AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2019-10-26, 01:08   Link #35901
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

A size comparison between the HG RX-78-2 Revive, the HGUC Penelope, and the HGUC Hyzenthlay II Rah:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LKK; 2019-10-26 at 10:50. Reason: Added images tag
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 01:46   Link #35902
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

More P-Bandai offerings, this time all of them from the game Missing Link:

HGUC RX-79[G] SW Slave Wraith w/ Parachute Pack

HGUC RX-78XX Gundam Pixy Fred Reaver ver.

RGM-79[G] GM Ground Type Slave Wraith colors w/ Parachute Pack

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2019-11-14, 09:17   Link #35903
Chibiloli

The Eldora Daughtress got announced.
Spoiler for You might want to drink some water and take a seat.:
Old 2019-11-14, 10:01   Link #35904
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Bandai is basically teasing us who want the kits from the After War-line. They made HG Leopard Da Vinci without releasing any OG Leopard, and now the Daughtress' turn.

Though considering the release of Death Army & Maganac kits, OG Daughtress might have a bigger chance for a release now.
Old 2019-11-18, 03:50   Link #35905
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Video about the RX-78-2 Gundam Industrial Design Version, aka the G40:

YouTube

Still divided on the aesthetics of the design to be honest, but I like how they outline their choices and rationales for the design. I think I'll pick it up just to see the full articulation it has, which is actually a lot more than we saw in precious pics. Hate the colors though, and thus if I do pick it up this is going to get a nice Real Type recolor.

Old 2019-11-19, 22:19   Link #35906
justavisitor

I remember in the original show, rx-78-2 has a place to store beam rifle in the back...don't know if it is a priority to them...

and since they (pretend to) go that far for detail in the video, I would like to see the "plastic wrap" used by the rx-78-2 during the re-entry as well
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-24, 20:43   Link #35907
AHT

Now you can make your own Gunpla
YouTube
AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 03:24   Link #35908
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

aaaaaaaaaaaa

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 07:53   Link #35909
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Yep, they go straight to the version that people want the most and make it P-Bandai. Flawless marketing strategy right there.

And it can turn the axe into a scythe. Wow.
Old 2019-11-28, 02:25   Link #35910
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

My latest build, coming along nicely:

Images
RG Nu Gundam

Partially painted (i.e. painted all the parts that weren't white) with gloss topcoat, and panel lined. Still need to finish the weapons and fin funnels, and waiting for the third-party decal sheet I ordered.

Old 2019-11-28, 08:22   Link #35911
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Oh boy, I really appreciate you posting a pic of your work here, Lowe. We used to do that a lot during the early 10s with Appel and other longtime members. And it looks good too. That said, why did you wait on third-party decal sheet? You prefer the waterslide?

Sadly, I almost never buy another big gunpla, especially the MG & up. I simply have no room for them anymore. The only 1/100 Gundam scale that I'm still willing to buy are figures like HiRM, MB & MRD and only of mechs that I really really want so badly. And since Bandai already made my dream kits came true (MG Blitz Gundam & MG Justice Gundam), I'm pretty much content right now.
Old 2019-11-28, 11:03   Link #35912
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ Oh boy, I really appreciate you posting a pic of your work here, Lowe. We used to do that a lot during the early 10s with Appel and other longtime members. And it looks good too. That said, why did you wait on third-party decal sheet? You prefer the waterslide?

Sadly, I almost never buy another big gunpla, especially the MG & up. I simply have no room for them anymore. The only 1/100 Gundam scale that I'm still willing to buy are figures like HiRM, MB & MRD and only of mechs that I really really want so badly. And since Bandai already made my dream kits came true (MG Blitz Gundam & MG Justice Gundam), I'm pretty much content right now.
Thanks

And yes, I prefer using waterslides for Gunpla whenever I have the chance, and given that this is my first RG I really didn't want to use the included sticker decals on it, and I'd rather not spend to get the Double Fin Funnel set just for the waterslides

Also, couldn't help trying to put the RG Nu Gundam's articulation through its paces, and it definitely pulls off poses that most Gunpla have difficulty with, like with a proper kneeling pose:

Images
RG Nu Gundam kneeling

And lack of space is one reason why I stick with 1/144 scale kits: I can collect more of them before I run out of space.

Old 2019-11-28, 12:59   Link #35913
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And yes, I prefer using waterslides for Gunpla whenever I have the chance, and given that this is my first RG I really didn't want to use the included sticker decals on it, and I'd rather not spend to get the Double Fin Funnel set just for the waterslides
Oh, that is your first? Man, that brings back memories. My first RG is Justice Deactive and I think all the decals & stickers are pretty fine (if not great):

Quote:
RG Justice Gundam (Deactive mode)

Images
no backpack
Images
with backpack
Images
comparison
The funny thing is, I can say/pretend that all these Gundams are in Deactive mode. Why? Coz Calamity (and Raider) is using Trans-Phase Armor (not PSA) in the actual story, so it doesn’t change color like Justice when it’s in Deactive mode.

So this marks my first Real Grade.
Old 2019-11-28, 21:32   Link #35914
justavisitor

wow, you two are so pro...

my first, and only rg is the freedom. The wing keeps falling off(actually, the correct description is disintegrate) every time I touch it....since then I know my limitation is on hg only

The hg strike freedom is much better
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-28, 22:09   Link #35915
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, that is your first? Man, that brings back memories. My first RG is Justice Deactive and I think all the decals & stickers are pretty fine (if not great):
Deactive colors are great on most SEED kits. How'd the RG Justice hold up after all these years btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
wow, you two are so pro...

my first, and only rg is the freedom. The wing keeps falling off(actually, the correct description is disintegrate) every time I touch it....since then I know my limitation is on hg only

The hg strike freedom is much better
The RG Nu is pretty much a massive improvement over previous RG's in that regard: it's incredibly solid (at times, a bit too solid) where you can shake the thing vigorously and nothing will fall out. Well, maybe the Fin Funnels, but then again that's always been a fault of the Nu's design in general, and even here the Fin Funnel connections themselves are quite strong.

Along with how nice the build is, how great it looks especially with its parts separation, and how awesome its articulation it is, there's a reason the RG Nu is pretty much unanimously agreed upon to be one of the best Gunpla *ever*, at least so far.

Old 2019-11-29, 00:39   Link #35916
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Deactive colors are great on most SEED kits. How'd the RG Justice hold up after all these years btw?
It's still 90% as solid as I first built it. It can still hold the rifle & shield just fine. The jetpack is still solid as ever as well as its connection to the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
My first, and only rg is the freedom. The wing keeps falling off(actually, the correct description is disintegrate) every time I touch it....since then I know my limitation is on hg only
Yeah, early RGs can be tough customers.

The important point of maintaining the quality of early RGs is to not over-play the kit. Treat it gently & smartly. Pay attention to points of the body where you can put pressure on while you're fiddling it with your fingers to pose it and you're golden. (That's assuming you've built it well & correctly the first time around. Be very careful when building RGs).

In the case of RG Freedom's wings, if you're good with your eyes & fingers, you can dismantle it and rebuild it with little tiny bits of super-glue in strategic places to make it more solid.
Old 2019-11-29, 10:46   Link #35917
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

This showed up on my recommends like a week ago, fantastic build

YouTube
Old 2019-11-29, 23:02   Link #35918
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
This showed up on my recommends like a week ago, fantastic build

YouTube
It's a very crazy build yes, to the point of creating his own functional custom cockpit gimmick on the chest. It's the type of build we mortals can only gaze in awe at

Old 2019-12-05, 09:31   Link #35919
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

New reviews from The Gundam Base:

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2019-12-06, 11:52   Link #35920
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The HG Diver Ayame still has the best faces out of all the Build series girl Gunpla Bandai's released so far. On the other hand, May still looks nice.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy