AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Heavy Object

Notices

Old 2016-01-22, 14:44   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Alaska in 2 episodes?

If the remaining arcs are 3 episodes each, that would place it at episode 22 to finish Vol 3.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 15:23   Link #42
LazyHunter

So episode 17 adapted Parts 1-5 of chapter 2. It looks like this chapter may get three episodes. I'm curious as to how JCStaff is going to fill out the last episodes once they finish volume 3. Maybe they'll adapt the Oceania SS like the Heavy Object S manga did?
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-19, 16:17   Link #43
LazyHunter

So I think I got an answer for my question about what they are going to do with the remaining episodes, as there's 5 left, and I don't see all of them being used for V3C3. We'll likely have 2 other eps and I don't think they are going to start adapting another volume.

As I've mentioned in the Anime/LN comparison thread, they've altered Charlotte's motives of being in the 37th for the mission. We did have another Black Unifom in vol 7 and some in vol 11 that were doing an inspection on the unit because of Heivia's little sister visiting. This later reason makes me think that in the novel she could have just been there because the unit was being used for the TV program and LK wanted the unit to have a good image. But in the anime she was there to check if Quenser was related to something.

This and the scene with her reporting to a superior that Quenser is in the clear, their victories are not due to a List's scenarios but due to their efforts (the superior also instructs Charlotte to keep pursuing this List...Interesting) and the mentions of Flide, including him escaping prison, makes me think we are in for an anime original finale with Flide as the bad guy, which would explain why he's still in the opening. Which makes me wonder, since Sladder is also in the opening (appearing just after Flide) and we know he's a prisoner of the LK, he might also appear. In fact, if Sladder is involved it might be the reason Quenser was being investigated by Charlotte, since he spared Sladder and captured him alive when he was supposed to kill him.
Old 2016-02-22, 18:51   Link #44
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

@Lazy Hunter
original content? rather apprehensive but I can understand the decision, there would need to be some massive climax or payoff that may not be present in V3CH3.
And I otherwise wouldn't mind a more productive development rather than another small skirmish, that and the two villains are rather under utilised as is. although their characterisation will probably be butchered in the finale; as with Kiyama or Shinobu.

the only question that remains is; how anime will they go? will we get another random humanoid mech appearance or some nonsensical world ending invention plot.
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 07:05   Link #45
LazyHunter

If we get anime original finale I'm just hoping we get an anime original Object like the Exact Javelin and a quick battle. Characters should be easy to do, Flide and Sladder are simple villains so I can't see them screwing them up. Flide might be focused in revenge against Quenser and Heivia since they ruined her high position in the LK. No clue as to what they could do with Sladder if they use it, maybe he designs something for the enemy Object.

Basically, as long as they don't reach Nagai levels of "doesn't understand or care about the source material", I'll be okay with it.
Old 2016-02-24, 01:00   Link #46
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
If we get anime original finale I'm just hoping we get an anime original Object like the Exact Javelin and a quick battle. Characters should be easy to do, Sladder was a simple protagonist so I can't see them screwing him up. Flide might be focused in revenge against Quenser and Heivia since they ruined her high position in the LK. No clue as to what they could do with Sladder if they use it, maybe he designs something for the enemy Object.
They might changed the V3C3 end battle to tie in Flide or someone else; this 'List', maybe. Remember, City Slicker had deployed his armed decoy Objects and freaked everyone out with that; if they had a little more beef, that could be a solid finale.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 09:45   Link #47
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
They might changed the V3C3 end battle to tie in Flide or someone else; this 'List', maybe. Remember, City Slicker had deployed his armed decoy Objects and freaked everyone out with that; if they had a little more beef, that could be a solid finale.
Maybe, but that would mean extending V3C3 to five episodes, when the most so far for a single chapter have been 3. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2016-02-24, 14:13   Link #48
Ab buster

I hope/don't hope that they end the anime original with them all jumping up with an elephant.
Ab buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-04, 18:29   Link #49
Inept Forum User

Just wondering, would I be right in assuming that a fair few others probably suspected what might likely be for Wydine?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2016-03-04 at 20:19. Reason: Tweaking. Really need to refine and reword the question later.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 14:10   Link #50
LazyHunter

Called it, Sladder is here. Going by the next episode title, it's likely going to be Flide trying to get revenge on the 37th. First the List and now Lendy's mention of another stolen technology, I'm a bit curious as to what they are planning. Also, as I mentioned in the Anime/LN comparison thread, I really hope they simply moved the survey scene around to one of the following episodes and didn't skip it, it's kind of an important scene for the setting.
Old 2016-03-18, 14:40   Link #51
LazyHunter

I hope the next episode is better, because ep 23 was pretty meh besides a few scenes. Also, the guru scene with Quenser and Heivia feels off for the series, considering Quenser has already saved an Elite (Oh Ho Ho), will spare more in future novels (Putuna and the Megalodiver's) and more importantly, Quenser and Heivia are going to continue killing enemy soldiers in battle.

Also, the series is basically disregarding the part about Objects basically being immune to hacking as long as their defenses aren't lowered (by heavy damage/emergency or while under maintenance). Could have avoided that plot hole by making Flide hack and upload the program while the Baby Magnum was still in maintenance before leaving the hangar for the mission. Also, unless there's an explanation next episode, there's a second plot hole: Objects have emergency shutdown codes for this exact kind of situation.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2016-03-18 at 21:35.
Old 2016-03-19, 01:09   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Do we know if this arc was written by Kamachi? Similar to what he did for Railgun's original episodes?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 03:26   Link #53
Ab buster

I sort of thought that the whole hacking thing was more like the 6th branch stuff, attacking through the opening known as the Princess' ability to gather information from the outside. Sort of like, "since the object can't be hacked, we'll hack the elite," type of thing. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. It seemed a little iffy to me, but who knows, maybe there will be some twist later on that makes it all better.

I don't know about written, but they did say that the plot was overseen by him.
Ab buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 06:18   Link #54
LazyHunter

I would have been fine if the Mirror or Truth had been a series of stimuli presented to Milinda from outside the Object based on Elite programming, that would have been good. A call forward to the 6th branch would have also been a nice detail for novel readers. But Flide hacks an active Object, cutting off its comms and then displaying the Mirror of Truth thing to the Elite inside, and the best explanation the series can give is "he worked in Elite developement, he may have info on Milinda and Baby Magnum". I would buy that giving him the idea for the Mirror of Truth (except that's a stolen Information Alliance thing), not the hacking part.

I mean, it's already bad enough that Quenser and Heivia didn't destroy the tower when they found it, which would likely have solved the plot in a few seconds. It was really bad plot induced stupědity, but I can tolerate it by thinking "hey, the moment of stupidity it's necessary for the plot to work, and it's just anime original filler", but the hacking and the lack of mention of the emergency shutdown codes (made for situations like this when an Elite goes rogue) are outright plotholes that contradict the seires. The hacking is even worse since as I mentioned there was an easy way to do it right, like when LK did it against Putana in volume 9.

If the next episode doesn't improve, they were probably better off having adapted the Oceanian SS with the Aphrodite/Stratetgic Antenna after the Volume 1 stuff like the manga did. At least we may get the usual thing of LN adaptations and get some cameos at the end of characters of future novels.