031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Tortuous... 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-24, 01:24   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Naruto Shippuden Episode 204 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

The Five Kage's Power - 五影の実力 ~ Gokage no Chikara.

Description:
Quote:
As Killer Bee decides to meet his Enka teacher Kin, Sasuke uses his Susano'o to destroy the pillars in the room, making the ceiling collapse. Sasuke and Karin enter the summit room, where Danzo uses Sasuke's arrival as a chance to escape and Ao pursues him. Mei nearly kills Sasuke, but Zetsu saves him via his Spore Jutsu. Onoki then finishes Sasuke off, only to discover that he was saved by Madara, who decides to let them in on his Moon's Eye Plan.
Animation Supervisor & Storyboard: Hiroyuki Yamashita (198, 186, 178)
Episode Director: Ken'ichi Nishida
Screenplay: Yuka Miyata (198, 192, 180)

Declaration of War - 宣戦布告 ~ Sensenfukoku.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-29 at 12:09.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 09:32   Link #2
Jerseykid

I hate it when Sasuke gets saved right before he is about to die!

Little old guy's jutsu was cool
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 13:02   Link #3
Midnight Commander

This was very good animation, everyone was well drawn and the Mizukage was awesome. My favorite part is her fight with Sasuke; I liked how she twitches when shes ready to fight. Her self-doubting bodyguard is pretty funny too; I curious to see him give it his all.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 13:22   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Storywise in a manga format shounen sereis like One Piece is probably better. When it comes to visually transforming the manga, I don't think there is any doubt that Naruto is loads better.

What a rush!

This was another heavenly paced episode. Time just flew by and I was in shock when the episode ended just as the dashing Madara declared about his plan.

Here is a quick question: how do you levitate? This would be the second time such display was on screen. Pain's levitation is a bit more self explanatory due to the nature of his power. Tuschikage's, on the other hand, I have a vague idea. It probably is something similar to Gara's sand manipulation. That is one cool geezer. Sasuke was outclassed in every instance of this battle. He was barely handling Raikage and yet didn't mind barreling into the conference of the other kages. I kind of agree that there have been a loads of time Sasuke escaped death, but this would be the first time when he was completely out-gunned, out-dueled in every aspect of a fight and it looked very grim for him. With all that in his arsenal from the power of super-duper sharingan, he still could do so much against Kage level. The reason he is so very effective against opponent is his ability to plan. Every time he has shown any hint of arrogance or cockyness, he has been put in his place trhough out the series. i.e. Sasuke and Naruto's little skirmish on the top of a roof where Sasuke's chidori causes a small hole and Naruto's rasengan destroys the water tank. His arrogance was almost tangible here in this episode when he goes to intercept Danzo, knowing very well other Kages' are there. Sasuke's hide is saved once again, and this time by Madara, only because he is got something in motion where Sasuke has a role to play.

Usually Sasuke is the one that is awe inspiring in a fight, but this time the Kages were the ones who showed why they are occupying those positions, and the difference in level between them and Sasuke. Strength alone isn't enough. The gray matters equally need to play a significant role when the opponent are as good as a Kage.

To put it in layman's term, Sasuke was a dumbass in this episode. He deserved to die. Too bad Madara had to be so awesome and come good right at the nick of time.

The episode also taught me that it is a very bad idea to give Mizukage mouth to mouth resuscitation if the occasion ever calls for it. She vomits lava for heaven's sake. She is still a hotty though....! I would even go as far as to say she is hotter than Hunter when he is saying, "and you have the right to be wrong..."

Very very good episode.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 13:24   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Very good episode, it's just so much fun to watch right now...notice how even after all his powerups, Sasuke still gets saved by Madara and Zetsu? Speaking of Zetsu, his techniques are seriously creepy, watching his white stuff being chewed by the brown stuff that Akatsuchi spewed out of his mouth was just
Quote:
With all that in his arsenal from the power of super-duper sharingan, he still could do so much against Kage level.
The kage ninja are all weirdos in their own right though; Mizukage has two kekkei genkais, Kazekage has sand control w/o seals, Raikage thinks he's Vegeta and Tsuchikage can cast barrier+gravija or something...Not comparing them to Sasuke or anything, after all he's weird too...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 14:27   Link #6
neshru

Episode was nice, but it's a shame they stayed true to the manga and didn't add any fighting scenes. They had the animators to do that this time.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 14:49   Link #7
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Episode was nice, but it's a shame they stayed true to the manga and didn't add any fighting scenes. They had the animators to do that this time.
I theorised back when this arc started getting animated that certain fight would be the only fight to receive the add-ons. I agree though, it is a shame, cause I like the Kage gauntlet, short as it was.

Quote:
Here is a quick question: how do you levitate? This would be the second time such display was on screen. Pain's levitation is a bit more self explanatory due to the nature of his power. Tuschikage's, on the other hand, I have a vague idea. It probably is something similar to Gara's sand manipulation.
Since its not really a story related spoiler and it answers your question I might as well add:
Spoiler:

Last edited by monir; 2011-03-24 at 15:27. Reason: watch out for any spoiler, even the obvious ones
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:28   Link #8
Uchihaha

Gotta agree with the guy above me.4 Kages and their bodyguards and he only needed help to survive for two of them. Besides he got one power up and depowered since he has no Curse Seal anymore.
Uchihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 15:34   Link #9
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Here is a quick question: how do you levitate? This would be the second time such display was on screen. Pain's levitation is a bit more self explanatory due to the nature of his power. Tuschikage's, on the other hand, I have a vague idea. It probably is something similar to Gara's sand manipulation. That is one cool geezer.
The guy could turn anything into dust (manipulation of objects at the molecular level), it won't be surprising if he could control the Wind ,Earth release is confirmed, at least 2 are left, probably Wind is one of 'em. By changing the shape of Wind around him he could re-orient himself, cuz' when he's in mid-air he's unsteady, as u can see, moving up and down the whole time..
Old 2011-03-24, 16:53   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

You now that the anime you're watching is good when you want the next episode as soon as possible... Naruto now is awesome... can you imagine what would happen without the fillers who cut the previous episodes?..

I always thought how Pierrot will animate Tsuchikage's jutsus, they did it great. That's makes me happy when i think about the next jutsus that we will see in the next months.

I will not waste time in Sasuke, today we saw that he is just Madara's toy.
Old 2011-03-24, 18:17   Link #11
Kallen4life

Quote:
Storywise in a manga format shounen sereis like One Piece is probably better. When it comes to visually transforming the manga, I don't think there is any doubt that Naruto is loads better.
One Piece is a fantastic anime, though the latest arc was too drawn-out

good ep, Zetsu copped a feel there lol

so here we've seen what chakra can do - make you spit out lava, poison mist, rock, levitate and, apparently, deatomise stufff .. gj raping physics ^^

Quote:
Sasuke is the man with the plan
I lol'ed
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 19:09   Link #12
iBeast

Next episode will probably slow things down a bit...but after that it will pick up again. Hopefully...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 20:50   Link #13
Maxtro

Hmm, a thought occurred to me while watching this episode.

Is Susano'o the cause of Itachi's "illness?"

When Sasuke fought him, Itachi obviously wasn't at 100%.

After using Susano'o for a very short amount of time, he felt that every cell in his body was in pain.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 21:03   Link #14
Jerseykid

speaking of susano, Itachi's was suppose to have that special sword, where is the sword now, transfered to Sasuke too?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 21:42   Link #15
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post

After using Susano'o for a very short amount of time, he felt that every cell in his body was in pain.
First of all, Itachi was sick and under medication, we don't know the cause, but Susanoo could be the reason, besides there's the history about the eyes, so... perhaps Itachi took medicines to counter the side effects of MS (remember when he used amaterasu for the first time against Jiraiya).

Second... Uchiha shares the same problem with Kakashi, their chakra and stamina aren't the greatest, but they were blessed with skills. So it's highly probable that, like Kakashi with Kamui, Susano'o affects their body (well, MS is another proof).

@Jerseykid: About the Totsuka sword and Yata Mirror (the shield), they are probably sealed with Itachi... Zetsu said that for that reason Orochimaru never could get them, because they exist only with the user.
Old 2011-03-24, 21:58   Link #16
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Hmm, a thought occurred to me while watching this episode.

Itachi was already suffering from sort of terminal illness independent of the drawbacks from using the Mangekyo Sharingan; In context with everything, what Sasuke is probably wondering is how a sick, half-dead person like Itachi could endure more pain than what is severely harming an under-developed and healthy person like Sasuke...

Just as pathetic when you put everything else into context, Sasuke still has a hell of a long way to go before he ever reaches Itachi's former level, despite whatever level he's at right now with Itachi's eyes...

Anyway, this episode was just pure badass from start to finish...Everyone just has their stuff together, with none of the Kages disappointing...The Raikage has already shown in previous episodes that he's just made of pure beastly GAR willing to sacrifice his arm just to punch Sasuke in the face with a vulgar display of power, so that's already known...But it's also good that Gaara has every practical ounce of his former powers still intact, despite not being a jinchurikki anymore...The Tsuchikage's not a geezer to be reckoned with either; It takes some Yoda-like powers to complain about your back one minute and then just start levitating around like nothing the next, while also engaging in combat...And the Mizukage's just HOT; Literally...I remember I had trouble imagining what her lava element techniques would look like from the manga, so the anime really just made sense out of everything...

And Danzo's great at being a tricky bastard...

But seriously, what was Sasuke thinking? He's really starting to become too arrogant to live...He's at the Five Kage summit, a collaboration between the top leaders of the five nations, a meeting of the strongest ninja anyone will find in that world...So somehow his logic goes AFK after he devises a plan to track down Danzo, and doesn't return until after he manages to escape from the Raikage and Kazekage and other reinforcements, probably remembering what his purpose here was supposed to be...What happens when he gets his head back on? He goes "LEEEEEEROOOOOOY JENKINS!" and rushes the rest of the way right into the Mizukage and Tsuchikage...

In the end, Sasuke nearly got his ass kicked, saved only by Madara's intervention, and Danzo still got away (From Sasuke, anyway; Other pursuits are still on)...I'd say this classifies as a Fission Mailed...

Zetsu seems to be the only bad guy that was worth a damn pre-intervention...Suigetsu and Jugo are just scampering away with their lives barely intact, and Karin can't decide whether to be scared of Sasuke or joyed by his miraculous survival...But that's because Zetsu is just a monster that Sasuke can't appreciate; No love for a thing that just wants to touch...

But it looks like the next episode will be another chat with grandpa Madara! So grab some beer and kick back to relax; Story time is coming up with a test afterward to see if anyone's paying attention...

Oh, and it looks like it's vacation time for Killer Bee...The Wu-Tang Clan can finally reunite...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 22:03   Link #17
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
despite whatever level he's at right now with Itachi's eyes...
Sasuke isn't using Itachi's eyes. Remember that Madara offered them to Sasuke but he said that he would use his own eyes.
Old 2011-03-24, 22:14   Link #18
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Sasuke isn't using Itachi's eyes. Remember that Madara offered them to Sasuke but he said that he would be using his own eyes.
That's right, I forgot; Amaterasu from the left, genjutsu from the right, different from Itachi's...Too many details to remember that I ended up blending some of them or out-right forgetting...

Sasuke still has a long way to go if he's going to get anywhere in his path of revenge...Sasuke's Susanoo looks even incomplete compared to Itachi's, and only this much is making him feel like crap whereas Itachi took much more as a half-dead man...

Funny how a deus ex scenario can save his life but can't help him win; He's not getting his money's worth at this buffet...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 22:48   Link #19
Fran~
floating away...

Sasuke is a puppet... end of the history... is one of the most pathetic and lame characters ever. I laugh when i read comments about how much Kishi loves Sasuke, i think that he actually hates him. He has powers, yes, but in the end, he is not capable to achieve his goals, despite every power-up.

Sasuke's Susano'o is indeed an incomplete form, just go and watch Itachi's. Sasuke's improvement is Amaterasu's manipulation (Enton).
Old 2011-03-25, 02:07   Link #20
Lumir

Great episode showing off some of the other countries abilities. Some of those abilities being pretty crazy. Sasuke took center stage as a complete brainless power/hate driven chump. Thinking an incomplete susano'o was going to make him unstoppable without even knowing the effects. Once again we see sasuke as a tool near the end of this ep, he's given a second chance by madara and zetsu as his actions nearly lead him to death...

Its like sasuke cant do anything right without someone manipulating him in some form or fashion. I wonder what he will be given next .

Interesting moon/sharingan we saw in the next ep preview. Instead of 3 diodes, there were 9.

Tags
weekly episode discussion