AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-23, 20:22   Link #1
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Men at Work 2 help

This game is very close to driving me insane now. I've been playing it countless times, but no matter what I do and how much I shun her, I still end up with Lucy. Except when I make a minor effort to get Mina instead.

No matter how much or how little I interact with Lucy, she seems to be the default "score" for this game. Not a bad one, of course, but it would be nice to see what else this game has to offer (as in "play", not "download CG/save"). Of course, the game still being in Japanese, I can't get any detailed clues as to how to turn events in the direction I want, which situations to seek out and which to avoid.

Is there some kind of path branching early on in the game, a critical choice which locks me to those two girls only? I'm starting to think there is, since there seems to be no way to get any of the other girls with the earliest "core" savegame I'm using to restart now (saved right after Will and Airi leaves the Academy).

Oh, and please try to avoid spoilers if possible.

Another question: Is this game very unstable on Windows XP, or with ATI cards, or anything else? I keep getting random crashes every now and then. And every single time I try to use items outside battle, or change characters clothes, the game crashes, without fail. Doesn't make the game easier, having to start a battle with three half-dead people, and they get to move last...

Last edited by AG3; 2004-07-23 at 21:11.
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 20:25   Link #2
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

You could try looking for a walktrough here if you're desperate enough.
http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~nekoneko/
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 20:31   Link #3
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephronite
You could try looking for a walktrough here if you're desperate enough.
http://www.venus.dti.ne.jp/~nekoneko/
I know a few phrases in Japanese after watching anime for a little over a year, and I can read Hiragana, Katakana and a few Kanji...

But yeah, I'm desperate enough. Tried searching for "Men at Work 2" with Google (set to Japanese language results only) a few days ago, and with me knowing next to no Japanese, that's a pretty good definition of "desperate".

Thanks, I'll see if I find something (and make sense of it)
Old 2004-07-23, 20:48   Link #4
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Yeah, I finally found a walkthrough for each of the girls in one of the links on the address you gave me. I don't know if every step is critically accurate though, since it seems very specific about talking to Will and Airi at set times early on (which shouldn't directly influence the later characters). It's gonna be a bumpy ride with my knowledge of Japanese, but I'm way better off now than I was. Thanks!

*Edit*

The good thing about the guide is that it's very easy to use, plenty of spacing and good format makes it easy to read. The bad part about that is that it takes about 18-20 pages to print the path for just 1 girl... -_-;
Have to print it because the game becomes very unstable when you multi-task. I hope I have enough paper...

Last edited by AG3; 2004-07-23 at 21:11.
AG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 22:40   Link #5
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Did you try playing in Win98 Compatibility Mode? Since the game is quite old and all.
Anyway, good luck with your gaming.

*Waits for Izumo 2 to release next week*
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 16:49   Link #6
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephronite
Did you try playing in Win98 Compatibility Mode? Since the game is quite old and all.
Note to self: Next time, do what you would do with any English-language game; make sure you have the latest patch installed. I'm an idiot... -_-;;
Old 2004-07-29, 00:07   Link #7
Arthur-san

Talking Hope or endless torture......

K dunno if this is any use or not www.power3d.com/maw2.asp

I haven't heard about this guy in 6 months after mircx and aniverse complete got attacked and all but hopefully he will release it one day ^_^
Arthur-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:21   Link #8
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur-san
K dunno if this is any use or not www.power3d.com/maw2.asp

I haven't heard about this guy in 6 months after mircx and aniverse complete got attacked and all but hopefully he will release it one day ^_^
From what I've heard, it's still going.
Soulfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 14:43   Link #9
Top50

Post MAW2 translation is still going... of course !

and it was updated today... enjoy :
Top50 is offline   Reply With Quote