AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 16:01   Link #601
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Anywhere to buy guns for a Robot Damashii (yes im still upset the GM Sniper II didnt come with a 90mm Machine gun )

Last edited by Dragonar Fan; 2011-09-28 at 21:55.
Dragonar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 21:56   Link #602
Eater of All
NOM

I looked in the last few pages and nobody seems to have talked about it so... anyone know where I can possibly find a anime USB drive? Bit of an obscure merchandise to look for, but that Mami flash drive I saw a while ago made me want to get something similar.
Old 2011-10-13, 06:08   Link #603
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Anyone Know Where You Can Buy a Magatama Necklace?

Similar to the one the Sage of the Six Paths wore in Naruto? They are really cool pieces of work I would love to own one.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Magatamarm.jpg
Youko Recca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:41   Link #604
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I looked in the last few pages and nobody seems to have talked about it so... anyone know where I can possibly find a anime USB drive? Bit of an obscure merchandise to look for, but that Mami flash drive I saw a while ago made me want to get something similar.
http://www.hlj.com/product/BET13068
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 21:49   Link #605
Eater of All
NOM

Sorry, I might've been unclear. I meant USB flash drives.
Old 2011-10-14, 22:01   Link #606
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Sorry, I might've been unclear. I meant USB flash drives.
Sorry. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=155922
Includes links to Domo-kun drive, Japanese food flash drive, Evangelion drives, and more.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 14:43   Link #607
Eeni

I know I'm probably S.O.L. here, but by any remote chance, might anyone know where I can hunt this resin kit down:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10021685

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 00:27   Link #608
Puddingman

Hey hey has anyone been to Book Off in NYC? I'm down in PA and thinking about visiting it one day on a weekend. Is this a decent place? How is it to find? I've never been to NYC before but I'm very familiar with Philadelphia so I feel confident in finding my way around.
Old 2011-11-23, 13:44   Link #609
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

I'm sorry if this has been talked about already but, what does anyone here think about J-List? Is it a reputable site and is it good for importing books/games or the sort?
Old 2011-11-24, 05:21   Link #610
hyl
reading #hikaributts

J-list is not bad, but for me it'also a litle more expensive than most other shops. I only buy from them if i want a magazine that's sold out in other shops. Most of the time they still have it.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 15:16   Link #611
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
J-list is not bad, but for me it'also a litle more expensive than most other shops. I only buy from them if i want a magazine that's sold out in other shops. Most of the time they still have it.
Thanks for the help!
Old 2011-11-25, 07:52   Link #612
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
J-List has magazines other shops don't because their prices are like, 50% more expensive than anywhere else so they aren't sold as fast >.<. Not to mention the shipping.. The costs are high, and the packing is awful. You know when you buy a magazine for the goodies it comes with (posters), and you get a bent magazine, it really pisses you off because the poster you wanted is now ruined. I've had this happen two times with J-List ; Never buying from there again.

(They pack, or at least used to pack their magazines in envelope type of things... Totally unacceptable. HLJ packs them in cardboard boxes which is good.)

With that said, I would suggest for you to buy from HLJ. As far as I've seen, it's one of the cheapest shops around. I personally buy from Amazon.co.jp for various reasons, but their shipping costs are probably not something you can afford.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:55   Link #613
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
J-List has magazines other shops don't because their prices are like, 50% more expensive than anywhere else so they aren't sold as fast >.<. Not to mention the shipping.. The costs are high, and the packing is awful. You know when you buy a magazine for the goodies it comes with (posters), and you get a bent magazine, it really pisses you off because the poster you wanted is now ruined. I've had this happen two times with J-List ; Never buying from there again.
Maybe you should look to your own postal service for the blame since it seems your the only one who complains about their packing.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 10:48   Link #614
Dist

Just because you don't see anyone complaining in Animesuki means that J-List packs their stuff well? Yeah, makes sense, since there's soooo many J-List shoppers who've posted in this thread .. Yup indeed.

Since you don't seem to get it, shall I explain once more? If a shop packs their stuff badly, then of course my postal service will get the package ruined, BECAUSE IT WAS PACKED BADLY. If it was packed properly, would it arrive in one piece? Yes. It would.

In what kind of package would YOU expect a magazine to arrive? In an envelope that is about to tear and lose it's contents, or a cardboard box?

Something to think about for you -_-
Old 2011-11-25, 14:12   Link #615
Akemi Homura

Actually, here, regular magazines usually are mailed in either envelopes or inside a layer of thin plastic wrap. I can't say anything about imported ones, but the idea isn't that strange because it's much cheaper to mail an envelope than a package.

Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.
Akemi Homura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 16:14   Link #616
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I get my magazines that i order from amiami in boxes and i hate it. Because i am not always home, those packages end up at my neighbours and i am sure they find it annoying that i am pretty much using them as a storageplace. Those cheaper envelopes can fit through my mailbox, unless it has a big bonus item.
Old 2011-11-25, 18:10   Link #617
Dist

And what happens when you stuff five magazines into an fragile and weak envelope? The envelope might rip, or the contents might, and most likely will bend.

If each magazine was shipped separately, each in their own envelope, it could be okay .. But stuffing them all in the same one..? And their shipping costs are hardly justified when you look at the packing methods. I'll be happy to pay for properly packaged goods, but when I pay high for an .. envelope .. I'm not really getting what I pay for, now am I?
Old 2011-11-25, 18:51   Link #618
hyl
reading #hikaributts

I only buy magazines that are sold out in the cheaper shops from them, so it's at most 2 magazines and those fit in the envelope. Eventhough it's not as sturdy as boxes, their envelopes are not bad compared to things that i bought from ebay.
Old 2011-11-26, 08:06   Link #619
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Just because you don't see anyone complaining in Animesuki means that J-List packs their stuff well? Yeah, makes sense, since there's soooo many J-List shoppers who've posted in this thread .. Yup indeed.

Since you don't seem to get it, shall I explain once more? If a shop packs their stuff badly, then of course my postal service will get the package ruined, BECAUSE IT WAS PACKED BADLY. If it was packed properly, would it arrive in one piece? Yes. It would.

In what kind of package would YOU expect a magazine to arrive? In an envelope that is about to tear and lose it's contents, or a cardboard box?

Something to think about for you -_-
Sorry but one place I've ordered magazines from sends them in envelopes and none of them ever came damaged.

So my point stands that it is most likely you domestic postal service just doesn't give a damn and treats your packages like garbage.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 04:12   Link #620
Nikkan

So I usually don't order a lot of things, but recently I've started buying magazines (Magami, Nyantype etc) for the last 3 months. I usually ordered at CDJapan (Amiami/Hobbysearch for figs) because I like their layout and cheap prices. Yesterday a friend online warned me not to buy there anymore because their shipping increased and that they weigh the items unfairly to make it cost more. Is it true? Are there any easy ways to compare shipping/prices with other shops?

Also, when I ordered things from Amiami with SAL it took about 2 weeks to arrive and when ordering with SAL from CDJapan it took a month. Does this have anything to do with the store or is it completely up to SAL?
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime