AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-27, 01:46   Link #21
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You're gonna carry that weight.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-27, 05:52   Link #22
Reticia

I see why the anime came back to canon and is going so fast, it's because the current arc was close to an end the day they came back to canon. So no fillers before the end of the arc in the anime.
Old 2011-12-27, 06:35   Link #23
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Yukio didn't kill his parents, his father committed suicide and Tsuki died
He basically drove them to suicide, that counts the same as killing them in my book.
Tsukishima died? When? WE have no evidence that, we only saw him close his eyes and smile while he was carried of by a friend...that does not mean death.

Quote:
Tsukishima was wrong but he wasn't that bad either....
No...no...he wasn't bad, he just liked fucking with people's minds just to see how far he could go. That is certainly not a bad thing.
No matter how you cut it or what BS redemption Kubo tries to play on us, Tsukishima just didn't completely break Orihime and Chad because he was stopped, not out of the goodness of his heart.

Quote:
I believe executive meddling forced Kubo to cut it short
First, and possibly only time, I would actually thank Shounen Jump for meddling with a manga.
Old 2011-12-27, 06:39   Link #24
Knjaz

Tsukishima survived?! HOW?!!

I can understand Shinigami, that is not a "material" being to survive after a hole in the chest (althouth, Ichigo almost died to that last time, when confronting Ulquiorra, and he definitely wasn't able to move)... but a human?! Without any regenerative/protective abilities? o.O

*facepalms*
Old 2011-12-27, 08:39   Link #25
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

imo, the last page seemed to have implied Tsukishima died.
Old 2011-12-27, 09:20   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

He's dead, when ever someone is carrying another like that emplies that he dies during the carrying...ing...

Happened in

Spoiler for diffrent anime spoiler:
Old 2011-12-27, 09:22   Link #27
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
imo, the last page seemed to have implied Tsukishima died.
doesn't matter whether he lived or died though, it still doesn't change anything. the arc still ended with a lot of loose ends and questions that need answering.
Old 2011-12-27, 10:05   Link #28
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

just replying to certain people
Old 2011-12-27, 10:40   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Tsukishima died? When? WE have no evidence that, we only saw him close his eyes and smile while he was carried of by a friend...that does not mean death.
haha anyone else ever seen:
Spoiler for the movie:
Old 2011-12-27, 12:41   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Don't really understand what the hell just happened. I expected Kubo to go into flashback mode or something similar to try and make the fullbringers more sympathetic but it seems like he couldn't even be arsed doing that. Feels like i've skipped several chapters.

Oh whatever. As long as this whole thing ends. The only good thing about this entire arc was Riruka. Otherwise it's just random filler except for a possible new fullbringer group coming in later as Ichigo's allies/next antagonists.
Old 2011-12-27, 20:09   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
He's dead, when ever someone is carrying another like that emplies that he dies during the carrying...ing...

Happened in

Spoiler for diffrent anime spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-27, 21:11   Link #32
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm actually willing to except LoP's excuse of executive meddling, while to some this may be good...to me, it was bad because this ending is shoe horned rushed as all fuck considering this arc takes place to what is perceived as the near end of this series...
Old 2011-12-27, 21:31   Link #33
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm actually willing to except LoP's excuse of executive meddling, while to some this may be good...to me, it was bad because this ending is shoe horned rushed as all fuck considering this arc takes place to what is perceived as the near end of this series...
It's definitely not the near end of the series, but I also would have rather they did it as good as it could have been. granted the 'meddling' is only a rumor but if it is true, then I wish they hadn't. It was a weak arc, but the crappy end made it worse. I wouldn't have minded a couple more months of it as long as it made the story better and perhaps got exciting. I was actually excited to learn ginjo was a sub shinigami, then nothing very interesting happened after that imo. a sweet ginjo backstory would have been cool
Old 2011-12-27, 22:10   Link #34
Slayerx

Man that's such a lovely sun rise; i'm so glad that Kubo took the time to draw such beautiful scenery.
Old 2011-12-28, 01:10   Link #35
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
He basically drove them to suicide, that counts the same as killing them in my book.
It might be but the fact remains, that he didn't kill anyone. Sucide is called Suicide because the person kills themselves. Sure his taking the company drove his father to it. Fact remains, he didn't kill anyone. He just didn't care if they died, but then again that wasn't exactly true. The same way he wants to come back for Jackie & the others, after saying he didn't care about them.

You might not like him but he's redeemable because he hasn't actually killed anyone.
Quote:
He's human and he has a hole put through him. He died...

Quote:
No...no...he wasn't bad, he just liked fucking with people's minds just to see how far he could go.
No he did because it's what Ginjou wanted to do.

Although it's easy to understand why he would use such a power. He steals the bonds of others because he had none. Well at least he didn't until he met Ginjou
Quote:
That is certainly not a bad thing.
It's not good but it's not really evil either. He actually showed compassion when Ichigo cried.

Quote:
No matter how you cut it or what BS redemption Kubo tries to play on us, Tsukishima just didn't completely break Orihime and Chad because he was stopped, not out of the goodness of his heart.
He was stopped and he made quite a raepface, but it still doesn't make him evil. He's no saint I agree but he's actually reedeemable. Giriko was the only one who was truly rotten

Quote:

First, and possibly only time, I would actually thank Shounen Jump for meddling with a manga.
I wish they they didn't but the abrupt ending made me think they did do it because it's not how Kubo does things

Although, I don't think we need that much explanation for Ginjou. He's human-shinigami baby and one of his parents were fullbringers. For whatever reason he was alone and he bonded with the others because he felt a kinship with them because he wasn't exactly human and he had hollow powers as well. He learned the SS would exterminate him the moment they decided he outlived his usefulness and was bitter about it.

End. Of. Story.

I enjoyed the chapter and my favorite girl is still alive and may join Ichigo's team. So I'm good with that.

Also Orihime forgot so there will be no angsty moments with her and Ichigo...arc ended with IchiRuki (last week) as all the others before this one. As an IchiRuki shipper, I am doubly happy with this chapter
Old 2011-12-28, 01:54   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

She was brainwashed at the time to think Ichigo was the outlaw, but still felt for him. So the feelings are certainly just as strong, even if she doesn't remember the details :P

Lol'd at how Riruka just stole Rukia's spotlight though. Literally used her.

I hope that Yukio gets some just desserts. Though he's more like an underpowered future villain for now.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2011-12-28 at 02:19.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:16   Link #37
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
It might be but the fact remains, that he didn't kill anyone. Sucide is called Suicide because the person kills themselves. Sure his taking the company drove his father to it. Fact remains, he didn't kill anyone. He just didn't care if they died, but then again that wasn't exactly true. The same way he wants to come back for Jackie & the others, after saying he didn't care about them.

You might not like him but he's redeemable because he hasn't actually killed anyone.
I agree that he is redeemable...I just think he needs a bit more punishment xD

Quote:
He's human and he has a hole put through him. He died...
Your assumptions =/= Truth
Unless Kubo states he is dead you CANNOT say he is dead or alive, just that he is injured and carried off by mohawk boy. This is manga...stupider things have happened.

Quote:

Although it's easy to understand why he would use such a power. He steals the bonds of others because he had none. Well at least he didn't until he met Ginjou

It's not good but it's not really evil either. He actually showed compassion when Ichigo cried.

He was stopped and he made quite a raepface, but it still doesn't make him evil. He's no saint I agree but he's actually reedeemable. Giriko was the only one who was truly rotten
I suppose we have different opinions on what is redeemable then because to me, a dude that enjoys himself in breaking other people's bonds and minds, regardless of his reasons, isn't redeemable and it annoys me greatly when Kubo (or any other though Kubo does this a lot) tries to redeem such characters.

Quote:
I wish they they didn't but the abrupt ending made me think they did do it because it's not how Kubo does things

Although, I don't think we need that much explanation for Ginjou. He's human-shinigami baby and one of his parents were fullbringers. For whatever reason he was alone and he bonded with the others because he felt a kinship with them because he wasn't exactly human and he had hollow powers as well. He learned the SS would exterminate him the moment they decided he outlived his usefulness and was bitter about it.

End. Of. Story.

I enjoyed the chapter and my favorite girl is still alive and may join Ichigo's team. So I'm good with that.

Also Orihime forgot so there will be no angsty moments with her and Ichigo...arc ended with IchiRuki (last week) as all the others before this one. As an IchiRuki shipper, I am doubly happy with this chapter
Well we all know that Bleach has dropped from the top for a while now and most people have noted that this arc was boring and useless filler. This arc had the same feeling of the Bount arc in the anime to me. I suppose if Kubo was forced to end the arc, it was because even in Japan, people had this same feeling and weren't all that happy about it.

PS: I suppose the only good thing about this arc for me was Riruka, which quickly made me wish she would replace Orihime's OP yet useless ass.
Old 2011-12-28, 07:50   Link #38
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Yes but it takes a lot more to make him sympathetic, which is what the manga failed to do.

Quote:

He mind rapes people and had to be warned by Ginjou not to take it too far because he was going to break Inoue and Chad's minds. If it's possible for a human to be evil then yeah, he's evil. At the very least Ginjou was confident that Tsukishima would follow orders enough to kill his most loyal subordinate so if he is just amoral then it's still hard to consider him sympathetic all of a sudden.

Quote:

End. Of. Story.
Except for what exactly he was trying to achieve by starting this whole mess, why he felt lonely, why Soul Society felt the need to kill him and most importantly why the hell we should even care. (as well as numerous other small details like how Ginjou became a substitute shinigami in the first place, how he found out Soul Society was trying to kill him and how he managed to escape)

In any case the whole Fullbringer group should at least be captured and have some sort of trail considering just how much mess they caused and how much of a danger they were, but for some bizarre reason Soul Society is willing to let them go. Being grey only works if it actually makes sense...

Last edited by Haak; 2011-12-28 at 11:10.
Old 2011-12-28, 12:44   Link #39
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
i assume he died because he closed his eyes, smiled...faded out to white like he finally accepted death because his friend didnt leave him, but tried to teach him hes never alone.
Old 2011-12-28, 13:54   Link #40
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
I agree that he is redeemable...I just think he needs a bit more punishment xD
He got was punished enough, he lost the only friends and family he's ever truly had. He also got own by someone who is more arrogant than he was. That had to hurt, sine he thought he was invincible.

Quote:

Your assumptions =/= Truth
Unless Kubo states he is dead you CANNOT say he is dead or alive, just that he is injured and carried off by mohawk boy. This is manga...stupider things have happened.
He was carried out before the only person who can restore, restored him. She wasn't around and no Shinigami healed him either.

Quote:
I suppose we have different opinions on what is redeemable then because to me, a dude that enjoys himself in breaking other people's bonds and minds, regardless of his reasons, isn't redeemable and it annoys me greatly when Kubo (or any other though Kubo does this a lot) tries to redeem such characters.
I don't believe he's trying to redeem him, he is redeemable-- but I think it was more or less to show why he would follow Ginjou when his powers seemed superior and it also helps to explain why he had such a power. Since hollow powers are based on the soul
Quote:

Well we all know that Bleach has dropped from the top for a while now and most people have noted that this arc was boring and useless filler. This arc had the same feeling of the Bount arc in the anime to me. I suppose if Kubo was forced to end the arc, it was because even in Japan, people had this same feeling and weren't all that happy about it.
I don't think it was boring or pointless. They're nothing like the bounts
Quote:
PS: I suppose the only good thing about this arc for me was Riruka, which quickly made me wish she would replace Orihime's OP yet useless ass.
she's not useless. She's mobile hospital, she doesn't have to fight. Rejection ability is her greatest asset. We have enough warrior women, we don't need Orihime to be one too. I like her just fine the way she i---OKAY TOTAL LIE!!! There are a few things about her character I would change, so she'd be likable but fighting isn't one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
She was brainwashed at the time to think Ichigo was the outlaw, but still felt for him. So the feelings are certainly just as strong, even if she doesn't remember the details :P
I am not denying that she feels for him, her feelings for Ichigo are strong. Just not strong enough to be on Ichigo's side. She went against him, even Byakuya was able to fight Tsukishima, no matter what bonds he believed they had.

If only Orihime did that, and if she doesn't remember Tsukishima she might no remember going against Ichigo so there is no need for heartwarming make up scene. Something that makes me very happy XD

Rukia didn't get bookmarked at all and had an unwavering belief in Ichigo.

Looks like the KuchiKi's feelings are stronger
Quote:
Lol'd at how Riruka just stole Rukia's spotlight though. Literally used her.
Lol how she stole the spotlight from Orihime too. Ichigo was so concerned over Riruka waited for her to awake, (NOT ORIHIME) and even gave her a tender look when Orihime asks if she's crying.

Orihime's cuteness went unnoticed by Ichigo, again. Literally ignored her.
Quote:
I hope that Yukio gets some just desserts. Though he's more like an underpowered future villain for now.
More like an overpowered brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes but it takes a lot more to make him sympathetic, which is what the manga failed to do.
Speak for yourself, I found him very sympathetic at the end. I guess your Mileage May Vary on this one

Quote:
He mind rapes people and had to be warned by Ginjou not to take it too far because he was going to break Inoue and Chad's minds. If it's possible for a human to be evil then yeah, he's evil. At the very least Ginjou was confident that Tsukishima would follow orders enough to kill his most loyal subordinate so if he is just amoral then it's still hard to consider him sympathetic all of a sudden.
Another example of Mileage May Vary

It's subjective and has to do with the reader's own morals. Because there are some that would see, doing whatever is required to help the one you love. As a sign of devotion and love. It's a romantic notion no matter how bad his actions were.Humans can be evil but, it depends on one's perceptions of evil. No matter how much he enjoyed it, it doesn't necessarily make him evil

Griko was an evil character. He decided to kill his wife on a whim.

Tousen put it best---
Quote:
"Justice without a great cause begets nothing more than slaughter. However, that same slaughter in the name of a great cause is justice."
It depends on the reader's code of ethics, morals, and how much they're willing to forgive if they believe the reasons for character's motivation were valid ones.

Quote:
Edited by LoP
Except for what exactly he was trying to achieve by starting this whole mess, why he felt lonely,
  • He's a minor character, we don't really need to know all that. All we need to know is, he was lonely.
  • What was he trying to achieve? Power--the power to protect himself from those that would kill him.

why Soul Society felt the need to kill him
  • Probably because he was a Shinigami-Human Hybrid with Hollow powers. SS doesn't look to kindly on Hollow-Shinigami hybrids.

and most importantly why the hell we should even care
  • You're not supposed to care, he's a minor character, who was created simply to develop Chad and help Ichigo get his powers back and reveal that SS used Ichigo and intended to kill him. You're supposed to care about Ichigo not Ginjou

. (as well as numerous other small details like how Ginjou became a substitute shinigami in the first place,
  • Use your imagination. He's a Shinigami-human baby, the "how's" and "why's" doesn't matter. Those are minor details. He's also a Shinigami subsitute. That's all we need to know
how he found out Soul Society was trying to kill him

• Again that's a minor detail. "How" he found out isn't important, he did find out and that's all that matters
and how he managed to escape)
  • He did escape, he disappeared and again that's a minor detail. He managed to escape and they had no idea where he was.
  • Because they didn't know where he was, they intended to use Ichigo to flush him out, then destroy them both. That's all we need to know.
I think it's easier to edit your post
Quote:
In any case the whole Fullbringer group should at least be captured and have some sort of trail considering just how much mess they caused and how much of a danger they were, but for some bizarre reason Soul Society is willing to let them go. Being grey only works if it actually makes sense...
They're humans and it's not like they held the fate of the world in their hands. SS can't do much to them, because they weren't trying to end the world. As Rukia said "There job is to protect humans not punish them"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
i assume he died because he closed his eyes, smiled...faded out to white like he finally accepted death because his friend didnt leave him, but tried to teach him hes never alone.
Just like Starrk. You didn't actually see him die, but you know he died....
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion