AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-24, 21:34   Link #1161
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually Index walked into the building and gave an explanation as to what was happening in the process. They should have consulted with her in the beginning.

You can just remember nothing can be taken for being true in this title. If a character mentions an absolute principle, it's going to be torn to shreds within the next 2 episodes.
Old 2008-11-24, 22:08   Link #1162
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Actually Index walked into the building and gave an explanation as to what was happening in the process. They should have consulted with her in the beginning.
Her "explanation" consisted of "Firestarter's mana is cut off here" and "there's a seal to prevent intruders from escaping". Not much help, and neither of them want to get Index involved in anything dangerous.
Old 2008-11-24, 22:36   Link #1163
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I don't know what is with all the hubub for ep 8 but I sure "enjoyed" it. As far as I can see it is just another arc though one that just appeared out of nowhere. Not that I have a problem with it so far as it is still entertaining to me.
But it is strange that they aren't following what happens in the manga after Touma losing his memories...*shrugs*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-11-24, 22:45   Link #1164
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But it is strange that they aren't following what happens in the manga after Touma losing his memories...*shrugs*
The manga skips the second volume, the anime does not; we've been over this before.
Old 2008-11-24, 22:50   Link #1165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I think what he means is why aren't they following the manga's lead on that.

For me, it's good to experience something new and intriguing so I'm not complaining.
Old 2008-11-24, 23:02   Link #1166
ReddyRedWolf

Because the manga isn't the original source material. The light novel is.
Old 2008-11-24, 23:29   Link #1167
Oxtail

What exactly was Index planning to do when she got there? Seriously? I can't think of a good reason for her to trek around the city hunting down Touma because of a comment he made about pudding other than a cheap way for the author to put her in the villan's grasp. Ugh. I, too, had high hopes for this series because of the first episode, but it seems every new episode has gotten more convoluted and meh.
Old 2008-11-24, 23:41   Link #1168
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You make it sound like Index knew what sort of trouble Touma and Stiyl got themselves into.
Old 2008-11-25, 06:03   Link #1169
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You make it sound like Index knew what sort of trouble Touma and Stiyl got themselves into.
Indeed. I've come across a lot of people calling Index stupid because she left the apartment, though it's not like anyone told her not to leave the apartment. She was worried about Touma, i mean for all she knew he could have been kidnapped. Seeing the ruins outside the apartment doesn't help.
Old 2008-11-25, 09:34   Link #1170
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
With regards to using magic while you are an Esper, from novel volume four, while you can still use magic, however it becomes self damaging while you are doing so. Which is the case here in this ep.
Spoiler for My reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Seeing the ruins outside the apartment doesn't help.
You mean Runes not Ruins.
Old 2008-11-25, 09:45   Link #1171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
You mean Runes not Ruins.
Yep i do. Thanks for that.
Old 2008-11-25, 10:33   Link #1172
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Spoiler for My reply:
Yes, they can. STARTING with volume 2. That's why I said it was a contridiction, compared to what was said in Vol.1. Of course, thankfully(?), the author has followed the contridiction/new rule ever since then...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-25, 10:55   Link #1173
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

@serenade_beta

Why did you change your avatar? I gonna miss BiriBiri.
Old 2008-11-25, 11:03   Link #1174
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
@serenade_beta

Why did you change your avatar? I gonna miss BiriBiri.
Since she hasn't got much screentime lately... So for now, another character I like. Refresh~
I might change it back when the anime gets to her volume... in two episodes?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-11-25, 12:28   Link #1175
Oxtail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Indeed. I've come across a lot of people calling Index stupid because she left the apartment, though it's not like anyone told her not to leave the apartment. She was worried about Touma, i mean for all she knew he could have been kidnapped. Seeing the ruins outside the apartment doesn't help.

I'm still not seeing exactly what she hoped to accomplish by going there. She's a little girl with really amazing memorization skills. Her most powerful ability(her clothing) doesn't even work anymore. If Touma was in trouble, how would her showing up help him at all?

The damsel in distress is one of the most common situations in action shows, but at least make the villan work for it! Having one of your main characters basically offer herself up as a free hostage is incredibly frustrating and lame. I'm not an author, but even I could think up a million better ways for Index to be taken hostage.
Old 2008-11-25, 12:49   Link #1176
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
I'm still not seeing exactly what she hoped to accomplish by going there.
Touma's in trouble, planning comes later. She's just a little girl who wants to help Touma, cut her some slack. If he's in trouble, she's going to want to help, whether she thinks it's magic-related or not.

And from her point of view, she knows more about magic than he does, hence her telling Touma to go home while she investigated that packet of mana right before Firestarter showed up.
Old 2008-11-25, 13:14   Link #1177
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Another late forum creation it seems! We have decided to create a new To Aru Majutsu no Index sub-forum, rather late but the series does run for 24 episodes after all.

Please continue the anime discussion in the appropriate To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode Discussion threads and only this this thread for more generic discussion
Old 2008-11-25, 14:01   Link #1178
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Wow so even Index gets a subforum now XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
The manga skips the second volume, the anime does not; we've been over this before.
Sorry, not a regular lurker anymore

But I can think of a good reason to follow the manga instead...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-11-25, 14:53   Link #1179
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Another late forum creation it seems! We have decided to create a new To Aru Majutsu no Index sub-forum, rather late but the series does run for 24 episodes after all.

Please continue the anime discussion in the appropriate To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode Discussion threads and only this this thread for more generic discussion
Finally, we got our own BOARD!!!!

Thank you good sir! I always wanted this series to have its own board, now it finally has.
Old 2008-11-25, 15:03   Link #1180
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Haa... I give up. To Aru it is... The whole forum has become like that anyways...

Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen