AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 12:23   Link #301
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I think I can guess the actual reason Sanae got heat exhaustion....
Old 2011-12-05, 13:58   Link #302
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Last couple of episodes haven't been great to me. The little game of house this week was quite amusing though
Old 2011-12-05, 14:01   Link #303
Midonin
Last Engage

Ika With a Question Mark 09 - In Kamakura, Disney World Goes to YOU!

The first segment was great. Sanae's unhinged, but I love her all the same. For a show that places many things above romance, for it to momentarily evolve into a lesbian(?) love 4-dimensional shape was a sight to behold. I think pixiv is already starting to get ideas from some of the things said in that scene.

For the second segment, Ika treating the planner like the word of god was pretty amusing, and then she went to the other extreme. Apparently if she had her way, all of Japan would be taken over in one afternoon. The old "I'm okay!" gag with Takeru needing to be "rescued" was handled really well too. It's rare we get two linked segments, but it happened here.

After the exaggerated soap opera that was the first segment and the comedy of errors that was the second, the third segment hit like a ton of very poignant bricks. (They're made of a very poignant clay.) Not often you hear the recession brought up, especially in a show like this. Not to mention that the park is being completely stomped by the local Disney equivalent. Nonetheless, it managed a kind of heartwarming to it. As well as confirming that, yes, the Aizawa siblings definitely have parents. They're just... not here now. (Lil' Chizuru and Lil' Eiko were adorable). Granted, this ended with the park going from the Magic Kingdom to Pleasure Island, but hey, sex sells.

Next week: S'winter is here!
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 15:38   Link #304
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man Risa has a vivid imagination. Sanae was so serious. Glad Risa had fun even though no one knew who she was. The planner was just useless. In one day she would have invaded all of Japan. Liked the last part just because we got to see a glimpse of their parents. Also little Chizuru and Eiko were adorable. Ika sure had a blast.
Old 2011-12-05, 15:43   Link #305
Sides

I loved that theme-park episode. Especially the end
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 16:18   Link #306
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I liked the part where Ika hid in the bag from Sunae
Old 2011-12-05, 18:00   Link #307
Utsuro no Hako

Eiko makes a great wife.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 20:25   Link #308
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man, I loved that last chapter on so many levels. When most comedies aim for the heart they can't pull it off, but Ika Musume has always nailed those emotionally warm moments. That whole story was incredibly poignant on so many levels, full of subtle social commentary and character drama. I really do wonder what happened to the parents.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 21:14   Link #309
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I found the first segment absolutely hilarious, from Ika as dad (loved her reading the paper with her tentacles while her arms were crossed over her chest) to Eiko getting roped in as mother, to Sanae getting to be the yandere Other Woman ("100% serious!"), to how enthusiastically Kiyone jumped into her role. I loved, too that after I'd said "That kid watches too much daytime TV" at least twice when Risa suggested some new melodrama-loaded plot twist, that actually turned out to be where she was getting it from!

The second segment wasn't as funny, but still had some good moments, such as hiding from Sanae in the bag (protip, Ika: when you're caught between several different things where people are clamoring at you, do what Chizuru asks first! That way you'll live to catch up on the other stuff later! ) and the day she completely blew off her planner, and the return of Sanae's yandere face (which I'm not sure was 100% accurate, since she was more "stalker" than "bunny-boiler" with that plan).

Speaking of which...does anyone else think that there seem to be more yandere riffs going on this season? Or is it just that Yuno Gasai's presence is making me notice them more?

As for the third segment...first look at the Aizawa parents! Eiko being torn between poignant memories and the fact that there was virtually nothing to do there was...really human. And Ika's basically riding the coffee cups for ten hours and loving every minute of it, and the end of the episode, was a nice dose of funny to keep the mood from getting too heavy.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 23:09   Link #310
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Ika day planer work eat games then sleep
Old 2011-12-06, 08:12   Link #311
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The first segment is the best. I loves that Rika girl, her stepping up with melo-drama plot when playing house is just hilarious.

Sanae also showed some really yandere-like side of her. I knows it's partly acting then, but surely the girl is quite complex
Old 2011-12-06, 12:00   Link #312
Blaat

Is it sad that I noticed in the first segment that Eiko isn't wearing a bra?

Anyway it's interesting to see the parents of the three siblings and I'm really curious what happened to them, I doubt we'll find out though.
Old 2011-12-06, 13:42   Link #313
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Is it sad that I noticed in the first segment that Eiko isn't wearing a bra?
It's only sad that you would say such a thing without providing screenshots.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 01:18   Link #314
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I have to admit that Eiko was rather cute this episode.

You know, because she's usually the complete opposite.

Haha.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 14:09   Link #315
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Ika even planned a bathroom break. What if she really needed to go before the designated time? I fear that could've become quite messy right there if she truly stuck with the planner.

And when you ask Sanae to act as illegitimate lover to her beloved humanoid cephalopod, I just knew she wouldn't do a half-arsed job.
Old 2011-12-08, 10:59   Link #316
klare

that drama-loving little girl got the harem right, Eiko is the wife, Kiyomi and Sanae are lovers

riding that coffee cup for 10 hours is no joke... only Ika-chan can do it
Old 2011-12-09, 11:50   Link #317
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well it's nice the old guy found something else to do....very much to his interests too...
Old 2011-12-09, 22:40   Link #318
Midonin
Last Engage

How to put this succinctly?

Sanae's character single is, at least in its cover aesthetics, an exact copy of Ika's first single.

Maybe I could've done it more succinctly.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:07   Link #319
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I liked the part where Ika hid in the bag from Sunae
True story. One time in college... my dorm-mates and I... were curious if I was able to fit inside someone's bag. So, I got in; and they zipped it up. I was able to fit. LOL

Thus, Squid fitting into the bag... perfect sense.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 06:20   Link #320
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just realised that Ika literally has a mental age of even below 10. She thought if Sanae having her way with her, she will actually die (or end up in Heaven) ...

Maybe that's why she rejected Sanae so harshly (unfortunately Sanae happened to be into that)

Tags
comedy, slice of life