AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-09, 05:12   Link #21
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

eh it's nothing spectacular, but I'm sticking around for a few more episodes.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-10, 21:27   Link #22
larethian

Kind of bland, it's likely going to fall off for me. I enjoyed NGNL much more than this.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 12:26   Link #23
Lex79

So far it's giving me the same feelings of series like Shokugeki no Soma or Dagashi Kashi, namely that there are interesting elements but the main gimmick doesn't really click with me. I'll wait another one or two episodes to get a better idea of what games are going to be played in order to decide if keep watching or not.
Old 2024-04-15, 09:31   Link #24
Frontier

I understand Leshea is eager to get back to another God's Game with Fay, but they can't rush into it without a team...and also they should avoid interrupting Miranda's beauty sleep, even if she looks absolutely divine in a nightgown !

The OP goes surprisingly hard, featuring dynamic, action-packed, visuals of Fay, Leshea, their fellow apostles and their final team challenging the Gods' Game together .

It should be easy to hop onto a team, right? Fay is popular, after all! Unfortunately in the time Leshea has been hanging out with humans, she's traumatized and put several Apostles into the hospital. She just takes her games seriously, okay? And retreats into talking like an old school God when she's flustered .

She's also really self-conscious about her boobs. Like, "willing to end an entire civilization over commenting on the size of her chest" level of self-conscious. I mean, she DOES have a pretty sizeable rack, she'd also just rather not have anyone on the team with bigger boobs .

(Although she does mention she chose this form, so what does her real form look like ?)

Fay thinks they need a teleporter and who should coincidentally show up but a teleporter! And she's a blonde cutie named Pearl! Too bad she's retiring already...but a parfait is always a good way to sway a girl to conversation .

So Pearl has pretty skilled teleportation skills, and she can also shift places with things of equivalent weight that she's touched in a few seconds, but this ended up costing her a game when she swapped places with her captain when she got afraid, so now she's taking that loss hard and deciding to retire. But Leshea doesn't think that should be enough to get her to give up and Fay doesn't want anyone to give up on enjoying games .

I get she's a teleporter so she's probably just been porting into and out of her room...but leaving her room unlocked for six months? She was just begging to ask people to walk in on her changing, see her in her underwear, and get jumped by a God jealous of her bigger chest .

At least they managed to talk Pearl into a redeeming match with her old team, even if they aren't happy to see her, but she's got Fay and Leshea by her side and she knows that she doesn't want to give up on gaming and winning against the Gods. Though her revenge match is against the undefeated God Uroboros so...good luck with that .
Old 2024-04-15, 22:08   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

She's complaining her breasts are small? What?
Also, the girls sometimes have amusingly wide shoulders Yeah, I know the budget sucks, but when watching a dull anime, sometimes we just have to try hard to find something

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 23:43   Link #26
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
She's complaining her breasts are small? What?
Also, the girls sometimes have amusingly wide shoulders Yeah, I know the budget sucks, but when watching a dull anime, sometimes we just have to try hard to find something
She's more complaining about people wanting her chest to be bigger even though she has a perfectly-sized chest...though she also doesn't appreciate anyone being bigger than she is .
Old 2024-04-15, 23:46   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man we really just abandoned the whole fear of Leshea wiping out the city if you piss her off thing didn't we? While understandably upset about being bothered while getting ready for bed...it's probably not a good idea to complain about that to the god that could make her next rest an eternal one! Same goes for the idiot that decided to comment on her breast size over an open communication when he knew she was sitting right there! They are really banking on her having a solid friendship with Fay to not wipe them all out!

Obviously doesn't mean she should have free reign to do anything and everything. But...have to weight the pros and cons a bit!

Sadly the Pearl situation is one without a clear solution. Can't undo the result for the person that had to retire because it was their third loss. Of course their previous 2 losses aren't her fault so that's just how it goes. The only thing to do is at least give the rest of the team one more win since there are plenty of benefits to even getting one additional win.

Kind of funny how much drama suddenly is there for Leshea's breast size...when it seems perfectly fine. Yeah, she's not the largest in the world, but that's hardly a crisis.
Old 2024-04-16, 00:56   Link #28
Lex79

This might be a case where the characters design for the anime doesn't represent with 100% accuracy the breast size of the heroines.
Old 2024-04-16, 01:05   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
This might be a case where the characters design for the anime doesn't represent with 100% accuracy the breast size of the heroines.
That might be the case. Wouldn't be the first time the anime adaptation boosted a character's figure a bit, but left in the parts of the story that highlighted her not having that body type .

Although looking at some cover art for the light novels it seems like they pretty accurately adapted her design. Maybe it's just one of those weird times where any breast size that isn't colossal is considered petite.
Old 2024-04-16, 17:42   Link #30
Frontier

I mean, they were definitely clear she's not flat and I have to assume the moment she deliberately jiggled her own chest was clear on that front...I guess some people are never satisfied when it comes to boobs .
Old 2024-04-22, 09:29   Link #31
Frontier

So exactly what are Leshea's powers? Obviously her flames, but also some mild telekinesis ?

A lot of obstacles to overcome in this game against Uroboros...not only just surviving on the back of a giant sky dragon you have to make somehow yell out in pain, but also sky whales called leviathan surrounding you on all sides ready to eat you when you fall. Did we also mention Team Inferno who is still salty Pearl made them lose the last game? At least Captain Orvan (Kenta Miyake) seems reasonable .

So all the Gods have their own Meeps with different personalities? But they similarly really aren't all that great about informing you of all the rules, whether they be enthusiastic or depressed .

I see Leshea still doesn't quite know how to control her strength. I guess that's more people with scared Leshea stories .

Well, it's nice to have Pearl rubbing her chest up against you when she's scared, Fay, but Leshea definitely does not care for any other girls' chest being pressed against you...especially if you enjoy it .

So Pearl is the type to get an idea in her head and immediately run through with it...which is cute, though less cute is when her attacking the tail ends up costing the more of Team Inferno. Though Leshea is tired of their bad attitude towards Pearl getting in the way of enjoying the game and Pearl ended up finding a clue to the Hidden Rule anyways !

No surprise it would come down to the main three, riding Leviathans once Uroboros' tail has been hurt enough to make it rise into the sky, revealing it's true eyes in its stomach. And with some great teamwork, Leshea throwing her flames around (and ending up with battle damage!), and Fay and Pearl using her teleportation powers to hit Uroboros with its own eye beams, they finally succeed !

And their reward for beating the unbeatable god is...seeing it's true form, which is a cute girl voiced by Miyu Tomita! And Uroboros' heart, which can be used to play her again with even tougher challenges! Is that really a reward ?
Old 2024-04-22, 11:00   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

No wonder that game has never been cleared!

That's pure insanity. Also I love how Fay's read on the trap is both correct and wrong. It seems to depend on how hard you hit that spot. Not sure if the hardness of the hit impacts how long you can control the Leviathans. If it doesn't then Fay wiped out the other team for no reason by letting Leshea hit it. And literally everyone that wasn't directly protected by a literal former god was instantly wiped out. The required skills to clear this game is just on the utterly broken level!

Although really it's on Fay for not explaining his plan. Sure for the audience there's dramatic value in revealing the plan as he goes along. But this is a game with no time limit and no threats unless you do something. There's literally no reason for Fay to avoid answering what he's thinking before they take action. Heck, it's just a bad tactical move to have everyone hanging out in the kill zone. Have everyone back the heck out of there. Not as if only the person that hits Uroboros gets to control the Leviathans.

At least they got out of this one in one piece. Although now that I think about it...they didn't even need Pearl to clear this game. Fay would have tested the scale anyways. Plus Fay has both the skill to not die (not sure how it works since we haven't seen it yet). Even if Fay died that beam was strong enough to vaporize him and still take out the other eye ! She contributed nothing! At best, Pearl saying "ouch" helped get them to the key word for the game. But...she wasn't the only one that said it either.

Long term I think the story will get more interesting once Fay and Leshea get up to 2 losses. Until there's some real tension and consequence for them failing they probably won't be all that worried about anything they get into.
Old 2024-04-22, 13:53   Link #33
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
No wonder that game has never been cleared!

That's pure insanity. Also I love how Fay's read on the trap is both correct and wrong. It seems to depend on how hard you hit that spot. Not sure if the hardness of the hit impacts how long you can control the Leviathans. If it doesn't then Fay wiped out the other team for no reason by letting Leshea hit it. And literally everyone that wasn't directly protected by a literal former god was instantly wiped out. The required skills to clear this game is just on the utterly broken level!

Although really it's on Fay for not explaining his plan. Sure for the audience there's dramatic value in revealing the plan as he goes along. But this is a game with no time limit and no threats unless you do something. There's literally no reason for Fay to avoid answering what he's thinking before they take action. Heck, it's just a bad tactical move to have everyone hanging out in the kill zone. Have everyone back the heck out of there. Not as if only the person that hits Uroboros gets to control the Leviathans.

At least they got out of this one in one piece. Although now that I think about it...they didn't even need Pearl to clear this game. Fay would have tested the scale anyways. Plus Fay has both the skill to not die (not sure how it works since we haven't seen it yet). Even if Fay died that beam was strong enough to vaporize him and still take out the other eye ! She contributed nothing! At best, Pearl saying "ouch" helped get them to the key word for the game. But...she wasn't the only one that said it either.

Long term I think the story will get more interesting once Fay and Leshea get up to 2 losses. Until there's some real tension and consequence for them failing they probably won't be all that worried about anything they get into.
Nobody wants to take an eye beam if they can help it .
Old 2024-04-29, 09:34   Link #34
Frontier

Ponytail girl voiced by Kanna Nakamura finally makes her debut! And we even get to see her in her sleepwear! She too has had a bad experience with a game and sees Fay and his efforts against Uroboros as enough reason to fix her problem through him! Even swearing her life to him! Because Nel Reckless doesn't know the meaning of the word restraint .

Leshea, of course, wants to get right back to the God's Game, but thanks to their victory against Uroboros, they've inspired more Apostles to complete so there's too long of a waiting list. And to make sure Leshea doesn't threaten her way into a game, why not compete outside the city? In the Sacred City of Cal-mar, in fact ?

I keep forgetting this isn't a normal Japan setting with all the weird names, dinosaurs, and fantasy cities .

Pearl throws darts very cutely .

Honestly I feel like they were a little overly suspicious of Nel when they first saw her...though her immediately trying to become Fay's underling and groveling in front of him for the position, even to the point of being willing to wash him in the back, would probably throw off anyone. Though I love how Leshea is a little perturbed about the idea of Fay needing another woman in his life .

Looks like Uroboros is waiting for Fay to come play with her again judging by the eyecatch .

So Nel has the ability to store and reverse energy giving her superhuman abilities? That poor Mr. Driver though !

Not making the best first impression when you accuse the Chief Secretary of this branch of being a groper, Pearl. That's probably one of the main reasons you ended up taking the stairs up to his office and he made no comment on your lack of popularity. I also love how Leshea was ahead of everyone on the stairs .

So the team will be competing in a God's Game, but first an inter-team competition, and their first opponent is Dax, a serious and straightforward young man who seems like the perfect mirror to Fay and just as enthusiastic about games. So much so that he's building up the best team and wants Fay to join up. But Fay already has his own team .

Nel was forced to retire because of her teams' 3rd loss...a loss that only came about because they gave up rather than fighting to the bitter end. No wonder she wants to get back into it. Though I love how they come to understand Nel and want to get to know her better...while she's disguised as a server and immediately runs away when she gets caught. She's an interesting one, that's for sure .

So not only is this a competition between Fay and Dax, but with Nel on the line since she'll join whoever wins. And the game itself...AR sugoroku .
Old 2024-04-29, 11:23   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Once more I find it hilarious how they've completely stopped treating Leshea as a concern. So worried about pissing her off leading to Armageddon, but now it's all casual. I get that she had the world tour option set, but why not open with that? Seems like an unnecessary risk to tell Leshea that she'll have to wait a month to get into a game and not mention the second option until Fay brings it up. Was she going to wait until after Leshea blasted away one of their gates to force her way into a game to bring this up otherwise?

Geeze this girl really lives up to her last name. What a total nut! My condolences to the guy she probably sent to the hospital! Although I'm a bit iffy on the moral character of Fay's group that they ran from the scene of an accident . Probably best to not tell the Chief of Security about that.

Kind of funny to introduce elites and arrogant guys like Dax. The main cast already beat an undefeated god. If Dax is such hot stuff why didn't he take on this god at any point in the past? I guess maybe there are restrictions to which gods you can face in a region.

Admittedly I don't think there's a good reason to turn this guy down. He's definitely weird, but I don't see any actual downsides. Would save Fay time in gathering more people for his own team (especially if he's running away from potential recruits). Not like they knew Nel had hit her 3 loss limit. I get he's assembling a harem and another guy would get in the way of that...But I don't think he knows he's a harem protagonist. Wasn't he just asking people to let him and Leshea join them just a couple episodes ago?

My condolences to Nel. She just got stuck with a garbage team and it cost her.
Old 2024-04-29, 16:40   Link #36
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Once more I find it hilarious how they've completely stopped treating Leshea as a concern. So worried about pissing her off leading to Armageddon, but now it's all casual. I get that she had the world tour option set, but why not open with that? Seems like an unnecessary risk to tell Leshea that she'll have to wait a month to get into a game and not mention the second option until Fay brings it up. Was she going to wait until after Leshea blasted away one of their gates to force her way into a game to bring this up otherwise?

Geeze this girl really lives up to her last name. What a total nut! My condolences to the guy she probably sent to the hospital! Although I'm a bit iffy on the moral character of Fay's group that they ran from the scene of an accident . Probably best to not tell the Chief of Security about that.

Kind of funny to introduce elites and arrogant guys like Dax. The main cast already beat an undefeated god. If Dax is such hot stuff why didn't he take on this god at any point in the past? I guess maybe there are restrictions to which gods you can face in a region.

Admittedly I don't think there's a good reason to turn this guy down. He's definitely weird, but I don't see any actual downsides. Would save Fay time in gathering more people for his own team (especially if he's running away from potential recruits). Not like they knew Nel had hit her 3 loss limit. I get he's assembling a harem and another guy would get in the way of that...But I don't think he knows he's a harem protagonist. Wasn't he just asking people to let him and Leshea join them just a couple episodes ago?

My condolences to Nel. She just got stuck with a garbage team and it cost her.
To be fair I think they were long gone by the time she kicked the car .

I think Fay probably wants some more autonomy now that he and his team have succeeded on their own, or maybe he doesn't think Dax will take Leshea or Pearl.
Old 2024-05-03, 05:04   Link #37
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-05-03, 16:43   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Leshea in a bikini .

Now I hope we get a beach episode with all the girls in swimsuits !
Old 2024-05-04, 03:34   Link #39
Lex79

I need a refresh on the rules. Didn't losing three times mean you're out of games forever (and so they'll need to find some loophole to have Nel in the team) or am I remembering wrong?
Old 2024-05-04, 17:04   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I need a refresh on the rules. Didn't losing three times mean you're out of games forever (and so they'll need to find some loophole to have Nel in the team) or am I remembering wrong?
That was my understanding. I wonder if there's some kind of special privilege if you get recruited by a successful team.