Cagalli Yula Athha 94 23.86%
Marina Ismail 117 29.70%
Soma Peries/Marie Parfacy 114 28.93%
Others (please list) 112 28.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 394. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-29, 07:06   Link #61
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

*sigh* Maybe I should re-watch all the episodes again. Season 1: I never really liked Marina. I'm waiting for some more episodes for me to like her. I hope so. I don't like disliking a certain character in the sense that I'm annoyed everytime he/she appears. It kinda ruins the show , in my case.

I like Soma. But now that she will not be allowed to fight because of Ale , I'm switching to Louise. ( I still like her , though.) She's getting Soma's suit and I hope she'll show how she's good in battle. Soma really rocked! But she died so..
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 21:34   Link #62
asphalt
Innovator

I actually quite enjoy Marina. I know many people find her useless and in need of development (I'll agree with the latter, to be honest) but I find her character to be quite realistic in the sense the she's a figure head and, really, what can she do to help her country that she hasn't done? She can't magically heal Azadistan with a pop song and a kawaii smile, which seems to be what a lot of people expect from her.

I do look forward to see her develop more and become more than a figure head but in a realistic way. Hopefully she won't develop awesome diplomatic powers in one night that make anyone else in the field involved pale in comparison to a young, pretty, special Princess.
asphalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 22:15   Link #63
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphalt View Post
I actually quite enjoy Marina. I know many people find her useless and in need of development (I'll agree with the latter, to be honest) but I find her character to be quite realistic in the sense the she's a figure head and, really, what can she do to help her country that she hasn't done? She can't magically heal Azadistan with a pop song and a kawaii smile, which seems to be what a lot of people expect from her.

I do look forward to see her develop more and become more than a figure head but in a realistic way. Hopefully she won't develop awesome diplomatic powers in one night that make anyone else in the field involved pale in comparison to a young, pretty, special Princess.
Yeah,hopefully she does turn out well,can't wait to see her next appearance.She probably beat Lacus Clyne & other female characters regarding popularity.Oh wait she already has,look like Marina just beat Soma/Marie by a milestone.Last time I saw this thread,it was a close between these two characthers.

Marina all the way.
Old 2008-11-29, 23:45   Link #64
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:

I hope she really improves. I mean , if you like at her character development scale , you'll see it appear like this:

---------------------==----------------------------------------------------------------
It's almost a straight line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
Yeah,hopefully she does turn out well,can't wait to see her next appearance.She probably beat Lacus Clyne & other female characters regarding popularity.Oh wait she already has,look like Marina just beat Soma/Marie by a milestone.Last time I saw this thread,it was a close between these two characthers.

Marina all the way.
I'm surprised. *sigh* I hope I like her soon so that I won't get annoyed every time she keeps appearing on the screen.
Old 2008-11-30, 00:01   Link #65
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:

I would prefer it if she smiles more..

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 00:04   Link #66
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I would prefer it if she smiles more..
BINGO! She won't help Setsuna become happy if she's soo gloomy herself.
Old 2008-11-30, 01:19   Link #67
Daril Gukku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
BINGO! She won't help Setsuna become happy if she's soo gloomy herself.
I know! I get so annoyed with her. Why is she sad? Because her country got destroyed--what kind of excuse is that? She should suck it up and move on with her life! No one cares if she's a charity case, useless and lost her home, she needs to radiate optimism.
Daril Gukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 01:32   Link #68
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daril Gukku View Post
I know! I get so annoyed with her. Why is she sad? Because her country got destroyed--what kind of excuse is that? She should suck it up and move on with her life! No one cares if she's a charity case, useless and lost her home, she needs to radiate optimism.
Actually, being the head of your country and it being destroyed is a pretty damn good excuse to be sad.

What is it with people wanting all of the characters to be fucking emotionless robots these days? Seriously, show an ounce of honest emotion and people think the character's full of wangst.
Old 2008-11-30, 04:12   Link #69
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
We agree on something. But not all. I understand how she feels. But if she were to support Setsuna, she should lighten up a bit. How can she help him when she keeps dragging him down even more?

I'm just waiting for her to improve. For now , I'm just annoyed.
Old 2008-11-30, 09:04   Link #70
Raikujin
finally had her fix

I don't hate Marina at all, but to be honest, she just doesn't interest me like some of the other female characters do. The only thing I look forward to a little is her interaction with Setsuna, like her pleas for Setsuna to stop fighting and how it is going to affect him. For now though, she's just a meh character.
Raikujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 09:08   Link #71
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

Murrue Ramius
Sumeragi Lee Noriega
Marie Parfacy
Kati Mannequin
Dianna Soriel
Emma Sheen
Tiffa Adill (she's so cute <3)
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 11:35   Link #72
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Well, that's a bit harsh. Imagine your home being destroyed...are you gonna get over it in a few days?

She just need a little more time. And from the look in ep. 10 preview, I'm pretty sure we will see some development in her.
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 12:15   Link #73
seravee
Missing Wonderful Tieria

asphalt, could we be friends? our thoughts are so similar
seravee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 16:24   Link #74
Daril Gukku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, being the head of your country and it being destroyed is a pretty damn good excuse to be sad.

What is it with people wanting all of the characters to be fucking emotionless robots these days? Seriously, show an ounce of honest emotion and people think the character's full of wangst.

Ah, I was being sarcastic. Marina is my favorite female character in this show. I thought it was obvious...but maybe there is just that many people who actually feel that way about her
Daril Gukku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 23:45   Link #75
neoeagle

Marina

Helplessness is irresistible.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 23:52   Link #76
Charred Knight

I chose

Rain Mikamura (Good looking smart, she apparently has an orgasm when first piloting Shining Gundam, can actually fight)
Allenby Beardsly (Easily the best female gundam pilot of all times, but not the best female gundam character)
Lacus Clyne (I found her insanely hot, and she was tolerable in Seed)

Others
Meer Campbell (Hot, and she had some interesting depth)
Murrue Ramius (also hot, and she was a good captain)
Natarle (Same as Murrue)
Talia (same as the three above)
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 00:58   Link #77
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Look at my name.. of course I'll choose Marina. I have been rooting for Setsuna and Marina since S1 and I will keep on rooting for them!
Old 2008-12-01, 16:30   Link #78
Master Mold
Banned

I'm stuck between Sayla Mass and Haman Karn.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 16:31   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
I'm stuck between Sayla Mass and Haman Karn.
You can vote for both you know.
Old 2008-12-01, 23:48   Link #80
Master Mold
Banned

lol, I just did.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote