AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 16:49   Link #1
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Tekken 6: Boodline Rebellion

Ok, so I couldn't find a thread dealing with this game, so I thought this should definitely get one since we're drawing ever closer to its release.

Quote:
Tekken 6 is the latest installment of Namco Bandai's Tekken series, which was released in Japanese arcades on November 26, 2007. It is the first game to be released on the PlayStation 3-based System 357 arcade board. An updated version was released in the arcades in 2008 named Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion. It featured new stages and characters. The game was planned for a 2008 release, however, at the Tokyo Game Show in 2008, the title was announced controversially for the Xbox 360, thus delaying the game until 2009. The Tekken series had previously been exclusive to the PlayStation brand. Console versions based on Bloodline Rebellion will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation Portable in October 2009. The PlayStation Portable version will feature additional content to its console counterparts. On October 9th 2009, it was announced that development of Tekken 6 had ceased, and development on the title finished, ready for mass production of the title.
So it was not long ago that Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion will soon be out for console gaming, and has been out for a while in arcades in Japan, adding to my list of reasons to go there even if it costs me my life. I've been a fan of Tekken ever since its third installment and this is probably the only thing apart from Price of Persia for which I'm a complete fanboy.

New things to look for in this game are:

1. New RAGE system: Once your character or your opponent's health bar reaches a certain point, you or your opponent's attacks become stronger, enabling either player (computer controlled or not) to have a chance for a comeback KO. A red aura, which can be changed and customized as you get more money, will appear around the character when it enters RAGE mode.

2. New bounce system: What this does is allow for new and improved ground combos or juggles when your opponent is smashed to the ground and stunned for a short period of time. This also allows for a greater variety of wall combos.

3. Motion blur: This makes movements seem more realistic by making their movements slightly blurred.

4. More customization options: This was first introduced in Tekken 5 and players really appreciated this. Namco thus decided to improve on this and give players more options on how they want their characters to look. I'll have to admit, some of the options available are really out there (imagine Lei with blond hair), but it makes for an interesting setting. Characters are also able to use some of the items you buy. Miguel can smash people with his guitar for instance.

5. An extra mode called "Scenario Campaign" which is really similar to "Tekken Force" seen in Tekken 3 and "Devil Within" in Tekken 4. New things in this campaign that weren't previously seen is that characters are able to pick up weapons, from poles to gatling guns.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 19:11   Link #2
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I'm glad to see they expanded on the character customization, since that is one of my favorite joys in fighting games. The character roster also appears to be the best the series has had and can't wait to play the new characters.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 00:30   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see how they managed the movement flow and combo strings in this one! New modes always have my interest, and seeing how TEKKEN was the first game I played on PSX, I'm definitely getting this one on PSP
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:30   Link #4
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm glad to see they expanded on the character customization, since that is one of my favorite joys in fighting games. The character roster also appears to be the best the series has had and can't wait to play the new characters.
Yeah, the new roster's amazing. There are a few characters I don't really like, such as Bob. Well, he's actually the only one I find weird, but I'm planning on learning to play Miguel the most. Another thing I really want to know is the story behind Azazel and how he's related to the Devil gene. Azazel is, afterall, considered to be associated with the ritual day of atonement in Jewish scriptures.
Old 2009-10-22, 01:31   Link #5
Galatea33
the opposing wind

Send a message via Yahoo to Galatea33
Can't wait for it NINA is gonna be awesome

* Read da sig and do it! Cos' Ophelia says sO
Galatea33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 01:45   Link #6
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea33 View Post
Can't wait for it NINA is gonna be awesome

Hmm, Nina's alright, although in terms of female characters, Asuka Kazama and Lili are my absolute faves. I think Alina Boskonovich is really hot too. Too bad she's a cyborg

Spoiler for T6:
Old 2009-10-22, 12:28   Link #7
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Hmm, Nina's alright, although in terms of female characters, Asuka Kazama and Lili are my absolute faves. I think Alina Boskonovich is really hot too. Too bad she's a cyborg

Spoiler for T6:
Asuka is one of my favorite female characters as well. Her and Christie are probably my two favorites female characters. Christie's fighting style is just pure win.
Old 2009-10-22, 12:28   Link #8
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

My favorite characters are Xiaoyu, Lili, and Alisa. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll ever be able to get this game, but I'd love to play it one day.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 12:38   Link #9
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Asuka is one of my favorite female characters as well. Her and Christie are probably my two favorites female characters. Christie's fighting style is just pure win.
I always thought Christie was a bit of a copy of Eddie but when I played as her, she gave the style a whole new look and I liked that about her. Since you like customizations, Christie can actually use a volleyball in a fight. I've seen a vid where she does that on utube if you're interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
My favorite characters are Xiaoyu, Lili, and Alisa. Unfortunately I don't know if I'll ever be able to get this game, but I'd love to play it one day.
Lili FTMFW

Alisa's awesome. She can use her head to blow people up.
Old 2009-10-22, 13:05   Link #10
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Leo is one of my favorites girls reverse trap FTW! Along with Lili and Cristie. Heck all the tekken girls and women are babes!

Iam interested also in the storyline, since Tekken has multiple endings, but as always the main character has the end is the real ending since T1. Also seeing Bryan Fury and Paul Phoenix in the promo seems to be interesting development, along with Law vs Feng Wei Btw is there a news that it'll come to psp? Also the new customization is probably one of the best features here.

Wonder how will Heihachi's story play here? Also did anyone notice there was a caped figure on the background when Heihachi was coming out of the grave in his T5/T5DR storyline mode? Lars?

Spoiler for Lars:
Old 2009-10-22, 13:07   Link #11
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I always thought Christie was a bit of a copy of Eddie but when I played as her, she gave the style a whole new look and I liked that about her. Since you like customizations, Christie can actually use a volleyball in a fight. I've seen a vid where she does that on utube if you're interested.
Freaking sweet.

This customization stuff is sounding sweet. I cant wait to see what customizations come with the other characters as well.
Old 2009-10-22, 13:26   Link #12
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Tekken 6 is indeed coming out for the PSP as well as PS3 and X360 this month =D
I still don't have a PS3 but I will be getting one soon. I'm getting the game for the PSP the moment it comes out though.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:10   Link #13
7h3 Ru551an
Demonic Ice Warrior

MUST HAVE!!! i will make my friend get it
7h3 Ru551an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:06   Link #14
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

I don't know if the release date is different in certain countries, but I know that GAME in the UK is releasing Tekken 6 on October 30th now. 7 days until the Bloodline Rebellion
Old 2009-10-23, 16:54   Link #15
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I ordered my copy this morning, check this evening and what do you know, it's been dispatched, obviously due to the postal strokes that have started, here's hoping I get it a little early.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 17:28   Link #16
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's already out in quite a few places in america, hoping the AUS release gets street broken asap as well.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 02:03   Link #17
Woopzilla
Desensitized

I'll be waiting for my birthday to get it... which is a day atfer release.

I've had Tekken 5 for the PS2... so when DR came out for the PS3 I didn't feel like spending money on it again. I'm therefore looking forward to just play as Lili!

I like the how the customization options have been vastly expanded. You can even make Eddy look like Waldo...

Old 2009-10-24, 03:22   Link #18
Woopzilla
Desensitized

So you're saying with luck you can get nearly everything for free? That's good to hear... although hopefully it won't be pre-determined items like in T5. In T5 you could get some items for free by fully completing each level in the the Devil Within scenario.

I've seen videos of T5DR for the PS3 (or maybe the PSP) where people were earning 10's of thousands of credits for playing a bit into Survival or Arcade mode? Can someone confirm that? I've tried looking around but most 'easy money' guides refer to T5 for the PS2 (maybe those guides weren't needed for DR :P). In T5 the most you could hope for is 4000 at the end of a higher ranking match in arcade mode followed by a lucky x10 'roulette' bonus... So if they also have this increased amounts of credits being handed out in T6, then getting a few million shouldn't be that hard.

EDIT: I can't seem to find the video I've seen, but survival awards alot more for sure.... but I could swear I saw 10k just being handed out like that. :P
Old 2009-10-24, 11:03   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seeing Tekken to be ported to PS3 and PSP is sweet! Man I can't wait to customize Paul and Cristie! Seeing also the Tekken force preview with Nancy the giant bonus stage robot is awesome! We get to control a huge machine that nearly takes 1/3 of the screen.

Old 2009-10-24, 11:36   Link #20
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Wait... is Tekken Force is going to be multiplayer? If so, that's awesome!

Really looking forward to the online aspect of the game. Since I've never had anyone decent to fight against except for a few button bashers. :P

Tags
fighting game