cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ending:
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 20:13   Link #1762
Wrath88
Kissing...

Geez, move house and lose your internet connection for a few days and suddenly there's so many posts. From what I can see on RC's post, this series is trying too hard, and failed. If I had to judge, I'd say this is worse than Tayutama, since Tayutama at least stuck somewhat to the game plot. Fanservice... Maybe the onsen ep is worth keeping once it comes out in DVD.

Spoiler for Charlotte's game route:
Old 2009-09-21, 20:14   Link #1763
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Glad I dropped this anime sometime ago, reading all the comments so far~
I stopped watching it since when I thought that reading episode's summary and people rant were much more fun than the show itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Spoiler for ending:
Heh? I guess that I was somewhat right, right?

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1441
Old 2009-09-21, 20:47   Link #1764
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I stopped watching it since when I thought that reading episode's summary and people rant were much more fun than the show itself.

2 or 3 episodes in... I dropped it.

A few people were quite upset with me for that and also for my posts about it.

I can smell bad anime a mile away.

This is bad anime.

Let me first clearly state that I have no genre bias.

The genre is irrelevant.

Harem, Romance, Drama, Comedy, it doesn't matter.

What matters is the direction of the director and the course a story takes toward setting an indentity.

An identity that is reasonable and is congruous throughout.

It failed miserably to create an identity for itself.

Simply put... is the director telling a story or is he just flashing animation images as the mood catches him ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 21:06   Link #1765
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

the moment the story goes into the infilitration of the Arima Hills around ep.7/8 , i go "wth" , since it first talks about girls falling in for Teppei than all of a sudden its about politics...its jumping around too much. It can be a decent series but i guess it didnt make it through our expectations.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 22:08   Link #1766
zato_1one

When I watch anime, I usually don't stop it half-way after I decide to follow it (except that it has too many episodes). Because in my opinion, if I don't watch the entire series then I'm not in the position to say that it's totally bad or good. That's why I always feel irritate with some reviewers or audiences who early judge the series when they don't even watch it or just watch first few episodes.

I think I'm not a nitpick person and I know what to expect from each genre. I admit that I don't like Charlotte because of her over airheadness. But seriously, I wouldn't drop it even if it's just an ordinary harem show. Love triangle, fanservice and has arcs for each girl etc... Sadly, this series is so bad to the point that I feel like my intelligence is insulted. And can't tolerate to watch it any more.
Old 2009-09-21, 22:46   Link #1767
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Folks, keep in mind it could've been far, far worse... ever seen Rosario to vampire, especially Capu2? That is a true abomination... at least this one was adopted from an eroge, so it has an excuse for being bad

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:18   Link #1768
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Folks, keep in mind it could've been far, far worse... ever seen Rosario to vampire, especially Capu2? That is a true abomination... at least this one was adopted from an eroge, so it has an excuse for being bad
From what I've heard, all of those ridiculous terrorists and kidnapping are anime original. So I think that we can say that it's getting worse because of the adaptation not really because of the source. And yes, R+V s2 is also in my drop list.
Old 2009-09-21, 23:40   Link #1769
Wrath88
Kissing...

Quote:
I think I'm not a nitpick person and I know what to expect from each genre. I admit that I don't like Charlotte because of her over airheadness. But seriously, I wouldn't drop it even if it's just an ordinary harem show. Love triangle, fanservice and has arcs for each girl etc... Sadly, this series is so bad to the point that I feel like my intelligence is insulted. And can't tolerate to watch it any more.
I finished Charlotte's route in the game, and I feel like they insulted her character by only showing the innocent, fun-loving side of her. She actually gets serious and shows a whole lot of other personality facets rather than what we see in the anime.
Old 2009-09-22, 04:53   Link #1770
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I'd say this is worse than Tayutama, since Tayutama at least stuck somewhat to the game plot. Fanservice... Maybe the onsen ep is worth keeping once it comes out in DVD.
Also, the story and plot of Tayutama actually made some sense
Old 2009-09-22, 07:21   Link #1771
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
*shrugs*

I finish dragonaut and thought in was medicore not bad, not good but to a lot of people it was apparently a trainwreck and the group subbing it called it out on that.
I found Dragonaut to be average to mediocre on itself... I think it's mostly the fact people had such high hopes about it, and it was the start of Gonzo's actual downhill fall, that soured it in the eyes of so many.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 14:09   Link #1772
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
When I watch anime, I usually don't stop it half-way after I decide to follow it (except that it has too many episodes). Because in my opinion, if I don't watch the entire series then I'm not in the position to say that it's totally bad or good. That's why I always feel irritate with some reviewers or audiences who early judge the series when they don't even watch it or just watch first few episodes.

Vindication is sweeet.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 14:20   Link #1773
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

Your approach is all wrong, sir. It is imperative that the brain is turned off, I mean OFF, when watching a fanservice/harem genre. The viewer needs to be flexible to follow the whimsical plot device whose main purpose is nothing but to create opportunity to highlight those pantsu-peekaboo moments. If your brain is on, it raises unnecessary question whose answer only leads to more question about why the soap was on the ground when it was obvious the well endowed girl wrapped around in a skintight towel was going to step on it and fall.

Anyone who has stuck it out with this series till the end for the sake of the plot, you have my admiration. I admire your patience and courage. For the rest of us, we will now patiently wait for the next fanservicy show to air, so we can gather in the respective thread and talk about the "story" all over again.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 16:13   Link #1774
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Vindication is sweeet.
LOL I just described how I feel. Really have no idea why you interpreted that as vindication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Your approach is all wrong, sir. It is imperative that the brain is turned off, I mean OFF, when watching a fanservice/harem genre. The viewer needs to be flexible to follow the whimsical plot device whose main purpose is nothing but to create opportunity to highlight those pantsu-peekaboo moments. If your brain is on, it raises unnecessary question whose answer only leads to more question about why the soap was on the ground when it was obvious the well endowed girl wrapped around in a skintight towel was going to step on it and fall.

Anyone who has stuck it out with this series till the end for the sake of the plot, you have my admiration. I admire your patience and courage. For the rest of us, we will now patiently wait for the next fanservicy show to air, so we can gather in the respective thread and talk about the "story" all over again.

ZOMG! I also admire those who can control their mind to focus only on fanservice in this series. I seriously mean it. The stupidity is just too much for me to handle. I'm not qualified enough to watch this ****.

Last edited by zato_1one; 2009-09-22 at 16:39.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 08:25   Link #1775
dredmorte

and now they released an uncensored episode 10, which i'm about to watch

/turns off brain (well, most of it anyway)
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 15:58   Link #1776
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is certainly a poor show, but it is enjoyable enough for me to have stuck it out till now. I don't see Charlotte as all fuzzy-headed. Against the evidence, I continue to feel there is something serious hiding there. I like Teppei. I like Yuu. I like Sylvie. I even like Seika, who is strong, and honest with herself. I even like Grandpa Arima, especially for his relationship with Yuu and his fairly honorable treatment of Teppei.

The whole Arima Hills escapade, etc., has been a bit random, but at least it is a plot, even if it does feel as if it was shoveled in from a pile of spare plot elements someone had lying around.

Tayutama was pretty good until about halfway through. I liked Nogizaka Haruka, until near the end. I even finished Yoakena, spherical cabbage and all. Rosario to Vampire -- quit early. Dragonaut -- quit early. Queen's Blade -- quit early.

It is possible to make good shows from ero-games: Phantom, ef.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 16:47   Link #1777
ZODDGUTS

Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de had a pretty decent adaptation much better than the god awful Tsuyokiss anime adaptation. Hoping Minatosoft next game Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! gets adapted at least as good Kimi ga Aruji was.

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=559705

Fun game lots of ass kicking by the girls. Especially Momoyo's character.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2009-09-23 at 16:57.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 18:01   Link #1778
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de had a pretty decent adaptation much better than the god awful Tsuyokiss anime adaptation. Hoping Minatosoft next game Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! gets adapted at least as good Kimi ga Aruji was.

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=559705

Fun game lots of ass kicking by the girls. Especially Momoyo's character.

Excellent choice my friend lots of potential there. Of course like any adaptation there is potential the writing could be bad but Maji de watashi ni koishinasai would be a great pick up.
Old 2009-09-23, 20:51   Link #1779
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I guess watching it to the end won't be an utter waste of my time...but I gotta admit..after ep 10 it just seemed off.
Old 2009-09-24, 01:04   Link #1780
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one

Heh, a few episodes back, a few folks (including yours truly) were already thinking that only two outcomes were possible: a Charlotte ending or this ending we have right here.

All in all, I can't help but feel disappointed. I mean, the first episode syndrome strikes again. The entire series ultimately fails to live up to the potential featured in the first episode. Even for a light-hearted comedy, it just becomes weird (and well, stupid) after a while.

It's unfortunate really, since the original game—or heck, Charlotte's original route even—isn't that complex in the first place. I can understand the anime trying to be original and different, but at least give us an anime-only...

Spoiler:

...ending that makes good sense in light of the events that happened before. All this Hartmann nonsense scenario is just filled with mixed results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Amen, brother!

And once again, include me as one of those who view Kimiaru as a good way of adapting original material. Being faithful to the original work, while adding original content that fits in with the original content is the way to go. Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! should be made into an anime. That is, as long as it's being headed by the main scenario writer himself, just like what happened for the adaptation of Kimiaru. Same guy too, which is quite a shame that he wasn't asked to oversee the anime of Tsuyokiss, another well-known work of his... and look how that turned out.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen