AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 19:38   Link #1
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Kick-Ass 2 (2013)

Let face it, most of us will not watch this sequel for the plot because we all know it will not be a true adaption since the original was watered down into a black comedy. What we will watching for is more Chloë Grace Moretz as Hit-Girl.

So how will she look like after 3 years or so ? Here's some photo from the set :-

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's good that Moretz's.....development still left room to portray Hit Girl faithfully. Her face had matured her bit, but since we don't get to look at them most of the time, it's her acting and bust line that is important.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 06:01   Link #2
HasuMasu
*Artist

Loved the first movie even more than the comic. (yeah, I know...I was a bit shocked too)

So this, to me, is fabulous news.
Old 2012-09-18, 07:32   Link #3
james0246

Kick-Ass 2 is a far larger story than the first one, so I am very interested to see just what is covered and what is left out. (And yes, this will be watered down again because the comic sequel was very bleak at times.)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 10:51   Link #4
Animexcel

You know that person in the Hit-Girl costume is a stunt double, right? I'm sure Chloe will ride the ducati rigged to a camera truck for close ups.

I enjoyed the first Kick-Ass movie and I'm glad they changed some things that happened in the comic, otherwise we wouldn't have had that epic warehouse rescue scene. They did keep a lot of the things from the comic, but the director gave some heart to it and what he changed were for the better.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 11:09   Link #5
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
You know that person in the Hit-Girl costume is a stunt double, right? I'm sure Chloe will ride the ducati rigged to a camera truck for close ups.
Those are the only shots I can find which feature Hit-Girl in her bike get-up.

In regards to keeping the adaption true, a lot of people will look at Jim Carrey differently if they stick to how the comic is.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-09-18 at 11:23.
Old 2012-09-18, 12:25   Link #6
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Those are the only shots I can find which feature Hit-Girl in her bike get-up.

In regards to keeping the adaption true, a lot of people will look at Jim Carrey differently if they stick to how the comic is.
There are other photos of Hit-Girl coming out, mostly from stunt double filming. Chloe is seen partially in costume only with a mask and wigcap.

I've read the comic. It doesn't bold well for his character, unless they changed it. Mark Millar says one thing, then Aaron Johnson says another; we'll have to see.
Old 2012-09-25, 19:59   Link #7
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Colonel Stars :-
Images
Never thought that I'll see the day where Carrey actually looks old.

Red Mist :-
Images
They changed the costume from the comics, does that mean they will change the name too ?

Night Bitch :-
Images
From the first look, it obvioused that the costume toned downed from the comics. Perhaps we'll get a stripped down version later on ?
Old 2012-09-25, 23:21   Link #8
Animexcel

Quote:
Colonel Stars :-

Never thought that I'll see the day where Carrey actually looks old.

Red Mist :-

They changed the costume from the comics, does that mean they will change the name too ?

From the first look, it obvioused that the costume toned downed from the comics. Perhaps we'll get a stripped down version later on ?
You didn't read the comic I see.
He is no longer called Red Mist. He's called The Motherfu**ker. There's also a picture of Dr. Gravity, who's pretty faithful to the comic design. The most changed is the Remembering Tommy couple.

Jim Carrey is wearing prosthetic make up. I could see he's wearing a fake nose and some scars without the mask on.
Old 2012-09-26, 00:35   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You didn't read the comic I see.
He is no longer called Red Mist. He's called The Motherfu**ker. There's also a picture of Dr. Gravity, who's pretty faithful to the comic design. The most changed is the Remembering Tommy couple.

Jim Carrey is wearing prosthetic make up. I could see he's wearing a fake nose and some scars without the mask on.
No. I thought that by referring the character to his old name would be less vulgar. Hence my comments about them redesigning the MF's costume, hinting that the move might not stick to the character's new name, but the old one, opting a safe route.
Old 2012-09-26, 10:59   Link #10
Animexcel

Quote:
No. I thought that by referring the character to his old name would be less vulgar. Hence my comments about them redesigning the MF's costume, hinting that the move might not stick to the character's new name, but the old one, opting a safe route.
You know this movie is gonna be rated R anyway, so why be safe?
Old 2012-09-26, 17:56   Link #11
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
You know this movie is gonna be rated R anyway, so why be safe?
Well, MF is still considered to be quite a coarse word by itself today. Unlike F which had lost much of it's impact.

