AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-04, 15:45   Link #101
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Are mimics like hermit crabs, and use existing chests and cabinets as shells, or do they grow their own shells to look like furniture?

And what about living armors?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 16:00   Link #102
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Uh, Halflings have always had ages slightly above the norm for Humans -- even low fantasy settings have them live well beyond the 120s (though they'd be of venerable age at this point). They're well below dwarves and elves though.

Take note though for someone like Marsilla (who's adolescent period would be like something in the 70s), it's no surprise Chikchak's treated this way.
Old 2015-10-05, 08:47   Link #103
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Are mimics like hermit crabs, and use existing chests and cabinets as shells, or do they grow their own shells to look like furniture?

And what about living armors?
I think they use existing chests and cabinets. Should lay enough of them around in that city/castle after all. Living armor though seems to be self-made which is seriously incredible from those tiny monsters! This means they know not only how to produce iron on their skin but also have entouhg teamwork to connect to each other as well as the instinct to form a humanoid armor with each of them having their own "muscle" place to move the armor around! One hell of an amazing monster!
I wonder what they eat though.

Also looks like Dungeon Meshi got first place in the 2015 Natalie Comic Award list for best manga published last year: http://origin-comic-award2015.natalie.mu/2015/

Looks good for DM I'd say.
Btw, Naruto got 3 votes, 2 of them from a BL company. xDDD
Old 2015-10-06, 11:25   Link #104
ellifeedn
Thinker

New chapter is out.
Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 12:12   Link #105
marvelB

I love that this was a Senshi AND Marsilla-centric chapter. Development between my two favorite characters!

Also, kinda interesting that Laius was being the sensible one for once when warning Senshi about the kelpie. Oh well, I guess in addition to soap, the monster will make for some good horse/fish meat. Also, I assume the castle town in the lake is the same one from the painting chapter?

....And admittedly, I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get the braided beard at the end of the chapter. I was still amused by the result, though!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 12:16   Link #106
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The last chapter of volume 2 is out.
Spoiler for c14:

Next scanlation will probably be extra info about the livestock monsters introduced in volume 2.
Old 2015-10-06, 13:57   Link #107
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I think they use existing chests and cabinets. Should lay enough of them around in that city/castle after all.
Yeah, but hiding in a closet is not really mimicry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I love that this was a Senshi AND Marsilla-centric chapter. Development between my two favorite characters!
It was all rather touching. Also, we learned the secret of the famed dwarven magic resistance!

Quote:
Also, kinda interesting that Laius was being the sensible one for once when warning Senshi about the kelpie.
The voice of experience. It's not really the first time. It's easy to forget it when he dorks out over monsters, but before the incident with the dragon, he was the leader of a top party of adventurers, after all.
Old 2015-10-06, 14:25   Link #108
cupumanager

Quote:
It was all rather touching. Also, we learned the secret of the famed dwarven magic resistance!
This. Totally this.

All he needed are runic beard braids - then he would be a wizard between dwarfs

Quote:
Also, kinda interesting that Laius was being the sensible one for once when warning Senshi about the kelpie.
Quote:
The voice of experience. It's not really the first time. It's easy to forget it when he dorks out over monsters, but before the incident with the dragon, he was the leader of a top party of adventurers, after all.
Nah, he's just bummed he don't get to eat anything - hey, Kelpies looks edible...

This chapter...is one sad chapter that made me laugh more than any other chapter...

Also, Marsilla actually cooking! and doing something that really works.

Quote:
Also, I assume the castle town in the lake is the same one from the painting chapter?
Oh? oooh! It do resemble it!
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 14:34   Link #109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
Nah, he's just bummed he don't get to eat anything - hey, Kelpies looks edible...
Did you miss the bit where the exact same thing happened to him and his sister bailed him out?
Old 2015-10-06, 15:14   Link #110
cupumanager

Quote:
Did you miss the bit where the exact same thing happened to him and his sister bailed him out?
Not comedic enough. Besides, eventually he would cook and eat that dragon, so he can eat with his sister what ate her.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 22:00   Link #111
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Good to see Marsilla and Senshi getting along well.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 05:47   Link #112
kaikalaila

I guess Lauis was charmed by many charming monster before. Poor Senshi but on other hand gratz for the cleaned beard.
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 12:20   Link #113
James Rye

Laius was great in this chapter, Cautious, level-headed, prepared, a true leader. Too bad we get to see this side so rarely due his monster otaku side of his. xD

Good to see that even the dungeon expert Senshi can make mistakes like with Anne. And that Marsilla's magic finally becomes really useful and important in their journey. Plus those two got to settle their magic use disput about whenever it is used too much or needed to be used, etc. Senshi crying some tears for having to butcher Anne at the end was cute too. Dude loves his monsters as much as Laius.

Marsilla's elf ears were really expressive this chapter, getting red of excitement or dropping all the way down after washing Senshi's beard and he looks so... weird before the whole POFF thingie. xD
Old 2015-10-07, 14:29   Link #114
marvelB

Hey, guys! More Monster Tidbits!

And this one is even better than the first, IMO! My favorite part was definitely the one about the orc women..... I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda with Laius on this one. Those orc women are damn fine. I just wouldn't go for the ones already married, though (and that's despite my love for milfs....).

The painting doodle was great, too. And hey, who would've thought that brewing alcohol was a form of necromancy?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 14:56   Link #115
ellifeedn
Thinker

I was amused by the Thing reference (with the mimic).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 15:01   Link #116
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I thought the funniest bit about Senshi's beard was Chilchak's reaction. He really is a kid.
Old 2015-10-13, 10:54   Link #117
bakato

The party is revived and seek out our heroes believing they stole their treasure, but they are quickly taken out by a combination of mermaids and fish people(?).

Well, that's one way of warding off mermaids. Singing along. Chilcack is unfortunately vehemently opposed to eating the merfolk. Though Laius does secure some hair.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-13, 11:23   Link #118
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Laius is right through, why cows and pig but not merfolk (althought they look more like Kuo-toa) when the cows and pigs are are closer to human then the fish folk?
Old 2015-10-13, 14:14   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That other party is becoming less and less likable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Laius is right through, why cows and pig but not merfolk (althought they look more like Kuo-toa) when the cows and pigs are are closer to human then the fish folk?
When the cows start forging their own weapons, I'll... think about it.
Old 2015-10-13, 14:31   Link #120
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
That other party is becoming less and less likable.

When the cows start forging their own weapons, I'll... think about it.
they live underwater, i doubt they forge it themselves.

Tags
comedy, cooking, dungeons, fantasy