Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 16:03   Link #1141
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizugetsu View Post
while i may be over-reacting to this movie am i the only one who got very angry when

ichigo went bankai and look liked he was having issues against hisagi who hadn't released
He was probably just distracted by how much cooler Hisagi is than him.
Ichigo: woah that's a sweet tattoo, I wish I had black hair.
Old 2009-10-05, 18:03   Link #1142
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
while i may be over-reacting to this movie am i the only one who got very angry when

ichigo went bankai and look liked he was having issues against hisagi who hadn't released
Really? I think it's pretty simple and Ichigo said it himself. He didn't want to fight Hisagi and hence he wasn't serious. He just wanted to evade the fight. One theory anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
He was probably just distracted by how much cooler Hisagi is than him.
Ichigo: woah that's a sweet tattoo, I wish I had black hair.
That is a second theory
Old 2009-10-05, 18:15   Link #1143
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:

He didn't want to hurt Hisagi though.
Old 2009-10-05, 20:28   Link #1144
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I couldn't care less about Rukia's character
It takes guts to say that in a thread Hellychan is likely to read.

My bad.
Hahaha!! No worry I don't bite, I just eat

j/k You are free to have your own opinion (however it's to be expected to see a lot of Rukia in a Rukia-centered movie, isn't it? )

Concerning the movie I would have liked to see more of Dark Rukia, I mean before the movie came out (and when we were still offered the trailers only), I thought she would have a personality on her own (and not just be a merging of the siblings and herself only...).

On another note, I remember someone mentionned it before, concerning the title of the movie:
"Fade to Black" would be refering to Rukia returning back to being a shinigami after Ichigo pierced her with his zanpakutou (as shown by the return of her Black shinigami robe).
This is constrasting with "Bleach" which was the starting point of the series, and when Rukia gave her shinigami power to Ichigo by piercing him with her zanpakutou (and remained with her White/"Bleached" robe)...I find it quite meaningful...well just saying
Old 2009-10-05, 21:36   Link #1145
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
Hahaha!! No worry I don't bite, I just eat
*lol* Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan View Post
j/k You are free to have your own opinion (however it's to be expected to see a lot of Rukia in a Rukia-centered movie, isn't it? )
You'll see no argument from me there.
Old 2009-10-06, 00:36   Link #1146
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Kenpachi's scream of GAR never gets old. Movie was ok at best imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No real reason is because Yamamoto has only one turn per phase.
Almost died laughing at that ^^

Last edited by cloak_and_dagger; 2009-10-06 at 01:35.
Old 2009-10-06, 02:29   Link #1147
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Movie was about as good as any shounen movie can be i guess: plot was contrived and uninteresting, lots of examples of poor power level management (hollow mask on random snakes but not during final battle?), and saturated throughout by flashbacks of the first few arcs. Rukia's screaming also really got on my nerves, and i generally like her character. She can be drawn very beautifully if done correctly, sadly the animators chose to give her a lot of very abstract shots with distorted facial proportions that leaped from barely noticeable to obnoxious. No sode no shirayuki presence was kind of lame, but hisagi and urahara using their shikai was awesome so i guess it balances out. Overall i thought it was more watchable than the previous two movies, but certainly nothing groundbreaking. I also found it confusing why Japanese shippers were all in a fuss about this movie, i hardly noticed any IchiRuki moments that implied more than a nakama relationship. pretty much just the urahara question, which is ambiguous at best.
Old 2009-10-06, 18:47   Link #1148
Scarlett_Rain55

This movie was flat out BORING. The entire movie was just Ichigo wondering around and calling Rukia his friend. The animation wasn't even that great(more or less just a good animated episode of bleach), the characters looked terrible especially Rukia, and Ichigo was drawn horribly. The colors weren't as vibrant and colorful like the first movie, which I think has the best animation btw. Also those scenes where someone tries to remember who rukia is was cringe worthy and badly placed. Something about this movie felt very off, and been there done that kind of thing. I mean the final battle reminded me of the second movie pretty much. This movie wasn't even ichiruki as those crazy gals made it out to be...it was painfully obvious he just refered to her as a friend only.

Only good thing was seeing Ichigo in that hot red shirt of his. And the last fight, but it was kind of short.
I still think Memories of a Nobody was better, even though that ho senna piggybackriding on my man.
Old 2009-10-07, 11:53   Link #1149
SeanQ

Lol very boring movie...seems like the main point of the movie was to get the viewers to remember that Ichigo is the main character...
________
Oregon dispensaries

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:15.
Old 2009-10-07, 12:33   Link #1150
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I liked the parts with Urahara though im still confused on how he got into soul society I just wished they had explained that
Old 2009-10-07, 15:11   Link #1151
sayde

He came to Soul Society the same way Ichigo did. Urahara has his own secret Senkai gate.
Old 2009-10-07, 15:23   Link #1152
SeanQ

The plot was also kind of stupid...all that catastrophe for just a pair of names...? My gosh, they couldn't just name each other...like Kenpachi? and all the dialogues seemed to be just...
Ichigo: "Hey, I'm Ichigo"
X: "What?"
Ichigo: "I'm Ichigo"
X: "So...?"
Ichigo: "Ah...you're attacking me" *runs*
________
Vaporgenie Vaporizer

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:15.
Old 2009-10-07, 17:03   Link #1153
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I get he has the secret gate and all but i assumed he was physically unable to enter ss
Old 2009-10-07, 17:15   Link #1154
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I think this is the best movie yet. The overall story was engaging (not the actual plot):

Spoiler for thoughts:

That's it. 7/10
Old 2009-10-07, 17:21   Link #1155
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
I get he has the secret gate and all but i assumed he was physically unable to enter ss
It's possible that might've been the case had central 46 gotten the opportunity to properly carry Urahara's sentence. But that's not the case. Besides, even if for whatever reason it wasn't possible for Urahara to step foot back in SS, I doubt it would matter for long. Urahara a scientist afterall. Coming up with ways around stuff like this is probably second nature to him by now.
Old 2009-10-07, 22:27   Link #1156
Scarlett_Rain55

The buildup to anything wasn't that great. Considering this is all happened in just a day...And how many times are we going to have SS bankai showing off fests?
Old 2009-10-08, 00:03   Link #1157
Jays

Seems like the same basic concept of the last movie - Diamond Dust Rebellion(?).

In general the movie was boring, the setting and characters have been consistently overused to the point of a slow suffocating death. I look at the Soul Society and it's inhabitants with sheer discontempt, they've become boring and stale. Moreover the antagonist and their wimpy story helped to reinforce the sheer stupidity of this movie.

I forget the name of the first movie, but it was more or less interesting, a surprisingly laid back story by comparison to the past two. I found myself skipping forward through the fan service seeing as it was again boring as hell. I simply can't come up with one good thing to say about this movie. I understand this is a Shonen series but man oh man I felt brain dead after watching this hunk of crap.

"I wish I had more hands so I could give this FOUR THUMBS DOWN!"
Old 2009-10-08, 04:01   Link #1158
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ιt has been said before but the problem with Bleachverse is its few settings. There is Karakura as starting ground, SS as sparing ground and HM as the place all baddies come from. Kubo made it so simple, there is no way to have variety. And by the way, variety means something extra and not more of the same. Having 100 characters that have nothing else to show other than transforming swords is way past repetitive and tiresome.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:02   Link #1159
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
The animation wasn't even that great(more or less just a good animated episode of bleach)
eh? the animation overall stood out much more than a simply good animated episode. If I were to compare the movie to a particular episode, it would be the one where Ichigo fought Grimmjow for the first time.

Quote:
Ιt has been said before but the problem with Bleachverse is its few settings.
not just the Bleachverse.
Old 2009-10-08, 04:11   Link #1160
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
not just the Bleachverse.
I meant the problem of making an interesting story for a movie. I know EVERYTHING is now a problem in it.
Closed Thread

Tags
call out your name