AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 46 53.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 31.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 11.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 00:29   Link #101
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
The first was the flashback scene involving Aono and Matsuri, and the cavern. It's possible I'm penalising this too early, as there will hopefully be further illumination on the flashback in the next episode or two, but at the moment, the flashback feels awfully jerky to me, in terms of what it is trying to set up. Additionally, the tram car dialogue between Matsuri and Aono seemed to suffer a few problems as well, possibly due to the reliance on the flashback to establish the connection. I quite understand what happened, I just think the execution could be a tiny bit cleaner.
Hm? I think it is pretty obvious those scenes were "cut short" because the writer didn't want to reveal any of the bigger secrets behind them. Continuing either of the scenes and the dialogue would lead to knowledge we are not intended to have just yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
And it also hits us with another bombshell from what Aono says -- she overused her powers 3 months ago to create Yorito out of her memories. So she arranged for them to be in that house and for Yorito to think their parents are away. When really no parents exist, and his memories of Aono are a fabrication since she couldn't have been in the sunlight like normal people.
^ The way you say it makes it sound like a fact, but there was nothing of the sort mentioned in the episode. It does make for a speculation though
Old 2007-05-15, 00:49   Link #102
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm very good with intuition on these things, reference my post in another few eps And good insight there Evolution -- I was kinda chatting with a friend while watching so I missed the fact until now that Matsuri made Aono immortal it seems -- because she was in the light before killing herself, then only afterwards did she start burning in the sunlight.
Old 2007-05-15, 01:39   Link #103
4Tran

Episode 6 is another strong outing for sola. I think that it cements it as one of the better shows so far this year. For me, the highlight of the episode is the interaction between Yorito and Matsuri (as has been for every episode so far). I love the fact that their relationship implies a comfort level beyond that of most anime couples. As an added bonus, we finally find out Aono's relevance to the story. I definitely look forward to the rest of the show.
Old 2007-05-15, 03:13   Link #104
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

maybe the past yorito was not aono brother but sort of a lover relationship cuz when matsuri ask what about yorito Aono reply hes my brother but matsuri say "no way" as "Yorito is your" and it interrupted by aono repeating hes my brother again. so i kind of though past yorito and Aono share some sort of lover relationship which explain hen yorito die aono was so sad and commit suicide
Old 2007-05-15, 03:38   Link #105
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
maybe the past yorito was not aono brother but sort of a lover relationship cuz when matsuri ask what about yorito Aono reply hes my brother but matsuri say "no way" as "Yorito is your" and it interrupted by aono repeating hes my brother again. so i kind of though past yorito and Aono share some sort of lover relationship which explain hen yorito die aono was so sad and commit suicide
I think Yorito loved Matsuri in the past as well. Going on a wild guess here... Aono probably loved Yorito back then, but upon meeting Matsuri he probably fell for her. Might be the reason why Aono seemed less than thrilled about Matsuri showing up again, and why there seems to be a sor of tension between them. (I don't think this is solely connected to Matsuri turning Aono in to a yaka).

Might also be why Aono keeps her distance as his "sister" - she might know that Yorito is not going to love her that way, but still wants to be close to him. Present Yorito (whether he is a reincarnation or whatever) is still "obsessed" with Sky more than with anything else, showing that somewhere in his subconsciousness Matsuri still exists. If we want to be poetic: "The head has forgotten, but the heart still remembers".

Then again, i might land in the left field with this, but i wouldn't be surprised if the situation turns out somewhere along these lines.
Old 2007-05-15, 04:07   Link #106
JediNight
キズランダム

Or if Yorito is a creation of Aono, it could be her own will to see the sky when she cannot that instilled in Yorito a love for it.
Old 2007-05-15, 04:10   Link #107
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Or if Yorito is a creation of Aono, it could be her own will to see the sky when she cannot that instilled in Yorito a love for it.
i think that will be quite impossible as aono is felt happy or got a happy expression whenever yorito came and visit him.but when mana told aono yorito is out taking sky again Aono sort of got sad
Old 2007-05-15, 05:02   Link #108
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-15, 05:08   Link #109
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Ara?!.. a spoiler?.. this show has manga/novel/game spoiler potential?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
And it also hits us with another bombshell from what Aono says -- she overused her powers 3 months ago to create Yorito out of her memories. So she arranged for them to be in that house and for Yorito to think their parents are away. When really no parents exist, and his memories of Aono are a fabrication since she couldn't have been in the sunlight like normal people.
Very beautiful speculation. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
Oh great.. now its all over boiled and gone to your head.. xD
That's way to extreme speculation for the current events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky
[...] is still "obsessed" with Sky more than with anything else, showing that somewhere in his subconsciousness Matsuri still exists. If we want to be poetic: "The head has forgotten, but the heart still remembers".
Since when does Sky = Matsuri.. (pun with your nik intended)
Just cuz he likes the sky doesn't mean it got anything to do with Matsuri..

Since the sky is basically at the center of Yurito's personality, it's hard to believe he didn't like the sky way before he even knew Matsuri.
( in any case we don't have substantial evidence to believe otherwise =/ )

---------------------------------------------
Sorry it sounds more like poetic speculation to me.. xP
Old 2007-05-15, 05:42   Link #110
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
There are a couple of things any Yurito theories will have to consider.
1. He has no problem with modern appliances. Everything in the house worked until Matsuri tried to kick start them.
2. He evidently does adequately in school.
Very valid points. In fact, he seems to be very good with latest digital camera and electronic media, which means he had devoted much time studying those.
Old 2007-05-15, 05:54   Link #111
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

did anyoe realise that even thought matsuri and Aono is both yaka. which mean they cannot stay in daylight.it seem to me that Aono seem to know the present life much better than matsuri such as the technology etc and if yorito is the clone how does exactly did Aono get that much moeny to buy the modern equipment and houses
Old 2007-05-15, 06:03   Link #112
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'd say something like she was rich, but then little sister & bad-brother seem to have had money, yet they don't seem to be doing so well.
Old 2007-05-15, 06:08   Link #113
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

ya but in what way is she rich. she become yoka a few 100 years ago and the money back then can' be used. given many choice that since she a yoka.She can't work in daylight and also given all those night club cannot hired her since she Underage if she is a normal person.So the chances of aono buying that houses all this is kind of Low >.<-_-!!
Old 2007-05-15, 07:15   Link #114
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomMS View Post
ya but in what way is she rich. she become yoka a few 100 years ago and the money back then can' be used. given many choice that since she a yoka.She can't work in daylight and also given all those night club cannot hired her since she Underage if she is a normal person.So the chances of aono buying that houses all this is kind of Low >.<-_-!!
May be she made some good investments back in the past. Might run a private loan business as well.
Old 2007-05-15, 07:17   Link #115
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So, with episode six we get a huge plot twist, and loads of cute. Thats a perfect episode if you ask me.

Have to say i seen this coming from Aono. Especially with the early episode, telling Yorito to not open the curtain while the suns out --- though having been in contact with Matsuri from the past, that was a nice shock/add. & like its been mentioned already --- Yorito a creation? He was there at the start of the backflash, so that question is out and about at the moment.

Episode nine's title opens up more possibilities, titled
Spoiler for Episode nine title:
Old 2007-05-15, 07:23   Link #116
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

this episode indeed has alot of twist and it give the watcher alot alot of question.
i did like to see how the relationship between Matsuri Aono and yorito goes since matsuri an aono are so cute!!=3
Old 2007-05-15, 07:24   Link #117
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Since when does Sky = Matsuri.. (pun with your nik intended)
I figured as much

Quote:
Just cuz he likes the sky doesn't mean it got anything to do with Matsuri..

Since the sky is basically at the center of Yurito's personality, it's hard to believe he didn't like the sky way before he even knew Matsuri.
( in any case we don't have substantial evidence to believe otherwise =/ )

---------------------------------------------
Sorry it sounds more like poetic speculation to me.. xP
He might, or might not have liked the sky before he met Matsuri. Question is: why is sky at the very center of his personality?

We all know that Matsuri wishes to stand beneath the blue sky. The past Yorito (which might as well be the same Yorito we see now depending on what direction the plot will take) wanted to bring Matsuri out of that cave, under the blue sky. The same thing the present Yorito promised.

Sky is the theme that bounds the two in a way, and i don't think it is there just for the heck of it. It really didn't take any form of a twisted logic to arrive at the conclusion that Yorito feels drawn towards the sky given his past relationship with Matsuri, and the promise that he will bring her out under the blue sky one day.

It might be poetic, but that doesn't take anything away from it.

Now excuse me... i have finally summoned just enough willpower to get my lazy behind working on a Da Capo fanfic i have been wanting to write for months

Edit: On a side note... i have been thinking about the clue that Yorito had found that would help Matsuri. Hints towards a possible happy ending, or something to set us up for a low blow ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Episode nine's title opens up more possibilities, titled
Spoiler for Episode nine title:
Hm... now this indeed opens the gate for more speculations

So far, Sola has managed one thing that a lot of series failed to do recently - actively make speculations
Old 2007-05-15, 07:32   Link #118
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

well considering that the past Yorito found out a way to let matsuri walk under the sky but i think he die bz of exhustion or something and the yorito is kind of recarnated with the personalities of always watching sola.maybe the present yorito was given a job to the complete the task he cannot complete in his past and end the yaka curse or something
Old 2007-05-15, 07:35   Link #119
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
The problem is that is that there is no hint of reincarnation existing. Matsuri should be able to recognize Yorito when they first met, which she did not. I think it is a dream of future event that is gonna happen.
Old 2007-05-15, 07:40   Link #120
FreedomMS
Sola FTW

well u can kind of say that matsuri temporary forgot yorito as when yorito say that his name is yorito matsuri kind of shock and when she was dreaming, the past yorito got exaclty the same appearance as the present.And we all noe that in this episode matsuri is shown to have grown some feeling for yorito.and personally think Aono and Yorito in the past was lover but in present when Aono say yorito is her brother Matsuri say it impossible as Yorito was Aono"s something but aono reply instantly hes her brother showing that yorito knew in the relationship between them and it clearly shown that they r not sibling
Closed Thread