AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 17:35   Link #8681
Raziel07

If the quote about Aisha being 12000 years old is a misinterpretation then what is the original sentence saying? what the translation about it should be?
Raziel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 19:37   Link #8682
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 21:37   Link #8683
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
I still wonder how exactly they powered that floating island of theirs.
An object in orbit does not need to be "powered." Gravity acts as the force to maintain circular/elliptical motion. For example, you don't need to "power" the moon for it to stay in orbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel07 View Post
If the quote about Aisha being 12000 years old is a misinterpretation then what is the original sentence saying? what the translation about it should be?
Originally, someone in this thread asked for descriptions of the 7 Campiones. A certain person gave impressions off the top of their head and used "1800 years old", possibly in a figurative sense, but the description stuck. Until Volume 14 came along.

Quote:
And the part where Artos (was Artus a TL mistake or actual change of spelling in original or something) hides his name is just natural.
The Japanese approximated the word phonetically using アルトス which can be transliterated variously as Altos, Artos, Artus, etc. Artus is the Old English form of Arthur, so that was what I picked initially to make the link obvious. However, once the bear connection became explicit, spelling it "Artos" (the Celtic word for "bear") would be more appropriate.

In practice, I doubt that there is any significant difference in actual pronunciation.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 22:42   Link #8684
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Yeah, I know that. It's just that it somehow stayed zenithal to Japan. it's not orbitting around the Earth, and Geostationary could only be achieved in equator while Geosychroneous needs the object to orbit in both hemisphere, thus it's not being zenith to Japan anymore. Our Satellite Excalibur instead just... floats right above Japan. I can't call that orbitting and that kind of unnatural movement would require a thruster or a (n magical) anchor to it, and something to 'power' them unless I'm wrong.

So, all the other instances of his name in the previous volumes and chapters are/will be editted out too?
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 22:51   Link #8685
fronttide

Quote:
Yeah, I know that. It's just that it somehow stayed zenithal to Japan. it's not orbitting around the Earth, and Geostationary could only be achieved in equator while Geosychroneous needs the object to orbit in both hemisphere, thus it's not being zenith to Japan anymore. Our Satellite Excalibur instead just... floats right above Japan. I can't call that orbitting and that kind of unnatural movement would require a thruster or a (n magical) anchor to it, and something to 'power' them unless I'm wrong.

So, all the other instances of his name in the previous volumes and chapters are/will be editted out too?
nope, you right, it's impossible unless there some "power" to keep that island keep inplace.

and, that island must be covered by some "power" to keep it invisible from satelite and human eyes
fronttide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 22:55   Link #8686
bludvein

It says right in the text that its in a geostationary orbit above Japan.

Even if the author actually knew that its not really possible naturally in that location there is ways he can get around it. Maybe they placed an artifact on the island to keep it on course. Its not really important.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-11-20 at 23:30.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 22:57   Link #8687
XFire
150% done

Quote:
So, let me get this straight. They didn't seal him. They didn't enchant him. They didn't put any sort of contingency or any sort of precautions. They simply just lifted him up into the sky, optimistically believing that nothing could go wrong.

Did I get it right so far?
More like, there wasn't anything they could do to him. Remember, this guy kills Campione. Campione kill gods. He's at least two rungs above them on the food chain, so if they piss him off he'd turn them into chowder.
Old 2013-11-20, 23:17   Link #8688
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Actually, I think he had driven some Gods into hiding too, though I forgot where exactly I read that.

Geostationary orbit IS a thing, IIRC it's 299 hundred or so kilometres above Earth. It's just that being in that orbit does not equal actually orbitting geostationary.
Old 2013-11-20, 23:33   Link #8689
bludvein

Quote:
Meanwhile, back to Bousou again.

In the sky far above the ocean which had twice become the stage for intense battles. Even higher than the clouds. Further than the atmosphere. The celestial realm -- or rather, it is a place humans would call a satellite orbit.

A little island lay there floating.

From the perspective of the ground surface, it appeared motionless all year round -- what is known as a geostationary orbit. Humans were unaware of its existence. Even if they knew, they would simply dismiss it as floating matter in a satellite orbit.

In the center of this cramped plot of land, an iron sword was embedded.

A mighty sword whose blade measured roughly 100cm in length. The heavy double-edged blade was rather thick, resembling a woodcutter's chopper in structure. However, it was now worn out and corroded, only covered by rust.

Divine Sword of Salvation--

The personal sword of the Devil King-exterminating hero, the strongest [Steel].
From the end of vol 10.
Old 2013-11-20, 23:57   Link #8690
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm always wondering how the blade seems covered by rust if it's in outer space..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 23:59   Link #8691
zzhk
Summary Machine

Yes, an object in geostationary orbit must be "above" the equator in the sense that a line drawn from the Earth's center to the object must pass through the equator.

On the other hand, unless one chooses to doubt the author's scientific knowledge and insist on interpreting "the sky far above" as meaning that the asteroid, the Earth's center and Tokyo Bay must lie in a straight line, there's nothing wrong with the description.

One can easily say that the sun or the moon is in "the sky above" so long as they are visible. That doesn't mean that they have to form a straight line with your current location and the center of the Earth. Similarly, if the asteroid is located in a part of the sky that is visible from Tokyo Bay, then it is in "the sky above."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I'm always wondering how the blade seems covered by rust if it's in outer space..
Easy, the sword was already rusted before it was moved.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 00:02   Link #8692
bludvein

Thanks for the update zzhk! Didn't get any resolution to the cliffhanger of the last one though.
Old 2013-11-21, 00:03   Link #8693
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Easy, the sword was already rusted before it was moved.
Yeah, probably though other explanation like there's oxygen around the island because of magic might be correct too.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 00:24   Link #8694
bakapervert
A pervert

Awesome authority JPS have here, to be able to snipe between continent and even through time. And for the old guy that keeping the history record, his name is Plutarch? Or is that only the name of the residence? Anyone know his history?

PS: The old man and the girls here also keep saying that Godou has potential as magnificent villain, now I want to see what will happen if Godou is stranded somewhere alone without the girls to restraint him. All of them keep saying how chaotic and disastrous Godou is, but I still doesn't really seeing it.

Last edited by bakapervert; 2013-11-21 at 00:55.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 01:02   Link #8695
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Yeah, I'm doubting his scientific knowledge, mostly because he didn't really have a great track record, like with his explanation of how Godspeed work. But I just love nitpicking anyway, a habit I've built as a "cynically critical reviewer".

I recognize the name Plutarch, but what astounding thing he did again?
Old 2013-11-21, 01:10   Link #8696
II Maestro

I feel sorry for the old man who is troubled by Aisha's time travel that disrupts the history and the old man who is correcting what Aisha has done while traveling.
Old 2013-11-21, 02:44   Link #8697
Chris38

At least now we know where Aisha's history corrective force comes from...

I'm also guessing that something will happen in the future that will reduce the burden on the old man, due to Aisha's time travel mischief.

Either she is going to gain an authority that will grant her some better control over her corridor authority, or ... due to the influence of Godou and the other girls, she will reduce the times, where some history correction, is necessary.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 04:33   Link #8698
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38
Either she is going to gain an authority that will grant her some better control over her corridor authority
If that’s the case then she must fought a deity something similar to the “Fairy Corridor” but that’s most likely impossible.

God and Deities that controls time like them are very few in numbers in different myths.

A Campiones authority is based on the personality of the person.

In Aisha’s case, she can be a bit lax or should I say carefree on these kinds of situations. That’s why her Corridor is a random time machine, as explain in Vol.14. She can’t open the Corridor by her own will but it will activate on its own in random locations in every few years.

The problem that needs to be solved by the old man is how to stop or keeping Aisha’s corridor in check.

Or else, the Old Man may die from overwriting too many histories due to Aisha's carefree time-travelling.

Quote:
- Sealing it is impossible because it’s a God’s authority but it is possible if they could meet another Deity that could control time-travel.

- Weakening the powers of the Corridor might be effective but for how long? They could use Hikari’s “Disaster Purification” with the help of Alice every month.

- She must not be left alone in her own residence in her hometown. At the very least, she must be under surveillance all the time. The most plausible solution would be having her transfer to Japan and have the 7th Campione, Godou, watch over her as her guardian.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 05:14   Link #8699
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
- Sealing it is impossible because it’s a God’s authority but it is possible if they could meet another Deity that could control time-travel.

- Weakening the powers of the Corridor might be effective but for how long? They could use Hikari’s “Disaster Purification” with the help of Alice every month.

- She must not be left alone in her own residence in her hometown. At the very least, she must be under surveillance all the time. The most plausible solution would be having her transfer to Japan and have the 7th Campione, Godou, watch over her as her guardian.
She's really a troublesome fella . Is that from vol 15?
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 06:14   Link #8700
Yami no Ou
まおう

Aisha might consider living near Kusanagi's residence once they return to the present so perhaps the Old Man will be quite pleased with his work getting lessened lol

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem