AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-03-13, 17:57   Link #941
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Well, at the beginning of the year, this appeared on the Kamachi Offical Website:

The usual fish went straight for the bait and proclaimed it to be Season 3. Though, it's difficult to say if it was truly referring to the Virtual-On game announcement as that technically comes out in 2018. At the very least, expectations should be dampened for now.

Now that I've had time to process all the info, I expected nothing and got a PS4 game; I'm satisifed. I'll definitely pick up the game next year if not because someone has to buy it.

===========

I'm also now going to eat my own shoe; I've read and translated the article that mentioned Miki's comments:

TL;DR…
Dengeki Bunko Article - March 12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm not going to read into it any further though; I'll just be inviting disappointment.

As is now customary, always remember this:

Images
don't be in the bottom right corner

There was another article regarding the PS4 game published on Dengeki Online today. Also the update on the Kamachi Website that itine posted about. I'll get around to that later this week.
That chart is rationally true and it is also true that the fans will get hurt every time they are wrong. But you are miscalculating one factor. For those of us who have stayed true from the beginning, if we get it right that last time, then we will have won forever because the glory in our hearts never faded away.

Also, am just going to wait this out by pretending I'm not hoping for it while hoping with all my heart so I can say that I've won when the time comes.... Did I just say that? Ummmm I never said that!

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 19:25   Link #942
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm already playing this "eternal suffering" game waiting for DMC5 so I'm not worried about doing it for Index as well.

But know that if you do want to play this game, no hard feelings at the end. We all understand what we're getting ourselves into.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-13, 20:58   Link #943
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm already playing this "eternal suffering" game waiting for DMC5 so I'm not worried about doing it for Index as well.

But know that if you do want to play this game, no hard feelings at the end. We all understand what we're getting ourselves into.
Lol, I do. What I have to tide me over is that the anime isn't nearly as good as the novels anyway, so I'm sorta cheating on an emotional level.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2017-03-16, 03:23   Link #944
itine
No Book No Live

I really respect you guys (senpai2x) opinion,
BUT
Let us start this News & Announcements Thread with no more negativity comments about Index III.

(sorry my broken English, but)
Let me give you visualization about Dengeki Miki announcement into the appropriate timeline (chronologically):

~Dengeki Bunko's Miki Kazuma appeared on stage ....
~Miki doing dance (forgot about the song He dance, but (think) it's Dengeki jingle)

*Seated audience roar and stand up (some do standing ovation) Ok it's very exciting moments

~Miki raise his hand and do (his bias) tried smiles?
Spoiler for Miki Kazuma at Dengeki GFes2017:

*Audience silence (their heart-stomping)

~Miki announce the PS4/PS Vita game A Certain Magical Virtual-On who will be released in 2018:
Spoiler for Miki first Announcements:

~and the Virtual-on Game PV on youtube (1m07s) is playing
*Some Audience do "Woah!" for the first time when they see (Mikoto still picture) in that youtube before it's played.
*Some Audience began less-interest knowing this only just "a f***ing game"
*but then, they keep giving this youtube Game PV applause

~Miki back on stage (his face down), think He will know what happen next
*Yes!, LOL The Audience "BOOOOOOOOOO" at him

~Miki raise his hand a little (slow them down) and then (of course)
He said those magic words
Spoiler for Miki second Announcements:

I not an expert on Japanese moon-rune but our lord js06 does:
Spoiler for js06 about Dengeki comments:

Ok my chronological stories are finished here, and next line is my opinions:

Actually, "yes" fans still keep forcing Miki to announce Index Season III
We shout at him every time we seeing him, and every year too
(already 3 years since He doing "Index III not yet" & Dogeza apology pose)
It like raildexfags do some (Aleister ABRAHADABRA) curse on Miki

Then Miki always DO whatever He HAS to do: "Stalls and bring hope"
"NOT YET" to "PLAUSIBLE" from "PLAUSIBLE" to "POSSIBLE" (now)
"NOT YET" to "WAIT FOR IT" from "WAIT FOR IT" to "WAIT for LITTLE LONGER" (now)

BUT IT'S NOT TRUE WE DON'T ACCOMPLISH NOTHING
NOW ONLY TIME WILL TELL
Dengeki, ANN and many respectable media now quotes on him
that mean Miki already make a legitimate promise on making Season III
He can't run away from us again
if Miki doing trolls, all He will do next time is not Dogeza but seppuku pose

Last edited by itine; 2017-03-16 at 03:41.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 05:36   Link #945
KiharaRonin

I agree with itine on this one.

While I do believe hope should be kept alive, the constant mention of Index III is hurting those who are losing hope and can wait no longer. It also distracts from amazing things. We're about to enter an epic arc in New Testament which could legit change everything. We're about to get a video game allowing us to play us 4 of anime's best characters (and probably more) piloting giant robots. But most are just mad Index III wasn't officially announced. Miki's hint along with Kino's Journey returning after so long should give more hope and allow us to rest easily. But all people do is beg for Index III and mention it here, which in turn saddens everyone.

Focus on and be proud on what you're getting. Good things in life come to those who wait.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 09:37   Link #946
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Honestly, 'wait a bit longer' is no confirmation for me and as such, I think it's premature to say it's confirmed. Such fan pages like Universe on Facebook are terrible of taking things out of proportion and so I will not be celebrating until a Trailer or Teaser comes out on someplace like Crunchyroll.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 10:19   Link #947
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I don't trust Miki but Dengeki is another story. Guess we can only wait to see what happens.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 10:40   Link #948
Callum18
Fukou da

While I will not 100% be celebrating until the I see the trailer or teaser, it does look like we are getting something.

I don't believe Dengeki would post anything or hints on their website if something was not coming. I do have to wonder could it be Railgun S3? Even though they said no Railgun S3 without Index S3, I won't be shock if we have to have 2nd best here. But then again, it makes no sense doing that.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 11:50   Link #949
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Images
don't be in the bottom right corner

There was another article regarding the PS4 game published on Dengeki Online today. Also the update on the Kamachi Website that itine posted about. I'll get around to that later this week.
I should save this picture for future use, it really helps.

Virtua On crossover was short, how Kamachi plans on stretching it to fit a game plot? Or will it be a new different story I wonder.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 13:45   Link #950
vixyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum18 View Post
While I will not 100% be celebrating until the I see the trailer or teaser, it does look like we are getting something.

I don't believe Dengeki would post anything or hints on their website if something was not coming. I do have to wonder could it be Railgun S3? Even though they said no Railgun S3 without Index S3, I won't be shock if we have to have 2nd best here. But then again, it makes no sense doing that.
I remember that time several years ago that the "Rainlgun S3 will come out before Index S3" was a meme and triggered a lot of people. I bet that nowadays no one would complain if that happened. Heck, even an Accel anime would be less worse than this limbo.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:25   Link #951
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

I would rather not have Accel anime at all. It seems to be a pseudo attempt to have a magic side manga while breaking that so important treaty which makes me rolls my eyes. While the magic stuff in itself is interesting, this isn't really about Accel in much of a stretch and should just end.

Let's have a Certain Red Bondage Princess.
Or A Certain waifu Itsuwa. But I support the first idea.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:49   Link #952
marconii2002

I dont know if this is worth something. Registered user kazuma.miki.5@asciimw.jp on 4chan said that Index 3 will be announced in this year but not in March. I do not believe it.
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 14:50   Link #953
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
I dont know if this is worth something. Registered user kazuma.miki.5@asciimw.jp on 4chan said that Index 3 will be announced in this year but not in March. I do not believe it.
Oh you poor, sweet, innocent soul.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 15:05   Link #954
vixyw

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconii2002 View Post
Yeah, coming from 4chan kinda sounds more fake than that female Accel joke PV we got some time ago... and there were people believing in that.
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 15:09   Link #955
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
I would rather not have Accel anime at all. It seems to be a pseudo attempt to have a magic side manga while breaking that so important treaty which makes me rolls my eyes.
Except that's already a thing on the side stories regarding Norse Myth.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 07:04   Link #956
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Looks like people are still a bit hyper about the events that unfolded at the Spring Festival. Calm down people. No need for timelines or anything of the sort. The Denkei Online article was enough.

Dengeki was certainly being coy by specifically referencing Miki's comments and you're free to read into them as you'd like. But there's a thick line between a hint and an official announcement. Wait until then.

Anyways, I said I would translate something else for you guys. And I did, in the To Aru Series video Games thread. Do read it, it clears up quite a lot of things about the Virtual-On game announcement.
Old 2017-03-17, 12:14   Link #957
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

To be honest y'all, OH&S is right here. The fact that they said 'a certain third season is coming out... and the fact that it was said right after that stuff, does it mean...?' means absolutely nothing. I've seen them do this before. Technically, it was said at the end of the stage performance after other stuff too. It happened after all of the stuff in the show.

This is a trick that they can use to pretend that they were telling the truth when they were teasing fans that Index III is the thing coming out, but in reality they were talking about a different season III. That way they can trick people until people's emotions about it die down enough so that they just won't care anymore or feel strongly enough to do anything about it. I've seen worse shamelessness coming from these sorts of announcements before.

I don't think anything related to Index III has been confirmed, and I also think that the ToAru facebook page isn't the best source to trust since everyone is biased to hope to Kamisama that season III will happen and so using the bad habit they get from reading Index they look at every little thing that happens and they're like this is the sign that it'll happen, which is obviously silly.

More to the point, all the news sites want views and so saying that season III might happen and is talking about Index is just click bait so that they can get ad revenue. I bet most of those articles don't even believe that's talking about Index III, but they know that they can make more money that way.

That all aside, I'm hoping for Index III for other reasons. I think that it's possible that the biggest obstacle to Index III is that they need to find an opportunity where involved in the project is free at the same time to be able to work on season III. My opinion is that this has the biggest issue this entire time because it seems as if after the movie, they have faith in being able to turn a profit by making anime stuff, and so the most likely setback is being unable to recruit everyone that they need for the project.

At the same time, the series is just way harder to animate starting from season III on. This is partially because of how many details they left out in seasons I and II and partially because the plot becomes that much more complex and because as Accelerator and Shiage get a larger role, Touma's diminishes, I mean he doesn't even appear in Battle Royale. It's hard for them to replicate all of the POV things that happen in the novels with the side-charas and it's hard for them to talk about the philosophy since they're then just wasting animation on words. I really would like to think that these are the reasons why we haven't gotten season 3. If they did manage to animate it as well as (or better than the novels) then I could imagine very good relative success with it, but that seems really hard to do.

Anyway, I'm mostly being patient because I feel like I have nothing to lose by waiting longer for it and that since the novels are better anyway, I'm not losing anything by hoping it happens anyway since it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen...

Old 2017-03-17, 15:55   Link #958
Callum18
Fukou da

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
To be honest y'all, OH&S is right here. The fact that they said 'a certain third season is coming out... and the fact that it was said right after that stuff, does it mean...?' means absolutely nothing. I've seen them do this before. Technically, it was said at the end of the stage performance after other stuff too. It happened after all of the stuff in the show.

This is a trick that they can use to pretend that they were telling the truth when they were teasing fans that Index III is the thing coming out, but in reality they were talking about a different season III. That way they can trick people until people's emotions about it die down enough so that they just won't care anymore or feel strongly enough to do anything about it. I've seen worse shamelessness coming from these sorts of announcements before.

I don't think anything related to Index III has been confirmed, and I also think that the ToAru facebook page isn't the best source to trust since everyone is biased to hope to Kamisama that season III will happen and so using the bad habit they get from reading Index they look at every little thing that happens and they're like this is the sign that it'll happen, which is obviously silly.

More to the point, all the news sites want views and so saying that season III might happen and is talking about Index is just click bait so that they can get ad revenue. I bet most of those articles don't even believe that's talking about Index III, but they know that they can make more money that way.

That all aside, I'm hoping for Index III for other reasons. I think that it's possible that the biggest obstacle to Index III is that they need to find an opportunity where involved in the project is free at the same time to be able to work on season III. My opinion is that this has the biggest issue this entire time because it seems as if after the movie, they have faith in being able to turn a profit by making anime stuff, and so the most likely setback is being unable to recruit everyone that they need for the project.

At the same time, the series is just way harder to animate starting from season III on. This is partially because of how many details they left out in seasons I and II and partially because the plot becomes that much more complex and because as Accelerator and Shiage get a larger role, Touma's diminishes, I mean he doesn't even appear in Battle Royale. It's hard for them to replicate all of the POV things that happen in the novels with the side-charas and it's hard for them to talk about the philosophy since they're then just wasting animation on words. I really would like to think that these are the reasons why we haven't gotten season 3. If they did manage to animate it as well as (or better than the novels) then I could imagine very good relative success with it, but that seems really hard to do.

Anyway, I'm mostly being patient because I feel like I have nothing to lose by waiting longer for it and that since the novels are better anyway, I'm not losing anything by hoping it happens anyway since it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen...
I fully agree with the fanbase getting overhyped over this. However, I don't believe they would bait switch the fans again. Not with what happen before.

As for the hype, its far from dieing down now. In fact, them saying this bought out even more hype then ever before.

If they turn back on the fans now, ****could hit the fan. But we shell see in OCT.

I personal trust them 100%. But after this and they let the fans down, I'm going to walk away when Index ends.

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.

Last edited by Callum18; 2017-03-17 at 16:24.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 22:58   Link #959
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
My opinion is that this has the biggest issue this entire time because it seems as if after the movie, they have faith in being able to turn a profit by making anime stuff, and so the most likely setback is being unable to recruit everyone that they need for the project.
Nah man. I mean, BONES was able to round up very famous seiyuu to work on Kekkai Sensen, and it's not like Atsushi Abe has been getting lots of work lately (last I remember is his role as Kokonotsu in Dagashi Kashi). Same goes for Nobuhiko Okamoto (Accel) or Satoshi Hino (Shiage). Also, the seiyuu community is growing every year. I'm sure newer seiyuu and older talents alike have a chance on Index due to the arc-based nature of the story. I mean they managed to get Norio Wakamoto for Biagio and he only appeared for one arc.

I feel that the main reason why Index hasn't been on their priority is because they believe that they have done their job. "Two seasons for Index and two seasons for Railgun were enough."

BUT, that's a shameful assessment if you think about both Bakemonogatari AND Sword Art Online getting this offer to adapt to the very last volume. To me, giving up on Index alone is embarrassing, considering how Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana were able to portray their stories in a complete adaptation.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-19, 07:19   Link #960
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Nah man. I mean, BONES was able to round up very famous seiyuu to work on Kekkai Sensen, and it's not like Atsushi Abe has been getting lots of work lately (last I remember is his role as Kokonotsu in Dagashi Kashi). Same goes for Nobuhiko Okamoto (Accel) or Satoshi Hino (Shiage). Also, the seiyuu community is growing every year. I'm sure newer seiyuu and older talents alike have a chance on Index due to the arc-based nature of the story. I mean they managed to get Norio Wakamoto for Biagio and he only appeared for one arc.

I feel that the main reason why Index hasn't been on their priority is because they believe that they have done their job. "Two seasons for Index and two seasons for Railgun were enough."

BUT, that's a shameful assessment if you think about both Bakemonogatari AND Sword Art Online getting this offer to adapt to the very last volume. To me, giving up on Index alone is embarrassing, considering how Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana were able to portray their stories in a complete adaptation.
I was mostly thinking about the head animator for Index season II. I don't remember his name, but he's the guy who got pissed off by the fans and so he didn't want to animate more at the time.

You bring up good points though. But I think that in this specific scenario, there's a barrier to getting the cast together.