AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-05-11, 20:12   Link #1
Dark_Violet_Knight

Location: I live all around stuff.. everywhere is full of stuff!
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_Violet_Knight
One OVA

Yea.. i just watched this anime and I am lost. I didnt know what was past or present, Real or memories. Maybe I'll watch it again, but I am just not getting it can someone explain to me.. like the guy that made the promises ( Orihara Kouhei ) what is he a ghost, how does he dissappear after jsut talking with the girls he made promises to. He didnt actually fufill any of the promises that he was suppose to and that other guy that looks just like him.
Dark_Violet_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 21:43   Link #2
SåßrêStrïké

Send a message via AIM to SåßrêStrïké
I'm guessing there's supposed to be more than one OVA, but hell if I know. I'd like a little explanination myself.
SåßrêStrïké is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-11, 21:54   Link #3
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SåßrêStrïké
I'm guessing there's supposed to be more than one OVA, but hell if I know. I'd like a little explanination myself.
There are 4 oav episodes for ONE. Each one explores his memories more and more. However, I thought the anime-ization of the game was quite poor, as it keeps the typical viewer confused. It might be much better if you had played the game, but that shouldn't be a determining factor in a good anime. There's a post on this forum or maybe Soldats' forum that explains the story behind ONE, and I'm too lazy to dig it up.
Also, keep in mind that ONE isn't totally based in reality. If you're willing to accept the same amount of the supernatural as in Kanon, then it would be alright.
There might be another OAV series, but that might be an H one.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-12, 00:39   Link #4
Kokushi_Musou
太鼓の達人

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
There are 4 oav episodes for ONE. Each one explores his memories more and more. However, I thought the anime-ization of the game was quite poor, as it keeps the typical viewer confused. It might be much better if you had played the game, but that shouldn't be a determining factor in a good anime. There's a post on this forum or maybe Soldats' forum that explains the story behind ONE, and I'm too lazy to dig it up.
Also, keep in mind that ONE isn't totally based in reality. If you're willing to accept the same amount of the supernatural as in Kanon, then it would be alright.
I'd say there's more of a supernatural element in ONE but unlike Kanon it's not painfully obvious. Even at some of the endings in the game...you are still left wondering what the hell happened. I had to play it over and listen to some of the drama CDs to get (what I think) the real plot/story is. Overall once I did get it I like it very much. I suggest you watch the rest of the series assuming you can stop yourself from sleeping because you don't know what's hapenning. There is another series but yes it is hentai *damn it, my Misaki-senpai~~*
Kokushi_Musou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 09:11   Link #5
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Argh! What am I Watching??

Anyone know about this anime named "ONE OVA"?

I've downloaded the 1st 2 episodes of the OVA and I end up having absolute no idea what I'm watching about??

All i know is that there's some pretty girls with unknown promise... 1st episodes theme is on Piano, 2nd ep theme is on violin.

What or who is this Orihara Kyouhei guy?? What relation do he have with the girls??

Argh~! I really have no idea what i'm watching.... anyone can explain to me???
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 12:46   Link #6
silviachan

I had to re-watch every episode again everytime I saw the new one, but I still enjoyed the series.

Quote:
It should be hentai as far as I know, and it's named True stories... BTW, do you know if any group's gonna sub it?
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 00:29   Link #7
Greenish Growth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Anyone know about this anime named "ONE OVA"?

I've downloaded the 1st 2 episodes of the OVA and I end up having absolute no idea what I'm watching about??
I wish I had printed out the explanation of it when I had it earlier because it's real hard for me to find it now.

Spoiler:

The first One OVA series was pretty confusing to me. The story felt to me as though it was told from an outsiders point of view looking in. It's almost like you're standing there with the "Ghost of Christmas Present" watching what everyone is doing. Much of the first One series consisted of short vignettes of the different characters. The artsy scene switches were interesting for me to look at, but they're not something I much feel like rewatching because I don't feel much connection to the characters (not having played the game).

I like the second One OVA series better. It shows everything from the point of view of Kouhei so you get to feel some of the frustration of what he's going through. You root for him to break out of the time loop or whatever that he's stuck in. The second One OVA also feels more dramatic to me because nearly all of it takes place in reality (or at least one particular fairly long-standing reality) so the story feels more grounded.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 06:42   Link #8
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth
I wish I had printed out the explanation of it when I had it earlier because it's real hard for me to find it now.

Spoiler:

The first One OVA series was pretty confusing to me. The story felt to me as though it was told from an outsiders point of view looking in. It's almost like you're standing there with the "Ghost of Christmas Present" watching what everyone is doing. Much of the first One series consisted of short vignettes of the different characters. The artsy scene switches were interesting for me to look at, but they're not something I much feel like rewatching because I don't feel much connection to the characters (not having played the game).

I like the second One OVA series better. It shows everything from the point of view of Kouhei so you get to feel some of the frustration of what he's going through. You root for him to break out of the time loop or whatever that he's stuck in. The second One OVA also feels more dramatic to me because nearly all of it takes place in reality (or at least one particular fairly long-standing reality) so the story feels more grounded.
Errr.... this anime is more "Fushigi" then Evangelion....
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 11:06   Link #9
Laiko

One - A Shining Season? [Spoiler]

I looked and looked...i cant find a thread on this anime so am going to create it.
Currently this series has 4 eps, now people said it was a romance anime and am up to ep 4 the last one...now i have to say this anime is really confusing...at times i thought "oh oh i see" then later "huh?". Hopefully the story comes out all clear at the end...
Laiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 11:38   Link #10
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiko
I looked and looked...i cant find a thread on this anime so am going to create it.
Shame you didn't look at the sticky in this forum, Series Discussion Index, that would have given you your answer
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 12:00   Link #11
Laiko

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
Shame you didn't look at the sticky in this forum, Series Discussion Index, that would have given you your answer
Ooh...i feel pretty much owned by that..=\

Soo...Orihara Kouhei was stuck in some kind of time repeation or something?
So he got help from that boy who looks exactly like him? um...whats his name H something...bahh!!..
Laiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-29, 04:04   Link #12
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

just watched this OVA... somewhat like the art and quite like the music... and I think I understand most part of the story (mostly about the girls), however there are several things I don't understand:

1) who, or what, is Hikami? Is he a real student in the school? Is he even a human or not?

2) what exactly happened to Kouhei one year ago, before Rumi and Mizuka meet?

3) why it seems Kouhei can appear in different locations at the same time?

4) what exactly happened in the end? Suddenly they get warped to the street and reunite or what?

Anyone can help explain it? thanks. (I'm not sure, but it seems the moral of the story is that you shouldn't make promises to girls casually, else if you can't fulfill the promises you'll get locked in eternity or something to repent for your sins? )
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 07:17   Link #13
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok im a little confused too.

so that guy who was playing the piano and kept saying Orihara Kouhei will come back, was that like a split personality or something? this show was pretty hard to follow. i guess at the end he made it back? i hear the game was real popular. is that worth checking out or is it basically the same fuzzy feeling as this.

the part about dropping the fruit in the water. i didnt really get that. i guess it was a past memory when he was with that girl a long time ago?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 13:03   Link #14
martino
makes no files now

I was like wtf after this anime as well and I still don't get it. The hentai version seems to be easier to understand...
Old 2006-06-20, 13:13   Link #15
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I was like wtf after this anime as well and I still don't get it. The hentai version seems to be easier to understand...
I find that ironically amusing.

Better check out the hentai version then!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-20, 13:41   Link #16
martino
makes no files now

Yeah...me too

The plot is put in a simpler way, there are also less characters that he made a promise with and also Kouhei explains some stuff himself(you can see deeper inside him)...but I was still a bit "wtf" after it...
Old 2007-03-21, 11:58   Link #17
fairy_mouse

I am finding the links to downlaod ONE OVA 4 movie, would you please give me the links to downlaod them.

I don't care the kind of link but megaupload links are easier to downlaod.

Thank you very much
fairy_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 12:07   Link #18
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

It is listed on the main animsuki site, or did you not realise that this is more than just an anime forum and actually lists torrents as well?

http://a.scarywater.net/soldats/

^ the only one that looks like it actually has seeds.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote