AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-15, 00:38   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 725 [manga] (NOTE: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's business as usual. Once again credit goes to Redon from AP forums for this summary:

Quote:
- Law says it's not revenge but for someone's will and then start fighting.
- Momonosuke remembers the first time he and Kinnemon saw Doflamingo on Dressrosa. Kanjuro was with them (we could see his shadow).
- Violet comes back to the Royal Palace.
- Bartolomeo asks Zoro for a signature and tries finding Luffy for them.
- Rebecca defeats some fighters without hurting them. She can use Kenbunshoku Haki.
- Some of main fighters are catched in a huge basement, including...

· Don Chinjao
· Sai
· Hajrudin
· Dagama
· Elizabello II
· Blue Gilly
· Hack
· Ricky

End of chapter.

Kenbunshoku= Observation Haki, BTW.

So lessee what we can gather from this summary:

-Looks like Law may have more complex reasons for fighting Dofla than initially thought
-We get confirmation that Momo has indeed encountered Dofla before the PH arc
-Violet foolishly decides to return to the palace despite the fact that other officers like Gladius are well aware that she's a traitor
-Barto is being a faithful fanboy to Zoro
-Rebecca's confirmed to be a haki user
-Defeated tournament participants are being imprisoned for reasons (currently) unknown

Yep, sounds like an interesting chapter to me!

Edit: Uh, this hasn't been confirmed yet, but there's a Chinese spoiler summary that says the Caribou ministory involves him getting attacked by a dinosaur. If this is legit, then s*** just got realer than real......

Last edited by james0246; 2013-10-16 at 01:18.
Old 2013-10-15, 00:48   Link #2
JonSnow

Lol. I wonder if the basement used to capture the defeated gladiators, enough to hold Donchinjao and Elizabello. Interesting...
Old 2013-10-15, 00:56   Link #3
Dany Rangel

Thanks for the spoiler.

It would be mest-up if Violet was a triple agent.

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-15 at 18:44.
Old 2013-10-15, 02:16   Link #4
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
It would be mest-up if Violet was a triple agent.
I don't think she is, not according to the scene a couple chapters ago where Gladius was raging about her betrayal. it was only him and baby 5, so there would be no need to keep up a pretense if they already knew she was a triple agent.

I am really curious about rebecca's fighting style, I think she might win this one, either her or some unnamed underdog. Cavendish doesn't really care enough, although i look forward to seeing a few more of his moves.
Old 2013-10-15, 03:07   Link #5
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
I don't think she is, not according to the scene a couple chapters ago where Gladius was raging about her betrayal. it was only him and baby 5, so there would be no need to keep up a pretense if they already knew she was a triple agent.

I am really curious about rebecca's fighting style, I think she might win this one, either her or some unnamed underdog. Cavendish doesn't really care enough, although i look forward to seeing a few more of his moves.
I hope she isn't.
Maybe Gladius and baby 5 would not know about it.
Well see...or not.

Cavendish wants to win for the attention.
Old 2013-10-15, 04:36   Link #6
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Once again, too much Law. Honestly im losing my interest in his story within each part.
And now it seems like we will have more and more Law next week.

Also Violet seems like preparing the ground for her old crew to show off with their powers. Or hopefully she will find an excuse to keep playing with them. Anyway Im glad she is heading back, we will definitely see some of those mysterious guys pulling their weird tricks and devil fruits as soon as she enters the place.

Last edited by Rawrz; 2013-10-15 at 08:01.
Old 2013-10-15, 06:23   Link #7
Homura7

Seems One Piece will be on break next week.
Old 2013-10-15, 08:27   Link #8
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Edit: Uh, this hasn't been confirmed yet, but there's a Chinese spoiler summary that says the Caribou ministory involves him getting attacked by a dinosaur. If this is legit, then s*** just got realer than real......
Could it be Drake? If it's a T-rex, then it's definitely him. And even if it's not, I'm still adamant in Drake being a part of Kaido's crew.
Old 2013-10-15, 09:30   Link #9
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Interesting spoiler. I'd thought it would be a pure Law flashback, but perhaps the readership isn't ready for the "death flag" that would entail for Law...
Old 2013-10-15, 12:32   Link #10
Rainbowman

Only highlight for me is the silhouette of Kanjuro.
Old 2013-10-15, 15:14   Link #11
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I read a spoiler that Sanji was saying " to not worry about Law because he will be fine against doflamingo". So if true it does confirm that Law is much stronger than Sanji. Even Sanji himself said so.

As for Violet going back. I can see three possibility. 1) violet works for another faction/powerful group. ( revolutionaries? WG? Kaidou?, ...) 2) It's all part of Doflamingo's plan since he knows ( has researched) how strawhats are. So Violet really never trusted Sanji and was just following order. 3) She went back as a way to help out strawhats ( Sanji) , risking herself for their sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Interesting spoiler. I'd thought it would be a pure Law flashback, but perhaps the readership isn't ready for the "death flag" that would entail for Law...
What you mean death flag ? You mean him dying?

Well i think he can be considered a candidate to die for second half of the series tbh. Him or Maybe Sabo ( when introduced) and possibly Dragon.

I personally highly doubt he dies though, but definitely a candidate.
Old 2013-10-15, 16:57   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Seems One Piece will be on break next week.
Yeah, I missed it when it was first posted, but it does indeed look like there's gonna be a break next week. Should get that info added to the thread title so people don't keep asking about a chapter release during that time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Could it be Drake? If it's a T-rex, then it's definitely him. And even if it's not, I'm still adamant in Drake being a part of Kaido's crew.

Yes, I believe that Drake is the logical choice here when we think of a dinosaur. Still, if that part of the spoiler is legit then it basically confirms that Caribou got himself into even DEEPER doo-doo for messing with Kaidou's territory, lol.
Old 2013-10-15, 17:19   Link #13
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I read a spoiler that Sanji was saying " to not worry about Law because he will be fine against doflamingo". So if true it does confirm that Law is much stronger than Sanji. Even Sanji himself said so.
Was that ever even in question? Law has been presented as insanely strong and perhaps an equal to Luffy.
Old 2013-10-15, 18:37   Link #14
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
Was that ever even in question? Law has been presented as insanely strong and perhaps an equal to Luffy.
Yes to many people in previous threads talking about stuff like "MONSTER TRIO" and ... . Even though it's so obvious we still had a huge drama over this previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I missed it when it was first posted, but it does indeed look like there's gonna be a break next week. Should get that info added to the thread title so people don't keep asking about a chapter release during that time.....

Yes, I believe that Drake is the logical choice here when we think of a dinosaur. Still, if that part of the spoiler is legit then it basically confirms that Caribou got himself into even DEEPER doo-doo for messing with Kaidou's territory, lol.
Drakes is the first thing that comes to my mind as well. But i think there might another possibility as well. It could also be an Artificial Zoan ( version dinosaur) fruit user.
Old 2013-10-15, 18:58   Link #15
Dany Rangel

Strength is not the only thing that lets you fight better against some-one.

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-10-16 at 01:05. Reason: I made a mistake
Old 2013-10-15, 19:03   Link #16
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Sanji has been the better one of the three (generally/most cases) strategy wise. If Zoro and Luffy got caught or something, Sanji was generally the smart guy who didn't get caught and saved the crew. But overall Sanji is weaker than Luffy and Zoro. and arguably ( though imo not arguably) The gap between them is getting bigger specially after time skip as it should be.

A lot of people think since i am saying Sanji is weaker that i don't like Sanji. On Contrary i do like Sanji a lot as a character. It's just that i am trying to be objective here.
Old 2013-10-15, 20:26   Link #17
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
and arguably ( though imo not arguably) The gap between them is getting bigger specially after time skip as it should be.
There is no objective evidence for that.
Old 2013-10-15, 21:52   Link #18
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post

What you mean death flag ? You mean him dying?

Well i think he can be considered a candidate to die for second half of the series tbh. Him or Maybe Sabo ( when introduced) and possibly Dragon.

I personally highly doubt he dies though, but definitely a candidate.
Yeah. In most manga, it's kind of a trope where you show the flashback of someone as an easy way to either build backstory or as a prelude to killing them off (to increase the impact). Given that Law isn't part of the core Straw Hat crew, he doesn't enjoy plot armor.
Old 2013-10-15, 22:31   Link #19
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Yeah. In most manga, it's kind of a trope where you show the flashback of someone as an easy way to either build backstory or as a prelude to killing them off (to increase the impact). Given that Law isn't part of the core Straw Hat crew, he doesn't enjoy plot armor.
ya i know . But i think there are as much indications/hints that he might join them. Flashbacks could be for what you said ( setting up for his demise) or as has been the case before getting him ready to join the strawhats.

I think there is some level of similarity between Robin and Law's story/character. They both sort of claimed they were using the strawhats ( though they weren't) and basically had no plan to join/stick around.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2013-10-15 at 22:52.
Old 2013-10-16, 01:15   Link #20
marvelB

Hey guys, Aohige gave a chapter summary of the raw, and the contents pretty much match the first summary's perfectly. And yes BDK, it HAS indeed been confirmed that Drake attacks Caribou in the cover story! That pretty much makes it the chapter's highlight for me!
Closed Thread