Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-21, 11:09   Link #961
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
i personally thought frederica was a rika that had lived her existance, i mean rika transcends time right. so imagine a rika that has lived and relived full long healthy lives. thats when she becomes frederica
You do realize that this conflicts with everything that is revealed to us in Higurashi, right? Frederica is a being that has the memories of all the Rikas that have died in the various worlds and who have had their memories transferred by Hanyuu. If Rika had lived a full life, Hanyuu would have had no reason to transfer her memories to other worlds. The only Rika we know of that lives (in the end of Saikoroshi-hen) decides to stop moving between worlds, so her memories probably don't join Frederica since she says that the version of her that might still exist in a higher dimension no longer matters.
Old 2008-11-21, 17:14   Link #962
EscapeAndBreakFree

No, I meant that either he would dissect him in onikakushi-hen like the dam murderer, OR conceive him into the hospital like he did with Satoshi.
Though I highly doubt Irie was going to dissect Keiichi, but I just label it as a possiability of what might have happened. But remember the yaimino, because they could've brought Keiichi to Takano. Though I do more so believe Keiichi was going to be hospitalized as a more likely out come.

Last edited by EscapeAndBreakFree; 2008-11-21 at 17:18. Reason: Spoiler tag
Old 2008-11-21, 17:31   Link #963
maximilianjenus
[E]

I am having trouble finding this excerpt, but it apparently comes from the end of the matsuribayashi arc, in which frederika talks about creating other fun worlds, like takano falling in love with tomitake, does anyone happen to have the text ( I remember it being in the tips or putting the pieces together topics but I can't find it) ?
Old 2008-11-21, 21:23   Link #964
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I am having trouble finding this excerpt, but it apparently comes from the end of the matsuribayashi arc, in which frederika talks about creating other fun worlds, like takano falling in love with tomitake, does anyone happen to have the text ( I remember it being in the tips or putting the pieces together topics but I can't find it) ?
The 52nd piece is here.
Old 2008-11-22, 14:19   Link #965
maximilianjenus
[E]

Thanks,that is one of my favorite pieces, but since I read through them all in one day I had trouble remembering which one it was.
Old 2008-11-22, 18:47   Link #966
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
You do realize that this conflicts with everything that is revealed to us in Higurashi, right? Frederica is a being that has the memories of all the Rikas that have died in the various worlds and who have had their memories transferred by Hanyuu. If Rika had lived a full life, Hanyuu would have had no reason to transfer her memories to other worlds. The only Rika we know of that lives (in the end of Saikoroshi-hen) decides to stop moving between worlds, so her memories probably don't join Frederica since she says that the version of her that might still exist in a higher dimension no longer matters.
i was thinking but what if even after saikoroshi-hen rika gets rebooted. wont those memories and stuff after that get augmented into the higher dimension?
and isnt frederica in that higher dimension ?? eh? i am confused.
Old 2008-11-22, 19:04   Link #967
Drake Phoenix
oro :O?

Quote:
i was thinking but what if even after saikoroshi-hen rika gets rebooted. wont those memories and stuff after that get augmented into the higher dimension?
and isnt frederica in that higher dimension ?? eh? i am confused.
Why Rika would be rebooted after having really good end for a long long time of bad ends? That doesn't make any sense.
But if you think about stuff like, Rika gets older in this happy world and then she died somehow (no mater how), Hanyuu uses her trick, her memory's are going to kakera and tada we have our adult bernkastel who like writing poem's. Then ths idea is not so bad.

If this post doesn't make any sense just ignore it... I'm kinda sleepy so Good Night ;p
Old 2008-11-22, 21:39   Link #968
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Phoenix View Post
Why Rika would be rebooted after having really good end for a long long time of bad ends? That doesn't make any sense.
But if you think about stuff like, Rika gets older in this happy world and then she died somehow (no mater how), Hanyuu uses her trick, her memory's are going to kakera and tada we have our adult bernkastel who like writing poem's. Then ths idea is not so bad.
In the end of Saikoroshi-hen Hanyuu states that she will never use her power on Rika again. It doesn't matter when Rika dies after that; her memories won't be transferred to that dimension.
Old 2008-11-22, 21:48   Link #969
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

doesnt rika like, get her own powers or something? maybe some of hanyuus power rubbed off her after all that nonsense =/

(she was able to stop a bullet wasnt she ) ?
Old 2008-11-22, 23:50   Link #970
Eryops

Quote:
doesnt rika like, get her own powers or something? maybe some of hanyuus power rubbed off her after all that nonsense =/

(she was able to stop a bullet wasnt she ) ?
That is irrelevant. Both Rika and Hanyuu agree that Rika should live a normal life from that point on and stop having her memories transferred between worlds. Whether they have such powers is meaningless when neither of them is willing to use them. (And Bernkastel can manipulate fragments of time to influence fate, but there's no evidence that she can transfer memories.)
Old 2008-11-25, 09:58   Link #971
maximilianjenus
[E]

Also, most of rika's "powers" coem from her knowing what happens until she is killed by takano, after she avoids that she knows nothing of the future.
Old 2008-11-25, 19:12   Link #972
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Also, most of rika's "powers" coem from her knowing what happens until she is killed by takano, after she avoids that she knows nothing of the future.
Rika's ability to stop time doesn't come from that though. Hanyuu is really weak, but she does have some supernatural abilities that Rika appears to be able to tap into to an extent.

Bernkastel is simply the accumulation of memories from all the Rikas that have died over the past century that have become self-aware. I think what happens when "Rika" arrives in a new world is that a copy of (most of) Bernkastel's memories replaces the existing Rika's memories (Rika can't recall anything from before she was playing with the rest of the club members in Minagoroshi-hen or from before she was hit with a ball in Saikoroshi-hen), which explains why Rika is aware that a version of herself exists in a higher dimension, why she says that she isn't Rika when she's speaking to Rena in Tsumihoboroshi-hen (since Bernkastel feels that way to an extent) and also why she gives herself the name Bernkastel in Saikoroshi-hen to distinguish herself from Rika. When Rika dies, these memories join the accumulation of memories in that higher dimension and thus become part of Bernkastel. This would explain why Bernkastel retains the name that "Rika" came up with in Saikoroshi-hen and why the Rika in the world at the end of Saikoroshi-hen says that the version of her in the higher dimension no longer matters, since her memories won't be joining it when she dies.
Old 2008-11-26, 20:46   Link #973
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeAndBreakFree View Post

No, I meant that either he would dissect him in onikakushi-hen like the dam murderer, OR conceive him into the hospital like he did with Satoshi.
Though I highly doubt Irie was going to dissect Keiichi, but I just label it as a possiability of what might have happened. But remember the yaimino, because they could've brought Keiichi to Takano. Though I do more so believe Keiichi was going to be hospitalized as a more likely out come.
I missed this post.

What would have Takano done with Keiichi in Onikakushi-hen? By that point she no longer cared about researching the syndrome; all she cared about was executing Operation Termination. Keiichi was of absolutely no use to her so why would the Yamainu take him to her?
Old 2008-11-27, 18:02   Link #974
maximilianjenus
[E]

The yamainu was going to bring keichi to irie, most likely, or rather, helping in restraining him.
Old 2008-11-28, 14:23   Link #975
Drake Phoenix

Quote:

What would have Takano done with Keiichi in Onikakushi-hen? By that point she no longer cared about researching the syndrome; all she cared about was executing Operation Termination. Keiichi was of absolutely no use to her so why would the Yamainu take him to her?
Don't forget that Irie was still alive , so Yamainu obey HIS orders (of course it's obvious tha Irie wanted to help).
Old 2008-11-28, 15:36   Link #976
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Phoenix View Post
Don't forget that Irie was still alive , so Yamainu obey HIS orders (of course it's obvious tha Irie wanted to help).
Yes. My point was that the Yamainu are serving Irie rather than Takano in that scene.
Old 2008-11-29, 04:41   Link #977
Drake Phoenix

Quote:
Yes. My point was that the Yamainu are serving Irie rather than Takano in that scene.
My misunderstanding, sorry
Old 2008-12-16, 10:39   Link #978
ShiiChan
Killer loli xD

Send a message via MSN to ShiiChan
I know it is a silly question, but can I ask it? >w<
Do you know, who is the woman in the final episode of Kai, in the end. It looks like Rika, but I cant believe it cuz this woman is an adult. And I just cant understand the situation. Can you explain it to me please? arigatou ^^

Update: (I dont had to wrote it there....I just realize that there is a Q&A topic >_> gomenne ^^""" )
Old 2008-12-17, 01:44   Link #979
Ming*2
spoiled by Jesus

This is kind of Umineko and Higurashi mixed, but I hope it's ok to ask.

I totally understand that Bernkatsel is basically the result of "BAD END" Rika, but then...what about Lambdadelta? Originally the theory said Miyo was her pawn, but since the new theory says Bernkatsel was created from Rika (and not the other way around) what connection does she serve to Takano then? Or has any information been given on that yet?

Sorry for asking, but I can't play the game and only a few chapters of the manga have been translated. ^^; I have no choice but to go off fan comments to know what's going on...

also umineko only, but I'll just throw it in as well: so the witches in umineko aren't even witch-witches? Because some people seem to talk like they are, but from how I'm understanding it, it looks more like they're only called witches because there's no real name to describe their strange abilities. *sweatdrops and shrugs* Sorry for throwing that in...
Old 2008-12-17, 01:50   Link #980
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Lambdadelta is most likely the personification/manifestation of the rules in the Higurashi universe that became a witch by itself (the whole trend was actually due to the combination of rule X, Y Z)

witch is basically used to designate "entities" that has transcended mankind, being involved with the dimensional worlds or Kakera... well, that's a nutshell explanation.