AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 03:00   Link #2041
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Maybe she though showing your diploma to alien marauders would convince them to not kill all mankind.

But it's true that it's a major inconsistency at how she changed from DB to DBZ/Kai. I mean, she was head over heels about marrying Goku for being stronger than her and the sort, and then did not like it despite the fact that he saved the Earth a dozen times with it.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:03   Link #2042
Vicious108

Maybe the show is sending the message that pregnancy makes women crazy.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:18   Link #2043
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Maybe the show is sending the message that pregnancy makes women crazy.
Nah, she was always crazy. And while Chi-Chi always wanted Gohan to be a scholar, I think it was so much crazy crap happening at once that pushed her over the edge. Early on, she seemed fine (though we don't really see much of her, she didn't seem too distressed that Goku and Gohan were gone longer than expected when Krillin showed up).

Then, Gohan disappears for close to a year. I forget if she knows he's being trained by a demon (as far as they knew, he was a demon and not a Namekian) at that point, but she knows he's gone as is her husband.

Then, her husband finally comes back from the dead, only to fight alien invaders. Oh yeah, her son's also fighting them. They barely win, and then her son instantly wants to go into outer space to revive those who had died. Goku is in the hospital at this point, but shortly goes after them.

Eventually they come back, she hears how monstrous the ordeal was, and that her husband is gone for another year.

I believe this is enough to adequately drive anyone insane.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 02:06   Link #2044
roriconfan
Banned

I say she got crazy for not doing the jiggy wiggy with Goku for all those years he was away training, fighting... or dying. I can only laugh at how much she threw herself on him before the Cell tournament and how that resulted to Goten.
(there is a hentai comedy one shot about it actually)
Old 2010-05-26, 08:14   Link #2045
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Chi Chi is a terrible character. Nuff said.
Old 2010-05-26, 08:46   Link #2046
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Chi Chi is a terrible character. Nuff said.
& that's why she was turned into an Egg.
Old 2010-05-26, 12:26   Link #2047
roriconfan
Banned

She also didn't offer anything to the series, other than her womb
Old 2010-05-26, 20:04   Link #2048
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& that's why she was turned into an Egg.
LOL. That was one of my favorite moments in the story. Super Buu did us all a favor by shutting her up .
Old 2010-05-29, 01:28   Link #2049
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
She also didn't offer anything to the series, other than her womb
this is so true. She is pretty much worthless.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 01:34   Link #2050
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_MkUltra View Post
English dubbed release airing tonight.

There is still one thing that's been bothering me. How are the new viewers going to understand what's going on? Don't they have to watch the original Dragonball first?

Nicktoons should have aired the original Dragonball months ago. (I'm not talking about DBZ. I'm talking about DB).
Dragonball is fairly unnessacary when it comes to DBZ. I watched DBZ before I even knew there was a dragonball. and it was very easy to catch on.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 06:13   Link #2051
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I don't know, so many characters make very little sense if you haven't watched Dragonball. I know that when I was a kid, I always wondered what the point of Yamucha, Tien, and Chiaotzu was until I watched Dragonball. Or another weird one was the Ox King, I always wondered why Gohan had a giant grandpa from his maternal side, lol.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 01:01   Link #2052
Alchemist007
*Author

Damn lots of ChiChi hate up in hea. Well anyways I just marathoned from the end of Namek to 57. Interesting seeing the same scenes with different lines, as I've only seen the dub DBZ before.
Old 2010-05-30, 04:12   Link #2053
Blaat

Spoiler for episode 59:
Old 2010-05-30, 12:25   Link #2054
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

After watching this, I just realized how accurate Piccolo's premonition is.

Spoiler for Episode 60:
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 12:47   Link #2055
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
Spoiler for Episode 60:
It's crazy how spoilerfic the previews started off being, though began to calm down a bit after Goku went super saiyan. Very strange.
Old 2010-05-30, 17:39   Link #2056
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

59 might have been the first episode where the pace was just too slow for my taste. I hope it's just this episode that was hard to addapt and not the whole saga.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 18:39   Link #2057
Casshern

Imo Dragonball was better than Z. All the characters mattered, it was more story-driven. The fights were more interesting and sometimes funny, rather than ki blasts all over the place. Goku vs Tao Pie Pie was one of my favourite arcs. When Picolo daimao entered the scene it was awesome. Back then when a character died it really made a difference, now it's like "You bastard, you killed Krillin! Now I have to go find the dragonballs all over again!". Goku should have gone SSJ the first time krillin died, or when he fought and defeated Picolo. He was much more furious back then.

Anyway, I have a little question. Why did Yamcha, Krillin, Tien and Chiaotzu never think of gathering the dragonballs and wish to become saiyans?
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 19:47   Link #2058
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Why did Yamcha, Krillin, Tien and Chiaotzu never think of gathering the dragonballs and wish to become saiyans?
For the same reason they didn't wish from the dragon to make the saiyans' spacepods simply change course to the nearest star instead of training for a year and wishing Goku back to life to do all the work himself.
Old 2010-05-31, 00:49   Link #2059
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
59 might have been the first episode where the pace was just too slow for my taste. I hope it's just this episode that was hard to addapt and not the whole saga.
It wasn't the first one to me, since there were a couple of Namek episodes which also felt slow, but yeah it was probably the biggest offender. Still enjoyable, but yeah.

Really digging the new tracks. If that is the Artificial Humans theme, then it is a very fitting one.

Haha, I didn't remember that 19 thought Yamucha was Goku (power level-wise). Way to sell the guy short.

And god I'd forgotten how awful Mayumi Tanaka's Yajirobe is these days. I guess she doesn't have it in her anymore to make it sound distinct from her Kuririn without it sounding horribly inhuman.

Also it's sad how Yajirobe who used to be a fairly cool character in DB and was actually vital in the fight against Vegeta is now just used to drop them beans and be blasted away. Well at least he still has it better than Chaozu, who Tenshinhan confirms in this episode to have been basically written out of the show.

Next episode should be more exciting. Though unfortunately it probably won't get to the next antecipated transformation sequence. (which I hope they'll get right this time)
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 04:16   Link #2060
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm just seriously glad we don't have to deal with 19's awful dub voice.

But yeah i'm alright with the pacing with this episode. No need to rush straight into what we'll see in next weeks episode. Really liked the new pieces of music. Especially the one used when the Artificial Humans first appeared in the sky.