AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-11-14, 01:41   Link #34801
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
Which show was that?
- SEED Destiny.

Why Lunamaria, Why?

----------------------

Against my better judgement I bought the Gundam Barbatos instead of waiting for the inevitable future upgrade. Impulse buy, will see how this kit pans out. It's probably the cheapest HG kit I've bought full price retail (EG not on clearance, stocktake or sale) at AU$16 and it doesn't come with much (Bandai obviously telling us to go buy the 'expansion pack' option sets). On the other hand I like the idea of a cheap inner-frame kit.

The two grey-black runners in the kit are labelled IBO Gundam Frame 1. I'm wondering if that means all the other upcoing HG kits with the word "Gundam" in them will use the same two runners as internal frames.

It's more like 95% of an inner frame. About the only things that keep it from being a full frame is the head (kind of expected), and the front leg's calf armor. The front calf armor is necessary to keep the ankle polycap in place to attach to the feet. Other than that though the inner frame is decent for an HG, but it's not like the RG inner frames. You can paint a bit of detail on it and manage to get it to look nice, but this isn't going to be something you can display without the Gundam armor without putting a bit of work into it.

On the plus side there looks to be some potential to use the inner frame for custom builds. At AU$16 on retail it's I guess a more affordable option than ripping up an RG or buying a Kotobukiya Frame Arms inner frame.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-11-14 at 05:25.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 18:14   Link #34802
Chibiloli

I finally got the Giant Gatling, they weren't kidding about it being Giant, its about the same freakin height as my Barbatos.
Old 2015-11-14, 20:39   Link #34803
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Uhhh....tentacles are so 90's..
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 21:49   Link #34804
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
ever wished this actually happened in episode 25? thought that might cause both Minato & Karima having their faces smashed to a bloody pulp or even handed to the cops by the Meijins
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 22:38   Link #34805
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Why there's only one tentacle wrapping her leg? All of them should be all over her and wrap her body tight!
Old 2015-11-15, 04:43   Link #34806
Skye629

Quote:
............Something like this was bound to happen
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 04:47   Link #34807
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Why there's only one tentacle wrapping her leg? All of them should be all over her and wrap her body tight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
............Something like this was bound to happen
despite being only the cockpit portion of the Rafflesia, was it meant to scale with a 1/144 or HG F91?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-15, 05:36   Link #34808
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
despite being only the cockpit portion of the Rafflesia, was it meant to scale with a 1/144 or HG F91?
I think the Raflessia cockpit depicted in the picture is from MG F91. HG Super Fumina is just huge that it rivals MG size.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-11-16, 01:39   Link #34809
Chibiloli

Okay, after having one of my usual self-debating, I decided I'm getting the Hyakuren as its better to stare at boobs than crank's face on my HG Graze manual.
Old 2015-11-16, 03:18   Link #34810
Unsung2

Post My custom gunpla needs a name

I hope I am posting this in the right place. If not I apologize.

So I have over time been putting together and detailing as best I can gundam models of various scales. A grand total of 10 models from 1/144 to 1/60 scale have been put together and detailed.

I have put together and painted two resin models as well as painted some yellow parts of models as gold. And well I have seen pictures which blow my paint jobs out of the water. I think so far my model is coming out pretty good.

After watching Gundam build fighters and seeing some wonderful custom creations I decided to create my own custom 1/100 scale gunpla. Not simply taking an already existing kit and painting it. But combining parts from many kits to make my own creation. Painting it, detailing it, coming up with a pilot, creating a profile of its weapons and systems with my own tweaks, and of course making a unique name.

Currently the main body of the gundam and its backpack are together and painted. I have even written down a ruff list of it's weapons, combat systems, and any special tweaks/abilities. I still need to panel line it and due to one part vanishing out in the lawn somewhere during the spray painting drying I am waiting for a replacement part to come in. However, the missing part is not so easily visible due to the gundams wings.

http://s482.photobucket.com/user/Nyx...tml?sort=3&o=0

This is just a photo taken with my phone so it's nothing special. I will go about trying to get more and better quality photos once I have finished the model completely.

The model consists of parts from the 1/100 scale gundam fenice rinascita, 1/100 scale wing zero custom, 1/144 scale reborns gundam, the 1/100 scale freedom, and 1/144 scale g portent.

I have been brain storming on names and am curious what others mite come up with. I'll post them later depending on what people think and/or come up with.

Last edited by Unsung2; 2015-11-16 at 03:23. Reason: editing
Unsung2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 04:30   Link #34811
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung2 View Post
I have been brain storming on names and am curious what others mite come up with. I'll post them later depending on what people think and/or come up with.
After looking at your pic, I came up with some names from the top of my head (no deep thinking involved though, just instant fast brainstorming, so please excuse me if they sound lame):

Crimson Lucifer,
Crimson Seraph,
Noire Seraph (“noire” being French for “looking sinister”), or
Rosso Scuro Angelo (Italian for “dark-red angel”)

You can add the "Gundam" before or after.
Old 2015-11-16, 07:46   Link #34812
Chibiloli

I'm considering cannibalizing some Gunpla here to make a custom build, I want one with a cannon for long range and a missile launcber for close range, those I have, now comes the hard part, I want four legs to go with them, or caterpillar treads, I don't want a humanoid shape, so besides the guntank and Lagowe series, anybody know an MS I could cannibalize? HG only please.
Old 2015-11-16, 13:57   Link #34813
Unsung2

Nice obelisk I rather like those names. I really like Noire seraph and rosso scuro angelo.

The names I was wrote down in my brainstorming where.

dark matter
zero stratus
asterism
zero requiem
Ophanim
verdict

I could put gundam in with any of these or ZG (short for zero gundam). But lets keep spitballing I like where the ideas.

For chibiloli.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=59374

here is a link to a site where someone made a 4 legged gundam maybe you can get some useful info from it for your gunpla. I did a google search for centuar gundams and saw a number of pics that could help you out.

And as far as gundams with cannons and missles.

Throne Eins has a large cannon on it's shoulder as does tallgeese 3. Heavy arms has tons of missles all over its body and those giant gatling guns.

Also the strike launcher gundam has all sorts of cannons and missles packs in the kit.
Unsung2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 06:34   Link #34814
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsung2 View Post
Nice obelisk I rather like those names. I really like Noire seraph and rosso scuro angelo.

The names I was wrote down in my brainstorming where.

dark matter
zero stratus
asterism
zero requiem
Ophanim
verdict

I could put gundam in with any of these or ZG (short for zero gundam). But lets keep spitballing I like where the ideas.

For chibiloli.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=59374

here is a link to a site where someone made a 4 legged gundam maybe you can get some useful info from it for your gunpla. I did a google search for centuar gundams and saw a number of pics that could help you out.

And as far as gundams with cannons and missles.

Throne Eins has a large cannon on it's shoulder as does tallgeese 3. Heavy arms has tons of missles all over its body and those giant gatling guns.

Also the strike launcher gundam has all sorts of cannons and missles packs in the kit.
Not a centaur MS, I hate Centaurs in general, more along the lines of a quadpod type.
Old 2015-11-19, 09:32   Link #34815
AHT

AHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-19, 10:10   Link #34816
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ So it's pretty much METEOR but with less things going on on the back .
Old 2015-11-19, 18:31   Link #34817
Router25
World Connector. I think

or maybe a physical round variation of the GN arms
Old 2015-11-19, 18:45   Link #34818
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router25 View Post
or maybe a physical round variation of the GN arms
Probably this

I think the thingies on the hands are thrusters, not guns
Old 2015-11-19, 20:59   Link #34819
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
I was expecting abit more excitement(or at least some chat) around here considering the new releases shown at Gunpla Expo
Old 2015-11-19, 22:02   Link #34820
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
I was expecting abit more excitement(or at least some chat) around here considering the new releases shown at Gunpla Expo
I admit I have not been that updated on Gunpla news lately. That said, I guess the intimidating numbers of “Online Exclusive”-Gunplas throughout the years really hit some fans hard and sucks a good amount of excitement outta them and made them a bit bitter. I miss the old gunpla days where the Exclusives are just gunpla with coating, advertisement, funny-color or clear gimmicks, not something related to actual mecha in the actual story.

That said, I am indeed excited for MG Freedom 2.0 after the flawed Metal Build, Robot Damashii, RG and HGCE Freedom that can’t live up even to the (still very good) MG Freedom 1.0. So, MG Freedom 2.0 should be the (near) perfect iteration I was hoping for.

Oh, and hell yes for RE/100 Efreet Kai. So the RE/100 line-up we saw in the past doesn’t lie after all. Expecting even more RE/100 greatness to come since it will be a good escape from all the Exclusive bombardment.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy