AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Gurren-Lagann Characters Poll (Multiple Choice)
Simon 204 52.31%
Kamina 227 58.21%
Yoko 186 47.69%
Nia 128 32.82%
Rossiu 23 5.90%
Boota 72 18.46%
Leeron 39 10.00%
Dayakka 10 2.56%
Kittan 81 20.77%
Kiyoh 10 2.56%
Kinon 15 3.85%
Kiyal 30 7.69%
Gimmy 15 3.85%
Darry 49 12.56%
Viral 164 42.05%
Thymilph 3 0.77%
Adiane 21 5.38%
Cytomander 4 1.03%
Guame 10 2.56%
Lord Genome 68 17.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-17, 12:42   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Gurren-Lagann - Favourite Characters Poll

Welcome to the Gurren-Lagann - Favourite Character(s) Poll. This is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 2 or 3 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2007-08-17, 22:05   Link #2
-Breakthrough-

Kamina ~ Well, he was the guy who started the Gurren Brigade, and the very legend of hotblooded~ness who made Simon who he is and who he'll become soon.

Simon ~ Kamina's successor, and pretty much the future GARlock thanks to him. Plus, although he needs to be more cocky soon enough, he has a nice heart ad he's pretty GARhimself but it'll be soon when he gets to Kamina's elite level of GARness.

Yoko ~ Nice figure (Especially in time skip) + Badass attitude + BIG GUNS = Maximum Pwnage.

Darry ~ She's just too moe in the time skip and she's become a rather skilled pilot

Viral ~ Kamina's rival and now in a way, Simon's, or a possible comrade. Either way, he's still one of the most badass I seen.

Kittan ~ I always found him tough, daring, and ready for action. And ep 20 just hit the nail in the seal with that fact for him IMO.

Genome ~ Gotta admit, burning cranium, maximum pwnsome abs, that guy had to be one of the most GAR villains in the series
Old 2007-08-17, 23:58   Link #3
zalem

Damn, forgot to vote for Viral too.

Voted for Kamina....cause he just kicks ass.

Also for Simon. Sure he was annoying in the beginning, but he developed as a character and is more mature now. Cannot wait for GAR!Simon to arrive.

Yes, boota got a vote...just because. lol.
Old 2007-08-18, 00:52   Link #4
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Forgot to vote for Viral...ahh well.

Simon (Garlock), Lord Genome and Thymilph were my choices. I'd suspect the latter to not get much notice since he had a the briefest tenure of the Four Holy Generals, but he was by far the most interesting with the best ship of the lot.
Old 2007-08-18, 04:57   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Yes, boota got a vote...just because. lol.
Nonsense like that, and Boota will end up in the lead! D:

I'll vote later on tonight.
Old 2007-08-18, 07:26   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

Voted for Kamina, Yoko and Viral, easily the top tier characters of Gurren Laganns first 20 episodes.
Old 2007-08-18, 09:10   Link #7
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Kamina, because he's the soul of the series.

Simon, because I enjoy watching him grow immensely.

Yoko, For the obvious reasons, but also because of her friendly, mature personnality.
Old 2007-08-18, 10:18   Link #8
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

I vote for Nia. Because somebody has to. And everyone else can have Yoko.
Old 2007-08-18, 12:20   Link #9
7Th
Mixtape

Eh... would have voted for Simon and Nia if I hadn't been so fast at voting for Viral... but whatever.
Old 2007-08-18, 13:18   Link #10
Atomic

Kamina and NIA!!
They are the driving force of this series. Rosui's might be one of them, but heck he turns out to be just a normal simple minded ass... so boo.. too bad.

I feel like Simon is another generic hero who want to do the right thing. Its not that I don't like him. But well.. see too many of his type around I got bored.
Things might change once he turns GARlock.

I might vote for Boota too if he turns out to be that vice commander on GARlock ship, but we don't know right now.

Yoko.... well.. other than her nice design, I can't find other places to like her YET. Other characters got nice designs too :\, Darry and Kiyal etc. You know what I mean
Old 2007-08-19, 09:38   Link #11
Shirozoku

Simon
He's the main protagonist :3

Kamina
This guy reeks of awesomeness

Boota
He is the most awesome animal i've seen in anime till now

Viral
Simon's rival, and awesome
Old 2007-08-19, 09:47   Link #12
Var
Banned

Let's see. Voted Simon, Kamina, Yoko, Boota, Kittan, Viral, and Lord Genome. Five of them received the vote for GAR excellence. The rest... well they were nice to have in the show. Boota got a vote for being Boota.
Old 2007-08-19, 20:37   Link #13
Flibble
Sleepy

Simon - he's evolved so well, also ep14-15 helped w
Kamina - He's a hillarious stylish nutter that made me love the series
Yoko - Great personality, "NICE BODY" as kamina would say and brilliant enterance
Boota - constantly there to keep the show grounded in its crazy roots
leeron - whenever he appears or disturbs those around him i always laugh very funny
Viral - He's just cool and managed to be a good non 2 dimensional villan unlike what i expected him to be, and since the time skip looks/is far cooler
Old 2007-08-20, 02:48   Link #14
flashmagi

one vote for kamina, for his badass speeches.
there should be a post timeskip category cuz grownup darry and ninja nia are very good contestants.
Old 2007-08-20, 11:38   Link #15
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I voted for Kamina and Yoko.

2 of the best characters imho in Gurenn Lagann and 2 reason why I LOVE the show

problem GAINAX KILLED one of my reasons. So for now I have only one reason why

I love this show. What's a Super Robot Show without a cute, busty,

heroine anime babe.
Old 2007-08-20, 18:40   Link #16
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Viral's a Char.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:21   Link #17
Prolific

I voted Kamina but Leeron came close because everything he does is funny.
Old 2007-08-22, 21:22   Link #18
Keiichi_chan
Star of Misfortune

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi_chan
Viral for the Garlock!
This poll should be single choice IMHO. Then ppl would chose their lone fave and Yoko wouldn't be so damn high up.
Old 2007-08-25, 06:32   Link #19
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Viral because he is simply badass! He is the coolest and most interesting character in this show. I simply love his attitude - he doesn't take crap from anyone, tells it how it is and has confidence in his abilities. Plus he is a great fighter and pilot.

Kittan because he is the only one who comes close to Viral in terms of being badass. He is brash, bold and even arrogant at times, but he has the abilities to back it up and is deeply caring towards those he loves. He is probably Simon's strongest supporter along with Yoko.

Kamina because he is simply out of this world. He is both strong and cool and has some of the funniest quotes ever.

Simon because of how he develops throughout the series. He is on his way of surpassing Kamina. Seeing him on top of the Arc-Gurren-Lagann in episode 1 still makes me shiver with excitement!
Old 2007-08-25, 07:12   Link #20
koenosaki

I have voted for Viral, Simon, Kamina and Kittan

It's for simple reasons:

- Simon is the head character and was/is the person if kamina had his beliefs in. Simon is the guy who gives you relaxing feelings in stressy situations. Simon gives you a confident feeling in unconfident situations, etc... Simon = hero

- Kamina because of his speeches, his acting and the way he treated simon. Though they weren't brothers, it's kamina who had a part in whom simon is. Kamina said to believe in him who believed in simon and vice versa but in the end he was honest and it was he who believed in simon and it was simon who had to believe in himself.

- Kittan is so great. I don't know but I somehow think of him to be a second kamina. He's like a different copy of kamina. For me, when I see kittan talking, acting,... I think about kamina. He's loyal to simon, believes in him and he's the leader of those small ganmen supporting simon

- Viral is the type of bad guy you admire. He's honest to himself and he believes in his own ideals. He certainly became the second favorite in last episode: his speech, the fact that his body trembling was a sign of being honest. He and simon are so deadly combo
Closed Thread