AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-21, 13:53   Link #61
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Ahh.. I'm so late in posting.. =.= (gomenasai, not enough time lately to keep up with new anime lately)

Wow~! Episode three was shocking to say the least. For these sudden developments to appear so early on is a very good sign on that they plan to finish it with a bang. Expect drama and loads of it to come~ D.C. comparisons bye bye! ヾ(・ω・)ノ゛

Yukarin shot of the day~ or more like the only one...

Spoiler for Episode 3 Highlights:
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 14:02   Link #62
DanielSong39

After watching a few minutes of the raw...

This anime definitely has the potential to become one of the guilty pleasures of the season. Yeah, the show is unbelievably cliched, the animation is awful, and this story looks like one big train wreck - but that's exactly what makes this show worth watching. It easily falls into the "so bad it's good" category; it's cheesy beyond belief. Watching this show is like watching NASCAR - you're not watching it for the racing; you're watching it for the wrecks. And this show delivers in that aspect.

This show is something I'd denote as "superb garbage" (SG) - yes, it's a piece of junk, but it's junk as an art form. There is no way that people could try to produce something of high quality and come up with this. The key to "getting" this show is to realize that the show is intentionally bad - and that it's not all that easy to come up with something so laughably horrible that you can have a ball just making fun of the show.

Heck, I'd go as far as to say that this show, and not Kanon, is the ero-game conversion to watch in the fall. It's more fun to see people recognize the limitations of the genre and have fun with the premise - than to see a group of people try to produce the "greatest show of all time", and fall woefully short.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-10-21 at 21:42.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 23:00   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Yeah, the show is unbelievably cliched, the animation is awful, and this story looks like one big train wreck - but that's exactly what makes this show worth watching. [...] This show is something I'd denote as "superb garbage" (SG) - yes, it's a piece of junk, but it's junk as an art form. There is no way that people could try to produce something of high quality and come up with this. The key to "getting" this show is to realize that the show is intentionally bad - and that it's not all that easy to come up with something so laughably horrible that you can have a ball just making fun of the show.
The old saying comes to mind... "with friends like this, who needs enemies?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Spoiler for Episode 3 Highlights:
Spoiler:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 12:54   Link #64
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering, if this is an MFI production, then how come ASuki is listing it?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 13:08   Link #65
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just wondering, if this is an MFI production, then how come ASuki is listing it?
Unless there was a change in policy, I presume it was an oversight.
Old 2006-10-22, 13:56   Link #66
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Yes, I'm wondering the same thing

But since it is an MFI production, it shouldn't be listed on AnimeSuki (as stated in the first post of the thread).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 14:31   Link #67
martino
makes no files now

I was just going to point out the same...

Episode 2 was pretty good, I can already see the plot turning out in many interesting and dramatic ways...

Didn't anyone find the bit where he said: "Let's go, baby"
a bit strange? I don't know why, but it jus seemed weird to me...

Oh, and some fanservice too!
Old 2006-10-22, 14:57   Link #68
Utamaru

Compare Image : Gift and D.C.(?)
Spoiler:
Utamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 15:15   Link #69
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utamaru View Post
WTH at the second-last one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Well, I'm assuming you're talking about that-which-we-can't-discuss-here. Sounds like a bit of a "creative interpretation" of the dialog, which can be fine in small doses.
Old 2006-10-22, 15:39   Link #70
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah I agree with relentlessflame. The second to the last one was seemingly out of place. Shouldn't it have been a picture of Mai from Kanon? I mean, I'm pretty sure she was the one that popularized the Kendo girl with ponytail archetype.

And yeah, that purple haired girl struck me as a Nagato-clone, though to be fair they're really all clones of Rei.

Well at least it seems 'Kotori' has the upperhand in this show, lol! Take that, 'Nemu'! XD

But being serious now, I'm a big sucker for love triangles. For Eps. 2, it seems that both Kirino and Riko are getting aware of each other as rivals for love, and I can't wait for the next episode because of it. And that's enough to make this my 2nd favorite show of the season, since the contender before (Crescent Love) isn't as dramatic as this one. As they say, conflict drives drama, and nothing beats a love triangle as a conflict IMO.

Still, the thing that really got to me was when Riko was cleaning the toilet. As someone who had to stay over a relatives house over a large period of time, I can understand what Riko was feeling then. Heartwarming, to say the least.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2006-10-22 at 17:04.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 23:14   Link #71
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
That's just how Haruhiko is half of the time. He's sometimes act completely out of character that it just cracks me up~ Remember when he first greeted Chisa in the first episode?

*strikes deliquent pose* Yoroshiku!

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2006-10-22 at 23:27.
Old 2006-10-22, 23:27   Link #72
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Ok ill just go ahead and repeat like a recording what others have said...Its DC.

Ah but thats okay I suppose since I enjoyed DC abit, but at this point Haru is the only thing keeping me very interested since im not really sure what the guys gonna do next. The girls, while very cute, feel abt too copied from other shows atm.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 23:45   Link #73
DanielSong39

After 2 episodes...

Not bad; not bad at all. I really like the relationship between Riko and Haruhiko; it's refreshing to see the main coupling be so - comfortable around each other. The real strength in their relationship is that it works on so many levels - they can function as friends, as brother and sister, and as lovers with equal ease. Kirino never reaches this level of intimacy with Haruhiko despite having 7 years to catch up - which is why she is thinking about giving up on him.

With an interesting premise and a strong central relationship to work with, I can see this show upsetting Kanon as the best ero-game adaptation of the fall. And even it doesn't, it should gather an audience of its own - no question that it will be one of the more popular shows.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-10-23 at 01:37.
Old 2006-10-22, 23:57   Link #74
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Ok ill just go ahead and repeat like a recording what others have said...Its DC.
I think this anime has a stronger start than DC; but then again, D.C. Da Capo came on like gangbusters near the end. The drama in the second half of DC will be very difficult to top.

If this anime ends up being about as good as DC, I think most people would be very pleased. I've seen a few rankings among bishoujo game adaptions, and DC consistently ranks near the top.

One of the things this anime has going for it is that Riko is a very strong lead. She may not quite achieve Kotori-esque levels but she is definitely better than most.
Old 2006-10-23, 00:03   Link #75
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utamaru View Post
The counterparts to the three snobs in Gift can be found in To Heart. Here is a link to the picture:

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-10-23 at 00:24.
Old 2006-10-23, 01:05   Link #76
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

umuu~ a pretty huge change in opinion from your first post, no? ^^

To quote myself from a previous post I made before the before the anime aired~
Quote:
While DC and Gift are similar on the outside, once you get deeper into the storyline, it really diverges into something much different and dare I say better than D.C...?

Remember that this comment is from a big fan of the D.C. series!! Gift is a great game in itself (top ten on my list for 05) and has the potential to be a pretty big hit, especially since MFI is backing it's production.

(´・ω・`) Nyoro~o... don't judge a book by it's cover!
Old 2006-10-23, 01:34   Link #77
DanielSong39

Well, that teaches me not to judge a show halfway through the first episode. The animation is really the only part of the show that is lacking; plot, direction, and characters are pretty much spot on. The show manages to cover a lot of ground in 2 episodes without rushing through the material.

And the Riko-Haruhiko-Kirino dynamic alone is enough to push this anime into the above average category. Hopefully the side characters remain in the background and we get DC-level of drama from the trio in the upcoming episodes. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Riko for the win!
Old 2006-10-23, 06:53   Link #78
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
That's just how Haruhiko is half of the time. He's sometimes act completely out of character that it just cracks me up~ Remember when he first greeted Chisa in the first episode?

*strikes deliquent pose* Yoroshiku!

True...True...

He looks realy...ehmmmm...fu**ed up in that pic, I guess too many drugs don't do any good(I wonder if this has got anything to do with the Gift, he does sort of seem somehow attached to it)
He kinda seems to me like Danny Zuko from Grease. Acts like a total hard-ass sometimes, and like your average sweet guy another times...
Old 2006-10-23, 19:45   Link #79
DanielSong39

At the very least, this show ought to tide me over until D.C. II arrives - probably about a year from now.
Old 2006-10-24, 00:06   Link #80
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

An interesting anime,although not much happens yet except what seems to be a rivalry between the 2 main female characters.

One thing struck me though.While I don't mind a bit of fanservice every now and then,isn't she too young to have breast implants?
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, moonstone, olm, romance, supernatural