I think there's a rule also in Hollywood which limits how many times MF can be uttered in a film. Plus I don't believe Mintz-Plasse wants to have MF as an alias.
Old 2012-09-26, 17:59   Link #12
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They is rating and then there is marketability. It would be next to impossible to market someone named MF and you couldn't run the usual media spotlight shows and magazine ads with that name used.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:08   Link #13
Animexcel

That rule only goes for PG-13 movies. Example: Mr. & Mrs. Smith used the F word once. I believe the director mentioned you could only use the F word 2 times in a PG-13 movie when commenting on the scene.

Director of the first Kick-Ass, Matthew Vaughn joked with Mintz-Plasse a bit about the whole Mclovin thing. He looked annoyed when Matthew poked fun about what the "M" on his costume really was. It's not his decision to change the MF. They're gonna keep it in and he didn't seem bothered by it.

With a title like "Kick-Ass 2", I assume it will only run commercials during primetime television without even mentioning the name of MF. I'm sure we'll get a redband uncensored trailer like the first one did online.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:16   Link #14
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

It will be best if they can remain faithful to the comics and retain the character's name, but it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't due to internal politics.

And look, Moretz actaully looks better on that bike in casual than her Hit-Girl costume :-

Images
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/some...r-mintz-plasse
Old 2012-09-26, 19:27   Link #15
Animexcel

[QUOTE=MakubeX2;4369175]

Quote:
It will be best if they can remain faithful to the comics and retain the character's name, but it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't due to internal politics.

And look, Moretz actaully looks better on that bike in casual than her Hit-Girl costume :-

There wasn't any news that the name will be changed at the start of production. You could say the F word or any other curse word as many times you want in a rated R film; having it being in a character's name is no different. I would be surprised actually.

Yeah, I saw that picture along with others, some containing spoilers. Obviously there was a stunt double in one of the pics ready to ride the ducati and Chloe was about to get off with a :| face
Old 2012-09-26, 19:35   Link #16
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
There wasn't any news that the name will be changed at the start of production. You could say the F word or any other curse word as many times you want in a rated R film; having it being in a character's name is no different. I would be surprised actually.
There is a chance that some studio executive who financed the film might pushed hard for it to reach a wider audience for a better profit.....

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that picture along with others, some containing spoilers. Obviously there was a stunt double in one of the pics ready to ride the ducati and Chloe was about to get off with a :| face
So she has some feelings for the bike. Think they will let her keep it after filming wrapped ?
Old 2012-09-26, 20:11   Link #17
Animexcel

Quote:
There is a chance that some studio executive who financed the film might pushed hard for it to reach a wider audience for a better profit.....

So she has some feelings for the bike. Think they will let her keep it after filming wrapped ?

Well think what you think, but I'm 100% positive they won't. If they wanted to reach a wider audience, they would make it PG-13 and have minor bloodshed, which they might as well not do the movie at all. The first one was still a success with a low budget, and it made a lot of profit with dvd sales. I think Kick-Ass 2 is still a similar budget meaning Jim Carrey must've accepted a huge pay cut to do the movie. He's a fan of the first movie.

As far as I know, the director told Chloe that she will have to beat Mother Russia for it. I'm sure he was joking though.
Old 2012-11-24, 06:06   Link #18
killer3000ad

New pics from London shoot.
Images
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
Old 2012-11-24, 16:17   Link #19
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Loved the first movie, loved Hit Girl, have reads bit and pieces of the comics whilst bored in work....loved it too so Hopefully I'll love kickass 2....too! =)
Old 2012-11-24, 22:21   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Images
I think it's skimpy enough =\ why does it need to be more?