrowing from other works and even from history and legends
It's called intertextuality.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion