AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 01:06   Link #221
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Now we all know what's going to happen next for Elen and Tigre *smirk*
Not if Lyudmila has anything to say about it (later)!

Time to go back to Volume 4 and read about how Tigre is going to match a Muozinel army of 20,000 strong with his troops of 2,000. I'm already trembling with excitement just thinking about it.
Old 2012-09-17, 01:08   Link #222
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post

Time to go back to Volume 4 and read about how Tigre is going to match a Muozinel army of 20,000 strong with his troops of 2,000. I'm already trembling with excitement just thinking about it.
Ooo I'm excited just by thinking about it! Really gotta get around to read that ~ Booklist too big >_< wish i have a couple more eyes
Old 2012-09-17, 05:49   Link #223
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

For those who have read the LNs, have any of you noticed how:

Spoiler for Conditions to using Tigre's Bow:
Old 2012-09-17, 09:53   Link #224
willx
Nyaaan~~

Thanks Erhjegel! Your summaries and enthusiasm have definitely revived and encouraged interest in this awesome light novel! Keep 'em coming and glad you enjoy the story!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 11:44   Link #225
whsie

Quote:

Time to go back to Volume 4 and read about how Tigre is going to match a Muozinel army of 20,000 strong with his troops of 2,000.
Lol, the 20,000 strong is just the vanguard. The main force is behind.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 12:33   Link #226
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, I was reading through EnigmaticAxion's cleaned up machine translations for Vol 1 .. after Tigre rescues Teita.. did he just catch an arrow in flight with his bare hands!?
Old 2012-09-17, 13:03   Link #227
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wonder if Tigre can use bow in close quarter combat like Raven from Tales of Vesperia.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 18:05   Link #228
Kna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I wonder if Tigre can use bow in close quarter combat like Raven from Tales of Vesperia.
He might need to choose "point blank shot" feat on his next level-up first
Kna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:20   Link #229
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So, I was reading through EnigmaticAxion's cleaned up machine translations for Vol 1 .. after Tigre rescues Teita.. did he just catch an arrow in flight with his bare hands!?
Yes, but his hands got injured in the process.

Anyway, can someone explain to me about:
Spoiler:
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:51   Link #230
Ddraig

Tygre might not be able to wield sword like Durandal but there might be possibility that in the future he can draw power from it like how he draw it from Viralt.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:58   Link #231
blackwhite67
Banned

Oh! Maybe Durandal will choose Princess/Prince Legunas! She's certainly got spunk. She cross dressed as a boy to serve the country after all, which makes her an excellent successor to Roland.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:43   Link #232
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Spoiler for 2000 versus 20000, one chunk at a time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Lol, the 20,000 strong is just the vanguard. The main force is behind.
Indeed. At first glance though, it seems that Tigre is simply overwhelmed by sheer number. But once the actual campaign got underway, I was very much engaged at the development of the battle against the 20,000. The 40,000, now that's what scares me. Can't wait to see Lyudmila's appearance and see what she does!

Quote:
Yes, he did. He saw the archer from afar (no one can shoot as far as Tigre can) and caught the arrow with his hand, then fired it right back at the hapless archer. That's how he started bleeding on the black bow
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Close-quarter combat has been and always will be Tigre's weakness; he desperately needs protection from close quarter combatants, and that's what Elen (and soon, Lyudmila) complements Tigre with in their fighting style. Elen/Mila to engage enemies in close combat and divert attention away from Tigre, while Tigre snipes enemy commanders and generals from afar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Tygre might not be able to wield sword like Durandal but there might be possibility that in the future he can draw power from it like how he draw it from Viralt.
It might be possible, who knows? But at this stage of the war (from where I am at reading), very much unfeasible. Only Roland had the strength to wield Durandal; as it is, it is simply a very heavy great sword to every one else. Plus, everyone has literally no idea what the sword is and what it can do; Tigre bringing along a heavy great sword which he himself has no idea what it does (and only slowing down his mobility) into a war, much less a war where the enemy's numbers greatly outnumber him, would do him no good. As it stands, it is merely a glorified medal of honor at this point.

But I don't think this is possible. After all, as Drechvach and Vuojinev mentioned,
Spoiler for Bow and Sword:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Anyway, can someone explain to me about:
Spoiler:
Haven't reached that part yet unfortunately. If I recall, Elenore mentioned that Alexandra's sickness progressed to the point that she's bedridden only recently, though I'm not sure. I'll have to read on more to find out.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-17 at 22:03.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:27   Link #233
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Haven't reached that part yet unfortunately. If I recall, Elenore mentioned that Alexandra's sickness progressed to the point that she's bedridden only recently, though I'm not sure. I'll have to read on more to find out.
Whoa, that means she's incapacitated for the time being. That brings me one question:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-17, 22:35   Link #234
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Whoa, that means she's incapacitated for the time being. That brings me one question:
Spoiler:
Exactly! That's the thing!

Spoiler for Alexandra:

I am thinking that Alexandra, Elizabetha, Valentina and then Olga are going to be focused on come the later volumes and the second arc of the story.
Old 2012-09-17, 22:41   Link #235
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ WOO! Thanks for more summaries Erhjegel! Reading EnigmaticAxiom's "full" machine translation of Vol 1 was awesome, and these just keep me hungry for more!

Quote:
Yes, he did. He saw the archer from afar (no one can shoot as far as Tigre can) and caught the arrow with his hand, then fired it right back at the hapless archer. That's how he started bleeding on the black bow
Okay.. did he catch it as in use his hand to block it (taking the hit) or just grabbing it mid-flight? Cause if he caught it mid-flight, he has no right to complain about Elen blocking his shots with his sword..

Seriously.. firing arrows further than anyone else can is one thing but catching one mid-flight and no one even comments on it!?
Old 2012-09-17, 22:49   Link #236
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Okay.. did he catch it as in use his hand to block it (taking the hit) or just grabbing it mid-flight? Cause if he caught it mid-flight, he has no right to complain about Elen blocking his shots with his sword..

Seriously.. firing arrows further than anyone else can is one thing but catching one mid-flight and no one even comments on it!?
He caught it prematurely by the arrowhead part mid-flight before it hit Tita. The bit about him being able to fire farther than anyone else was to hint at him judging the distance the arched fired from, calculated the speed of the arrow and then catching it before it could hit Tita, all subconsciously done.

Here's how it went, in case it was confusing:
Spoiler for Arrow Catch:

After all, when you're the (unknown) patron saint and deity of archery, I suppose you're allowed to show off here and there (I jest).
Old 2012-09-17, 22:58   Link #237
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Okay, he can't complain anymore. The ability to catch arrows mid-flight is ridiculous. That's even harder than deflecting it with a weapon.. Why the hell was he complaining about Elen!?
Old 2012-09-17, 23:09   Link #238
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
^ Okay, he can't complain anymore. The ability to catch arrows mid-flight is ridiculous. That's even harder than deflecting it with a weapon.. Why the hell was he complaining about Elen!?
You have to remember that, up until this point, all Tigre has been doing is hunting. This was his first engagement with another human enemy; a Vanadis at that.

Spoiler:

Honestly, I didn't really like the "catching the arrow" bit, seeing as it never gets brought up again. It was just cheap and done to make Tigre look cool. But I guess Japan has a thing for the whole "catching arrows" stuff.

Also, I'd rather not address the whole possibility or not of catching arrows, seeing as it's a very long-debated issue with stuff like this saying it's possible and stuff like the MythBusters test saying its not, and some people believe mushin and years of training lets them be able to do that.
Old 2012-09-17, 23:17   Link #239
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Honestly, I didn't really like the "catching the arrow" bit, seeing as it never gets brought up again. It was just cheap and done to make Tigre look cool. But I guess Japan has a thing for the whole "catching arrows" stuff.

Also, I'd address the whole possibility or not of catching arrows, but it's a very long-debated issue with stuff like this saying it's possible and stuff like the MythBusters test saying its not, and some people believe mushin and years of training lets them be able to do that.
This whole "catching arrow" thing sounds kinda lame and forced (The author just want to make him look cool). I'd prefer Tigre deflects incoming arrow using his arrow shoot.

On an unrelated note, this series seems like lacking fanservice severely.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-17, 23:21   Link #240
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
This whole "catching arrow" thing sounds kinda lame and forced (The author just want to make him look cool). I'd prefer Tigre deflects incoming arrow using his arrow shoot.

On an unrelated note, this series seems like lacking fanservice severely.
Spoiler:
Didn't really like the arrow bit myself. The writing for volume 1 still remains pretty solid and consistent except for that bit, which I have reservations for. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I'd like to think his editor/publisher forced him to put in a "cool" scene for Tigre (I'm looking at you, MF Bunko...) hence why we got that scene, because it really doesn't fit anywhere and is completely inconsistent with the rest of the author's writing. Either that or he suffers chuunibyou on occasion.

Too much fanservice actually deviates from the good writing and events that unfold. Also, most of those fanservice moments are in character and have pretty good scenes and circumstances involving them, not just thrown in. Personally, the amount of fanservice involved is just about right. I don't want it taking over the flow and pacing of the story just for some cheap boobs and asses or whatever.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)