AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 03:09   Link #2041
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

uhmmm, what the? HTT sings on London Olympics?

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/si...remonies-2.asp
(they're #135 now)
i just voted for them. they should also perform there because of the impact of the movie...
(i sure hope they do. i'll spend all my money just to go to London...)
Old 2012-01-23, 02:26   Link #2042
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

In the Come With Me live concert, is that Tom H@ck on Guitar? that is Tom H@ck! very cool!, Also who's the other guitarist?

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-01-23 at 02:54.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-24, 03:53   Link #2043
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

^ uhmmm, which song in particular? correct me if i'm wrong, but Tom H@ck is the one who wrote the lyrics of Cagayake!GIRLS, right? (too lazy to check the internet, and i won't as a protest against SOPA, hahaha. specially the first part)
Old 2012-01-24, 08:43   Link #2044
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
^ uhmmm, which song in particular? correct me if i'm wrong, but Tom H@ck is the one who wrote the lyrics of Cagayake!GIRLS, right?
Tom-H@ck is on guitar throughout the show (both shows, actually). He didn't write lyrics, but he's the composer of (off the top of my head) Cagayake!GIRLS, GO!GO!MANIAC, Utayo!!MIRACLE, Fuyu no Hi and many of the character songs.
Old 2012-01-26, 20:05   Link #2045
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Mio Would love these pictures

Spoiler for Picture:

Band on the Run Paul Playing some sweet bass lines in Africa 1973

Spoiler for Picture:

Paul McCartney on a flipped Fender Bass
Old 2012-02-25, 23:00   Link #2046
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

After re-watching K-ON!!, in Ep06 I noticed Yui got tired after re-stringing her guitar. Which to me, restringing is huge hassle.

notice how she went through like five packs of strings. I can relate.. I suck at putting strings back onto a guitar. I typically break a string while trying (the E or B strings). It sucks because if you break one string you would have to buy an entire new set of strings because they only sell one of each. I once went through 4 packs (each pack of strings is like 5 buckaroos) just too get it right.. I have respect for those who can Re-string. Its a skill that has too be mastered.

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-02-28 at 22:03. Reason: changed it to Jpeg Img
Old 2012-03-01, 03:00   Link #2047
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

^ wait, are those five packs/sets of strings, or are they just the packaging of the individual strings in one set? anyways. restringing is a talent. i still haven't mastered it, i still kept on getting fewer/more wounds than what i like. once, it took me 2 sets because i broke the first string on my first try (and still, the second try was not perfect)

and for other stuff. i salute this fan. this is what you call DEDICATION
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-film-in-japan
Old 2012-03-01, 04:39   Link #2048
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
^ wait, are those five packs/sets of strings, or are they just the packaging of the individual strings in one set? anyways. restringing is a talent. i still haven't mastered it, i still kept on getting fewer/more wounds than what i like. once, it took me 2 sets because i broke the first string on my first try (and still, the second try was not perfect)
I've never heard of D'Addario packaging strings like that so I assume it must be sets of strings.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 05:08   Link #2049
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

^XD . ok, you got me. i failed at acting cool. i never did buy D'Addario before, so i don't really know. so she had to go to 5 full sets? and Ritsu's reaction to the moment explains it all.

Last edited by LightMusicBand; 2012-03-01 at 09:37.
LightMusicBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 22:41   Link #2050
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, my strings tend to come in a pack with each string individually packaged. But whatever...
Old 2012-03-04, 23:15   Link #2051
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hmmm, my strings tend to come in a pack with each string individually packaged. But whatever...
whoa really? what kind of strings do you use? Typically for D'Addario each string inside the pack are separated by a white paper plastic case. I can imagine the reason why they do this in-order too save money instead of reprinting each pack per string.

Quote:
holy smokes!

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2012-03-04 at 23:50.
Old 2012-03-05, 02:37   Link #2052
trenton_dawn
Silt

I've heard of individually packed strings before, but usually those don't include the whole outer packaging. Anyway, when I order, this is the way the strings come packaged, all 6 in one bag.
Spoiler for image:
Old 2012-03-06, 02:18   Link #2053
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
whoa really? what kind of strings do you use? Typically for D'Addario each string inside the pack are separated by a white paper plastic case. I can imagine the reason why they do this in-order too save money instead of reprinting each pack per string.

holy smokes!
errr, yeah, that's what I was trying to describe... Trenton's picture for the win.

And I just noticed that every single package around Yui is an outer package... my gods, the carnage of string

I think I've broken ONE string putting on new ones in my entire life o.O
Old 2012-03-06, 03:24   Link #2054
trenton_dawn
Silt

I think I've only broken maybe 4 strings total, but 2 were cheap beginner-quality high E strings so I dunno if they count. The other two were kind of interesting, one I broke while trying to tune my Floyd Rose because I hadn't adjusted the fine tuners properly, and the other was on my beginner guitar where—get this—I managed to snap the nut in half while restringing, right where the G string goes, which broke that G string, of course. I managed to reattach the nut with some super glue but those bottom 3 strings have never sounded the same.
Old 2012-03-06, 11:06   Link #2055
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Maybe d'Addario changed their packaging. I remember buying their packs of strings with such individual string paper envelopes. Perhaps that's how they are packaged in Japan still.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 13:18   Link #2056
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Maybe d'Addario changed their packaging. I remember buying their packs of strings with such individual string paper envelopes. Perhaps that's how they are packaged in Japan still.
I've bought strings packaged like that before—not D'Addario, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did that too at some point or maybe for certain string types. Still, I'm pretty sure that doesn't explain all the outer packaging strewn on the floor around Yui!
Old 2012-03-06, 14:45   Link #2057
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well this is Yui we are talking about.
Old 2012-03-06, 14:46   Link #2058
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^Other than her just being really, really bad at restringing her guitar, which, given how it's Yui we're talking about, wouldn't surprise me one bit.
Old 2012-03-09, 18:31   Link #2059
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Girl Bands.... if K-On! took more of Sawa-chan's advice:

(the group is called ThundHerStruck, an AC/DC tribute band -- I understand AC/DC approves, heh, yes this is a "garage band" having fun)
Old 2012-04-12, 21:47   Link #2060
sa547
*Author

Oh, I love good news in the morning:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...c-guitar-sales
Quote:
The Sankei News reported on Saturday that electric guitar imports reached an all-time high last year, driven by a growth in sales of low-priced models to school-aged females that the article credits the K-ON! series for contributing to.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-15 at 12:36.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen