AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2019-05-12, 15:16   Link #1
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
John Wick Hex

When you first saw, or heard about, any of the John Wick movies, it is entirely possible you found yourself thinking that a videogame adaptation wasn't too far off. Maybe a third-person title like Sleeping Dogs or the Max Payne games... or a first-person experience in the vein of F.E.A.R and its sequels.

Guess what? A Jonh Wick game is coming, and it's... a turn-based tactical shooter?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Official site

It might sound strange, but when one considers that part of what makes Wick as feared as he is is his capacity to quickly assess, plan, and execute.

There is as yet no specific release date, but it has been confirmed as coming to consoles as well as PC; keep in mind that the latter version will (at least initially) only be found on the Epic store.

Articles:
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-12, 16:01   Link #2
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Looks interesting. Glad they didn't just go with a shooter to develop.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 15:13   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But...why not? John Wick is the new Max Payne, it could have been a hit in that area - basically rehashed, but with modern gameplay ideas and all the hype of the IP. I'd personally be all for a stealth game, MGS style, with the option to go loud as an alternative. Unlock perks, gun mods, fighting skills...lots of things to play around with, really.

Tactical shooters? Iunno, the last tactical shooter I played was Desperado (pretty good, for what it was, but ancient now).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 17:13   Link #4
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
But...why not? John Wick is the new Max Payne, it could have been a hit in that area - basically rehashed, but with modern gameplay ideas and all the hype of the IP. I'd personally be all for a stealth game, MGS style, with the option to go loud as an alternative. Unlock perks, gun mods, fighting skills...lots of things to play around with, really.

Tactical shooters? Iunno, the last tactical shooter I played was Desperado (pretty good, for what it was, but ancient now).
You can play as him and shoot and build all you want in Fortnite Battle Royale.

But really, though. Maybe if you pitched this idea to me a few years ago, I'd be all for it. but nowadays, I've kinda taken a step back and started dabbling with different genres of games. I still love shooters of all kinds, but what is being presented looks different and kinda refreshing.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-13, 17:59   Link #5
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
But...why not? John Wick is the new Max Payne, it could have been a hit in that area - basically rehashed, but with modern gameplay ideas and all the hype of the IP.
I would be unsurprised to discover that another developer is at least considering this... and there are several who could, as the saying goes, knock such a project out of the park.

Quote:
I'd personally be all for a stealth game, MGS style, with the option to go loud as an alternative. Unlock perks, gun mods, fighting skills...lots of things to play around with, really.
Aside from Metal Gear, this also invokes the likes of Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell... and, again, who's to say that the concept isn't at least being pondered somewhere within the relevant halls...?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiplatform, tactical, turn-based