AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-09-06, 16:38   Link #1
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

Post Naruto ending credits song

I really hate the ending song for naruto. Its a bunch of japanesse people trying to speak english. At first, you don't mind, but the more ep you watch the more annoying it gets. The only reason i tolerate it is so i can see the preview of the next ep.

Post here on your thoughts on this
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 17:44   Link #2
hooliganj
Team Player

I assume you mean Wind, the first ending. There are six different endings, but that was the only one to feature english lyrics. It wasn't great, but it wasn't that bad. If you want cheesy engrish lyrics, check out the openings to Berserk or Hellsing.

Shouldn't this be in the Naruto forum?
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 02:54   Link #3
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
I really hate the ending song for naruto. Its a bunch of japanesse people trying to speak english. At first, you don't mind, but the more ep you watch the more annoying it gets. The only reason i tolerate it is so i can see the preview of the next ep.

Post here on your thoughts on this
Maybe you haven't noticed but every country tries to speak English. English is not an elective in Japan, it's REQUIRED in school (like Math). Same goes pretty much every other country.

And Wind is the best ending song I've ever heard in my life.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 11:07   Link #4
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
Maybe you haven't noticed but every country tries to speak English. English is not an elective in Japan, it's REQUIRED in school (like Math). Same goes pretty much every other country.

And Wind is the best ending song I've ever heard in my life.
So? Like that makes things different. Many dutch have french classes as well, and they never use french
edit: ps. Wind is a good song, i've heard worse wannabe english songs (ps. the newest pv at mognet has some good english/ even english humour in it, only good japanese english i ever heard (apart from Utada Hikaru)
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 13:48   Link #5
phoenixfire92983

Send a message via ICQ to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via AIM to phoenixfire92983 Send a message via MSN to phoenixfire92983
I have to agree with quick impulse...Wind is horrible. I used to really hate it...but now its gotten to the point where I just find it hilarious. I mean, where else can you find a Japanese song, with people trying to sing in English, and also keep that reggae beat lol

Since you're just starting Naruto, don't let this song get you down. The ending songs get really better. Esp. "Harmonia" by Rhythm. That is a hilarious ending to watch. Just fast forward Wind for now, and you'll be alright
phoenixfire92983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 15:17   Link #6
hooliganj
Team Player

The endings, for completeness:

Wind by Akeboshi (ep 1)
Harmonia by Rythem (ep 26)
Viva Rock by Orange Range (ep 53)
Alive by Raiko (ep 65)
Ima Made Nando Mo by Masu Misairu (ep 78)
Ryusei by TiA (ep 90)

They're following the standard procedure for longer shows, where the ending themes swap out more rapidly the longer the series goes on, so that a hit becomes a vehicle to sell more singles. Not that I mind, since I think Ima Made Nando Mo and Ryusei are both good songs, and I enjoyed Wind and Viva Rock. Alive was alright, but nothing great, while Harmonia was the only ending so far that I didn't like, sorry 'bout that phoenixfire.
Old 2004-09-15, 16:28   Link #7
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

I know its takin me a while to respond to my own thread but here i am. Any way i have only seen 11 ep of naruto so far. I guess wind (correct me if i am wrong) is the name of the group that made the song. Anyway, I have seen Berserk and hellsing. Berserk really has a funny song at the beginning. The beat for berserk isn't too bad though. well thanks for all the posts and keep on posting if you have something to say.
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 17:01   Link #8
Spastic_Hobo

Wind is the greatest anime ED.EVAR. 5/8 > you.
Spastic_Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 19:30   Link #9
Zaken

I personally love the latest ending song (TiA)-Ryusei, the complete extended soundtrack version can be found in supernova under music - anime. It's worth the dl.

btw, I'm a new Naruto fan, a friend gave me burned naruto CDs from 1st to the latest episode... I finished it all in 1 week
Zaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 01:29   Link #10
Kouji
StrykerX

Ehhhhhhh?! *in shock*

That's some major feat dude. Even I can't do that. It's like collecting those impossible Battle Trophies in Star Ocean's Till the End of Time
Old 2004-10-02, 14:04   Link #11
Hatter
Never Knows Best

Man, you guys are nuts. "Wind" is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 20:43   Link #12
Nazz

Some people ( especially those with English as their primary language ) just don't appreciate how difficult it is to learn English. While in many languages there is one word with an absolute meaning, English is one of those languages that has many words with many alternate meanings depending on context. That can be *&#$ing confusing.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the song sounds better than most songs sung in english by people who are fluent in it. Have you listened to the theme songs of american cartoons? HAVE YOU?! They're horrible. Absolutely horrible. The age of good English theme songs was the eighties.

o/' Teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles... o/'
Nazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 21:43   Link #13
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
I guess wind (correct me if i am wrong) is the name of the group that made the song.
You are wrong. Wind is the name of the song. The group is called "Akeboshi."
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 22:38   Link #14
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazz
Some people ( especially those with English as their primary language ) just don't appreciate how difficult it is to learn English. While in many languages there is one word with an absolute meaning, English is one of those languages that has many words with many alternate meanings depending on context. That can be *&#$ing confusing.
Well, that's the same way it is in Japanese. As a native English speaker, I hear the reason English is so difficult to learn is because of the tenses. There's no real way to make something past tense, except for adding '-ed' to it, but there are so many exceptions it's impossible to make it a rule. furthermore, English has all of those silent letters and weird letters combinations and some words that just aren't pronunced the way they look.

Quote:
o/' Teenage mutant ninja turtles, teenage mutant ninja turtles... o/'
Heroes in a half shell! TURTLE POWER!!
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 22:46   Link #15
|Takayanagi|
Member of the Jyuukenbu

Send a message via ICQ to |Takayanagi|
Wind is a very nice song...ok,the guy's english is pretty creepy,but the lyrics pretty much speak for itself...if you take Harmonia as an example,the music and rhythm aren't really good,but the lyrics are only to those who are into the "sasuke&sakura",and that's that...
There is "kanashimi wo yasashisa ni" which the lyrics are a way of life,like wind...so to speak,but the vocal kinda ruins the music...
My opinion,the best song for naruto so far(excluding "sadness and sorrow") is "the massmissile - imamade nandomo",as the song is really nice to hear and the lyrics really are something to think about
|Takayanagi| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 08:09   Link #16
ShikaShika
無罪

Wind is probably my 2nd least favourite Naruto song. It was cool at first because it was different, but now I'm just annoyed every time I hear it. I liked Harumonia alot more.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 18:53   Link #17
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

oh I love Harmonia too.
Back then (in another Naruto thread) i though i was the only one who likes it.
Anyway, I just wish i could find where to Dl the JMV Harmonia.
I can't even find it at Doki Doki site
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 21:32   Link #18
joker85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazz
The age of good English theme songs was the eighties. '
God that is So true... everything just went downhill from there, including the opening sequences.. Now they just have fast cutting scenes of all the characters with techno music.. Pffft!

Anyhoo.. I didn't really mind "Wind" that much.. actually i never really thought about it (them trying to sing in english and all), I assumed that was normal in japan, since learning a second language will give you an accent.
joker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 21:46   Link #19
wakkachubaca

Wind, eh? I find it to be quite a nice song, and I do enjoy hearing it, but it's certainly not thhe best ED I've ever heard. I think Gungrave's takes the prize there.
All the songs so far have been pretty good, if you ignore the videos...
Harmonia is probably the second best of the EDs, so far. I love 'em all!
But, now that I think about it, I don't know the name of the most recent one. Or the new OP. Hmmm...Well, anyways. I'm starting to rant, so I'll just end this here.
wakkachubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 11:48   Link #20
hooliganj
Team Player

New OP in ep 104 - Seishun Kyousou Kyoku (Youth's Wild Melody) by Sambo Master
New ED in ep 104 - Mountain A Go Go Two by Captain Stridum

I love the new opening, but the ending is going to take some getting used to.