Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-06, 17:55   Link #4361
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean DeCusac View Post
Here's melody on piano. (not from the anime)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAV_CfmNH58

That was a beautiful and flawless, piano performance of the 14th's melody. Thank you very much for the video. Hearing the piano song made my day.

I just hope that both the full piano and vocal versions of the 14th's song will come included in the third soundtrack.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-06, 18:34   Link #4362
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I just hope that both the full piano and vocal versions of the 14th's song will come included in the third soundtrack.
There's no track name like that in the third soundtrack's track listing, so i'm guessing it'll appear on the soundtrack that's being released with the 2nd stage 11th DVD that goes on sale next month.
Old 2008-12-07, 12:42   Link #4363
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
That was a beautiful and flawless, piano performance of the 14th's melody. Thank you very much for the video. Hearing the piano song made my day.

Yeah that really was a nice job done of it. Definitely reminds me of how much I'm looking forward to the song coming out. A good song and went together with a great part of the series.
Old 2008-12-10, 02:23   Link #4364
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I just finished marathoning(well, a week) this show because I've been reading the Witch Hunter manga, which is called the korean d.grayman(well I guess the similarities ARE there, though it feels more like Soul Eater than D.Grayman), so I thought I'd check it out. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

When people died, it actually FELT like something. Most shounen shows people die, and it's like 'oh well' and no one really cares. The exorcists didn't get too strong too fast(like in Bleach >.>) and the villians were excellent. It's something about the Earl that makes him too good. Maybe it's because he's fat and has a forever-smile on his face, yet is so fast and powerful, which is something you don't expect from a fat guy. Road and Tiki were pretty good too(glad Road isn't dead, she's my fav one ). There didn't feel like there were any fillers(maybe barring a ep or two in the first 25 eps), so the story kept moving along nicely. I've never read the manga, but they wrapped up the ending episodes pretty nicely. I always enjoy seeing Allen/Lenalee teamwork fights(well, Allen and just about anyone is cool). The Marshalls were badass and amazing. I'm glad they're so overpowered, as they should be, as I dislike seeing such calibur of people kicking ass one second, then the very next getting his ass kicked >.>.

Well I could make a huge list of all the things I liked about this(the only thing I really hated was the Kanda solo eps; he's annoying w/o any other exorcists), but I'll wrap it up by saying I thoroughly enjoyed this overall, even better than Bleach and Naruto. I hope they'll eventually come out with another season, since I wont be checking out the manga anytime soon, if at all.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 21:19   Link #4365
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I just finished marathoning(well, a week) this show because I've been reading the Witch Hunter manga, which is called the korean d.grayman(well I guess the similarities ARE there, though it feels more like Soul Eater than D.Grayman), so I thought I'd check it out. I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

When people died, it actually FELT like something. Most shounen shows people die, and it's like 'oh well' and no one really cares. The exorcists didn't get too strong too fast(like in Bleach >.>) and the villians were excellent. It's something about the Earl that makes him too good. Maybe it's because he's fat and has a forever-smile on his face, yet is so fast and powerful, which is something you don't expect from a fat guy. Road and Tiki were pretty good too(glad Road isn't dead, she's my fav one ). There didn't feel like there were any fillers(maybe barring a ep or two in the first 25 eps), so the story kept moving along nicely. I've never read the manga, but they wrapped up the ending episodes pretty nicely. I always enjoy seeing Allen/Lenalee teamwork fights(well, Allen and just about anyone is cool). The Marshalls were badass and amazing. I'm glad they're so overpowered, as they should be, as I dislike seeing such calibur of people kicking ass one second, then the very next getting his ass kicked >.>.

Well I could make a huge list of all the things I liked about this(the only thing I really hated was the Kanda solo eps; he's annoying w/o any other exorcists), but I'll wrap it up by saying I thoroughly enjoyed this overall, even better than Bleach and Naruto. I hope they'll eventually come out with another season, since I wont be checking out the manga anytime soon, if at all.
I agree with you. This show will let you think and feel for the dead characters too. I think it not only better than bleach and naruto, it also better than many anime. I think it’s one of the best anime I have even seen in my life.

Btw, did anyone know if Hoshino-sensei herself satisfy how the anime is or not?

Waiting patiently for the third soundtrack.
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:48   Link #4366
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I browsed through most of the good ep pages, but what's the general consensus on Lavi liking Lenalee liking Lavi and Allen liking Lenalee(no manga spoilers plz)?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 07:48   Link #4367
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Listening to the third soundtrack as we speak. It's missing a few pieces, though all the ones we wanted like the Musican piece (with lyrics), Marian's theme & the Gospel piece that was played during the Suman arc and when Allen made his decision just before Crown Clown started.
Old 2008-12-24, 17:23   Link #4368
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Offical title of the Musician's song is out;

"Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo"

Hearing the song in it's full glory is truely a wonderful experience

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 20:13   Link #4369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I was hoping they would have done the same thing as the anime did with 'In the Hand Which Is Connected by a Kiss', and that's have the first part just the piano piece and the second with the singing. Still can't complain seeing as though it's on the third soundtrack.
Old 2008-12-25, 22:06   Link #4370
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Merry Christmas!

At last, this is the moment that I've been waiting for.

I listened to the full third soundtrack for D.Gray-man, and it didn't dissapoint due that contains all of my favorite tracks that played in the anime.

I most say that of all the released soundtracks this one has the least relaxing or happy-note tracks in it like Chomesuke or Jasdevi theme songs, to name just a few other examples.

Most of the tracks are either battle songs, songs reflecting about a character, songs with an evil theme, or songs that revolve around a revelation or uncertainty.

Of course, I do not want to belittle the second soundtrack since it contains such great pieces of music like Suman's Togaochi theme and Tykki Mikk's theme.

It's just that the previous soundtrack had a few pieces of music that I liked about them in comparison with the first and the third soundtracks, respectively.

Nevertheless, this one has almost the full repertoire of songs that were played during the second stage of the anime.

The one's that I've been longing for to listen over and over are:
Track No. 1 - Hakushaku no Monologue. This one is the jukebox rendition of the Millenium Earl's theme song from the first soundtrack.
Spoiler for Those who may not have fully watched the second part of the anime:

Track No. 4 - Kami no Doukei.
Spoiler:

Track No. 5 - Yokan. There are several tracks in the soundtrack that are divided into two or three parts, and this is the first one of such.
Spoiler:

Track No. 14 - Nageki Senritsu. A haunting organ melody. Noise Marie's "Noel Organon" theme song.

Track No. 15 - Noah's Memory.
Spoiler:

Track No. 19 - Lavi no Kunou. This is an all-time favorite played multiple times whenever a main Exorcist character felt depressed about losing a dear comrade or reflecting about the past.

Track No. 21 - Fukuin. This one's, along with Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo, the one I was waiting for.
Spoiler:

Track No. 22 - Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo. This one's, along with Fukuin, the one I was also waiting for.

This track is the full, vocal version of the 14th's theme song played at episode 93.

Track No. 25 - Honbu Shuugeki. Another two-parter song.
Spoiler:

Track No. 26 - Cross Marian. Not need to tell anything else. Cross's theme song which compliments well his character.
Spoiler:

Track No. 27 - Darkness Four. Level 4's theme.

This song frightens me the most. The flute rendition played in this track seems to tell the tale of an evil imp at mischief, whose existence is of an unnatural origin.

BTW, according to the official D.Gray-man guide book, Allen was found and adopted by Mana on Christmas.

So that means, Happy Birthday to Allen.
Old 2008-12-26, 00:41   Link #4371
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Merry Christmas!

At last, this is the moment that I've been waiting for.

I listened to the full third soundtrack for D.Gray-man, and it didn't dissapoint due that contains all of my favorite tracks that played in the anime.

I most say that of all the released soundtracks this one has the least relaxing or happy-note tracks in it like Chomesuke or Jasdevi theme songs, to name just a few other examples.

Most of the tracks are either battle songs, songs reflecting about a character, songs with an evil theme, or songs that revolve around a revelation or uncertainty.

Of course, I do not want to belittle the second soundtrack since it contains such great pieces of music like Suman's Togaochi theme and Tykki Mikk's theme.

It's just that the previous soundtrack had a few pieces of music that I liked about them in comparison with the first and the third soundtracks, respectively.

Nevertheless, this one has almost the full repertoire of songs that were played during the second stage of the anime.

The one's that I've been longing for to listen over and over are:
Track No. 1 - Hakushaku no Monologue. This one is the jukebox rendition of the Millenium Earl's theme song from the first soundtrack.
Spoiler for Those who may not have fully watched the second part of the anime:

Track No. 4 - Kami no Doukei.
Spoiler:

Track No. 5 - Yokan. There are several tracks in the soundtrack that are divided into two or three parts, and this is the first one of such.
Spoiler:

Track No. 14 - Nageki Senritsu. A haunting organ melody. Noise Marie's "Noel Organon" theme song.

Track No. 15 - Noah's Memory.
Spoiler:

Track No. 19 - Lavi no Kunou. This is an all-time favorite played multiple times whenever a main Exorcist character felt depressed about losing a dear comrade or reflecting about the past.

Track No. 21 - Fukuin. This one's, along with Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo, the one I was waiting for.
Spoiler:

Track No. 22 - Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo. This one's, along with Fukuin, the one I was also waiting for.

This track is the full, vocal version of the 14th's theme song played at episode 93.

Track No. 25 - Honbu Shuugeki. Another two-parter song.
Spoiler:

Track No. 26 - Cross Marian. Not need to tell anything else. Cross's theme song which compliments well his character.
Spoiler:

Track No. 27 - Darkness Four. Level 4's theme.

This song frightens me the most. The flute rendition played in this track seems to tell the tale of an evil imp at mischief, whose existence is of an unnatural origin.

BTW, according to the official D.Gray-man guide book, Allen was found and adopted by Mana on Christmas.

So that means, Happy Birthday to Allen.
Thanks for the info there,Guido. Can't wait to listen the 3rd soundtrack.

Btw,anyone know which pieces of soundtrack are missing according to Shiroth?

Though I'm late but still want to say-MARRY CHIRSTMAS TO EVERYONE AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALLEN.
Old 2008-12-26, 02:11   Link #4372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol, I've completely forgotten about that

To one of my favorite Shounen character, Happy Birthday Allen

(Come to think about it, aren't there other anime characters that have their birthday on Christmas?)
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 05:43   Link #4373
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
There are still a few pieces missing from the third soundtrack, though there's the soundtrack being released with the 7th DVD next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
(Come to think about it, aren't there other anime characters that have their birthday on Christmas?)
Not really an anime (though there is an anime & manga adaptation), Arcueid from Tsukihime, Her birthday was yesterday.
Old 2008-12-26, 14:55   Link #4374
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Thanks for the info there,Guido. Can't wait to listen the 3rd soundtrack.

Though I'm late but still want to say-MARRY CHIRSTMAS TO EVERYONE AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALLEN.

Thank you, andrewsch5658!

As for your main question, the missing tracks that I can recall at the moment are:

1. The instrumental (non-vocal) version of Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo.

2. The vocal version of Jasdero & Debitto's lullaby.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-26, 17:04   Link #4375
GDB

If there's a full vocal version of that in the next tract listing, there better be a full version of Road's song from way back when. (The one about the Earl searching for the Heart.)
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 18:04   Link #4376
LordVolk

Question, probably been asked alot already, but when are the new eps coming out?
LordVolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 18:30   Link #4377
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
As for your main question, the missing tracks that I can recall at the moment are
Like i said there's more then that, especially around the Ark arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVolk View Post
Question, probably been asked alot already, but when are the new eps coming out?
Nothing as ever been said about more episodes being released. The show ended at episode 103.
Old 2008-12-27, 00:00   Link #4378
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There are still a few pieces missing from the third soundtrack, though there's the soundtrack being released with the 7th DVD next month.

Not really an anime (though there is an anime & manga adaptation), Arcueid from Tsukihime, Her birthday was yesterday.
Quote:
Thank you, andrewsch5658!

As for your main question, the missing tracks that I can recall at the moment are:

1. The instrumental (non-vocal) version of Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo.

2. The vocal version of Jasdero & Debitto's lullaby.
Spoiler:
Thank you,Guido and Shiroth. Hope they include the Jasdero & Debitto's lullaby. That song freaking me out to be honest but nevertheleast love it due to it's creepyness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If there's a full vocal version of that in the next tract listing, there better be a full version of Road's song from way back when. (The one about the Earl searching for the Heart.)
Count me in. This song also freak me out but still love it coz of it creepyness too.
Old 2008-12-27, 02:47   Link #4379
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Definitely loving the third soundtrack. Some really great songs were put in this one that's for sure. Just reminds you of some of the great moments of the series. Of course at the same time makes me wish there were more episodes .
Old 2008-12-27, 12:44   Link #4380
Renan Black

Perfect Soudtrack, huh? I really appreciate the darkest tone of it compared to the second OST's one. I just miss the piano version of "Tsunaida Te ni Kiss wo".
Renan Black is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk