AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-16, 02:54   Link #9141
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
And has a reason been stated for why that would happen? Or at least another statement that could be used as a basis for a hypothesis of the reason?
I don't remember, but I guess it would have to do with the exploitation theory. Since the holy grail was created to assist the KotE, it mimics steel in drawing power from mother earth goddesses, eventually reducing them to divine ancestors.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 02:56   Link #9142
Raziel07

Bludvein i would like to correct you one some thing, a Divine Ancestor is not a lesser god or a god deprived of its powers, it is a reincarneted god who is like an echo of his former past, it has nothing to do with the Steel gods
Raziel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 15:34   Link #9143
Zurvan
Divine Monarch

Any news regarding the appendix notes about the seven Campiones?
Zurvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-20, 20:55   Link #9144
bludvein

Haha, I've been doing some rather random researching and I think I've finally got a solid guess on the KoTe's identity. Frankly, none of the Argonauts themselves are linked to a famous sword nor are they nobility which was Godou's impression. But if we fast forward a generation, we have the Trojan War which a couple of the Argonauts fought in. I admit its a shallow link, but it ties in a truly fitting character imo.

I think the KoTe is Hector, the greatest warrior for the Trojans. Not only is he the son of the king in the myth, he was also against the Trojan War(which ties into the KoTe's reluctance to continue his mission). In later accounts he is also tied to the sword Durendal. A description from wikipedia
Quote:
According to Ludovico Ariosto's Orlando Furioso it once belonged to Hector of Troy, and was given to Roland by Malagigi (Maugris). This is questionable, given that the swords of Hector's time were made of bronze.

In The Song of Roland, the sword is said to contain within its golden hilt one tooth of Saint Peter, blood of Saint Basil, hair of Saint Denis, and a piece of the raiment of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and to be the sharpest sword in all existence.[3] In the poem, Roland uses the sword to hold off a hundred-thousand-strong Muslim army long enough for Charlemagne's army to retreat into France.[4] Roland attempted to destroy the sword to prevent it from being captured by the attacking Saracens and created La Brèche de Roland in the Pyrenees in the process.[5] But Durandal proved indestructible, so he hid it beneath his body along with the oliphant, the horn used to alert Charlemagne.[6]
Which would definitely make the sword a steel and possibly anyone whose myth is tied to it. Plus, he is really one of the few decent characters in those myths.
Old 2013-12-21, 00:04   Link #9145
edrey

sorry but no, durandel is based in the myth of excalibur by the royalty of france,

my theory is that the king of the end is batraz who is more linked to divine sword in the earth and thunder, also his myth was the base for the argonauts. then he was mixed with artutus the god of the white star who is linked to bears

there is also the possibility of pluto, the son of demeter, because stories about him appear when he is nearby

in the end, it has to be related to argonauts and older myths

if you want other reasons, the only white goddess and amazon queen who know each other are elena( hecate) and penthesilea who partcipate in the trojan war, and neither of them knew the name of the king of the end, so it can't be hector, sorry

Last edited by edrey; 2013-12-21 at 15:28.
edrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 00:43   Link #9146
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I'm still on Bear God and Michael.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 10:06   Link #9147
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrey View Post
sorry but no, durandel is based in the myth of excalibur by the royalty of france,

my theory is that the king of the end is batraz who is more linked to divine sword in the earth and thunder, also his myth was the base for the argonauts. then he was mixed with artutus the god of the white star who is linked to bears

there is also the possibility of pluto, the son of demeter, because stories about him appear when he is nearby

in the end, it has to be related to argonauts and oldest myths

if you want other reasons, the only white goddess and amazon queen who know each other are elena( hecate) and penthesilea who partcipate in the trojan war, and neither of them knew the name of the king of the end, so it can't be hector, sorry
I liked the Batraz theory myself, but it has too many holes. The KoTe doesn't have the steel body that he would almost have to have if he was Batraz, and I couldn't find anything to indicate a similarity or connection to the Argonauts.

Pluto isn't even worth considering, as he wouldn't be a steel no matter how you look at it.

....if it wasn't for the supposed connection to the Argonauts I could come up with some better guesses. I'm not that confident with the Hector guess either, as he doesn't have the "wandering" element that the KoTe is supposed to have. Argh, this is pissing me off. You'd think there should be a standout character that fits the criteria by this point.
Old 2013-12-21, 15:28   Link #9148
edrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I liked the Batraz theory myself, but it has too many holes. The KoTe doesn't have the steel body that he would almost have to have if he was Batraz, and I couldn't find anything to indicate a similarity or connection to the Argonauts.

Pluto isn't even worth considering, as he wouldn't be a steel no matter how you look at it.

....if it wasn't for the supposed connection to the Argonauts I could come up with some better guesses. I'm not that confident with the Hector guess either, as he doesn't have the "wandering" element that the KoTe is supposed to have. Argh, this is pissing me off. You'd think there should be a standout character that fits the criteria by this point.

that's right, but kote inmortal form isn't a steel body but a sword, an inmortal divine object, alec also said that kote is not a god of pure steel but has other atributes, i was thinking in pluto like something added after he was manifested in earth like lancelot,

on the other hand, i don't have any idea how the blade arrowhead or perseus are related to him, in the end with we has to wait a least two or three volumes for the author to tell us,

Last edited by edrey; 2013-12-21 at 20:42.
Old 2013-12-21, 18:31   Link #9149
uberchar

Have you guys ever considered the idea that KotE is a god related to iron and I'm not talking about classify it as steel, I mean iron it self.

In vol 15 there was this
Spoiler for vol 15 c4:

The relation to iron would explain the arrowhead because the arrowhead is made of iron and his immortal body which is a sword.

If I recall properly
Spoiler for Artio's spell words to summon KotE:

And I think iron was prominent in the caucasus region around the black sea (Colchis was a part of this region as well)

With the addition of lightning he is likely primitive steel like Lancelot.
uberchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 20:00   Link #9150
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The Artio spell words that you were talking about on the last paragraph is describing the campione all around the world though?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 20:10   Link #9151
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

I think it's Uldin, don't know the other two.

And the last three are Doni, Godou(Befitting to his title) and Aisha.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 21:30   Link #9152
bludvein

Quote:
"O great king who commands equestrian tribes and dragons. O king, adept user of black magic and the dark arts. O wandering king who begrudges mankind. In addition, O king who indulges in merrymaking with but a lone sword. O young king, bringer of storms and calamity. O queen of turmoil, coming from the mysterious cave..."
This is clearly a description of the godslayers present in that era rather than the KotE himself. The "in addition" denotes the time travelers.

Uldin, unnamed, unnamed, Doni, Godou, and Aisha. We didn't get to meet the other 2 past campiones besides Uldin, but they sound like assholes anyway.

Last edited by bludvein; 2013-12-21 at 21:46.
Old 2013-12-21, 21:45   Link #9153
Miraluka
Banned

The adept user of black magic = Sasha Dejanstahl Voban ?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 22:00   Link #9154
uberchar

wow I didn't notice that lol
uberchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 22:13   Link #9155
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
No, the 6 mentioned campiones are only the ones present in that era. Voban neither time traveled nor was he born then. Not to mention Voban isn't a mage anyway.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:14   Link #9156
Fwarlord

Quote:
No. That's not him, but some unnamed guy in the past. That guy is one of the six godslayers who supposed to be slain by KoTE a few decades after Godou's travel to the past. He was referred in volume 9:
Spoiler for Vol.9:
Old 2013-12-21, 22:31   Link #9157
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:

Voban spawn at 18th century not 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
No. That's not him, but some unnamed guy in the past. That guy is one of the six godslayers who supposed to be slain by KoTE a few decades after Godou's travel to the past. He was referred in volume 9:
Spoiler for Vol.9:
you mean vol. 15 right
Old 2013-12-21, 22:33   Link #9158
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince View Post
you mean vol. 15 right
No, he didn't. The past campiones were mentioned in a previous volume. Don't remember if it was vol 9, but it sounds about right.
Old 2013-12-21, 22:38   Link #9159
edrey

Quote:
The adept user of black magic
he was investigating in rome, right?

i hope his legacy is still there and godou take it

but maybe that is expecting too much
Old 2013-12-21, 22:51   Link #9160
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
No, he didn't. The past campiones were mentioned in a previous volume. Don't remember if it was vol 9, but it sounds about right.
my bad it's realy from vol 9, just checked it

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem