AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-09-11, 11:50   Link #1081
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
This is surprising to you? You should check out the Fate/Stay fandom and Astoflo at the moment.

Or judging by your reaction, don't, for your sake.
Considering I'm currently running. Fate inspired D&D session, I would be in the position to tell you Im far more involved in that community than you think. And let's not compare the two series please, they're fairly different and the thing is Fate isn't exactly telling this overall grand plot unlike Index. There is mysterious there which has remained mostly unanswered so many novels on.

There's a real fear this will just be fluff just to bump up the number of novels, because besides NT18 there hasn't been any real development for a long time. So the author needs to start getting on with it.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 11:58   Link #1082
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
Considering I'm currently running. Fate inspired D&D session, I would be in the position to tell you Im far more involved in that community than you think. And let's not compare the two series please, they're fairly different and the thing is Fate isn't exactly telling this overall grand plot unlike Index. There is mysterious there which has remained mostly unanswered so many novels on.

There's a real fear this will just be fluff just to bump up the number of novels, because besides NT18 there hasn't been any real development for a long time. So the author needs to start getting on with it.
Hey now, I'm just saying that fandoms in general will make a "waifu" out of anything these days, regardless of what the story is, so my Fate/Stay example is just one of many.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 12:40   Link #1083
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Yeah, it indeed is but normally by the fans only and not what seemed like an offering on a silver platter by the author themselves.
Old 2017-09-11, 12:46   Link #1084
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I'd just like to know how that constitutes as a witch outfit. Take some lessons from Othinus, Aleister.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 13:19   Link #1085
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Much as I like Othi-tan, I don't think genderbent Odin is a good example in this particular case. Also, didn't Crowley basically invent modern magic in the Indexverse? If someone gets to say how a witch looks like, its him/her.

Me, I'm totally ok with this development, though it was a surprise, of course
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 14:13   Link #1086
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Lol this is the best cover we've ever had. It reminds me of the cover for NT 13, but is better in every way.

@Lore_Master & @OH&S Nah. Making this sort of cover work out isn't that strange to me. All of the pieces are already in place. Aleister is a pervert. He's both man and woman, adult and child, saint and sinner, and blah blah blah. It's easy to imagine how this could be in character. We don't know enough about Aleister Crowley yet and he can just fill in all of the holes as he pleases since he's good at that. I understand that we all have different levels of suspension of disbelief. But I'm going to make very clear that as far as I'm concerned, this isn't even close to the level of fetus-controlled pregnant women. Or networks of cockroaches or rhinoceros beetles, or ... well you get my point.

Anyway, I'm pretty hyped for this next volume. Aleister Crowley is currently tied for my #1 most beloved character in this series along with Touma. Am interested to see what he's also planning on doing with all of the other protagonists too in this volume. I can't wait lol. Hopefully Accelerator and Hamazura get more than 2 lines of dialogue/action lol.

Also, Kamachi has always made waifus or crazy stuff out of everything without ever losing the seriousness of his tone. I'm still amused that y'all assume his writing is going to get worse after he wrote something y'all loved so much in NT 18. I mean, really? How freaking skeptical do y'all have to be? Like, there's nothing wrong with being skeptical, but after 40 volumes or so, this same d*mn charade gets REALLY tiring lol. Every volume, the cover or spoilers and plot summary comes out and y'all hate it, and then you say it's going to suck and that he can't handle it, and then the novel happens, and then y'all say it's amazing or wonderful, and then you say you were sorry for doubting him. Ugh, please just stop already. The author's authority comes from his own writing, and Kamachi's authority has already been well-established. If he can't handle this premise, I'll eat my computer.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 14:22   Link #1087
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
I am seemingly the only one bothered by the knowledge that there are people that will now genuinely make a waifu out of Aleister Crowley thanks to this bloody cover.

There's no God to save us...
Yet Crowley his dog and the normal high school student kill them all well at less in this series.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 14:30   Link #1088
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
I... can't exactly blame Haimura for a plot point he didn't write. Like Aleister's next form being a female one when it was perfectly fine when he was a man. Haimura kinda has to go along with it now that it's done and cannot be undone.

At this point I fairly agree with Loremaster and hope there was an actual point to the switch rather than mindlessly bait people into wanting to ship Aleister and Touma next. It'd be a pretty disappointing marketing strategy for the series and would... uh, worry me as to what Japan considers an okay waifu.

But hey, at least this cover could be a pretty fair insight as to what future novels await for those who watch S3... Can't keep those simple anime watchers basking in delusions for too long when we're dealing with Imagine Breaker and his next Othinus-level waifu...
Well Crowley next form is over billion him/her who are attacking the United Kingdom as this happen there most likey will be an old man verson of him too.

I just hope this novel explain this whole possibilities thing that cause over a billions Crowley to show up.
Old 2017-09-11, 15:02   Link #1089
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

First I want to say Ladiusman sorry for being rude, it seem I came on a bit harshly. So I offer my apologies and also just @Loremaster Dinv not Lore_Master as that seems strange.

Also I'll be happily to discuss the finer points to why I don't think Kamachi is a good author as it seems to be implied. He has many ups and many downs which has dragged on the heels of this series. But I'll do that in a thread made for that purpose. So I'll no longer discuss that point until such a place is made here. But also the focus on an unoriginal and rather steprtypical form of Alesiter really doesn't give me faith. I mean he has billions of possibilities why that... sigh.
Old 2017-09-11, 15:19   Link #1090
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
First I want to say Ladiusman sorry for being rude, it seem I came on a bit harshly. So I offer my apologies and also just @Loremaster Dinv not Lore_Master as that seems strange.

Also I'll be happily to discuss the finer points to why I don't think Kamachi is a good author as it seems to be implied. He has many ups and many downs which has dragged on the heels of this series. But I'll do that in a thread made for that purpose. So I'll no longer discuss that point until such a place is made here. But also the focus on an unoriginal and rather steprtypical form of Alesiter really doesn't give me faith. I mean he has billions of possibilities why that... sigh.
My bad for that typo ........... Also .....

Lol. I'd honestly like to see your opinions since I'm relatively new to writing and want to improve as a fledgling author (for writing novels in the future), and so I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. I recognize his faults. I just generally overlook them because I like how for me Kamachi is so much better at stuff no one else does even if he tends to be bad at stuff everyone is decent at. Maybe we could request a thread about it?

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 15:21   Link #1091
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Go request a thread and I'll be happy to partake in it.
Old 2017-09-11, 15:26   Link #1092
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But also the focus on an unoriginal and rather steprtypical form of Alesiter really doesn't give me faith. I mean he has billions of possibilities why that... sigh.
Before it's forgotten, I'm not sure if you got what the Aleister possibilities mean. That middle school Aleister is not the same one that we know. They can't be, if he was worried about his other possibilities fighting each other. And there isn't just one Aleister at once, because all of them are invading the British Commonwealth. This is just one of those billions.

We all know why the first one that gets focus is this one, obviously. This is Kamachi we're talking about. It isn't like he chose each possibility though, it seems they're to be taken at face value, just every possibility of what he could have been but didn't become.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 15:53   Link #1093
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Before it's forgotten, I'm not sure if you got what the Aleister possibilities mean. That middle school Aleister is not the same one that we know. They can't be, if he was worried about his other possibilities fighting each other. And there isn't just one Aleister at once, because all of them are invading the British Commonwealth. This is just one of those billions.

We all know why the first one that gets focus is this one, obviously. This is Kamachi we're talking about. It isn't like he chose each possibility though, it seems they're to be taken at face value, just every possibility of what he could have been but didn't become.
So your saying we will see a Normal High School Student verson of Crowley
Old 2017-09-11, 15:59   Link #1094
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post

Well, that is generally the same thing I got from all these possibilities. Ranging from totally different versions of Aleister like they're from different dimensions and up to the idea that many of these Aleisters are also versions who made different life choices.

But there are so many better options to start with and to focus on the gender-bent younger version was so typical and disappointing. I just feel that are so many better choices to start with... but putting that aside I'm interested in the logistics and logic behind the attack on the UK.
Old 2017-09-11, 16:16   Link #1095
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Those madmen Kamachi and Haimura have done it again!

I can tell this novel will certainly be good for a laugh, if nothing else.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 23:12   Link #1096
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Hand me over the bleach, I still see Manleister with that art.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 00:46   Link #1097
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Hand me over the bleach, I still see Manleister with that art.
Um, what is that suppose to mean???
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 05:52   Link #1098
KiharaRonin

BEST COVER IN INDEX HISTORY!!!

Seriously though, FemAleister caught me off guard and I hope Kamachi doesn't let us down. The Possibilities (even if it seems like he was watching Rick and Morty) are an interesting concept.

Also, let's not forget he genderbent Odin and from what it looks like Coronzon too.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 07:31   Link #1099
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

There is a sort of difference between Odin (Othinus) and Aleister in this situation, one entered this series as a female character so establishing that from the get go. The other was a long standing character who suddenly has been gender-bent to fit what will probably to please a small stereotype.
Old 2017-09-12, 09:47   Link #1100
KiharaRonin

Quote:
There is a sort of difference between Odin (Othinus) and Aleister in this situation, one entered this series as a female character so establishing that from the get go. The other was a long standing character who suddenly has been gender-bent to fit what will probably to please a small stereotype.
Its still a fun turn of events though. It might be a hard change to get used to but she's probably gonna be the only Possibility to survive this ordeal so hopefully she's a fun tolerable character.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote