AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-19, 21:56   Link #901
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Just watch this anime recently since ep1.

I know this post quite old to you guys but I'm seriously cannot believe how Iguchi Yuka (Index from To aru) voices so friggin deep as Konoe Subaru!!
It's really the same voice as Index from To aru?
Wow, she really has a lot of variation there. Would've never thought that.
Old 2011-09-19, 21:57   Link #902
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
It's really the same voice as Index from To aru?
Wow, she really has a lot of variation there. Would've never thought that.
You mean you just found out it was her
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 22:03   Link #903
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You mean you just found out it was her
From her voice in Mayo Chiki, would you have guessed that it's the same voice as Index when they sound that different?
Old 2011-09-19, 22:07   Link #904
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
From her voice in Mayo Chiki, would you have guessed that it's the same voice as Index when they sound that different?
When Konoe screams, yea, it's index. it's more like Konoe is actually her VA's normal sounding voice, especially when I hear the seiyuu interviews.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 22:28   Link #905
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Figured it out? No, but given how it was a big topic since the start I had just assumed it would be common knowledge by now and everybody knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
When Konoe screams, yea, it's index. it's more like Konoe is actually her VA's normal sounding voice, especially when I hear the seiyuu interviews.
Hmm, not really, I've heard those interviews as well, her voice leans more towards Index's than Konoe's imo.
Old 2011-09-19, 22:30   Link #906
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i did not know. i also very much disliked index and didn't watch the second season.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 06:20   Link #907
Peanutbutter

I believe Iguchi Yuka's normal voice is more Konoe than Index. Watching this Ro-Kyu Bu video convinces me. Note: From 03:29 to 03:50.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15445265
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 06:46   Link #908
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well this is my sample, an old radio interview with co-star Satou Rina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEd_GSGXLkg

I'm not saying she goes around like exactly like Index, but given her more lively nature she definitely leans that way rather than Subaru's serious voice, unless you're referring to Subaru's more girlie moments then I can see where you're coming from.
Old 2011-09-20, 08:16   Link #909
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I gotta admit..........i didnt know either
Old 2011-09-20, 12:49   Link #910
User68604
Disabled By Request

episode 11 was blah, not as good as previous ones...
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 18:26   Link #911
Midonin
Last Engage

Nakuru's character song is really good. Really high energy. I also like that Jiro and Nagare get songs. I'm used to series of this genre often giving singing parts to only the girls, and while men getting songs isn't uncommon, it's not something you automatically expect. The album as a whole is worth a listen, I'd say.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 00:24   Link #912
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Well, how many episodes will be? I think I'm gonna watch the whole episodes when the Blu-ray copy is out in stores.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 00:25   Link #913
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Well, how many episodes will be? I think I'm gonna watch the whole episodes when the Blu-ray copy is out in stores.
It looks like it's going to be 12 episodes long.
Old 2011-09-21, 02:58   Link #914
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 11... I think. Is it? I forgot lol

Ah, I'll just guess. Really, yes it is eleven.... anyways, I didn't like this episode for one thing:

NOT MUCH USAMI RAWR WHERE MY BUNNY RABBIT AND STILL HOW DOES SHE HIDE HER HAIR IN THAT HELMET.

Ahem. That off my chest, Kanade's hiccups... such a huge difference between hers and Jirou's

I'm not going to really comment on the rest of the ep since Kureha's screen time was back to how it started (lol) and I have no idea where Narumi is, but since my mind is currently Usami poisoned, there's not really much for me to say.

Except, maybe this is a good thing! Now we get to see girly Subaru Punyuru again! That's how it should be

Quote:
I didn't subtitle it for my subs

Really, I was quite surprised to actually hear her say "Guten Morgen", and decently pronounced even.
Awesome I wish I had that kind of freedom when I was a translator, I didn't like the way the boss was like "do everything", I was like man we're not a corporation, we're fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

mangatron, you know what to do with this
Hmm. I said it before, ja? do not give me ideas, because this happens:

*runs from the Subaru X Jirou shippers*

Actually, I should thank you. I finally tested a long forgotten skill, and it worked, so XD

Wait, did you actually want me to put a beach ball there? Did I mess up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
The money slap has returned!
Yeah finally! And we just had that discussion about this a few pages back

Quote:
It shouldn't come as a surprise now that maybe they've sacrifice a little too much development for having excellent RomCom moments And now they have to make up something spectacular as a finale so they settled for drama- The one thing that they aren't good at
I'm not particularly fond of the way this series mixes it's serious and comedy moments. In one episode it looks like nothing's going on, and the next episode something happens, and then at some point everyone's back to normal.

Maybe though, my bias is centered around Usami, I just love the way she got steady progress from ep 05 to 10, which is probably why I'm not too into Subaru moments. I'm not slamming the Subaru X Jirou moments, it just feels different when throughout the series Kanade has been the playmaker, and this ties in with something I said early on, that I would have liked to see Subaru do something not because of Kanade's meddling. But then maybe that's the series right there, and why I'm rather infatuated with Kanade

Quote:
Figured it out? No, but given how it was a big topic since the start I had just assumed it would be common knowledge by now and everybody knows.
In my case, I have somewhat of a tradition to not look into who voices who before a series airs, so as to surprise myself. So I paid it no thought, as I was always in favor of girly Subaru, but then in episode 05 when she called Jirou a liar, that's when I chuckled to myself

Quote:
This looks like 13 though. But of course in my current busy state of mind I am not entirely sure...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 10:41   Link #915
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Maybe though, my bias is centered around Usami, I just love the way she got steady progress from ep 05 to 10, which is probably why I'm not too into Subaru moments. I'm not slamming the Subaru X Jirou moments, it just feels different when throughout the series Kanade has been the playmaker, and this ties in with something I said early on, that I would have liked to see Subaru do something not because of Kanade's meddling. But then maybe that's the series right there, and why I'm rather infatuated with Kanade
I totally agree I'm guessing for the sack of the finale which is gearing towards Subaru/Jirou, the other characters like Kureha and Usami who do not play active roles in her Butler are more backseat. IT obviously doesn't help when only a small handfull of characters on that Konoe is a girl limiting the characters who get focus since this final arc deals with this situation.

Although with that said while I like Usami when she appeared, I thought she was an interesting character compared to Konoe especially in male form who is just boring IMO but like an episode later, female Konoe appeared, that was epic win and one of the best romance moments in the whole show to this point.

Kanade has been a strong point for this series, as both playmaker and 'potential' rival, but most importantly torturing Jirou and giving us some daily dose of comedy. The problem is that's all she was left as since the anime was aimed at a Konoe route (which IMO is the most likely outcome even in the LN) so her character as a love interest was not developed aside from some forlorn looks here and there. A good story arc would involve Konoe finding out that her Ojou sama like Jirou too leading to more drama I suppose, but the LN should cover that while the anime can't.

Bottom line, Konoe (male) is less interesting compared to Usami and Kanade (awesome). But Konoe (female) is what highlights the romance aspects of this series. I can't really pick a favourite to win, if I had to choose I prefer Konoe to win, off course after finding out Kanade likes him and him dealing with it.
Old 2011-09-21, 18:33   Link #916
blitz1/2

Listened to Subaru's character song, her seiyuu is singing in both her boy persona and the Punyuru/Index together. Reminds me of that Mion/Shion song. xD

Old 2011-09-21, 21:25   Link #917
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Wrong, it's actually 13 episodes:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8179

The last episode #13 (Monde kudasai!) will be aired on 30.09.2011.

Quote:

Good job there
Kanade x Jirou is just what we need.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:18   Link #918
blitz1/2

Quote:
Ah, I'll just guess. Really, yes it is eleven.... anyways, I didn't like this episode for one thing:

NOT MUCH USAMI RAWR WHERE MY BUNNY RABBIT AND STILL HOW DOES SHE HIDE HER HAIR IN THAT HELMET.

Ahem. That off my chest, Kanade's hiccups... such a huge difference between hers and Jirou's

I'm not going to really comment on the rest of the ep since Kureha's screen time was back to how it started (lol) and I have no idea where Narumi is, but since my mind is currently Usami poisoned, there's not really much for me to say.

Except, maybe this is a good thing! Now we get to see girly Subaru Punyuru again! That's how it should be

Awesome I wish I had that kind of freedom when I was a translator, I didn't like the way the boss was like "do everything", I was like man we're not a corporation, we're fans

Actually, I should thank you. I finally tested a long forgotten skill, and it worked, so XD

Yeah finally! And we just had that discussion about this a few pages back

I'm not particularly fond of the way this series mixes it's serious and comedy moments. In one episode it looks like nothing's going on, and the next episode something happens, and then at some point everyone's back to normal.

In my case, I have somewhat of a tradition to not look into who voices who before a series airs, so as to surprise myself. So I paid it no thought, as I was always in favor of girly Subaru, but then in episode 05 when she called Jirou a liar, that's when I chuckled to myself

This looks like 13 though. But of course in my current busy state of mind I am not entirely sure...
it's not perfect enough, it's missing a string of saliva.

Old 2011-09-22, 01:23   Link #919
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if this "where" to happen in the dvd because we got this.

Will wait till this finishes and will marathon watch.
Old 2011-09-22, 01:52   Link #920
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 12 preview, although a little late for that I guess.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
it's not perfect enough, it's missing a string of saliva.
See, I told you I messed up somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this "where" to happen in the dvd because we got this.

Will wait till this finishes and will marathon watch.
Wow seriously? I had forgotten about those scenes I blame the fact they were censored, since logic dictates that did-not-see = won't remember an unseen thing
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen